Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Tinubu, No Certificate, Unresolved Issues With "Gbana?" - - - - Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, No Certificate, Unresolved Issues With "Gbana?" - - - - Tribune (1156 Views)

Tinubu Finally Admits Buhari Has No Certificate? / Why Buhari Has No Certificate - Col Ben Gbulie (rtd) / Anambra/Kogi Oil Wells - Ownership Still Unresolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, No Certificate, Unresolved Issues With "Gbana?" - - - - Tribune by zstranger: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2011
Whenever the biography of Sam Omatseye is written by history itself, as against constructs by fellow sycophants — I am sure the difference between story by history and story by the historian is beyond his grasp — it will be mentioned that he deployed not only his barren intellect, but his miserable soul solely to the cause of the brigand, Bola Tinubu. Tinubu has no pedigree; he belongs to the class of criminals immolated in the days of yore, but who, by the accident of history, have now found themselves in the commanding heights of timed power.

Before another sentence, let’s provide a background. Bola Tinubu, sole proprietor of the ACN, was once at the Tribune House, Ibadan. Mission: to buy over the Tribune management in the service of his political agenda. He had already compromised the Lagos newspapers, and anyone in doubt should ask why The Nigerian Tribune  has, by the grace of God, remained the only paper in the country to report the judicial atrocities going on in the country on his behalf, his (Tinubu’s) case with the EFCC and allied issues. Should the Tribune join Tinubu’s empire, we’d also begin to carry the kind of stories which said Alao-Akala had fled the country after Ajimobi’s inauguration, even while the former governor was in the church opening his mouth as wide as he was wont to, in praises to God in Ogbomosho, less than 300 kilometres from the printing room of their medium. We would have glossed over the carnage unleashed by ACN brigands in Akwa Ibom  State, and Tribune editors would get the kind of salaries paid Omatseye and others from the money paid by the Lagos State government on a monthly basis into the coffers of Tinubu’s company, Alpha Beta, or its sister company in Osun State, Infinity Concept.

He was told off. That Tinubu, like a pampered child, did not get his desired candy as he imagined in capturing the Nigerian Tribune did not go down well with him. And then came The Nation and its onslaught on the Nigerian Tribune.  Mission: to get the Tribune out of the way so that Emperor Tinubu can take over the nation.

In another attack on Awo launched by Tinubu (“Awo family without an Awo”, The Nation, Monday June 6, 2011, back page)  through his errand boy, Sam Omatseye, this time on Awo’s family, Mama (Dr) H.I.D Awolowo, the woman who stood by the sage throughout his odyssey, the woman who recently lost another child, the woman who has carried on her husband’s torch since 1987, was tagged  a worthless woman. He wrote: ‘’I once wrote that this woman whom Awo once described as a jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause (sic). If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death (sic).”

[size=18pt]Beyond the infelicities of “lost value to his cause,”  and  ‘’if he came back to life he would have committed”( Gloss: If he  came back to life, he would commit.), I am not  shocked that this fellow can pour such imprecations on a 96-year-old woman. His principal has not got a certificate, and I am sure he has unresolved issues with marijuana.  Beyond that, character, which the Yoruba say is beauty, does not dwell in beasts, felons without a pedigree. We know what brought Tinubu to Lagos, and will inform Omatseye in the coming weeks.[/size]

Omatseye wrote: “The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide. The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosumu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coat tail.”

On what grounds were these conclusions based?  Do the Awolowo children have to negotiate their existence only within the purview of Tinubu’s brand of Awoism,  or not? We recall that even Awolowo-Dosumu was frustrated by Tinubu and his gang. Coming from a distinguished parentage, she knew the best thing to do was withdraw when the jewels had been thrown to the dogs.

Omatseye even went spiritual. ‘’In another spoof of Christ, where were his family anyway (sic)?” Omatseye’s analogy is illiterate, because James, the Lord’s brother, became a frontline apostle in the church, and even authored an epistle. So, if our guy thinks that the family of Jesus wasn’t of much worth, why would anyone expect him to see any good in the Awo family? I do not want to print the other diatribes against the Awo family because I know that this naughty person will go to his grave covered in tears.

It should not be surprising that Omatseye sees Tinubu, a man accused by the Code of Conduct Bureau of operating 16 foreign accounts as governor, a man who bleeds the Lagos State treasury dry every month, a gnome given to gutter language and manipulator of the judiciary, as Awo’s successor in the South-West: “Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others.”

Are you shocked? The man who imposed candidates all over the South-West is Awo’s successor, according to Omatseye. Tinubu, who hasn’t a single paper to his name. The subject of attack is Obafemi Awolowo himself, make no mistake about it. And you should not be surprised that ‘’in all the states from Lagos to Edo, Awo has witnessed a resurgence,” and that “Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist (sic).”

But the last time I visited schools in my home town, Ikorodu, teachers had their office under trees, and I saw not a single motorable road.The masses are locked up in Black Marias for hawking, and life is hell in Lagos State. This is the handiwork of the progressives, the real members of the Awo family, according to Omatseye. We hope Tinubu will go as far as burning down the Ikenne home of the Awolowos to prove a point.

Yet, try as he may, Tinubu will never become Yoruba leader. He will remain the felon, the brigand that he has always been, until his cup is full.
Re: Tinubu, No Certificate, Unresolved Issues With "Gbana?" - - - - Tribune by omamokta: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2011
How did you know he has issues with Gbana?, was he arrested by the law? We have only heard of Toronto University, which has not been proved. Am not Asiwaju's spokesman but its not fair attacking the wrong person, That write up by Sam Omatseye is a very bad one to be frank, i read it and felt very bad, imagine how the immediate family of Awo would feel. He (Sam), after eulogizing Awo crucified him by making some utterances that left a very bad taste in the mouth of the readers especially those that are affliated to the Awos. We have to face the fact here, Sam is a staff of the Nation Newspapers, Asiwaju is the owner of the newspaper whose aim is to use the paper to make gains politically and economically. He is not the chief editor(if there is anything like that in the nation organisational hierachy). That such write up came from Sam (a staff of the Nation) does not make Tinubu the author, unless there are some issues which we are not aware of here. Aim your attacks on Sam Omatseye not Asiwaju. Please let us stop this media war between the Awos and the Awoists now before it gets out of hand.
Re: Tinubu, No Certificate, Unresolved Issues With "Gbana?" - - - - Tribune by tomialph(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2011
Nigerian Tribune lost it values when it pitched tent with the PDP. They r obviously on PDP's payrole.

How does one reconcile HID's romance the OGDs, the Alao-Akalas and the Oyinlolas with the uprightness Papa Awo stood for? We're tired of licking HID's arse as she has lost relevance. We are tired of the arse-licking and it's high time someone talked senses into mama's head.

Take it or leave it, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a political force to reckon with.
Re: Tinubu, No Certificate, Unresolved Issues With "Gbana?" - - - - Tribune by zstranger: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2011
omamokta:

How did you know he has issues with Gbana?, was he arrested by the law? We have only heard of Toronto University, which has not been proved. Am not Asiwaju's spokesman but its not fair attacking the wrong person, That write up by Sam Omatseye is a very bad one to be frank, i read it and felt very bad, imagine how the immediate family of Awo would feel. He (Sam), after eulogizing Awo crucified him by making some utterances that left a very bad taste in the mouth of the readers especially those that are affliated to the Awos. We have to face the fact here, Sam is a staff of the Nation Newspapers, Asiwaju is the owner of the newspaper whose aim is to use the paper to make gains politically and economically. He is not the chief editor(if there is anything like that in the nation organisational hierachy). That such write up came from Sam (a staff of the Nation) does not make Tinubu the author, unless there are some issues which we are not aware of here. Aim your attacks on Sam Omatseye not Asiwaju. Please let us stop this media war between the Awos and the Awoists now before it gets out of hand.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-172825.0.html

(1) (Reply)

GEJ; The Need To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods. / How To Curb Boko Haram, Jos Crisis –okorocha / I Guess Buahari Is ? Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.