Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation (18752 Views)

Henry Idahagbon Appointed As A Federal Commissioner / Bala Haruna Dies After Swimming In Gutter Water To Celebrate Buhari Reelection? / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Prince Henry Nwazuruahu In Port Harcourt (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Beey(f): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2021
petitejolie:
Omo....how people die from leg operation beats me. Some people just wake up with leg pains and d next thing is they re gone. How leg naaaa?
DVT. Read more on it.
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Jman06(m): 6:18am On Nov 29, 2021
petitejolie:
Omo....how people die from leg operation beats me. Some people just wake up with leg pains and d next thing is they re gone. How leg naaaa?
I believe it's as a result of too many quackery in the Nigerian healthcare system. There are standard operating procedures in place to guard against careless loss of lives in the system, but some incompetent doctors simply do not follow these procedures. And when deaths result from such malpractices they get swept under the carpet.

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Jman06(m): 6:21am On Nov 29, 2021
Kobicove:

Is there a risk of this happening in a surgical operation done to correct a fracture that did not heal properly?
Of course there's a risk of it happening if the right things are not done.
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by jaxxy(m): 6:21am On Nov 29, 2021
A Leg surgery shouldn’t lead to fatality if I’m not mistaken. Smtn isn’t adding up here.

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by twilliamx(m): 6:24am On Nov 29, 2021
superCleanworks:
This is the 4th time I am coming across such news. Leg treatment leading to death
This must be due to the negligence of the surgeon and his team...

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by efighter: 6:27am On Nov 29, 2021
petitejolie:

Only birds can't die from leg injury. Adiye kii ti Ese Ku.
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by lereinter(m): 6:28am On Nov 29, 2021
Died as a serving apc politician ie died as a tool of destruction

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Trackstar: 6:29am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Na DNKI motto this guy go carry for him poster.
RIP, may you be treated in heaven as you treated others in Nigeria.

What is DNKI
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by HRMK: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2021
that is unfortunate.but tinubu had similar ailment and got healed abroad.only a fool wuld risk his life in bn treated in the country.once u av the money,pls fly abroad!

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by olaryemmy(m): 6:30am On Nov 29, 2021
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Amazondepth(m): 6:37am On Nov 29, 2021
HRMK:
that is unfortunate.but tinubu had similar ailment and got healed abroad.only a fool wuld risk his life in bn treated in the country.once u av the money,pls fly abroad!
But Stella Obasanjo died from surgery related complications abroad na.U all need to cut our Drs some slack.its not yet Uhuru but trust me we still have some of the finest here in Naija

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 29, 2021
qeemus:
I'm sure he had diabetes before the surgery.
Hmmm.. very insightful.
Thanks
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2021
Beey:
Probably caused by deep vein thrombosis. Blood clots are likely to form after surgery due to little or no movement.
Very informative...I like reading comments such as yours. We keep learning.

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 29, 2021
lampi:
The mumu doctor cut the man's arteries and he died of haemorrage
Ouch...I hope not.
But good prognosis, all the same.
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by HRMK: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2021
Amazondepth:
But Stella Obasanjo died from surgery related complications abroad na.U all need to cut our Drs some slack.its not yet Uhuru but trust me we still have some of the finest here in Naija
we talk on legs but u talk on body enhancing case of stella obasanjo.are they same?no time to check time.good day.

2 Likes

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Basic123: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
How leg operation take kii person?
Was it loss of blood the doctors failed to properly address or what? Because button to kill person no dey leg la
Stop displaying your Ignorance
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Jman06(m): 6:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Amazondepth:
For every case of Stella Obasanjo dying from surgery abroad, there are like one hundred cases happening in Nigeria, and to matters worse, these cases get covered up. The stat is too wide!

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by LordReed(m): 6:58am On Nov 29, 2021
Valar Morghulis. Rest in peace.
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by heykims(m): 7:01am On Nov 29, 2021
Kobicove:

What is the probability of this happening in an average leg operation?

Do you have any idea?

Question is what pathology did he have on the leg? What killed might not even be surgical complications but what led to the surgery in the first place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by heykims(m): 7:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Jman06:
For every case of Stella Obasanjo dying from surgery abroad, there are like one hundred cases happening in Nigeria, and to matters worse, these cases get covered up. The stat is too wide!
Ignorance alert!!

2 Likes

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by terryalexmm1(m): 7:06am On Nov 29, 2021
kesonas:
May his gentle soul rest in peace �
who tell you say he gentle ?
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Jman06(m): 7:08am On Nov 29, 2021
heykims:

Ignorance alert!!
Ignorance on your part, I presume?

2 Likes

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by heykims(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Jman06:
Ignorance on your part, I presume?
U know nada about health, so it's better u STFU. Nigerian doctors are skilled and can compete healthily with others in other parts of the world.
Someone died from surgery, and u stated castigating the surgeons without having prior knowledge of the reason for the surgery. What says it wasn't even a cancer, sarcoma in it's advanced stage. Radarada Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by Jman06(m): 7:21am On Nov 29, 2021
heykims:

U know nada about health, so it's better u STFU.
See f00l. I'm better qualified to argue on matters related to health than you.

I repeat, a lot of quackery take place in the Nigerian healthcare system leading to death of many Nigerians. And these issues get covered up. I have witnessed many so I know better!

OK...your update finally exposed how ignorant you are on the subject matter. So, assuming the deceased had a cancer (which was never the case), the next best thing to do was for your incompetent "surgeon" to get him killed on the surgical table Can you listen to yourself

Bringing up a few successful medical/surgical cases does not erase the so many professional negligence and outright quackery that have sent many Nigerians to their early graves!

2 Likes

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by funshint(m): 7:32am On Nov 29, 2021
Any death resulting from operation must be investigated...the doctors must have made mistake somewhere! Wasn't the doctor aware that the surgery can pose a big risk to the life of the patient? And some people here are defending this. The surgical team must face panel! angry

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by chindoone(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2021
Hon is Fat and breaths hard
Uncleodi:
Probably fat embolism or anaesthetic complication which can happen anywhere in the world.

I commiserate with the people and government of Plateau State
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by heykims(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2021
Jman06:
See f00l. I'm better qualified to argue on matters related to health than you.

I repeat, a lot of quackery take place in the Nigerian healthcare system leading to death of many Nigerians. And these issues get covered up. I have witnessed many so I know better!
A lot happens everywhere in the world and might not really mean quackery though this is not to absolve some of wrong doings. However Nigerians always jump into conclusions when things don't go their ways in hospitals. Doctors ain't Gods but Nigerians always expect miracles to happen in hospitals when govt don't give a fukk about providing necessary facilities. Virtually all the accusations I've seen levelled against doctors on TV or read online all have punch holes but the ignorant public would just want to hold the doctors by the jugular.
Moreso, Channel ur complaints against any doctor to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria for proper investigations if u feel u have been treated badly.

1 Like

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by frog12: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2021
me too dey wonder

superCleanworks:
This is the 4th time I am coming across such news. Leg treatment leading to death
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by authority2006(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2021
You guys don't know how serious it was before the operation.
Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by heykims(m): 7:41am On Nov 29, 2021
funshint:
Any death resulting from operation must be investigated...the doctors must have made mistake somewhere! Wasn't the doctor aware that the surgery can pose a big risk to the life of the patient? And some people here are defending this. The surgical team must face panel! angry
Damn what the hell is this? I'm tired of Nigerians. U don't know anything about the case and u are already levelling accusations on the doctor.
Even family of the bereaved have not been reported to blame any doctor but someone who knows nada about the case is throwing tantrums. Wise up guys.

2 Likes

Re: Henry Longs Dies After Leg Operation by joyandfaith: 7:42am On Nov 29, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly Overrides Fubara, Enacts New Law During Emergency Sitting / Poll Shift: Averting The Looming Darkness------------punch Editorial / Femi Adesina: "Previous Governments Initiated Most Of The Things We Are Doing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.