Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? (657 Views)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / My Feelings Have Changed For My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Also known as very close to; almost. It's not unusual to hear a friend, family member, or neighbor use the phrase "I nearly...." Whenever they recall an experience.

For some, it's positive, while others are negative.

What are your "Nearly Moments" where you felt a missed opportunity would have changed your life?

I'll go first: I nearly got into Unilag in 2010 after making a jamb score of 270 & a Putme of 65 to study Economics. That didn't happen, and I feel I would have moved faster in life and be at some top places if I had that admission. Unfortunately, age caught up with me as I managed to graduate at 26, round up service at 27 and those GT jobs were far and scarce to come by, as either I was late (age wise) or I hadn't enough experience.

Also, when I got admission into Yabatech for my OND, I got a notification for an admission application I applied through PFL a year earlier at Abuja. It was a program (Economics) at Sunderland University in the UK, but funds was the challenge and I quickly got over it.

I also nearly got into NNPC during the previous GT recruitment but didn't make it. For me, it was like the Eureka moment. I felt fate had finally smiled upon me. I was hopeful and upbeat that I would make it. Wrote the exam in Lagos, and was shortlisted for the interview in Abuja. Had a very confident interview session and was hopeful that I would be among the successful applicants.

It never happened. My hope dashed once again. Well, I've moved on, trying to make out of what life holds.

Sometimes, I look back and think of what could have been.

So what's yours? Please do share.

Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Hmm..
I don't wanna believe there's anything like "nearly" or "almost" moment to hit it big. I believe if it didn't click at the last minute, it wasn't meant to be even before it started. So I don't see it as a miss.

If it's meant to be, it will work out and nothing will stop it.

What's gonna be is gonna be.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by adebayour26: 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Well, i could probably have died last month (Oct 23 - just few days to my birthday) in a car accident on my way to lagos.
Our driver noticed the front wheel were shaken in an unusual manner, he stopped 'immediately', only to see that 4 out of 5 nuts in the tyre rim has broken (Broken, not loosed), only one nut was left.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by chatinent: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nearly became a millionaire at age 16.
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
Here to read lies and truth.

Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Double0h7(f): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
I nearly spilt boiling water all down my bottom half a few weeks ago. I learnt never to cook naked, and never use my bare hands to lift a pot of the cooker.
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Double0h7:
I nearly spilt boiling water all down my bottom half a few weeks ago. I learnt never to cook naked, and never use my bare hands to lift a pot of the cooker.
na wa o.no be small thing.
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Double0h7:
Wow!!
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mercychen:
Hmm..
I don't wanna believe there's anything like "nearly" or "almost" moment to hit it big. I believe if it didn't click at the last minute, it wasn't meant to be even before it started. So I don't see it as a miss.

"A body at rest will remain at rest unless an outside force acts on it, and a body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an outside force."
- Newton's Firstst law of Motion.

There's nothing like "what will be will be"

1 Like

Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
I nearly win 8M for bet9ja but one game cut am....
I be wan kill my self that day

1 Like

Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:50am On Dec 02, 2021
lipsrsealed
If not for mumu PSG wey go cook draw soup last night,I for don nearly become 81k richer angry
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Candidlady: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2021
Double0h7:

lmao... Why would you wanna cook naked? When you got a guest in the house do you stil cook nude?
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by socialmediaman: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2021
Mercychen:
Hmm..

This world was created with choices that’s why God doesn’t force us to do things, we decide. He could’ve prevented Eve from eating the fruit, he didn’t. Jesus Christ chose to die on the cross. He could’ve chosen another path if he wanted. We decide who we are. You could be the Peter, or Judas of the world, whoever you want to be… if you have time and put yourself on the path knowingly or unknowingly.

If you are on the wrong path, you also have opportunities to get back on track before it’s too late. Sometimes it’s too late, like when someone is on the death row, and sometimes there’s one more chance, like when they get a state pardon.

The world is full of choices!

Opportunities are available to everyone, though some people will do best in some opportunities if they’re prepared and make good use of the opportunity.
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Uyi168: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2021
Mercychen:
Hmm..

your last two lines, na big lie.
Re: What Are Your "Nearly Moments" That Would Have Changed Your Life? by Double0h7(f): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Candidlady:

lmao... Why would you wanna cook naked? When you got a guest in the house do you stil cook nude?

LOL, I live alone and I enjoy fresh air on my butt grin

@ bold... No, I'm not crazy now

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Advice A Brother / Instagram Account For Sell (yankee Account) / Today Is My Birth Anniversary. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.