Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre (1034 Views)

Pele Has Won More Ballon D’or Awards Than Lionel Messi Or Cristiano Ronaldo / Ronaldo: I Deserve More Ballon D’or Awards Than Messi / "The One Mistake Ronaldo Made In His Career" - Carlo Ancelotti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Insidenaija: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo's greatest ambition is to retire having won the Ballon d'Or more times than his long-time rival Lionel Messi, according to the chief of the award Pascal Ferre, who hands out the trophy every year.

Ronaldo is a five-time Ballon d'Or winner and has been nominated the most with a record 17 times but remains one behind Messi, who has won six times.

The Argentine is tipped to be the frontrunner for this year's award, which would take his tally to seven, but Ferre revealed Ronaldo is desperate to top his arch-rival, Messi.

'Ronaldo has only one ambition and that is to retire with more Ballon d'Or than Messi and I know because he told me,' Ferre said, via Marca.

Ahead of the ceremony next Monday, this year's winner was reportedly leaked earlier this week with Messi scooping up the coveted accolade once again, via talkSPORT.

Karim Benzema, who was found guilty in his sex-tape blackmail case this week, has reportedly come in second, while Robert Lewandowski finished third.

Messi won the award at the last ceremony in 2019, while Ronaldo has not secured the prize since 2016. The PSG forward was preceded by Luka Modric, who, according to Ferre, 'cried like a child' when he called to tell the Croatian he had won.

The French journalist believes revealing the winner at the gala is part of the magic of the award which is why their identity must be kept secret until the deal day.

'We are very careful. The winner of the Ballon d'Or is a big secret. I don't think there is a comparable situation in sport,' he said.

Ronaldo was in the running this year, making the 11-man shortlist, but is not considered a favourite after his poor performance last year.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/cristiano-ronaldos-only-ambition-is-to-finish-his-career-with-more-ballon-dor-trophies-than-rival-lionel-messi-claims-the-chief-of-the-award/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by paulolee(m): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
its nice for cr7 to dream of winning more, its too bad dt it cnt happen bcox his easiest way of winning anoda ballon is by winning d uc but with this united we all know, its almost impossible for them to even reach d last 4
second option is winning d worldcup bt Portugal is still struggling to qualify..
messi winning his 7th award tomoro means cr7 can never reach messi talkless of winning more than him..
but cr7 can continue trying bcoz messi is used to taking d lead while others keeps playing catch up...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by dawnomike(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
He can do it... Although, his chance of doing that in this Man United team is very slim.
Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
Unfortunately, he can't.........

Messi is too big to be stopped by a player whose presence on the pitch is felt only when he scores.

But him don Dubai D'or pass Messi na.....why the worry??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Messi is too big to be stopped by a player whose presence on the pitch is felt only when he scores.

Penaldo the dreamer. grin grin

He is fully aware that at the end of the day the numba of balon d'or will b the yardstick used for judging the best between them, nd painfully to him nd his fangirls Messi has more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by paulolee(m): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

lolz....mayb na dubai d or he tell dis ferre bcox na him even get dt award dis year again....mk e manage am, award na award

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
dawnomike:
He can do it... Although, his chance of doing that in this Man United team is very slim.
Lets be sincere here, he can't do it at 37............Salah, Haaland, Mbappe, Lewandoski no ready to slow down.

I doubt if Ronaldo and Messi go even make top 5 next year.............. this may even be their last nomination before they hang boot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
paulolee:

lolz....mayb na dubai d or he tell dis ferre bcox na him even get dt award dis year again....mk e manage am, award na award
grin grin grin

You forget Golden Foot Award?
Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

Penaldo the dreamer. grin grin
na Joseph younger brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by paulolee(m): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
dawnomike:
when messi confirms dt tomoro ballon, na cr7 n e fans d tin go pain pass bcox dm know say messi is two step ahead of the GOAT race n dis cr7 get only 3 year left in top flight football, I dnt even see him winning one except he wins d worldcup or ucl...
for now, na only city fit gv am d UCL bt he choosed united...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2021
paulolee:

I really hope Messi wins it 2mao cos i wan witness premium tears abeg. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by paulolee(m): 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin grin

You forget Golden Foot Award?
lolz...make rm even give am golden leg award, best Portuguese award n golden shirt award...none reach d ballon d or n naim mk e fans bin de support kante, next was Jorginho n now na lewa..
DM no know say person like messi wey GOD don bless no need crowd..
now some fools de call copa 9 team tournament, d same rats wey de troll am after e lose 3 finals o...now e win am n d talk change..
make u see as GOD favor take de confuse messi enemies...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by paulolee(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

I really hope Messi wins it 2mao cos i wan witness premium tears abeg. grin grin
d winner was leaked earlier dis month n even leo n his family told closed friends....nothing is certain bcoz na man de take d decision..
d chancces of leo not being awarded tomorrow is very slim...make we wait n see shaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Lets be sincere here, he can't do it at 37............Salah, Haaland, Mbappe, Lewandoski no ready to slow down.

I doubt if Ronaldo and Messi go even make top 5 next year.............. this may even be their last nomination before they hang boot.
The end of an era for Messi nd Ronaldo. Either of Lewi or Salah will win that of 2022.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
paulolee:

d winner was leaked earlier dis month n even leo n his family told closed friends....nothing is certain bcoz na man de take d decision..
d chancces of leo not being awarded tomorrow is very slim...make we wait n see shaaa

I really hope say him go win am sha. Which time b the award? Pray make he b evening. B like voting go done end.
Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Must you tell lies

Anything against Ronaldo is true to you
But anything against Messi is false

Is this what you , paulolee,MJBolt, JohnnyPalmer, etc call correctness?

Either I worship Messi or I'm just wailing..

What sort of logic is that ?

These things are unnecessary /Messi doesn't NEED them....

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
paulolee:

lolz...make rm even give am golden leg award, best Portuguese award n golden shirt award...none reach d ballon d or n naim mk e fans bin de support kante, next was Jorginho n now na lewa..
DM no know say person like messi wey GOD don bless no need crowd..
now some fools de call copa 9 team tournament, d same rats wey de troll am after e lose 3 finals o...now e win am n d talk change..
make u see as GOD favor take de confuse messi enemies...
forget those double standard clowns ......Balon D'or and Copa America turn trash as soon Messi win am. I hope he doesn't turn WC to trash someday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Must you tell lies

Anything against Ronaldo is true to you
But anything against Messi is false

Is this what you , paulolee,MJBolt, JohnnyPalmer, etc call correctness?

Either I worship Messi or I'm just wailing..

What sort of logic is that ?

These things are unnecessary /Messi doesn't NEED them....
still can't find any of the gibberish you wrote in my comment.

Pinpoint the lies or don't quote me next time.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

The end of an era for Messi nd Ronaldo. Either of Lewi or Salah will win that of 2022.
World cup fit Bleep them up cos of their country. Mbappe stand a better chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

grin grin

They no go fit sleep just like Copa America win gave the sleepless nights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
still can't find any of the gibberish you wrote in my comment.

Pinpoint the lies or don't quote me next time.

Thank you.

What you said about Ronaldo was false

Thanks
Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

What you said about Ronaldo was false

Thanks
You may not like my comment but I am fully convinced it's not its not even close to being a lie.
Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You may not like my comment but I am fully convinced it's not its not even close to being a lie.

Ok

It's your comment anyway
Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin

They no go fit sleep just like Copa America win gave the sleepless nights

Hahahahahaha grin grin.

Some of them no kum online for like one week. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
World cup fit Bleep them up cos of their country. Mbappe stand a better chance.

True talk bro. I done completely 4get say 2022 na world cup year nd world cup performance go greatly influence the voting for balon d'or. Well, anybody can win it as long as Pendu will not win it. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

True talk bro. I done completely 4get say 2022 na world cup year nd world cup performance go greatly influence the voting for balon d'or.
exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

Hahahahahaha grin grin.

Some of them no kum online for like one week. cheesy
They came back when they perfect plan to call Copa America trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Numerouno94(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Lol, they re like BMCs. They withdraw wen there is fire nd crawl out as soon as they hv cooked up lies. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Kilishihunter: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Chairman I hope you and numerouno94 dey prepare unaselves for tomorrow

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Chairman I hope you and numerouno94 dey prepare unaselves for tomorrow
Evra don even congratulate Messi.....Penaldians go piss for pant grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by OJEEMAH(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

Lol, they re like BMCs. They withdraw wen there is fire nd crawl out as soon as they hv cooked up lies. grin grin
Na them vote for Buhari nau grin grin

One of them dey talk like Garbage Shehu while another sabi lie like Laid Moh'd, Adeshina & FFK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo's 'only Ambition Is To Finish His Career With More Ballon D'or- Ferre by Kilishihunter: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Evra don even congratulate Messi.....Penaldians go piss for pant grin grin
Na make the official awarding comot so we go know how to do the rest na him we dey wait for grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Odds You Can Use / Quarter Finals Champions League / Should The Black Race Pull Out Of The World Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.