Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu (1632 Views)

Grassroots Mobilisation For Bola Ahmed Tinubu In Mbaitoli Lga,Imo State. / 2023: Mohammed Saleh, Others Begin Mobilisation For Tinubu In Kaduna / 2023 Presidency: Northern Elders Reject Power Shift To South (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Naijadaily: 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
www.legit.ng

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has been endorsed as the successor of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023The endorsement of the Senate Chief Whip was by one of his support groups in northern Nigeria, with the acronym UKSUGKalu, a former governor of Abia state is one of the leaders of the ruling APC in the southeast region of Nigeria

Damaturu - A group from the northeast region - Uzor Kalu Support Group (UKSUG) has urged the Chief Whip of the Senate and former governor of Abia state, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu to run for the 2023 presidential election.

The group said Senator Kalu has wide contacts and acceptance across the country to run for the 2023 presidency.

The coordinator of UKSUG in the northeast, Alhaji Mohammed Yusuf Ajiji who said this in a statement seen by Legit.ng.

He said UKSUG believes that Senator Kalu has the professional and business acumen required to consolidate on the gains so far recorded by the Buhari administration.

His words:

“We have conducted a survey across the country using different structures and the results are all pointing towards Senator Uzor Kalu as a man with wide contacts across the country, who has the wherewithal to promote unity, peace, and development post-Buhari era.

“His performance as the governor of Abia state was legendary and he has proven time and again that he has the capacity to manage men and resources.”

He said what Nigeria requires at the moment is a leader who knows Nigeria and its diverse cultures and people through interaction, trade, and politics, adding that Senator Uzor Kalu is a pan-Nigeria to the core, who can guarantee the rights of minorities and majorities alike.

He added:

“For us in the northeast, Senator Kalu is well known to us as a student leader, a philanthropist, a businessman and a politician to the core, and when opportunities for the leadership of Nigeria present themselves in 2023.

“We have marshalled out our plans for mass mobilization towards his political aspiration especially when he declares his intention to vie for the presidency of Nigeria.”

The coordinator said as the Chief Whip of the Senate, Kalu is the highest-ranking "southeasterner" holding a political office in this dispensation and when the APC eventually zones its presidential ticket to the southeast in the interest of equity and fair play, he should be given the right of first refusal.

In a related development, the Director-General of Voice of Nigeria (VON) and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Osita Okechukwu, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is silently in support of Nigeria president of Igbo extraction 2023 project.

Okechukwu also said some other prominent Nigerians are supporting the Igbo presidency project, but he didn't mention any names.

He also appealed to Buhari to honour elder statesman Chief Mbazulike Amechi with the release of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Meanwhile, President Buhari has said he would not spend a day longer in office even as he denied nursing any plan to extend his tenure beyond May 29, 2023.

The president made the comment during a meeting with United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said those who attempted to extend their tenures were disgraced and he wouldn't attempt it.

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1445338-2023-northern-group-urges-orji-uzor-kalu-run-president/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Abdul05: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Under which party? grin grin not APC l guess

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Onepeople: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Orji should go and sit down, he instituted corruption in abia state, him and his western counterparts is not what the country needs at this point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Bastard1stborn: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
Orji kor... Ojikutu ni. These people thinks we are paramountly foolish. Hmmmmmm na scope be that oooo for Orji self to enter the queue... Lol

Ole nla... Wa gbayi. Squad awon ogara olosha.

Orji

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by duro4chang(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
Atiku is their choice in the east.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by PandoraObi: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Risky
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by mouthofThegod: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
duro4chang:
Atiku is their choice in the east.
Tinubu asslicker is in tears grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by duro4chang(m): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
mouthofThegod:

Atiku asslicker you are confused already.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Bastard1stborn:
Orji kor... Ojikutu ni. These people thinks we are paramountly foolish. Hmmmmmm na scope be that oooo for Orji self to enter the queue... Lol

Ole nla... Wa gbayi. Squad awon ogara olosha.

Orji
Orji Kalu has long been on the queue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by BlackfireX: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
See them

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

No vacancy for obi, kanu, tinubu, and all southerners
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by adekolaelect(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
mouthofThegod:

you get problem .most you mention Tinubu in everything you say? You need mentoring before it get out of hand for you.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
Anybody but Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Bendeco02: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
OUK the man of the people..

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Vistra40: 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
Abdul05:

The last time I checked he was an APC member

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Vistra40: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Abdul05:

Secondly, I know there are igbo Buharists. Are you telling me that those igbo buharists who are disliked because of their political stance do not deserve a place in the APC? Answer me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by bolaji73(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Let not deceive ourselves, same reason why PDP won't give south east his presidential slot, that's same reason why APC won't also..

No reasonable Businessman will put his investment where it won't yield a return.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by AlhajiNatty(m): 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
We shall see!
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
bolaji73:
Let not deceive ourselves, same reason why PDP won't give south east his presidential slot, that's same reason why APC won't also..

No reasonable Businessman will put his investment where it won't yield a return.
Shut up your mouth . It is only a fool will think the north will support Tinubu In 2023...

The north don't play politics the way we play politics in the south

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by johnmartus(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
This northern people know how to play game. You keep collecting igbo money but later you will still say they are not deserve to be in aso rock villa.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Danjikanbauchi: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
Abdul05:
you deh fear day the guy zai bi Tinubu da gudun tsiya, ya tsitsinla Mai Mari akeya grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Danjikanbauchi: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
Onepeople:
Orji should go and sit down, he instituted corruption in abia state, him and his western counterparts is not what the country needs at this point.
lolz Afonja but Tinubu with the broad day light billions vans is a a gentleman ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Onepeople: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
lolz Afonja but Tinubu with the broad day light billions vans is a a gentleman ?
nwanne i and orji kalu are from abia north, i am from isukwuato while orji is from igbere under ohafia local government, we are known for telling each other the truth ,that is our identity as igbos, don't allow anyone or group of people because of their selfish interest allow you to lose this precious identity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by techWriter1: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by JaroMan: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
bolaji73:

You guys with this line of point are beginning to sound childish and terrible.
If APC gives SE the ticket, since SE is inconsequential, north should vote the man. Is it not APC that won? Must you raise the bar so high because it's Igbo?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Jostoman: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Today it is Tinubu and tommorow it will be Orji kalu, These northerners keep using Tinubu and Orji kalu's head to play ludo grin.
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by Bettykeys: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Northerner pressing AfghanEastan mumu button and it's ringing in the piiiigs brain

Any sensible Political Party to field yeeeasterner ?

Never in 50 years time
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by contigiency(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
“His performance as the governor of Abia state was legendary and he has proven time and again that he has the capacity to manage men and resources.”

It was at this point of the statement that I gave up reading.
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by bolaji73(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
JaroMan:

You guys with this line of point are beginning to sound childish and terrible.
If APC gives SE the ticket, since SE is inconsequential, north should vote the man. Is it not APC that won? Must you raise the bar so high because it's Igbo?
You are not being realistic. Try to put sentiment aside.No South east candidate as at today can win election for either APC or PDP in a presidential race(2023)..You and I know the reason so as those parties.. Whether those reasons for their inability to win are genuine or not is another discussion but the fact is they can't...
NB: I'm not a card carrying member of either party.. I'm just stating the obvious base on current happenings..
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by contigiency(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2021

The moment I got to this part of the statement, I stopped reading.
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by JaroMan: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
bolaji73:

You are not being realistic. Try to put sentiment aside.No South east candidate as at today can win election for either APC or PDP in a presidential race(2023)..You and I know the reason so as those parties.. Whether those reasons for their inability to win are genuine or not is another discussion but the fact is they can't...
NB: I'm not a card carrying member of either party.. I'm just stating the obvious base on current happenings..
How? Because there won't be election if they give them the ticket? I don't understand this oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by oyatz(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
This is good for democracy.

We need as many people as possible to join the presidential race and the best should emerge.

mrvitalis, gidgiddy, penguin2, AsampeteNnwaayi, PrinceOfLagos and PaChukwudi44 should rally round this aspirant and project him to the Nigerian people instead of trying to bring down a particular candidate.
Re: 2023 Presidency :Northern Group begin Mobilisation For Orji Kalu by bolaji73(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
JaroMan:

How? Because there won't be election if they give them the ticket? I don't understand this oo
Except all political parties ceed their tickets solely to South eastern candidate..Trust me,if PDP gives it ticket to South east ands APC give his to a Ghanaian.. trust me ,APC will still win..Yes! That's the extent you guys have damage your reputation when to come to national politics..

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Our Problem With Tinubu. / BREAKING: 192 National Assembly Members Set To Dump APC / 2023 Election Poll Displayed On Arise News Shows Peter Obi In Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.