Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention (14596 Views)

Polls: Anti-tinubu Protesters Ground Abuja, Demand Interim Govt, Fresh Polls / Full Result Of APC Presidential Primary For 2023 Election / NUT Kicks Against Direct Allocation Of Funds To Lgs, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2021
dreamxhaser:
I'm a northerner, but I want only want the likes of Tinibu, El rufai and wike in the sit of power.

My reason is Nigerians are Mad people, hence we need tough people in power.

Exactly what your kind said about Buhari, we can see where it got us... stop electing bad leaders..
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by famouscargo4u: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I am not a fan of Jagaban, but this man is not afraid of competition. He is ready to face the war. He faced it for Buhari and won. During OBJ, he faced him and won. And he even faced Abacha during his military and he took care of many politicians who ran away. Now, he is ready to fight in direct primary. Meanwhile his opponents are busy lobbying to choose who they want cos they dont want to compete with him. Lol.

This is one of the best comments I've read here. The cabals have flooded southwest with northerners and they have taken up Yoruba names so that they can be used during 2023 electioneering. They are banking on choosing the delegates across the states to appoint the presidential candidate. I don't like Tinubu but for sure if APC goes the way of Direct primary, he will emerge and trumps anyone PDP presents.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by softwareman(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2021
Penguin2:

After Tinubu used abracadabra Direct Primaries to chase Ambode out in 2019, he wants to repeat the same template for 2023 presidential primaries of the APC.

All he will do is to pay some hungry idiots in every state to manufacture numbers and you could be surprised to see Tinubu winning APC ticket with about 23 million votes.

Ask yourself why Gbajabiamila, one of Tinubu’s lapdogs, is the greatest proponent of Direct Primaries?

But I can bet my early morning poo that Buhari will return that document to the National Assembly.
How you people approbate and reprobate at the same time amazes me.
I thought you said direct primary is an antidote to Godfatherism which you often accuse Tinubu of.
Suddenly now direct primary is bad because the story says Tinubu supports it. If there is another story tomorrow that Tinubu is opposed to direct primaries, you will accuse him of imposition and Godfatherism.
Hetred truly blinds the mind of some people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by badoh(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2021
erinalex:

You have successfully turned Tinubu to god.

The power that Tinubu doesn't have, you will attributes it to him.

"Tinubu made PMB to become president "
So says the gullible mind....

The only time, Tinubu helped pmb was in the primary election.
Go and check the returns of PMB votes, even before the formation of APC.

In 1999 election, Tinubu supported Olu Falae yet OBJ won.

He supported Ribadu, yet the former EFCC boss lost gallantly.

Even here in Lagos, his part lost somewhere around Ilupeju axis.

They lost in OYO state, narrowly won in Osun.

Just to mention a few for you.

It's better for you to agree that, PDP and GEJ poor performance, paved the way for PMB,
Hello, Have you forgotten Buhari had previously lost 3 times( Against ObJ, yaradua and Jonathan). Had Tinubu not agreed to merge ACN with CPC, Buhari would still have lost irrespective of the performance of Jonathan. Buhari's 12m votes was mainly from the core north. If not that they sold the idea of merging to him, his CPC or northern votes alone cannot make him president.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Johncuppa(m): 11:49am On Nov 28, 2021
Bomond:
Mark my words, Tinubu will never be president
You are wise.

Another '93 loading in '23.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Johncuppa(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2021
omoolokunEsin:
What is democracy if all ELIGIBLE VOTERS are denied the RIGHT to be FULLY involved in all the processes of Election? Direct Primary is the antidote to Godfatherism, Impunity and the obnoxious levying of myriads of negativities on the citizenry by self-appointed "potentates" in the system.
In a simple term, please, explain "direct primary"
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by softwareman(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2021
Drogunov:

Oga can you please worship your idol/god quietly without rubbing him in our faces? Not every person will lick Tinubu's feet like you. Just hold your beliefs and opinions to yourself, gather your ancestors and clan and vote for him as president when the time for election comes. Just leave us alone!
You have a big problem of political tolerance. How does supporting a candidate and expressing so in a forum rubs anything on your face. Do you want him not to Post comments on this forum so that he does not offend you?
Why not support your own candidate instead of dissipating energy and spewing bile on other people's choice.
Call it feet licking whatever you wish. Everybody is entitled to their choice as you are entitled to yours.
Face your front. If you see a comment you don't like you do not have to read it.!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by erinalex: 11:54am On Nov 28, 2021
adelaja70:

Una go just dey deceive una self... In 2011 he backed GEJ and he won.

That he backed GEJ is just a figment of your own imagination.
Any proof to back up your claims ?

You mentioned only 2011 election, what of other elections, where Tinubu failed, that I mentioned ? No reaction on those ones ?

And if you believe that Tinubu is so that powerful, why are you now saying he can't win in the coming election ?

Why are you contradicting yourself ?

I ask you ago, Mr Soothsayer, who will be our next president.

Save the stories, just give us his/her name.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Kingstanding: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Olakunleyakub:
The politicians and people that hate this man did not really hate for any tangible reason than the fact that he will be too powerful as a president.

He has a big influence now without holding public office for 13years now and becoming the president will give them serious headache.

My thought though.
. You're too sensible. Kudos to you. All those that are opposing Tinubu are free to present their parents and electorate votes will now decide whom citizens want amongst the contestants.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Cantonese: 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
omoolokunEsin:
What is democracy if all ELIGIBLE VOTERS are denied the RIGHT to be FULLY involved in all the processes of Election? Direct Primary is the antidote to Godfatherism, Impunity and the obnoxious levying of myriads of negativities on the citizenry by self-appointed "potentates" in the system.

You comment betrays absolutely no tribalism or emotions.

When MKO contested the election of June 1993, it was option A4. Everyone stood in the sun, voted and ensured that the votes were counted and properly recorded. People voted in millions and victory was ensured for democracy.

Why these politicians choose to go the path of indirect primaries is mind boggling. With indirect primaries, how can we claim to be in a democracy?

Even the direct primaries can be subverted by the same godfathers. Ambode’s case readily comes to mind. My hope is that without delay the president should accent to these electoral reforms and let’s move away from that stage in the evolution of our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by sammyscholar(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
omoolokunEsin:
Seing your comment, I had to go and read what Direct Primary Election means again.

See:

"For simple definitions, a direct primary is one whereby members of a political party choose their party’s candidates while an indirect primary is one whereby party members elect delegates from among themselves who in turn decide the party’s flagbearers for upcomingelections."

Direct primary gives everybody (regardless of status) the right to carry out 'the actual' vote, and this is what Tinubu is pushing for.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by sammyscholar(m): 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
Cantonese:

You comment betrays absolutely no tribalism or emotions.

When MKO contested the election of June 1993, it was option A4. Everyone stood in the sun, voted and ensured that the votes were counted and properly recorded. People voted in millions and victory was ensured for democracy.

Why these politicians choose to go the path of indirect primaries is mind boggling. With indirect primaries, how can we claim to be in a democracy?

Even the direct primaries can be subverted by the same godfathers. Ambode’s case readily comes to mind. My hope is that without delay the president should accent to these electoral reforms and let’s move away from that stage in the evolution of our democracy.
Anybody can lose direct primaries. Members of APC (across status) voted against Ambode. People spoke against him, not just Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Gbajure(m): 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Penguin2:

After Tinubu used abracadabra Direct Primaries to chase Ambode out in 2019, he wants to repeat the same template for 2023 presidential primaries of the APC.

All he will do is to pay some hungry idiots in every state to manufacture numbers and you could be surprised to see Tinubu winning APC ticket with about 23 million votes.

Ask yourself why Gbajabiamila, one of Tinubu’s lapdogs, is the greatest proponent of Direct Primaries?

But I can bet my early morning poo that Buhari will return that document to the National Assembly.

Buhari has no choice but to append his signature. If Tinubu could be that powerful to have the Senate president from Buni state also in his camp, then he shd be declared the President via consensus.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
sammyscholar:
Seing your comment, I had to go and read what Direct Primary Election means again.

See:

"For simple definitions, a direct primary is one whereby members of a political party choose their party’s candidates while an indirect primary is one whereby party members elect delegates from among themselves who in turn decide the party’s flagbearers for upcomingelections."

Direct primary gives everybody (regardless of status) the right to carry out 'the actual' vote, and this is what Tinubu is pushing for.

So Is my Comment wrong? Or what are you saying?
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
sammyscholar:

See:

So, is my Comment wrong? Or what are you saying?
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Johncuppa:

In a simple term, please, explain "direct primary"

You're on Nairaland and you do not know the meaning of Direct Primary! Na wa o.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Cantonese: 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
sammyscholar:
Anybody can lose direct primaries. Members of APC (across status) voted against Ambode. People spoke against him, not just Tinubu.

That’s what we are saying. Direct primaries can be influenced by money and the more politically connected.

In Ambode’s case, it was more like those who got him the seat had an expectation for settlement. Apparently it turned sour when Ambode failed and the same people insisted to get him out. See even if it was indirect, Ambode’s was doomed.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by adelaja70(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
erinalex:

That he backed GEJ is just a figment of your own imagination.
Any proof to back up your claims ?

You mentioned only 2011 election, what of other elections, where Tinubu failed, that I mentioned ? No reaction on those ones ?

And if you believe that Tinubu is so that powerful, why are you now saying he can't win in the coming election ?

Why are you contradicting yourself ?

I ask you ago, Mr Soothsayer, who will be our next president.

Save the stories, just give us his/her name.

Who be this again? When did i tell you that Tinubu won't win the election?.. Yeah Tinubu backed GEJ in 2011 that was why he won 5 states in South West AND AC candidate Ribadu won only 1 state. Besides, why Igbos nor dey face the own problem? Must you stalk the Yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by xnsandrxns: 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
BigSarah:
If Tinubu or the SW can pull this off, All other regions in the South should Forget about Presidency or Vice presidency for at least 30years...
Because the SW is erecting it's own Oligarchy will the succeed and become the King in The south?
I'd like to find out
The SouthWest is already the king of the South
It's an established fact
And this is because we love everybody
We are the only ones that can be trusted to be fair to every region

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
Olakunleyakub:
The politicians and people that hate this man did not really hate for any tangible reason than the fact that he will be too powerful as a president.

He has a big influence now without holding public office for 13years now and becoming the president will give them serious headache.

My thought though.

What has he done with the influence he has? Since the South West are happy for him to be their king let him be the head of the SW region. We are not looking for anybody to be an emperor. Who has Tinubu built that is not a Yoruba politician or his boy? Who are his friends outside of the south west? You want to bring another regionalist so we can continue to suffer?
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Ekpeitit(m): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
ugabamuzu:
Human ... They beg for money once they have it they look for power and after that they look for more power...

Why can't tinubu concentrate on his old age and on uniting his children
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Ekpeitit(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Every Nigerian has the right to contest elections including you. If Tinubu bothers you too much please go to court or ask Nnamdi Kanu to contest against Tinubu. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by sammyscholar(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

So, is my Comment wrong? Or what are you saying?
No sir. I'm just corroborating what you said.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by jrusky(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Urbanchampion:
Asiwaju Jagaban, olórúkọ ńlá, aláàyà gbàngbà bí òkè. Ẹkùn, ọkọ àwọn ẹni ibi!

English pls.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by adekolaelect(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
Penguin2:

Don't allow your hatred for Tinubu makes you unreasonable .Direct primary election will give youths and new generation of politicians to become leaders,It will limit money bags politics in Nigeria ,politicians will consentrate on good performance in office bce their good deeds and popularity will determine their opportunity to upgrade in their political career.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by jrusky(m): 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
If I'm to be honest in this situation hhmm...if Tinubu contest for primary under apc he will win mind you I'm not saying he will become the president but if he contest the primary in his party surely he will beat anybody hands-down. This is fact no need hating or swearing or insulting him on these.

I'm not his fan and I'm not apc and I will never be apc but as it stand Tinubu is a heavy weight in apc.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by adekolaelect(m): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Drogunov:

Oga can you please worship your idol/god quietly without rubbing him in our faces? Not every person will lick Tinubu's feet like you. Just hold your beliefs and opinions to yourself, gather your ancestors and clan and vote for him as president when the time for election comes. Just leave us alone!
wailar he is entitled to his opinion .what is your problem with what he said or You expect you everybody to become children of hate like you .As everybody can not be Tinubus feet's lockers so the everybody too can not be children of 8 .so keep your hatred with you and allow those that lick Tinubus feet's on their own.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Echoban: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
tolue42:
For the past one week, everyone Was in surport of DIRECT primaries during elections (cause everyone believe it'll cripple TINUBU),

But today they figure out TINUBU is even the one clamoring for direct primary by proxy, then most people started foaming in their mouths....lol

This man should be study in schools. TINUBU 401 !

Aswear grin

Just imagine if it was the other way round this page would have reached 10pages grin

That nigha should be added to Political science curriculum.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
sammyscholar:
No sir. I'm just corroborating what you said.

Gbam.
Re: Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention by caracas: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Olakunleyakub:

My thought though.
Your thought is trash
Tinubu is nothing outside Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okowa: Kwankwaso And Obi Were PDP Members Until Months Ago (Video) / Agency Headed By Buhari’s In-law Caught In Another Massive Procurement Fraud / Zainab Ahmed Insists FIRS Will Collect Stamp Duties, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.