Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1953 Views)

Organ Systems Involved In Digestion Of Food - The Explanations And The Notes / Structure And Functions Of Fat And Proteins - Key Explanations And Notes / Is Marriage To Cousins A Taboo In Your Part Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Paperbag(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: . by jaeyking(m): 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
Okaym
My own question is that y do u like sleeping your heads facing her toes.

You no dey fear say she fit kick your face undecided undecided

Everyone have that belief that he/she hold with great esteem.its either u learn to accept hers or u leave her alone
By the way
relationship is all about tolerance and understanding.

8 Likes

Re: . by Paperbag(m): 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
jaeyking:
Okaym
My own question is that y do u like sleeping your heads facing her toes.

You no dey fear say she fit kick your face undecided undecided

Everyone have that belief that he/she hold with great esteem.its either u learn to accept hers or u leave her alone
By the way
relationship is all about tolerance and understanding.

Im a late sleeper so i do that most times when i become uncomfortable ..

My own is she is taking the thing real serious ..
I have told her i can never be comfortable with it cause her excuses are just stories ..

Thats why im asking so someone tells me the real jerk about it so i know my stand ...

1 Like

Re: . by ifex370(m): 12:45am On Nov 29, 2021
OP you sef na cultist... No lie tongue

4 Likes

Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2021
i dont know about taboo, but it is indeed strange if you always switch position....and you better check yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 29, 2021
You never talk true. That's an ogbanje act or are you an ogbanje?
I mean... Why would anyone do such a thing if not for fetish reasons? That's weird now. Please stop it.

I wonder what she's still doing with you.

9 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Paperbag:

Im a late sleeper so i do that most times when i become uncomfortable ..

My own is she is taking the thing real serious ..
I have told her i can never be comfortable with it cause her excuses are just stories ..

Thats why im asking so someone tells me the real jerk about it so i know my stand ...

The real jerk is that you are a weirdo!
You're acting strange. Common..., grin Who does that?

Late sleeper kor. What has that got to do with sleeping position? There's something you're not telling us. Please, come clean.

9 Likes

Re: . by NwaAmaikpe: 3:06am On Nov 29, 2021
shocked

Time you guys should use in getting to know each other better through sex, you're using it to argue over sleeping position.

If after 3years of dating, something as petty as who slept on what side of the bed is such a big problem, then both of you are not ready for marriage.

Except you like peeping into her kpekus, your preference for switching posture later at night makes no sense to me.

She is superstitious, you are immature and both of you are fornicators who will end up in hell and that should be your concern you son of the flesh.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 29, 2021
Smh

1 Like

Re: . by wunmi590(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2021

It seems this OP is high on osogbo weed, why would you be sleeping like that when your girlfriend is by your side....

So if you want go have se.x with her you still do that ribbish undecided

2 Likes

Re: . by Richy4(m): 5:59am On Nov 29, 2021

OP, I believe your parent did not correct you when that behavior was forming from the beginning as a child... U took it to adulthood...

it is not a taboo buddy but strange behavior as an adult... U can't be sleeping from the head all of a sudden u switch to the foot, u are no longer a baby.. cheesy(or maybe she has been calling u baby and u are now behaving like one cheesy)

On a serious note, it's nothing to be ashamed of.. Just admit to her that u picked it up as a kid and that u like it that way.. I'm just imagining how to wake a partner up because I want to change sleeping position.. that is weird smiley

In future, you will need a twin bed or let your spouse sleep in the other room just incase she doesn't like the habit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by clockwisereport: 7:04am On Nov 29, 2021

Sometimes i change position in bed by sleeping head to her toes ( like my head will be where her legs are and my legs where her head are )

She suppose get the code if she be correct babe. Baba use style dey tell madam say she get mouth odour

4 Likes

Re: . by cayorday89(m): 7:17am On Nov 29, 2021
Funny comments, OP it's left for you to change for her, but you should also be worried about any other superstitious beliefs she is having, I for one don't really like people with too many superstitious beliefs. I also change my sleeping positions like my bed does not have a head or leg part, anywhere can be so I just move pillows but not done every time and since someone is with you, you have to adjust since she finds it weird for two different positions on a single bed.

2 Likes

Re: . by Paperbag(m): 8:00am On Nov 29, 2021
Mercychen:

The real jerk is that you are a weirdo!
You're acting strange. Common..., grin Who does that?

Late sleeper kor. What has that got to do with sleeping position? There's something you're not telling us. Please, come clean.

You pepo should stop naah ...
Sleeping like that Dosnt mean anything ,
Its ones a while i do it not that its everyday thing and she her issues is not about me being weirdo or me hiding something ..

Its she saying its a taboo and leads to marriage breakups and childlessness ..

If im hiding something will i come here and type that ?? Sick of 9ja people fa

1 Like

Re: . by Twoclans(f): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2021
It is not even about the superstitions for me .I would be worried if a guy that should be cuddling my bumbum and stealing kisses is busy putting his head to my toe.

Biko OP I jump and pass.

6 Likes

Re: . by Paperbag(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2021
cayorday89:
Funny comments, OP it's left for you to change for her, but you should also be worried about any other superstitious beliefs she is having, I for one don't really like people with too many superstitious beliefs. I also change my sleeping positions like my bed does not have a head or leg part, anywhere can be so I just move pillows but not done every time and since someone is with you, you have to adjust since she finds it weird for two different positions on a single bed.

Finally someone is getting me ...

See i do it ones a while and maybe i just feel uncomfortable sometimes about breath and snoring Or trying to get the most ventilation ( i do wake her up sometimes so we change position at night )

My worry is the superstition thing tbh , i can stop the position thing but then im feeling there is more to it ..she cried so much on this thing , very unusual ( i will just be looking her so shocked and amazed )

I just want a confirmation about the taboo from people..

Thanks ..you one of d few good ones
Re: . by Paperbag(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Twoclans:
It is not even about the superstitions for me .I would be worried if a guy that should be cuddling my bumbum and stealing kisses is busy putting his head to my toe.

Biko OP I jump and pass.

We like siblings now, no be bumbum dey do us
And its not an everyday something ..
It happens ones a while
Re: . by Paperbag(m): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2021
ifex370:
OP you sef na cultist... No lie tongue

Lol ...i hate stress for life
I no fit be cultist,
Re: . by Paperbag(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
i dont know about taboo, but it is indeed strange if you always switch position....and you better check yourself.

I do it sometimes to avoid direct Ac on my face or trying to get proper ventilation or her breathing on me ...im kind of very sensitive to things
Re: . by Restroom: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2021
You nor well

Obviously,something dey move you to sleep like that

Or is that how you grew up with your siblings?

1 Like

Re: . by Dollywood(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2021
Lmaooooo. Your habit is worse I'd never sleep on the same bed with you, if you sleep like that be ready to suck on my toes. Haha

3 Likes

Re: . by Ihavethingstodo: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2021
Paperbag:

I do it sometimes to avoid direct Ac on my face or trying to get proper ventilation or her breathing on me ...im kind of very sensitive to things

Then change the position of your bed or the ac

1 Like

Re: . by xavuv: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2021
This is no taboo. I do it wella. I do it in Uni days when sleeping on same mattress with male firends. I just dont want to us inhale each others breath, or to prevent things like sneezing, coughs which are easily transferable.
I sleep in that position once in a while even now that im a family man.

1 Like

Re: . by Vision101(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
@xavuv
This is no taboo. I do it wella. I do it in Uni days when sleeping on same mattress with male firends. I just dont want to us inhale each others breath, or to prevent things like sneezing, coughs which are easily transferable.
I sleep in that position once in a while even now that im a family man.

@me
Did you ever receive any dirty smelly fart grin
Re: . by Imustnottalk: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Paperbag:
Ok have been dating a lady for three years now and anytime she comes visiting we have issues about our sleeping position ...

Sometimes i change position in bed by sleeping head to her toes ( like my head will be where her legs are and my legs where her head are )

I notice any time i do it she wakes immediately and change her position by placing her head where mine is ,during the day she complains i should stop it thats its a taboo .

One night i woke her up to change position as i wanted to too and she woke up and started crying saying i don't want us to marry that its a very bad thing to do ,that if couples do it something will make them separate in the future, i got angry that night and left to the sitting room to sleep .

Now im getting worried about the issue , i can't settle down with a superstitious lady ..

So please if anyone knows the implications of the sleeping position please let me know ..

Thanks
how old are you sir
Re: . by Ulunne777(f): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
You need to date someone with feet odour if your behavior will not change.The kind that isnt easily washed away by just bathing.Let the person deliberately bring it near your nostrils.
What kind of thing is this?

Your girl is fetish on the other hand.What has someone's sleeping position got to do with whatever?

1 Like

Re: . by MufasaLion: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mercychen:
You never talk true. That's an ogbanje act or are you an ogbanje?
I mean... Why would anyone do such a thing if not for fetish reasons? That's weird now. Please stop it.

I wonder what she's still doing with you.

You typed TRASH! Nothing like ogbanje or whatever you call it here.
Re: . by MufasaLion: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
It is not a taboo and it's a normal thing especially for someone that's sensitive to some things. You can just try and talk to her about it and explain better to her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
MufasaLion:

You typed TRASH! Nothing like ogbanje or whatever you call it here.

Oga, leave me alone now.
Hm

2 Likes

Re: . by MufasaLion: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mercychen:

Oga, leave me alone now.
Hm

LMAO
Re: . by destiny4luv(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Dear Op, it's wrong na; how can u sleep opposite position with someone in d bed? Forget that person's believe or explanation it is wrong.

Like me that role on bed like a baby when sleeping, I go just match ur face scatter, B4 day break e go be like say u fight world war III for ur sleep Lol... grin.

Guy forget believe on this it's not ideal. Sleep properly okay especially with ur woman, abi u dey fear cuddling for night, how can u cuddle sleeping opposite directions with ur partner? I beg Bros nor dey give another man pikin sleepless night because of minor issues like this which can be easily resolved.

Do the right thing okay. One love bro. Cheers.
Re: . by 1F30M4(f): 12:06am On Nov 30, 2021
Lol @the comments above. Honestly, if my SO were to wake me up so he could sleep facing my toes orrr I probably woke up to that position of his, I'll be legit worried. I may not be totally okay with it even after he may have told me his reasons(like the OP's heightened sensitivity) but it won't be all so strange like before so if I ever find him in that position, I know it's cos of x, y or/& z. Gbege go dey if you no fit tell me wetin mek e be laidat, mek I use worry wounjure maisef?!

Back to the OP, I'm sorry I laughed when I read that your gf was crying profusely over this sleeping position of yours. Didn't you explain your heightened sensitivity part to her? About her saying something about unhappy marriage and childlessness, I really do not know where she got that from esp the childlessness part.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Can Lie For A Living Please What Do I Do? / See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.