Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air (960 Views)

My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J / Happy Birthday OAM4J / Finally Seun, OAM4J & Jarus Settle Ripple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by komando77(m): 4:31am On Jun 10, 2011
Ever since Oamaj became Mod for this section, what has been noticed is his humble aproach to issues. He is always polite, and gives reasons for his actions. Well done Oamaj, and well done Seun for appointing a cool head to the job.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Idowuogbo(f): 5:11am On Jun 10, 2011
thanks for noticing my koboko , hes ever cool
a gentleman in al department, dats y i continue to catch grenade for him
poster once again bless u smiley smiley smiley
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by tpia5: 5:12am On Jun 10, 2011
he's only been a mod for like a week.

was this thread really necessary or is something else going on.

the mods before him- were they not also working?

i dont know what the butt kissing is about, really.

it's just a forum for crying out loud.

yes, i am jealous, for whoever wants to throw out that line.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by ektbear: 6:16am On Jun 10, 2011
+1

Sai OAM4J
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by isalegan2: 6:24am On Jun 10, 2011
A change is evident.  The jury is still out on the overall improvement to the site.  But OAM4J is definitely making his contribution to this section.  As long as he takes it easy on our passionate posters.

Please don't go wild with the Banning Stick and Delete Button oh!  cheesy
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by OAM4J: 6:32am On Jun 10, 2011
Thank you OP and everyone on this thread for your kind words.

Its been a collective responsibility not just on the part of the moderators but also on the part of the law abiding posters who continuously cooperate and work with us moderators to tidy up this section. If there is a noticeable positive change already, then the honour goes to all of us and not just to me or to the moderators.

Thank you.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Chyz2: 6:36am On Jun 10, 2011
tpia@:

Gotta give credit where credit is due. OAM4J is taking care of business. Chyz* gives his endorsement.  cool
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Rhino5dm: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2011
I don't normally feel confortable with anything that has to do with FRESH and AIR but i am down with this cheesy cheesy cheesy

carry on our humble mod jare!!!. . .

Notice how this great appointment drives out the Bigot-in-chief BEAF from this section grin Muhehe.

Mod watch out for beaf's new moniker grin
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by enyojo(f): 7:22am On Jun 10, 2011
In as much as I'm beginning to like OAM4J, the burden rests on Seun to explain the under-hand tactics used to eject Aisha2 from Nairaland ab initio later demoting her to 'Foreign affairs' section as it happened to Ngozi Nkojo-Weala. Studied silence on this issue won't help.
Atleast we all know that seun is a strong advocate of Freedom of Information.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Odunnu: 8:23am On Jun 10, 2011
[s]Now how political is this?
myJarus knows better than to leave this here[/s]
He's taking after his mama, I trained him well. Bumping into tribalist threads with cute headings suddenly ended. Kudos son!
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Desola(f): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2011
Very effective guy indeed! Thanks to Seun and Jarus who opened a forum for us to discuss nominating a new mod that resulted in the emergence of oa4mj.

Was spam botted and banned from posting all day yesterday. One contact with the moderators and this gentleman went into swift action to rectify the issue.

Well done, and please keep the good work up and don't fall by the sideway. Your efforts are appreciated.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by tpia5: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2011
I dont support unnecessary butt kissing when someone has just started whatever it is you say he's doing. This praise singing is the bane of nigeria. Most of the people shouting his praises, are only doing so because they were "friends" with him before, or are trying to get into his good books. Like i said, its only an internet forum for goodness sake. If he's doing a good job in your opinion by deleting inciting threads, then thank him on the threads in question- i'm sure he'll get the message. Personally i havent seen any thread or post which matches the level of bile and venom which used to be the hallmark of this site, but if yall think he's showing exceptional effort, then please keep your commendations in one place, not everywhere.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by tpia5: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2011
Isnt this the same way they're calling gej fresh air when bombs are exploding all over the place and more people are getting killed by the day.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Desola(f): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2011
Stop getting your knickers in a twist girl! If there is any butt kissing to be done, it most certainly wouldn't be from me and I express my opinion without a care for whoever ox is being gored.

I am not for currying favour or pussy footing for anything let alone an internet forum. However, in the sam token, I would praise whoever is carrying out their duties diligently.

If you are nauseated about the 'praise singing', then do yourself a favour and throw up. You either like it or lump it!

Worraheck!
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by tpia5: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2011
^No need to take my post personally.
I happened to post after you doesnt mean i was referring to you.

Neither am i saying he isnt doing a good job but all these praise singers need to fall back and stop trying to confuse him.

I was watching all of them on the other thread too, where they were falling over themselves because he was nominated. If they're doing all that in public then lord knows what they're saying to him in private.We'll soon see.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by emekagh(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2011
Yes, nice work OAM4J
Keeping tribalism and hate at bay is a very good development.
Please do not rest on you oars sir, plenty work ahead.

Kudos for what you have done so far!

You are as much a[size=22pt] FRESH AIR [/size]as GEJ
Keep it up!
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by dustydee: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2011
Seun had to wait till after GEJs innauguration before appointing a new moderator. Is zoning in place on Nairaland?
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by komando77(m): 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ Tipia,
Let's call a spade a spade. The guy is performing LIKE FASOLHA smiley. I remember seeing one thread that was derailed due to tribal bashing. Instead of handing out bans left right and center, the dude simply cleaned up the thread, and asked everyone to be of their best behavior: and I think it worked. The truth is that quality moderation has been spotted from a distance. The reason for starting this thread is so that future mods can learn that it is possible to be modest while moderating. Tipia, if you see something good happening in our Nairaland, praise it.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by kasiem(m): 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
I must say that the coming of this dude was a sort of nightmare for seanet and bk.babe. The reasoning of this seanet of a boy is confined to tribal hates and the coming of this epoch made him irrelevant here and he's no longer posting as usual. But, sometimes we need free air for a small fight.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by enyojo(f): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
tpia@:

Isnt this the same way they're calling gej fresh air when bombs are exploding all over the place and more people are getting killed by the day.

I like this^^
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by alexleo(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
The fact that this moderator is constantly cleaning this house making it always free from tribal war is highly commendable. The past moderators were not quick in cleaning up tribalistic posts. They will rather allow the war go on endlesly until people start shouting against it.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by tpia5: 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
And didnt the past moderators also start off in a similar manner until all their energy got zapped.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by enyojo(f): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
alexleo:

The fact that this moderator is constantly cleaning this house making it always free from tribal war is highly commendable. [s]The past moderators were not quick in cleaning up tribalistic posts. They will rather allow the war go on endlesly until people start shouting against it.[/s]

For what gain do u write this?
Aisha2 has sent me strong warning personal mail against a post I dropped in a Pro-GEJ thread. She didnt support GEJ yet in the heat of the political debate, she warned me to stay off and rather post in a Pro-Buhari thread.
In as much as I was against that mail; (which if I could reply would have given it back to her HOT) yet I felt and still feels it takes maturity for her to do that.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Natasha2(f): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2011
Idowuogbo:

thanks for noticing my koboko , hes ever cool
a gentleman in al department, dats y i continue to catch grenade for him
poster once again bless u  smiley smiley smiley
don't forget I was the one who arranged you guys  wink

@op that's true he is very polite and has been working tirelessly I wonder if he has time for himself  cry I think he's the best Moderator on NL cheesy
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Natasha2(f): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2011
tpia@:

bad bele at its best  cheesy Seun please can you create a dislike button ? undecided  this post^^^ needs more than 500 dislike   
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by komando77(m): 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
Tipia knows her self: as she said, she's just being jealous. For the rest of us, its 'more grease to your elbows Oam4j!'
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by komando77(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
As a further sign of Oam4js' maturity and moderational sagacity, notice that he has chosen not to join issues with Tipia, who has used lowly language to describe her jealousy of the dude, and his apparent popularity accross the politics section. Nairaland politics section takes a large part of our time, and our lives. So, a mod who makes it more worth it should be congratulated. Once more, I thank Sheun fo putting a square peg in a square hole. If Sheun is Tinubu, then Oam4j is Fashola.
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by Odunnu: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
. . .and who is Buhari?
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by jmaine: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
tpia@:

Was this necessary lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and yet you were commended in nairaland stylee embarassed
Re: Moderator Oam4j: A Breathe Of Fresh Air by redsun(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Stipulated and organized religion is d subjection of d mind to eternal darknessm,It is a fog that overshadows d mind.

(1) (Reply)

The Consequence Of Islamic Militancy In Nigeria. Is Is Time To Deploy The Army? / Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport / Foreign Accounts: Tinubu's Trial Begins, Police Stop Acn Supp. Storming Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.