Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss (906 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Invade Schools In Ogbaru, Anambra Over Biafra Day / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next / No Missing N23bn In SDGs Office- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Emergingnation3(m): 7:36am On Apr 26, 2022
No missing herdsmen, cows in Ogbaru, says Anambra council boss

The Chairman of Ogbaru Local Government Area (LGA) of Anambra, Mr Arinzechukwu Awogu, has said that no herdsman was kidnapped nor cows rustled in the area.

Awogu stated this in a statement issued in Awka and made available to newsmen on Monday.

He described as misleading, a report credited to the Southeast Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), Alhaji Gidado Siddiki, that 10 herdsmen were kidnapped and 300 cows rustled.

He explained that there was a misunderstanding between farmers in Okija, in Ihiala LGA, and the herdsmen, which made the herders flee the area to safety.

Awogu stated that herders, who abandoned their cows to take refuge, later returned to recover them when calm returned to the area.

He added that he was personally involved in restoring normalcy in the area, in conjunction with the leadership of MACBAN.

He, therefore, wondered why a case of kidnap and rustling would be reported in the media.

Narrating what happened, he stated that some unidentified persons from Okija Community had issues with some herdsmen but this had nothing to do with Ogbaru LGA.

“It later spilt to Obene farm settlement on the Ogbaru side of the boundary, which made both farmers and herders in the farm settlement scamper to safety.

“I spoke with the chairman of MACBAN, with one Musa and a number of others, and I was physically present to help locate those that ran for safety.

“And as at 11.30 pm on Saturday, all the cows had rejoined with their herders.

“So, which 300 cows went missing?

“We should be patriotic Nigerians and stop creating tension when none exists.

“I think we owe a duty to our country to always project the truth and not sensationalise sensitive issues,” Awogu stated.

He regretted the embarrassment the “unverified” media report had caused the state, along with the unnecessary tension it created.

Meanwhile, the Police Command in the state confirmed that it found the herders and their cows in the bush.

The command’s Spokesman, DSP Toochukwu Ikenga, said the herders were unhurt and “not in any harm’s way”.

He said: “On April 24, some of the alleged victims of abduction were seen in the bush unharmed, while one of the supposed abductees is still missing.

“The joint operatives also discovered some of the livestock in the bush.

“Efforts are being intensified to locate the missing herdsman and more livestock,” Ikenga said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/no-missing-herdsmen-cows-in-ogbaru-says-anambra-council-boss/

1 Like

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Tony4988(m): 7:39am On Apr 26, 2022
Let us just hope for the best outcome. People will give out controversial reports to cause tension and chaos in the community but God passes them all. I hope that the security agents intensify their search and peacekeeping to return normalcy to the affected areas. angry
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

Kindly check my signature for your Assignments, projects, Advertisements, Content research, etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by jlinkd78(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2022
We know

1 Like

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by yesloaded: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2022
Smh

Why are some people hell bent on heating up the polity?

Why reported the case as kidnapping when theres actually no case of kidnapping

4 Likes

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by IamWonderful: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2022
Of course the husband of Dora Akunyili was not killed also
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Emergingnation3(m): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2022
The fulani Jihadist government always keep unity beggars and Afonja Muslims busy with cheap propaganda..

8 Likes

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 26, 2022
We know the truth but haters won't believe so no need of me stressing my self to make them believe coz they won't believe even if I show them a video they won't because they're zombies they move on order

5 Likes

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 26, 2022
When I saw the news I knew it was a lie. Who can successfully kidnap 300 goats talk more of cows.

Nigerians no get sense at all.

4 Likes

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by VoltageDivida(m): 8:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Okay
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by habsydiamond(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2022
Wetin una dey gain from all this kind thing oo

1 Like

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by SIMONEKPA7: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2022
Guys be ready for 3days lock down of the East. The sun must rise
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 9:13am On Apr 26, 2022
IamWonderful:
Of course the husband of Dora Akunyili was not killed also
Shut up you wicked soul! You are in sifia pains over this rebuttal because there will be no blood for you to drink.
Be careful what you wish others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
Guys be ready for 3days lock down of the East. The sun must rise
Which part of the East? Ijebu east I guess.

2 Likes

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by realstars: 9:23am On Apr 26, 2022
We have somany Audio news from figment of imagination.

1 Like

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by SIMONEKPA7: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
Which part of the East? Ijebu east I guess.
South East. Biafra
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by successmatters(m): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2022
We have always known it was fake news.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by VictorUSA(m): 9:58am On Apr 26, 2022
The igbo people should ride on.Kidnap them and deny it.By so doing, they will learn the hard way.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Beremx(f): 10:01am On Apr 26, 2022
How can 300 cows be rustled? Even in the north, such number of cows have never been rustled.
Miyetti Allah should stop raising false alarm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 10:01am On Apr 26, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:

South East. Biafra
In your dying dream.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
The igbo people should ride on.Kidnap them and deny it.By so doing, they will learn the hard way.
Oh puleeeeese!!
Come off it.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by VictorUSA(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
Oh puleeeeese!! Come off it.
ChoCho how far?
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by CaptainAyub: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2022
Thanksful:
When I saw the news I knew it was a lie. Who can successfully kidnap 300 goats talk more of cows.

Nigerians no get sense at all.
The zoo police is the most dangerous of all.
Why claim they recovered missing cows and kidnapped herdsmen when nothing like that happened?
Me I already knew d news was fake cos if you know Anambra and its terrain, you'll know its not easy to rustle even 50 cows successfully.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ladensmith(m): 10:15am On Apr 26, 2022
Nawa ooh
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 10:17am On Apr 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
ChoCho how far?
I dey.

And how are you faring with your pathological hatred for the opposite sex?
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by CaptainAyub: 10:17am On Apr 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
Victor Ogbomosho, come and teach us the hard way.
Aturu
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by VictorUSA(m): 10:20am On Apr 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
I dey.

And how are you faring with your pathological hatred for the opposite sex?
Abeg o I no hate woman at all at all.Na cruise I dey try catch small small.What women did for/to me, nature will not 4giv me if I hate them.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2022
CaptainAyub:

The zoo police is the most dangerous of all.
Why claim they recovered missing cows and kidnapped herdsmen when nothing like that happened?
Me I already knew d news was fake cos if you know Anambra and its terrain, you'll know its not easy to rustle even 50 cows successfully.
These people think we are all zombies.
How many rounds of ammunition did they expend rescuing 300 cows and 10 kidnapped victims.

However they want it, they will get it.
Maybe it will quicken the dissolution of the sick marriage.

2 Likes

Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by VictorUSA(m): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Victor Ogbomosho, come and teach us the hard way. Aturu
Another fulani terrorist spotted.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
Abeg o I no hate woman at all at all.Na cruise I dey try catch small small.What women did for/to me, nature will not 4giv me if I hate them.
No. I refuse to believe that. You have made numerous cases on NL, explaining and justifying your hate for women.

You sounded so sure to a point I felt you were either jilted or never been loved back, but you refuted same vehemently.

Out of pure concern for your wellbeing (because I couldn't wrap my head around why someone would be seriously anti women because of a few experiences), I suggested you could love same sex and you vehemently opposed. My own was provided you were in love, I couldn't care less if you loved Steve.

How can you now be telling NLers that it was just cruise? You will need more than that to convince me.
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by VictorUSA(m): 10:36am On Apr 26, 2022
ChoCho54 I just love you.Just love your intelligence.I sounded that way to show how serious I was but never hated girls that way.I've met married women who were willing to sacrifice for me,I love them,but I hate that attitude of cheating.So are you now convinced?
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by ChoCho54(f): 10:41am On Apr 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
ChoCho54 I just love you.Just love your intelligence.I sounded that way to show how serious I was but never hated girls that way.I've met married women who were willing to sacrifice for me,I love them,but I hate that attitude of cheating.So are you now convinced?
Hmmmm... time shall tell.
But remember that there could be something hidden under a crossed finger. wink
Re: No Missing Herdsmen, Cows In Ogbaru, Says Anambra Council Boss by Tochj(m): 10:46am On Apr 26, 2022
This evil propaganda is well planned by fulani terrorist in union with the ruling cabal.
Imagine the police saying that they rescued the cattle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu, Just Like Obi Cubana, Was Paid In His Own Coin / Tinubu Hands Shaking During His Speech / 2023: Tinubu, Shettima Ticket Excellent, They Are Moderate Muslims – Osita O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.