Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) (4201 Views)

DNA Exonerates Man 47 Years After Rape Conviction / Man, 26, Faces Rape Charge After Sex With Lady, 20 / Cops Who Killed Osaze Osagie, Nigerian Student In US, Cleared Of Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2021
A black man was cleared of a rape charge after spending 47 years behind bars after the white victim of the attack admitted she might have identified the wrong person.

Tyrone Clark, 66, was convicted in 1974 of kidnaping and raping Anne Kane in her Boston, Massachusetts apartment.

He was 18 at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10243347/Black-man-cleared-rape-47-years-victim-said-identified-wrong-man.html

2 Likes

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2021
A judge vacated Tyrone Clark’s 1974 conviction for raping Anne Kane on Tuesday, just a day after another black man wrongly accused of raping author Alice Sebold was exonerated.

Clark spent nearly 50 years in prison after he was convicted of raping and kidnapping Anne Kane, 23, in June 1973, after someone broke into her Back Bay apartment and raped her at knifepoint.

Clark, who was 18 at the time, was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole.

Clark gave his first interview to DailyMail.com on Thursday, a day after leaving prison, saying:

'I’m so happy to be out.

I can’t think about the past.

I just have to try to move on and take it one day at a time.

I thank God for answering my prayers that I got out, because I didn’t think I was going to get out.’

‘I was telling the guys when I left the prison that there are a lot of innocent men in the same situation as in my shoes. And I promised I’m not going to leave them behind.

‘The injustice in society is very messed up.’

Photo:

Clark (right) was taken in by Jerry Brogna (left) who started a boarding facility called Christopher's House in honor of his son who passed away in 2007.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10243347/Black-man-cleared-rape-47-years-victim-said-identified-wrong-man.html
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2021
Clark walked out of North Central Correctional Institute in Gardner on Wednesday afternoon without any identification, no bank account, phone, or working knowledge of the Internet.

Clark spent nearly 50 years inside the North Central Correctional Institute in Gardner

Despite all he’s been through, Clark said he’s thankful that the rape victim in his case ultimately came forward with concerns about a wrongful conviction.

‘It took a lot of courage to do what she did,’ he said. ‘God bless her, even though it took so long for her to come forward, I still forgive her.

I never attacked her, I never committed this crime.

I’ve held my innocence for 50 years.’

A GoFundMe for Clark had raised nearly $6,000 as of early Thursday afternoon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by KingEverest: 9:52am On Nov 29, 2021
Speechless I'm just speechless cry these are just the few lucky once lucky enough to be exonerated because there case went viral,thousands are still behind bars innocent of the crime they are accused of, America Justice system is truly racially biased cry

12 Likes

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Allnacruise(m): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Well....

If it were to be me, I would be back to prison in no time cos that woman no go die well

angry

11 Likes

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by descarado: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Only if blacks will start seeing themselves as equal as these people.
China was once like us. But look at them. That's why I love some Arab countries despite the way the West paint them negatively.
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2021
shocked

My friend ended up getting a second wife and 3 kids just to proof his nagging wife right after she kept accusing him wrongly of infidelity.

So the devil in me almost suggested that this poor man should go back and do the rape so that the time he's spent being locked up for a crime he didn't commit will be justified but common sense prevailed.

At 66, his preek won't be so hungry.

Dear Lord, we pray that you order our steps. May we not be in the right place at the wrong time or at the wrong place at the right time.

Strike us with erectile dysfunction whenever we stumble upon a diseased or cursed kpekus. May our looks not make the crime fit us.

All this we pray in the name of our Lord Jesus, Amen.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by 88natzy(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2021
Bop
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Candidlady: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2021
47 what?

speechless
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by starbuck(f): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2021
Disadvantages of being a black in the western world cry cry

There are a thousand and one of them like these in the prison

1 Like

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by IamGblaize(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2021
The victim should be sent to jail too .... So she can meditate on her mistake... Just imagine khai... 47 years in jail for nothing .... The guy should sue the U.S ministry of justice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My friend ended up getting a second wife and 3 kids just to proof his nagging wife right after she kept accusing him wrongly of infidelity.

So the devil in me almost suggested that this poor man should go back and do the rape so that the time he's spent being locked up for a crime he didn't commit will be justified but common sense prevailed.

Dear Lord, we pray that you order our steps. May we not be in the right place at the wrong time or at the wrong place at the right time.

Strike us with erectile dysfunction when we stumble upon a diseased or cursed kpekus., May our looks not make the crime fit us.

Jesus right now

3 Likes

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2021
I don't actually believe stories like this.
The family of the accused must have struckn a deal with the accused and the victim agreed just to keep him out of Jail.
There is no common sense in it since he already spent 47 years.

Na lie jawe

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Smoketight(m): 11:56am On Nov 29, 2021
grin
grin[color=#000099][/color]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Strike us with erectile dysfunction whenever we stumble upon a diseased or cursed kpekus. May our looks not make the crime fit us.

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
H
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Gadafii: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
they just wasted his youthful years

isnt the court supposed to award him some money for damages, even tho that cant never bring back all he has lost

1 Like

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Flexherbal(m): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
This is too much na.

No amount of compensation can equal the lost time, resources and health.

1 Like

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Oyiboman69: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Help2020: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
Explorers:
A black man was cleared of a rape charge after spending 47 years behind bars after the white victim of the attack admitted she might have identified the wrong person.

Tyrone Clark, 66, was convicted in 1974 of kidnaping and raping Anne Kane in her Boston, Massachusetts apartment.

He was 18 at the time.

How many years sentence was he given?
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by heniford2: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
Wrongful accused for how many years that lady is a witch just imagine she still go to church and sing yet an accused person is in prison fear woman
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
Thunder Fire the victim
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
That's how the man spent his youthful years in prison, lórí ẹ̀sẹ̀ aìmọ̀dí
[img]https://media1./images/85ec914555449ccc5f51872b089955e5/tenor.gif?itemid=23651431[/img]
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Smoketight:
grin
grin[color=#000099][/color]
ghonorrea don kill this one finish
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Danjikanbauchi: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
Only God will judge between white and blacks.

The white have done lots of evil to the blacks.
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
47 years in prison after the wrongly accused. The man don Sur Offa and also Sur Ilorin.

Very sorry for him. Make dem compensate him adequately.
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by allen113: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hmm this guy shouldn't end up like that guy in Shaw shank redemption who couldn't cope after coming out of prison because the world had developed at a fast Pace.
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Rolly22(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Na to sue the whole state and their Justice ministry, How can you waste a mans life like this??

1 Like

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by usebog: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
So what will happen to the woman?
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by TheWolfen(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
The accuser should be jailed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by wiseone28: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
I would have love to see his reaction to what he sees in 21st century
Re: Man Cleared Of Rape Charge After 47 Years In Jail As Victim Admits Mistake(Pics) by Lamasta(m): 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Many innocent victims languishing in prisons all around the world for crimes they know nothing of cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

(photo)ghost Captured On Camera inside the hospital: By Reporter Kelvin / Woman Suffers Injuries While Trying To Escape From Two Rapists (graphic Photo) / Police Refused To Come As Robbers Attacked, They Have Killed My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.