Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria (38292 Views)

14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths / Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases In Nigeria Is 30, 3 New Cases In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by ivolt: 6:10am On Nov 29, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Who told you that, or they just reported that even vaccinated people can still be infected by the new strain? Anyone today that gets covid that has not been vaccinated is no news.
Nobody told him.
He believes Covid is a hoax and the vaccine are the real cause of Covid.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by bitingcool: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2021
TMKsouth:
Malawi infects Israel - no South African connection.

Egypt infects Belgium - no South African connection.

Nigeria infects Canada - no South African connection.

This thing's been circulating in unvaccinated parts of Africa because people here can't or don't want to vaccinate.

Anti-vaxers, come see your dirty work o. Soon Nigeria will be banned by half the planet as well.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Bigchristo: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

This thing's been circulating in unvaccinated parts of Africa because people here can't or don't want to vaccinate.

Anti-vaxers, come see your dirty work o. Soon Nigeria will be banned by half the planet as well.

98% Population of Nigerians aren’t vaccinated but they’re not falling ill of the virus so what does that tell you? Coronavirus is like a scam to we Nigerians don’t ever mention it again.

6 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by BABANGBALI: 6:12am On Nov 29, 2021
ikennamadu1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Omo that ban dey pain u shaaa
ban wey I don take go open more monikers and I dey use them as I like
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Are you aware he was scheduled to hold a press conference in 2020 because he knew everything was planned ahead of time. You guys don't understand certain politics

Now, you have gone from 'He warned us against the covid 19 ' TO 'He was supposed to warn us against the covid 19 in 2020, but he died'

You conspiracists always change your story....

4 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 6:12am On Nov 29, 2021
We dey here. Nothing dey happen.
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by ivolt: 6:13am On Nov 29, 2021
ebufa:

They want to implicate all African nations, next step is to impose mandatory vaccines on all African nations failing which they impose permanent travel restrictions............question is what will be in the vaccines sent to Africa? Africa must be as gentle as doves and as wise as serpents!
Did you ask question about what is inside paracetamol or the imported wheat used in
making the bread you eat?
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 6:13am On Nov 29, 2021
Who says we don't have things to export.......... grin
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:14am On Nov 29, 2021
backbencher:

Now, you have gone from 'He warned us against the covid 19 ' TO 'He was supposed to warn us against the covid 19 in 2020, but he died'

He warned that PCR tests is not to be used for ANY virus and was scheduled to speak in 2020. They knew the threat he posed before they took him out. How da hell do you refer to a nobel Laureate as a conspiracy theorists. That dude was respected in the world of science

6 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:15am On Nov 29, 2021
ivolt:

Did you ask question about what is inside paracetamol or the imported wheat used in
making the bread you eat?

Does bread or paracetamol contain luciferase ?

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by malcom1X: 6:15am On Nov 29, 2021
backbencher:

Dogs, cats, cows goats, chickens and other animals all spread covid. Maybe they should be blamed for being unvaccinated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 6:17am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Have you not heard of coalition of doctors against Covid_19 vaccines. Where do folks like you come from jeez

There are lot of pressure groups for and against CoVID19 vaccines ... Bringing a pressure group only against vaccine doesn't cut it...when there are thousands group clamouring for stricter sanctions for antivaxers.

Also, you don't need to sound insulting when having public engagement
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 29, 2021
malcom1X:

June 7, 2021: CDC admits they have no record of any “COV - 2 or 19 virus” purified from any patient sample via maceration, filtration and use of an ultracentrifuge, by anyone, anywhere, ever:

No, the letter states that they do not isolate covid19 virus in the way the letter writer Ms Massey asked.

They have used other methods to isolate the virus. The methods you mention aren't used , that's all.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 6:18am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Your brain was purchased in ladipo market. Why would you believe a test that gives 98% false positives. A test that was used with beer and beer came out Covid_19 positive. A test that showed pawpaw, engine oil, yam etc to be positive with Covid_19. PCR does not give accurate readings. Use your okro head.

There are many types of tests with varying accuracy and I don’t know how many people tested paw and engine oil and it came out positive. It still doesn’t Change the fact covid19 is out there.

If it’s animal flu killing people why didn’t they diagnose and treat it and save people??

Covid19 or animal flu or alien flu there is a virus on the loose and that needs attention not stupid denial or games.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by MARKone(m): 6:19am On Nov 29, 2021
adioolayi:

Stop playing this card of "What will be in the vaccine sent to Africa" ....If westerners intends doing harm to Africa, do you think Vaccination is the only way We are already exposed....so far you have that gadgets called mobile phone in your hands or around you.. anything can be done!

We should address the real issue of illiteracy and Africa's non-challant attitudes towards vaccination

I just tire, Africans always playing the Victim, so ignorant. Same thing the said about HIV, that it is a ploy by the West to reduce the population of Africa.
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by ivolt: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Does bread or paracetamol contain luciferase ?
Did you check if they contain luciferase, why would you trust those people
sending it to you?

BTW, what is luciferase and what makes it special?

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2021
adioolayi:

There are lot of pressure groups for and against CoVID19 vaccines ... Bringing a pressure group only against vaccine doesn't cut it...when there are thousands group clamouring for stricter sanctions for antivaxers

Are you aware of the bigger protests against Covid_19 vaccines. Why is mainstream media not showing it. Canada, United States, Uk especially, Italy, Australia, France, Brazil are all against the vaccines. But they will tell you that people love the vaccines. I was in Canada last year, it wasn't funny. Many people hate the vaccines especially those who have lost people to it.

4 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2021
ivolt:

Did you check if they contain luciferase, why would you trust those people
sending it to you?

BTW, what is luciferase and what makes it special?

Read about luciferase na, use your data

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2021
malcom1X:

Dogs, cats, cows goats, chickens and other animals all spread covid. Maybe they should be blamed for being unvaccinated.

No, maybe we should take precautions ...wear a mask, wash hands, take the vaccine.

Cats and dogs, and cows and goats also spread a wide variety of zoonotic infections. You don't get scared because we have treatments for them. Maybe when we get a treatment for covid that works, then you would stop being frightened.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Yus2020: 6:21am On Nov 29, 2021
They must find way to bring it to Nigeria our leaders are corrupt and wicked this is another way to cash out.Apc and Buhari is very big mistake
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 6:22am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Are you aware of the bigger protests against Covid_19 vaccines. Why is mainstream media not showing it. Canada, United States, Uk especially, Italy, Australia, France, Brazil are all against the vaccines. But they will tell you that people love the vaccines. I was in Canada last year, it wasn't funny. Many people hate the vaccines especially those who have lost people to it.

Can we compare the FOR and the AGAINST pressure groups....which one has more followers and campaigners

Of course, the FOR pressure groups. Those who are for vaccination is more than the antivaxers all over the world
Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by malcom1X: 6:22am On Nov 29, 2021
backbencher:

No, the letter states that they do not isolate covid19 virus in the way the letter writer Ms Massey asked.

They have used other methods to isolate the virus. The methods you mention aren't used , that's all.

I just added a picture

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:23am On Nov 29, 2021
jaxxy:

There are many types of tests with varying accuracy and I don’t know how many people tested paw and engine oil and it came out positive. It still doesn’t Change the fact covid19 is out there.

If it’s animal flu killing people why didn’t they diagnose and treat it and save people??

Covid19 or animal flu or alien flu there is a virus on the loose and that needs attention not stupid denial or games.

Are you living in the same planet with me. Did you not hear about how a man used the test on these items and tricked the lab scientists to test them. He labelled them with human names. They all came back positive before he exposed the tests for not being able to differentiate between humans and non humans. I am done with you. Go ahead and take the vaccines

6 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by middlebelter(m): 6:24am On Nov 29, 2021
GamalNasser:
we should ask why this Omicron is showing up only in vaxxed people so far

Exactly my point! What is going on people? Will Canada allow travellers from Nigeria to enter their country without being vaccinated? How come the people that have been vaccinated are the ones now showing a new variant called Omicron?
Perhaps there's an issue with the vaccine itself? Why am not justifying the careless approach of most African countries, why has there been no proportionate sanctions on China for the spread of the pandemic to the whole world? Thousands of lives have been lost and yet WHO has not recommended both economic and political sanctions?

7 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:25am On Nov 29, 2021
adioolayi:

Can we compare the FOR and the AGAINST pressure groups....which one has more followers and campaigners

Of course, the FOR pressure groups. Those who are for vaccination is more than the antivaxers all over the world

Ehn, ahhhh e be like say you never travel out recently. Go to streets of UK and say you are pro vax and see if those British guys no go do you something. Even the president of France was attacked for this. I came back from Canada 2 months ago. It wasn't funny

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 6:27am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Are you living in the same planet with me. Did you not hear about how a man used the test on these items and tricked the lab scientists to test them. He labelled them with human names. They all came back positive before he exposed the tests for not being able to differentiate between humans and non humans. I am done with you. Go ahead and take the vaccines

So it that man had errors means the whole tests with different other methods are cancelled? And people are dying like fowl?

Guy get sense ooo.

If u don’t have a solution don’t add to the problem. Carry ur conspiracy theories smehere else and entertain them. We need solutions not entertainment. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Truthwords: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2021
jaxxy:

So it that man had errors means the whole tests with different other methods are cancelled? And people are dying like fowl?

Guy get sense ooo.

If u don’t have a solution don’t add to the problem. Carry ur conspiracy theories smehere else and entertain them. We need solutions not entertainment. undecided

If only sense was being sold, i would buy you one. Please take an excess of the vaccines plus 100 booster shots. I need to observe people like you from far. Consider this my last golden reply to you

6 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2021
malcom1X:

I just added a picture

I saw the picture, and answered based on what i read in the letter.

The woman was asking for whether covid is purified by her preferred methods...and was discountenancing the official methods of producing covid because in her opinion, they are flawed.

That's like me asking for evidence of tuberculosis using the thick film method to isolate malaria, instead of the Ziehl Nielsen method...

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 6:31am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Ehn, ahhhh e be like say you never travel out recently. Go to streets of UK and say you are pro vax and see if those British guys no go do you something. Even the president of France was attacked for this. I came back from Canada 2 months ago. It wasn't funny

You are right...I have not travelled out recently..some couple of years now..

But, have you considered the reason why Western world is hoarding CoVID19 vaccine Have you put into perspective why developing Nations and the under the developed Countries are being marginalised in CoVID19 vaccine distribution Do you know there are lot of campaigns ongoing for "CoVID19 vaccine distribution Equity" That to show you demand for CoVID19 vaccine worldwide is huge and the supply cannot meet it...hence , the powerful Nations are hoarding it.

CoVID19 vaccine is safe and effective...Yes, CoVID19 is still being studied and lot of things are expected during the cause of scientific study..till they fully understand this monster.

Let's do our best to keep safe..have a good week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by ivolt: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2021
Truthwords:

Read about luciferase na, use your data
I see that you know nothing about Luciferase but you are terrified because of the English name.

You should run for your life any time you see a firefly because those devilish flies all carry
Luciferase that is quite dangerous.

4 Likes

Re: Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria by saintneo(m): 6:31am On Nov 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

Oga kip kwayet!

In one of the Southern African country, it was reported that omicron was first spotted in vaccinated people, four people to be precise.

You are complaining about anti-vaxxers in Nigeria, but people are paying bribes to get vaccinated. You are lucky to have being vaccinated, don't judge others.

BTW, I've tested positive twice this year; no single symptom. Each time I repeated the test 3-7 days later and it came negative, travel continues. I've visited vaccination centers only to be turned away by the nurses that they are fully booked already. Consequently, I've decided to not get vaccinated, blood of Jesus is my vaccine.

NB: two shots of the vaccine is no longer enough, most developed countries are now going for three shots. On a funny note, some peeps are going for all shots - J&J, astrazenca, etc.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? / Man Dies In Lagos Beach While On Valentine’s Day Love Feast With His Friends / Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.