Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,484 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

#endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo (901 Views)

Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel / Lagos #EndSARS Panel Awards N10m To Kolade Johnson’s Family / 'Switch Off Your Phones' - Lagos #EndSARS Panel's Rule Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by dejirule: 2:22am On Nov 29, 2021
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Festus Keyamo, has faulted the judicial panel of inquiry set up to investigate cases of police brutality and SARS-related abuses across the country.

Responding to a question about the position of the government specifically regarding a leaked report by the Lagos judicial panel, the human rights lawyer described the panel as illegal.

“I will not answer this question as a sitting minister,” he said on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics. “I will answer this question as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and so, I am entitled to my own opinion. This is not the Federal Government’s position.

“For me, that panel was an illegal panel”.

His comments come days after the leaked report by the panel indicted the operatives of the Nigerian Army and Police, saying they indeed shot at unarmed protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2peuwcpjvs
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Dreadshy: 3:54am On Nov 29, 2021
Thats your opinion!!
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Maxymilliano(m): 4:16am On Nov 29, 2021
Nigeria is never ready to move forward… not even stagnating. Constantly retrogressing in vital areas!! Now the panel has become illegal because the outcome doesn’t Favour the government. Hmmm ...

1 Like

Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by gambia(m): 4:18am On Nov 29, 2021
This mad man again.
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Kingpin1000: 4:47am On Nov 29, 2021
People people will still vote APC come 2023.
If you help anybody that voted for APC it means you don't have sense, people who voted for bad governance and are still ready to vote them again in 2023, do not deserve help.
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Cantonese: 5:35am On Nov 29, 2021
One still wonders why greed for political position and power have made Mr. Keyamo turn out this way.

How has the panel become illegal? Was it not properly constituted? Is Lagos not an APC controlled state just like the Federal government? Is it because the report exposed the role of the FG, controlled by APC? Even the government of Lagos, was not happy about the report. Is it because the panel was not made up of politicians?

We have never been so lied to and deceived in our entire years as a nation by any of the governments in power as this particular one. Why would the government never admit errors, simple apologize, make amendments and move forward?

Next year Nigerians will begin to experience a new phase in poverty when subsidy on fuel is finally removed. These same leaders protested against it many years ago, when it would have been easier to implement. Nigerians would have made the necessary emotional, physical and financial amendments long ago. But after taking us through the tortuous journey of lies and failed promises, the have chosen to take the path of fuel subsidy.

Painfully some very gullible and bewitched Nigerians still think that APC has the knowledge of how to move us forward. Hopefully their eyes get opened quickly and we can all do the needful with our voters cards in 2023.
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by inoki247: 5:45am On Nov 29, 2021
lol is illegal now...

Assuming you no dey diz Govt and dey call u to come and represent the youth as the Legal personel of the panel I'm sure na ur noise go plenty pass...

I jus pray you people yearning all diz rubbish I pray doz injustice gets to you people also and let's see how you people will react...

Make one police or Army shoot one of you or your family for Leg mak dem no kill u oh dat only is enough....
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Godons1: 5:50am On Nov 29, 2021
dejirule:
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Festus Keyamo, has faulted the judicial panel of inquiry set up to investigate cases of police brutality and SARS-related abuses across the country.

Responding to a question about the position of the government specifically regarding a leaked report by the Lagos judicial panel, the human rights lawyer described the panel as illegal.

“I will not answer this question as a sitting minister,” he said on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics. “I will answer this question as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and so, I am entitled to my own opinion. This is not the Federal Government’s position.

“For me, that panel was an illegal panel”.

His comments come days after the leaked report by the panel indicted the operatives of the Nigerian Army and Police, saying they indeed shot at unarmed protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2peuwcpjvs

God bless Keyamo. He knows his Onions.

1 Like

Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by SmartPolician: 6:17am On Nov 29, 2021
Festus Keyamo is not just a government official. Instead, he's a celebrity lawyer, a senior advocate of Nigeria, a one-time EFCC lawyer and human rights activist. If anyone wants to interview him, the interviewer needs to understand Nigeria's law so well.

I watched that interview and was disappointed how Seun Okin would let him get away with his controversial answers, probably because he doesn't know how to counter them. Given his detailed explanation, he's right about the panel being illegal.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Racoon(m): 6:27am On Nov 29, 2021
Chai! Former activist & human right fighter.All these charade just to justify the continual human rights abuses & oppression of the people by the government & other instruments of state oppression?
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Vinstel: 7:22am On Nov 29, 2021
Keyamo is fast turning into a Lai Mohammed right before our eyes. Power truly corrupts
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by lonecatt(m): 7:24am On Nov 29, 2021
The killings ,the exposure,the barbaric attitudes of Nigeria military have definitely been shown to the world.

All this damage control by sycophants and fake human rights activists such as festus keyamo and lying Mohammed is of no relevance. Shame to una
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by FreeStuffsNG: 7:28am On Nov 29, 2021
gambia:

This mad man again.
Is it that most of you struggle to understand that people have a right to disagree with your opinion?

He called the panel illegal, to help us to understand, it will be nice to read his views and disagree intelligently without expletives.

Online interaction is one great way to improve your communication skills because same rule is applied in real life.

Argue as if you are right and listen attentively as if you are wrong. If I were you, I will love to know why he called the panel illegal first even though I am not sure if I agree with him.

I believe we have moved beyond the legality of the panel, it's more of the substance now; that the panel is truthful and ensures that justice is done and seen to be done in a transparent and honest manner. Inserting falsehoods in the Lekkilies EndSars report is a no no for me. It's completely unacceptable that a report declared the living as dead and recommended that my tax be paid to fictitious names ,so whoever inserted falsehoods into the report must be investigated and prosecuted for lying on oath.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2021
The federal government asked States to setup the panel in the first place, Keyamo has tuned himself to human rice activist, not human rights ...
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by omowolewa: 8:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Executive recklessness and arrogance.

Every man has a price tag on his conscience. This one is sold out
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by ogaemma: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2021
Keyamo have proven the theory to be 100% correct that human being can change at any time.
Idris was right, he is now eating and sharing with them.
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Richy4(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2021
I'm glad he said it was his opinion... which does not count..

Opinion is like an A$$hole, everyone got one smiley..
Re: #endsars Panel Was Illegal – Keyamo by Tetrahedron: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2021
Idiot

(1) (Reply)

No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss / Tinubu Hands Shaking During His Speech / So This Is Tinubu's Hometown In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.