Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA (3529 Views)

FFK: Abiola, Abacha Were Killed By CIA. Babangida & Obasanjo Knew About The Plan / Nigeria’s Population Explosion Is Frightening - Buhari / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Rexwalters1: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2021
franchasng:
As usual, when you guys hear secession, you start to think about your stomach, poverty is not good sha.

Ojukwu you mentioned that led Biafra to secede from Nigeria was the first son of Africa's richest man who gave Queen Elizabeth the Rolls Royce she used during her first official visit to Nigeria before independence.

He was also a Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria, so he was never lacking financially.

Majority of my family are dual citizens of great nations that if your Nigeria decides to burn to ashes tomorrow, we will still be living large. By the grace of God, at my young age, what I have built for my son and others that may come have already secured them a quality future with less effort from them.

If I advocate for Nigeria to divide, it has nothing to do with economy or finance because by the special grace and mercy of God, we are settled financially beyond your imagination. I know people like you believe the only successful people in Nigeria are those in political office positions looting public fund and those that post luxury pictures on social media in the name of being celebrities, lol, if only you understand lol

So I don't care what you think about Nigeria dividing. You are only bragiing as a typical selfish black man filled with tribal bigotry without empathy for others. You are not God. You can never be quarter as wise as whitemen that never believed a black man would rule their countries someday but it happened in USA the most powerful nation on earth to their amazement.

If God have put a date that Nigeria will divide, you or anybody have no say on that, you can only brag, chest beat and make noise as a typical wicked, selfish black man you are.

Many people including El Rufai, Tinubu, etc said Buhari is a religious fanatics that will never rule Nigeria again but when the time came, they had no option but to even help make him President. That's how destiny, time and life works.

Time will humble people like you.

And please stop being scared of poverty when you hear about Nigeria dividing, you can still be a billionaire or even the richest man in the world even in your Arewa or Oodua nation, just try and learn to be empathetic and humane in your doings in life if you want life to treat you kindly.

Peace

Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by paramakina202: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Abdul05:
Yoruba always rank second after the hausa not bad grin grin grin

So,

Power should be shared between both, grin yesooo

Hausa never ruled Nigeria even with their massive population rather a tiny Fulani minority is ruling over them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by franchasng: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=Rexwalters1 post=108053312][/quote]if you understand how life works, you will never post these disheartening pictures as a way of mocking Igbos.

Go and ask Middlebelt people that spearheaded the 1966 pogrom against Igbos living peacefully in their communities what they are facing today with their once cherished Fulani ally.

Life have a way of humbling arrogant people who feel they are standing on a steel that can never fall. Be careful bro. I am advicing you as a brother, be careful, life is deep, life is mysterious. You can only brag about this minute, next minute can humble you and bring you to your kneels, that's if you are lucky to live to tell it. Be careful, don't joke with things like this. You can ask any wise elder you know too, be careful in life.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by paramakina202: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Ok you speak English, are you British? Some indigenous people of Kogi speak Yoruba, are they Yorubas?

People whose mother tongue is Igbo language is what?
As for English language you knew how it came about.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Abdul05: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2021
paramakina202:

Hausa never ruled Nigeria even with their massive population rather a tiny Fulani minority is ruling over them.
just imagine that .thanks bro
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by paramakina202: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2021
Abdul05:
just imagine that .thanks bro

Its pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Guide777(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2021
PandoraObi:
You are trying to soothe your narration of lies and deception, Jesus Christ is never divided, is either you are Christ or you are following the devil through pope of worshipping idols
OK sir, wake me up when you have made a decision to become more rational.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by JaroMan: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2021
SirBlack999:
According to the information released by the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States of America, Nigeria's population is estimated to be around 219 million.

Also estimated is the percentage of some ethnic nationalities in Nigeria. Also noted is the Tivs being the fifth largest ethnic nationalities, coming after the Fulanis, who are fourth on the chart with a population percentage of 6. What do you think?

https:///PrO6GhrpnB?amp=1
Lalasticlala
Is Catholic not Christian? I suspected this in during GEJ era. The way my then boss, who is a grand knight in Catholic talk about CAN and GEJ. I would be wondering: are these guys truly Christians?
Even up till now, I'm still confused
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Gireiboy(m): 10:58am On Nov 29, 2021
franchasng:
Go and read the civil war history books written by foreigners not by Nigerians. Read the account of the war from British War historians and French historians.

Ojukwu did not start any war, stop following the bandwagon.

Let me give you a short explanation of what happened between 1966 to 1969 because my family played a key role then as part of the elites then.

Nzeogwu and other soldiers mostly of Igbo origin carried out a coup to stop the Western Nigeria political crises between Awolowo and Akintola. Those soldiers were pro Awolowo and wanted to remove Zik-Belewa government to release Awolowo from prison and install him as President. Unfortunately during the coup execution, the Igbo soldiers drafted to execute the coup in Eastern Nigeria allowed tribal pity to derail them by sparing the lives of Michael Opara, Nwafor Orizu the then Senate President, etc.

Whereas the soldiers that executed the coups in Northern Nigeria, Western Nigeria and Midwestern Nigeria did theirs perfectly and killed all the key political office holders in the regions they handled.

When this coup failed, all thanks to Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi, Ojukwu and others Nigerian officers who never bought into Nzeogwu's strict military life, Northern Nigeria and Western Nigeria turned around to tag it an Igbo coup and of course you won't blame them because no key Igbo politician was killed unlike other tribes.

Ironsi was the Chief of Army Staff and highest in Army command so he took charge of the government and made some silly mistakes again according to some of my family members who were among the players then.

Ironsi jailed Nzeogwu and Co instead of executing them, he allowed tribal pity to also becloud his sense of judgment and he paid for those mistakes with his life.

So Northerners started planning a counter coup against Ironsi. Ironsi got to know about it, ojuwku, even Gowon indirectly informed him but he waved it aside that he will handle the situation through a national reconciliation tour around Nigeria, unfortunately he got killed in Western Nigeria (Ibadan) in a bloody counter coup. Gowon was picked to replace him.

Immediately Ironsi was killed and removed from power, Northerners saw it as a sweet revenge against Igbos and started a killing campaign against Igbo civilians living in the North. Ojukwu who was the Governor of Eastern region called upon Gowon the Head of state to please control the killing of Igbos in North, Gowon stayed neutral and the killings continued and became a genocide against Igbos in the North while the federal government refused to stop it.

Igbos cried to Ojukwu the Eastern Governor to do something. Ojukwu summoned a meeting of all stakeholders in Eastern Nigeria then at Nsukka, this included people from today Imo, ABIA, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, AkwaIbom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, etc and they unanonymously agreed that since federal government of Nigeria cannot protect the people of the Eastern Nigeria, that it is better they secede and protect their people.

That was how Ojukwu declared Eastern Nigeria an independent nation known as Biafra.

Northern Nigeria political elites accepted it initially, but Britain pressured them not to and promised to support them fully to bring back Eastern Nigeria back to Nigeria. Britain made this decision because crude oil was recently discovered at Olobiri Bayelsa.

That was when Gowon declared a Police action to return Eastern Nigeria aka Biafra back to Nigeria through a military invasion he nicknamed Police Action.

There were dialogues in Ghana to find peaceful solution to avoid civil war, Ojukwu suggested a completely restructured Nigeria to enable Nigeria function as completely independent regions. Gowon accepts this in Aburi Ghana but on return, Northern elites who have met with British authorities rejected it and then Gowon sent troops into Biafra region and that was how the war started.

Ojukwu did not declare war against Nigeria. He only declared Eastern Nigeria an independent nation due to pressure from the northern pogrom. You can also Google more about the events to learn the truth.

Then, why were Igbo's living in the north mocking northerners about the gruesome murder of Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa? I also have family members that witness it first-hand, the mock us even military barracks (that is the reason why northerners till these day,are not convinced that it is not an Igbo coup).
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by gotnel: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2021
These figures are merely an estimate from CIA.
There was no time they conducted any census to ascertain the facts of the figures
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by ActuaRise696969: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2021
Abdul05:
Yoruba always rank second after the hausa not bad grin grin grin

So,

Power should be shared between both, grin yesooo

Igbos and Yoruba have same 15%, surprisingly Fulani 6%
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by jagorinho: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Igbos and Yoruba have same 15%, surprisingly Fulani 6%
15.5 and 15.2 are never the same.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by iamuyiekpen(m): 11:43am On Nov 29, 2021
Where are those ijaw vagabonds like Ebi, greapass, ditaridisciple & co who said they’re the 3rd largest group in Nigeria? You see why I said you guys don’t have sense.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Oksman(m): 11:49am On Nov 29, 2021
PandoraObi:
Are you not Igbo, So who are those that are called Christian? where are the Kanu and Igbo Jews grouped, where is traditional religion grouped?

You lack content. What did I post that portray my post as being igbo? Your level of comprehension is amazing hence you find it difficult to understand a simple report. I am sorry to have engaged a dense fellow like you in a topic that requires an analytical mind.
Olodo!
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by PandoraObi: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2021
Oksman:

You lack content. What did I post that portray my post as being igbo? Your level of comprehension is amazing hence you find it difficult to understand a simple report. I am sorry to have engaged a dense fellow like you in a topic that requires an analytical mind.
Olodo!

Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
I once told someone that Christianity is quite different from Roman Catholicism, he said I was saying rubbish
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by ifiokjohn(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lol so Ibibio is even higher in population than the ijaws where no want let us rest...hahahahahaha
I dey laugh!!
All this ijaws say una don see evidence ba
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Awkabigboy: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Aufbauh:
Humongous population with scarce resources & opportunities.
Meanwhile Hausa population is overblown probably because most Northern minorities speak the Hausa language.
Exactly
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Awkabigboy: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
PandoraObi:
So it confirm Catholics is different from christianity
They're the number 1 Christians thats why they were giving that specific privilege while the rest were classified as other Christians cool
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by Awkabigboy: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
Starcrest1:
Hausa is the equivalent of Igbo and Yoruba combined yet I have met more fulani people than Hausa.

Question is where are the 30% Hausa people or they are just 30% on paper?
The minority tribes in the north are the Hausas they mean
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by ActuaRise696969: 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
jagorinho:

15.5 and 15.2 are never the same.

Your sense of maths is decimal
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by jagorinho: 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Your sense of maths is decimal
I can't expect more from a flattened skull.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by ActuaRise696969: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
jagorinho:

I can't expect more from a flattened skull.

You obviously misunderstood the meaning of decimal. It means that you are not clever when it comes to logical reasoning about whole numbers.

Igbos and Yorubas make up 15% each according to CIA. Even with plural marriages in SW, the Yoruba tribe is about to Chun out just 15% just like the Igbos with singular marriages.

By the way, my head is not flat, it looks larger than most, I am not Yoruba and certainly not Igbo, my tribe doesn't matter, just facts from CIA. You of course are intelligent enough for the level of life you live

You should be excited that you had an opportunity to chat with me, snap this chat and keep it as NFT, it could sponsor your next big idea.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by jagorinho: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

You obviously misunderstood the meaning of decimal. It means that you are not clever when it comes to logical reasoning about whole numbers.

Igbos and Yorubas make up 15% each according to CIA. Even with plural marriages in SW, the Yoruba tribe is about to Chun out just 15% just like the Igbos with singular marriages.

By the way, my head is not flat, it looks larger than most, I am not Yoruba and certainly not Igbo, my tribe doesn't matter, just facts from CIA. You of course are intelligent enough for the level of life you live

You should be excited that you had an opportunity to chat with me, snap this chat and keep it as NFT, it could sponsor your next big idea.
A flat head denying his heritage just to prove a futile point!! let us do some basic mathematics here, let us assume Nigeria's population is 200 million, 15.2℅ gives 30.4 million while 15.5 gives exactly 31 million. In simple terms, Yoruba has a population advantage of over 600000 over the Igbos, that is more than some countries population.

you see that your flat head has many demerits, better go back to your shop and start selling back your okrika clothes instead of forming one stupid fake big man over the cyberspace...... Empty vessel.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by ActuaRise696969: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
jagorinho:

A flat head denying his heritage just to prove a futile point!! let us do some basic mathematics here, let us assume Nigeria's population is 200 million, 15.2℅ gives 30.4 million while 15.5 gives exactly 31 million. In simple terms, Yoruba has a population advantage of over 600000 over the Igbos, that is more than some countries population.

you see that your flat head has many demerits, better go back to your shop and start selling back your okrika clothes instead of forming one stupid fake big man over the cyberspace...... Empty vessel.

I believe most African parents are failures because they brought kids into the world in ignorance of the fact that spirits had to decide to play in a virtual universe and return thereafter to narrate the story of their little life experiences on Earth.

So idiots like you are products of ignorant parents who never taught you that tribes are basically Cosmic mutation in a neural network programming language.

My parents were not birthed into the yorubas and not Igbos speaking neural network of the humanoid species so I guess I was luckier cos those two tribes think they are not humans but are extensions of their programming language.

The tribe I choose for my experience are not timid. My earthly ancestors do not live on dictates of foreign religions brb

Back.... So therefore, I think you are silly. And need to understand that Igbos and Yoruba indigines make up 15% of the population and these two tribes have always been controlled by the 6%. NOT excluding the Hausas who make up I think 30%.

Thats to show you that this tribalism is what is your own down fall.

Look around you... Don't you look like a failure?
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by jagorinho: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

I believe most African parents are failures because they brought kids into the world in ignorance of the fact that spirits had to decide to play in a virtual universe and return thereafter to narrate the story of their little life experiences on Earth.

So idiots like you are products of ignorant parents who never taught you that tribes are basically Cosmic mutation in a neural network programming language.

My parents were not birthed into the yorubas and not Igbos speaking neural network of the humanoid species so I guess I was luckier cos those two tribes think they are not humans but are extensions of their programming language.

The tribe I choose for my experience are not timid. My earthly ancestors do not live on dictates of foreign religions brb

Back.... So therefore, I think you are silly. And need to understand that Igbos and Yoruba indigines make up 15% of the population and these two tribes have always been controlled by the 6%. NOT excluding the Hausas who make up I think 30%.

Thats to show you that this tribalism is what is your own down fall.

Look around you... Don't you look like a failure?
you have said absolutely nothing!! just agree that your maths teacher was a scammer or your brain has inadequate nutrients for basic mathematics, when the difference between 15.2 ℅ and 15.5℅ gives 600k, then they are not the same 15℅.....by the way, your next response should be viable or else I won't indulge you again, seems your stupidity can be transferred electro magnetically.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by dasparrow: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
219 Million? Lord have mercy.
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by vikyno(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
I never participated in any Population Census conducted by CIA. Maybe i was not in the country then. Nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Population Estimate According To The CIA by franchasng: 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Gireiboy:

Then, why were Igbo's living in the north mocking northerners about the gruesome murder of Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa? I also have family members that witness it first-hand, the mock us even military barracks (that is the reason why northerners till these day,are not convinced that it is not an Igbo coup).
I learnt that too, but it was not a communal thing but done by few Igbos living in Kaduna who saw Sauduna as anti Christian.

You are right some Igbos used the coup then to make jokes. Igbos definitely made some costly mistakes during that era, but that shouldn't warrant a pogrom, if not that many Nigerian tribes were already envious of Igbos who dominated most sectors in Nigeria to the envy of other tribes. That envy agravated the whole situation, so they used the counter coup as an opportunity to bring down the Igbo dominance after Independence.

A British historian captured this so well in one of his books about the pogrom and the civil war.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election results so far! / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - / Tinubu Appointments: @Waspapping Rantings On Twitter, Twitter Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.