Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - (3499 Views)

OYC: Buhari On A Jamboree Visit To Uzodinma, Count Ndigbo Out / Aerial Pictures Of Akure Explosion / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Arrest Of Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by searchng4love: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2023
Akure the capital of Ondo State, has remained grounded since Tuesday following a clash between Igbo indigenes and Akure youths.

The Akure youths accused the Igbos of disrespecting their monarch, the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladelusi Aladetoyinbo.

This followed the alleged refusal of the Igbos to obey the instruction giving by the monarch.
DAILY POST gathered that the youths were furious over the manner the Eze-Ndigbo of Akure, sir, Gregory Iloehike allegedly addressed the Deji in his palace, when he (Iloehike) was invited.

A palace source disclosed that trouble started between the Deji and Igbo residents, following the installation of an Igbo man as the chairman of one of the markets in Akure by the Eze-Ndigbo.

Oba Aladetoyinbo was said to have been angry, having felt that it was a taboo for an Igbo man to rule over a market in Akure.

It was gathered that the Akure monarch immediately summoned Iloehike but that to his surprise, the Eze-Ndigbo wore his crown to the Deji’s palace, an action said to be against the tradition of Akure.
Irked by his attitude and responses to allegations leveled against him, the Chiefs and some youths who were in the palace ordered him to remove his crown.

Deji of Akure was said to have suspended him from parading himself as Eze-Ndigbo.

This development sent a wrong signal to the Igbo residents, who mobilized themselves to the palace, ordering the Deji to reverse his earlier statement on Iloehike.

But they were unlucky as Akure youths flogged them out of the palace.

Since the incident occurred on Tuesday, the Igbos, who dominate the Oba-Adesida road have refused to open for business.

Rather, on Wednesday morning, they converged on their secretariat located at Gbogi Street, Akure as early as 7.00am and warned the Akure monarch against his plan to dethrone the Eze Ndigbo.

They insisted that the traditional ruler had no power to dethrone Iloehike.

The embattled Eze Ndigbo explained that he had not been rude to the Deji of Akure since he ascended the throne about six months ago, adding that he contributed immensely to the installation of the monarch.

According to him “the Deji called me around 8.48pm last sunday inviting me to his palace and I honoured his invitation on monday morning. I went with one of my Chiefs, but when I got to the palace, I saw youths numbering over 200 who started shouting as I entered. I suspected that the youths were mobilized by the monarch and I showed respect to the Deji by prostrating for him.

“The monarch while addressing me at his palace threatened to drive all the Igbos in Akure out of the city and when I asked for the offence my people committed, the youths at the palace descended on me. They tore my beads and removed my crown. They attempted to beat me but the Police officers at the Palace rescued me.”

The Eze Ndigbo said the invitation by the monarch was the first he would receive from him since the monarch ascended the throne, pointing out that Igbos had been living harmoniously in Akure for over 70 years without friction with the natives.

The spokesman for the Deji-in-Council who is the Asamo of Akureland, High Chief Olusanya was not in his palace for comments.

He also could not pick calls made to him by our correspondent.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/14/business-activities-paralyzed-as-akure-youths-clash-with-igbo-traders/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by searchng4love: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2023
No wonder Ondo State elections have remained peaceful

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by SmartPolician: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2023
Stop boring us with stale news.

Move on because the elections are over.

It's time to live with the consequences of voting for thieves.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by searchng4love: 10:48am On Mar 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
Stop boring us with stale news.

Move on because the elections are over.

It's time to live with the consequences of voting for thieves.
Beg clearly

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Oloruntobi4382(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2023
Iyaola is a Yoruba concept and should be in all market places in Yorubaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Urbanchampion: 10:53am On Mar 21, 2023
Beat the hell out of the miscreants and gala sellers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by YeyeGbami: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2023
Ghen ghen.

My only problem in life is that i hate to develop my village, i love developing other peoples village.

3 Likes

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by JAMO84: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2023
Ndi drug pushers (Not all Igbo)

Dem wan turn Akure to no man's land

Akure no be Lagos o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2023
Allardyce:
Mynd44, OAM4J Justwise, inciting posts like this should not be allowed to spend more than an hour.

Take it down
See this tribal bigotry patron disguising. I wish this is true from your evil heart. Desist from your evil ways
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by backtovillage: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2023
grin
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Ceenachi: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2023
JAMO84:
Ndi drug pushers (Not all Igbo)

Dem wan turn Akure to no man's land

Akure no be Lagos o

Zombie

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Allardyce: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
See this tribal bigotry patron disguising. I wish this is true from your evil heart. Desist from your evil ways
Odewaleadesoye, see the fool you thought would change. grin
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by OmotolaBoy(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2023
lols nawa ooo

wahala wahala wahala
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Supremos: 11:03am On Mar 21, 2023
When are Yorubas going to take back Ilorin, Yoruba man is asking

1 Like

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Flames40: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2023
Good. Issues should be settled amicably pls. We don't want war. We've had enough already

1 Like

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Supremos: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2023
When are Yorubas going to take back Ilorin

1 Like

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by iokpebholo: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2023
Beat him mercilessly.Ibos are too boastful walahi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by jimyjames(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2023
Tribalistic Yoruba's , afonja's always hating on the Igbos , when they know Igbos are dominating them in their own makerts , they burn igbo businesses, the Igbos will start from scratch dominate them again , then they will cry out that the Igbos are disrespecting them

1 Like

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Supremos: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2023
iokpebholo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Nbote(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2023
This fire some of you are stoking will consume so many of you when it eventually begins burning

1 Like

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by lecowas: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
Lol. Did the so called Eze - Ndigbo really wore a crown to meet a whole DEJI?? If this is really true, then he deserved whatever beating he got.

When he was chest-beating, he was laughing, but when others are helping him to beat the same chest, he was crying wolf. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by JAMO84: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceenachi:

Zombie
Ipob

4 Likes

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Racoon(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2023
The case in Lagos have not died fully then this one in Akure. The evill will surely consume everyone involved
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by orisa37: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2023
AKURE YOUTHS ARE APPROPRIATELY DISCERNING. THAT WAS A NATURAL JUDGEMENT DIRECTLY FROM OLODUMARE.
GOD BLESS AKURE YOUTHS.
FASORANTI PRAYS FOR TINUBU. THAT IS IT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by EzeUmuokorobiaa: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2023
This is a very old news. This incident happened 5byears ago or so. How come nairaland is bringing it up again at this crucial hour. Is it to fan the embers of discord?

4 Likes

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Beremx(f): 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
Racoon:
The case in Lagos have not died fully then this one in Akure. The evill will surely consume everyone involved
check the date. It happened in 2015 and the news was on nairaland. The Op went to dig out the news to incite ethnic war on nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by searchng4love: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
SenatePresdo:

What do you mean by inciting?

It's a news, and everybody should see it.

Say no to media suppression.
Gbam
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by ghettochild(m): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
I think the igbos doing business in lagos environs from Alaba international to lagos Island to ladipo to Vespa, should relocate their businesses to ogun state... mowe, ibafo.
Make lagos know that they truly n really need the igbo when it comes to business.
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Behave your age angry
Racoon:
Re: Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace - by Samunique(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
iokpebholo:
No be like that bro, Yorubas are Omoluabis, we should not follow the multitude to do evil.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch France Destroyed Their Cars Before Leaving B.faso, Putin Outsmarts Biden / Protests Mar Igbinedion University 8th Convocation / History Of Fuel Price Increase In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.