Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) (1699 Views)

Nkem Okeke Who Transferred From Anatomy To Pharmacy To Medicine Graduates / Aluta Jango Finally Graduates From UNIJOS After 13 Years (Photos, Video) / Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by WebDesignerNG(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2021
Update from

Students of Imo State University (IMSU) College of Medicine leaped for joy in a recent photo as they graduate from the institutions to become doctors with some of them having spent 10years in the department due to NUC accreditation issues.

It was indeed a moment of excitement and joyfulness as fifty-five of the students were said to have graduated from the institutions after a very long run of years.

This set have been reported by Siggy to be the second graduating medicine set from IMSUTH, this year.

https:///imsu-college-of-medicine-graduates-55-doctors-after-ten-years-photos/

3 Likes

Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by WebDesignerNG(m): 8:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Congratulations, doctors.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Is this a joke or what?
WTF?
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by dawnomike(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2021
This is seriously serious...
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by christejames(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Congratulations to them its not easy just that this administration has balkanised this once a noble profession into one that everyone now sees as 'others'...

Sorry doctors, they don't believe in you guys, they will rather run to London to treat an ant bite than allow you to treat their mosquito bite.
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by chicoMX(m): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2021
My cousin is a part of this set of doctors lol.

He gained admission in 2010.

Congratulations to them!

6 Likes

Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by 3LACK: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2021
My school Gombe state Uni(GSU) also took 10 years to graduate its first set of medical students, due to same NUC accreditation issues....They had to merge the 1st and 2nd set and graduate them together as one set.

I just wonder why its mostly the medical college that always have issues with accreditation, irrespective of the institution

1 Like

Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by BornorBang: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nigeria scata scata… course of 7years turn 10years. Delay people’s children destiny for nothing sake
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by b3llo(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
3LACK:
My school Gombe state Uni(GSU) also took 10 years to graduate its first set of medical students, due to same NUC accreditation issues....They had to merge the 1st and 2nd set and graduate them together as one set.

I just wonder why its mostly the medical college that always have issues with accreditation, irrespective of the institution
Gombawa diban fari! Allah ya tsine wa Inuwa Yahaya.

1 Like

Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by MrEgghead(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
3LACK:

No institution can start a medical college without NUC accreditation. The problem is Medical and Dental council Nigeria accreditation and that's the main accreditation that determines the status of a medical school not NUC's accreditation. Medical schoools are strictly regulated and there are different phases or stages of accreditation. An institution without full accreditation can NEVER graduate doctors.
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by 3LACK: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
MrEgghead:
No institution can start a medical college without NUC accreditation. The problem is Medical and Dental council Nigeria accreditation and that's the main accreditation that determines the status of a medical school not NUC's accreditation. Medical schoools are strictly regulated and there are different phases or stages of accreditation. An institution without full accreditation can NEVER graduate doctors.
i get your point, but thats also same with other departments now...plus does it have to affect the students.

Bruh 10 years in school is crazy, dats like getting double degree in a normal science course
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by alfredo1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
3LACK:
i get your point, but thats also same with other departments now...plus does it have to affect the students.

Bruh 10 years in school is crazy, dats like getting double degree in a normal science course
Minimum required standards must be met. Meeting these standards doesn't come cheap hence the delay
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by BornorBang: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nawa oooo
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by PromiseUche(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
So they went back home and waited for the full accreditation or kept on repeating a class or more?
Can someone explain please!
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by webhead: 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mumu idiots!

While they were busy punishing themselves in the name of wanting to educated, their more-intelligent mates were out there gaining knowledge about finance, economy, investing etc, which allowed them to make big money (money that these doctors won't see till they die)
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by Sigggy: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2021
webhead:
Mumu idiots!

While they were busy punishing themselves in the name of wanting to educated, their more-intelligent mates were out there gaining knowledge about finance, economy, investing etc, which allowed them to make big money (money that these doctors won't see till they die)

Na you talk am ooo
Re: IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) by timmy1thtrh: 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
Caries is very unpleasant and in the future can negatively affect the health of your teeth and cause big problems. I read about caries treatment here https://denta-tour.com/adult-dentistry/caries-treatment/ and realized that this should not be postponed. If you have dental problems, then you should visit Ukraine with Dental tour

(1) (Reply)

Futa 2010/2011 P-utme Cut-off Mark / Oou Cesap Form / ASUU And Fg Holds Meeting Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.