Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,675 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu (17188 Views)

Indian Man Scams Phone Buyer In Lagos / The Bitter Experience Of Gionee / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Landforce1: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
Last week, I put up my phone for sale on . On Thursday, a guy called me, asked if the phone was still available. We negotiated on the price and had an agreement. The only issue was that, he was in Enugu while I, in Anambra. I agreed to send the phone over to my friend in Enugu who will help finalize the deal. On Friday, I reached out to the buyer and informed him I was going to do the waybill he politely asked me to send him my friend's number which I did after I had sent the phone via waybill. In addition I sent the buyers number to my friend too.

My friend told me he had called the buyer to establish contact so it would be much easier to deal with him when the phone arrives. Though the waybill company wasted a lot of time and the phone got to Enugu around 4pm. My friend called the buyer and he said he was busy that he would call back leta.

He never called back. It really got me worried later that Friday night I called the buyer to get why he didn't reach out again and was surprised when he asked me who I was. Sha, I felt it was a mixed up so introduced myself. He told me he was busy sha he would call back. He still didn't call back. I was very furious so I sent him a text informing him that the phone would be sent back if he doesn't make contact the following morning.

In the morning on Saturday that's yesterday he called me and apologized for the previous day. He then assured me he would reach out to my friend before noon so that they could finalize the exchange... Fast forward to 3pm on Saturday, he never reached out.

I called him and yet again he asked me who I was. Still maintaining my cool, I told him about our previous conversations but this time, he said he was at a wedding that he would reach out later that evening. Till now he hasn't called.

I've been trying to wrap my head around what his motive could be but I'm still not finding a good explanation for his actions.

Meanwhile, while we were negotiating on the price I told him I was using the said phone and I would be resetting my personal data before sending the phone over to him. I asked him to tell me should he change his mind about buying the phone so that I don't lose both my data and waybill money. He assured me he was serious with his intentions to buy the phone.

This night being Sunday, I called again but he aggressively said I was disturbing him so he blocked me.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Dchaer(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sorry o, it’s part of life win some and lose some but rest assured what goes around comes around.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Landforce1: 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
No truer words
Dchaer:
Sorry o, it’s part of life win some and lose some but rest assured what goes around comes around.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
Lock up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by TarOrfeeek: 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
You were even acting very desperate.

Sending heartbreak emoji to someone who wants to buy your phone.

I've put my phone on here for sale one time. Buyer came with hilux and had finished counting the raw cash.

I changed my mind on the spot. NO.

Bros, no vex. I no dey sell again.

Him go, me I go. Nobody lose data or money.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Pearlqueen(f): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Landforce1:
Last week, I put up my phone for sale on . On Thursday, a guy called me, phone number 08035316182, asked if the phone was still available. We negotiated on the price and had an agreement. The only issue was that, he was in Enugu while I, in Anambra. I agreed to send the phone over to my friend in Enugu who will help finalize the deal. On Friday, I reached out to the buyer and informed him I was going to do the waybill he politely asked me to send him my friend's number which I did after I had sent the phone via waybill. In addition I sent the buyers number to my friend too. My friend told me he had called the buyer to establish contact so it would be much easier to deal with him when the phone arrives. Though the waybill company wasted a lot of time and the phone got to Enugu around 4pm. My friend called the buyer and he said he was busy that he would call back leta . He never called back. It really got me worried later that Friday night I called the buyer to get why he didn't reach out again and was surprised when he asked me who I was. Sha, I felt it was a mixed up so introduced myself. He told me he was busy sha he would call back. He still didn't call back. I was very furious so I sent him a text informing him that the phone would be sent back if he doesn't make contact the following morning.

In the morning on Saturday that's yesterday he called me and apologized for the previous day. He then assured me he would reach out to my friend before noon so that they could finalize the exchange... Fast forward to 3pm on Saturday, he never reached out.
I called him and yet again he asked me who I was. Still maintaining my cool, I told him about our previous conversations but this time, he said he was at a wedding that he would reach out later that evening. Till now he hasn't called.

I've been trying to wrap my head around what his motive could be but I'm still not finding a good explanation for his actions.

Meanwhile, while we were negotiating on the price I told him I was using the said phone and I would be resetting my personal data before sending the phone over to him. I asked him to tell me should he change his mind about buying the phone so that I don't lose both my data and waybill money. He assured me he was serious with his intentions to buy the phone.
This night being Sunday, I called again but he aggressively said I was disturbing him so he blocked me
What's the phone brand and model. Maybe we could deal.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by hansomb: 12:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Sorry for the stress you went through, at least you did not lose your phone to the scammer. Maybe it someone you know playing with your intelligence.

38 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by hansomb: 12:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Sorry for the stress you went through, at least you did not lose your phone to the scammer. Maybe it someone you know playing with your intelligence

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by juniorstar(m): 1:49am On Nov 29, 2021
Landforce1:
Last week, I put up my phone for sale on . On Thursday, a guy called me, phone number 08035316182, asked if the phone was still available. We negotiated on the price and had an agreement. The only issue was that, he was in Enugu while I, in Anambra. I agreed to send the phone over to my friend in Enugu who will help finalize the deal. On Friday, I reached out to the buyer and informed him I was going to do the waybill he politely asked me to send him my friend's number which I did after I had sent the phone via waybill. In addition I sent the buyers number to my friend too. My friend told me he had called the buyer to establish contact so it would be much easier to deal with him when the phone arrives. Though the waybill company wasted a lot of time and the phone got to Enugu around 4pm. My friend called the buyer and he said he was busy that he would call back leta . He never called back. It really got me worried later that Friday night I called the buyer to get why he didn't reach out again and was surprised when he asked me who I was. Sha, I felt it was a mixed up so introduced myself. He told me he was busy sha he would call back. He still didn't call back. I was very furious so I sent him a text informing him that the phone would be sent back if he doesn't make contact the following morning.

This night being Sunday, I called again but he aggressively said I was disturbing him so he blocked me
Not a serious buyer...

8 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by jacy346(f): 2:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Post your phone pic and model here
I'm looking for phone to buy and my location is close to you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by heed101(m): 2:13am On Nov 29, 2021
One thing about sales. Never show desperation to dispose your items. It will drop the value of the item. There are many people out there that are testing their negotiation skills and not ready to buy things

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by michlins(m): 4:52am On Nov 29, 2021
There has been no sc detected by your write up. If this guy should sue you for defamation of character especially with the fact you brought his phone number to a public forum, you will never survive it.

Say you're in desperate need of money and he played on your desperation and wasted your time and energy, that doesn't him a scammer.

Please let's be guided

6 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by JamOSneh: 6:35am On Nov 29, 2021
Egbò weyrey I wish you experienced this too do u knw aw stressful is to go through all wat op go through even u urself will call him Assassin if u experience this
michlins:
There has been no sc detected by your write up. If this guy should sue you for defamation of character especially with the fact you brought his phone number to a public forum, you will never survive it.

Say you're in desperate need of money and he played on your desperation and wasted your time and energy, that doesn't him a scammer.

Please let's be guided

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by lereinter(m): 6:40am On Nov 29, 2021
Why do you refer to him as scammer?

Everything points to an unserious buyer, maybe he has gotten another bargain and he was reluctant to tell you

And you too, you are a novice in selling online

5 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by michlins(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2021
JamOSneh:
Egbò weyrey I wish you experienced this too do u knw aw stressful is to go through all wat op go through even u urself will call him Assassin if u experience this
sir, I do business online and this is part of what I see daily. Someone will call and text you with him pointing to being serious. You will send samples and explain how to achieve perfection on the job. He will accept everything and give the job to someone else. It's not scam brother

12 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2021
iPhone 6s Dey location is Ekiti
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Meister(m): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2021
That's why making use of escrow is better here so nobody will waste another persons time

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by soloxxng: 8:24am On Nov 29, 2021
So u feel making the seller pay waybill fare to and fro Enugu when he wasn't serious, is not scam enough. If the buyer had changed his mind, courtesy demands that he inform the seller to avoid waste of resources/time
michlins:

Please let's be guided

54 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by soloxxng: 8:24am On Nov 29, 2021
What would he have done
lereinter:

Why do you refer to him as scammer?

Everything points to an unserious buyer, maybe he has gotten another bargain and he was reluctant to tell you

And you too, you are a novice in selling online

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by skywalker240(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2021
OP you seem to kind of act desperate

You're the seller, you have the power

You didn't acted on that

Whenever i sell something over here, i agree to escrew if that's what the potential buyer wants, (a trusted one though)

But the important thing is that my alert must beep with the money first before anything else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by michlins(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2021
soloxxng:
So u feel making the seller pay waybill fare to and fro Enugu when he wasn't serious, is not scam enough. If the buyer had changed his mind, courtesy demands that he inform the seller to avoid waste of resources/time
someone might be stupid and inconsiderate but it doesn't make him a scammer. Note the difference

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by francisbarrack(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2021
Ihatebuhariwith:
iPhone 6s Dey location is Ekiti

What's d features
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Olam09(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Sorry

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by PCG001: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by chaseblack(m): 9:04am On Nov 29, 2021
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Authoreety: 9:04am On Nov 29, 2021
michlins:

Please let's be guided
Bia, go and take ur medication!

11 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by rondef(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Next time someone approaches you for such a transaction ask him to make part payment as a show of seriousness

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by DropsMic(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Nigerians must get sense by force or perish

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Coldie(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2021
It happens, whether na foolishness or just plain wickedness I don’t know.

Same thing happened to me, I no was to go to work by public transport so I called a friend of mine who knows anybody going to work so I can join him, he gave me a guys number.

We spoke and settled everything from pickup to time, to avoid disappointment I called him that morning, afternoon he was to pick me in the evening as it was a night shift, 6:00pm I was at the pickup point, called him he said ok he is coming 6,15 I didn’t see him I called him again he did not pick, 6,30 I called him he asked who I was, how did I get this number, he doesn’t know anybody answering my name, he doesn’t know me.

I was shocked, funny thing is that he went for his own work and stranded me there at a place and wrong time it was unbelievable

14 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by paulolee(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2021
u cnt force him to buy na....dts why is better to do business within ur environment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu by Kobicove(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2021
It's pretty obvious the guy is no longer interested in buying the phone...just cancel the deal and move on.

Next time someone approaches you for such a transaction ask him to make part payment as a show of seriousness

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twitter Purges Dormant Accounts: Celebrities Losts Millions Of Followers / LG V0 Thinq Announced With 5 Cameras. Specs, Photos And Price. / The MTN Enhanced Goodybag: Call All Networks At 10k/s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.