Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why Ladipoe Is Important To Nigerian Hip Hop - Written By Amechi Okoli - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Ladipoe Is Important To Nigerian Hip Hop - Written By Amechi Okoli (251 Views)

How Nigerian Rappers Can Bounce Back In 2023: Written By Amechi Okoli / Tribute To Nigerian Female Rappers (Femcees) / The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ladipoe Is Important To Nigerian Hip Hop - Written By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2021
If you read my article about how Nigerian hip hop almost lost, then it should come as no surprise that I'm doing a separate write-up for the rapper known as Ladipoe.

It is an undeniable fact that rap music, in whatever shape or form, has gone extinct in the Nigerian mainstream. And the reason I said it "almost lost", is because we still have so much talent buzzing underground, which means there's still hope.

Unfortunately, underground buzz is just what it is - underground buzz!

This means the big brands won't cut the underground rapper a cheque, they won't headline major events, and they'd definitely not be able to boast of having as much money as the Afrobeats artistes.

And while listening to your favorite underground rapper's song is great, seeing them shine in the mainstream is much better.

This is where Ladipoe comes in!

He has managed to remain a rapper, and still score major hits over the past year. And his efforts (like it or not) have done a lot to keep Nigerian rap music on Sound City, HipTV and the likes.

It's true Ladipoe puts crooners on his hooks, but so Did Tupac, Biggie, Big Pun, LL Cool J, Jay-Z, Nas, Busta Rhymes, and any other hip hop legend you can think of.

His BET Hip Hop Awards nomination for "Best International Flow" and his win at 2020's Headies Awards for Best Collaboration says it all.

He's keeping rap music afloat on the mainstream. And the best part is, he's an awesome lyricist too!

Not to say he's the messiah, but he's surely played his part to ensure we still have popular rap songs in the Nigerian mainstream space!

Written by @amechi_okoli for @234hiphop

1 Like

Re: Why Ladipoe Is Important To Nigerian Hip Hop - Written By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2021
CoteDesign:
Ok ooo Meanwhile, Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details

Let me have your phone number
Re: Why Ladipoe Is Important To Nigerian Hip Hop - Written By Amechi Okoli by ghettowriter(m): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2021
No lie detected. Ladi Poe is a new school hip hop artist with commercial appeal.

M.I had played his part too.

1 Like

Re: Why Ladipoe Is Important To Nigerian Hip Hop - Written By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2021
ghettowriter:
No lie detected. Ladi Poe is a new school hip hop artist with commercial appeal.

M.I had played his part too.

Word!

(1) (Reply)

Download Music-soa-ft-victor Praise-where Would I Be / How To Make Your Studio Environment More Comfortable For Your Clients / Who Is JTOM ?? Open To Find Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.