Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Jumia Is So Deceptive! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Is So Deceptive! (5305 Views)

Jumia Is Giving Out 10 Iphone XS Max At #4,200 Each / Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by aimmoney9: 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
Still up Jumia they help you go to the market when you're not in the mood and bring the goods to your doorstep...

Plus op don't feel so down, people that have time to surf for better pricing on their app like me will always get the best, plus they have a good working return policy too....

Those higher prices that you see there are left for our lekki and banana comrades that have the money and believe the more higher the price the higher the quality, it also reflects the different pricing available in different stores, as we both know seller A and B can't sell the same price both in physical stores.. grin

As for the discount issue, it's a strategy just know that they have to make profit which is the sole aim of business to continue being a going concern...

Also as a matter of truth they do give real discounts on check outs, it may be quantity discount, delivery discount, etc all of which I have enjoyed.... grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by chicoMX(m): 6:02am On Nov 30, 2021
Total item cost was #13800

But you were asked to pay #11800 with shipping cost of #550.

Do the maths op
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Fogman(m): 6:08am On Nov 30, 2021
aimmoney9:

Chairman I onced interviewed with them at their office for a job, right in there they were packaging people's orders.
I am giving you an insider outlook....

Even their call reps office at yaba I have been there, the aforementioned I said is nothing but the truth..

Simply put they buy from the sellers and sell to you the buyer..

If they were connecting buyers to sellers have you had any direct deal with any seller on Jumia or do you have any seller's phone number? Hell no... grin
They only connect buyers with products...Q.E.D...

You call AliExpress, Alibaba, etc when you talk about people that connects sellers directly with buyers... grin

You just got schooled.... grin grin grin

Yes, you take your orders to them for quality inspection, packaging and shipping to customers. I am a vendor on Jumia sir, i am better informed than you.

Each items on Jumia has a seller, scroll down the item page and you will see the seller details. See example in attached pictures.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by scarycuteface(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2021
Stopped shopping there when the price of the Tecno phone I wanted to buy was cheaper in the store and jumia still said they're giving a discount

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Rickmann: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2021
Stoney3813:
So, I made this order yesterday and during checkout, I was given a N2000 discount.
Was happy and all until I checked my order page thoroughly only to discover they have added the same discount amount to the original product cost.

So,effectively I paid in full.

I keep telling people , stop using online market stores in Nigeria, they are all dubious..go where you will see and feel whatever you want to buy.

You try that in the western world , ur company is gone.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by LeeSantos(m): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2021
aimmoney9:

Chairman I onced interviewed with them at their office for a job, right in there they were packaging people's orders.
I am giving you an insider outlook....

Even their call reps office at yaba I have been there, the aforementioned I said is nothing but the truth..

Simply put they buy from the sellers and sell to you the buyer..

If they were connecting buyers to sellers have you had any direct deal with any seller on Jumia or do you have any seller's phone number? Hell no... grin
They only connect buyers with products...Q.E.D...

You call AliExpress, Alibaba, etc when you talk about people that connects sellers directly with buyers... grin

You just got schooled.... grin grin grin

There is what we call fulfillment. Where the platform like Amazon, Alibaba, jumia give the seller an option of using their warehouse. So any order the seller receives is being packaged sent to the buyers behalf of the seller. But that's not to say they don't own their own inventory too.

Plus all seller have to send their products to be shipped to jumia to confirm the product and other necessary documentation

You've just got schooled....

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Mamuzo13(f): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Good morning guys, my name is Mamuzo and I have been learning makeup for a while now and currently on a hiatus, I need people to practice on, so if you are a girl who likes been made up and you live around Abijoh, kingdom Hall bus stop, Fidiso estate area in Lagos please chat me up on my WhatsApp number 09031109787 ���.
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by aimmoney9: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2021
LeeSantos:

There is what we call fulfillment. Where the platform like Amazon, Alibaba, jumia give the seller an option of using their warehouse. So any order the seller receives is being packaged sent to the buyers behalf of the seller. But that's not to say they don't own their own inventory too.

Plus all seller have to send their products to be shipped to jumia to confirm the product and other necessary documentation

You've just got schooled....
Argue constructively, the nitty gritty of this argument is whether or not Jumia connects the seller and the buyer directly and the answer is No...

All this jargons you wrote up there does not disprove this fact...
All you get as sellers are followers, who order from your store through Jumia unlike Alibaba, AliExpress, etc where the buyers can directly chat with the sellers..... grin

You better learn I won't school you again... grin grin ;l

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by aimmoney9: 9:52am On Nov 30, 2021
Fogman:

Yes, you take your orders to them for quality inspection, packaging and shipping to customers. I am a vendor on Jumia sir, i am better informed than you.

Each items on Jumia has a seller, scroll down the item page and you will see the seller details. See example in attached pictures.
Chairman even as a vendor on Jumia you can't know Jumia more than me take heart.... grin grin

I have been with Jumia for years.... grin it's like olu Jacobs and joke Silva marriage..... grin grin grin

FYI I never said there aren't sellers on Jumia, instead Jumia acts as middlemen to broker deals between buyers and sellers....
No direct sales, all the buyer know is the name of the seller's store, they don't know your face, phone number, they can't even Whatsapp you...now that's painful as a vendor..... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by LeeSantos(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2021
aimmoney9:

Argue constructively, the nitty gritty of this argument is whether or not Jumia connects the seller and the buyer directly and the answer is No...

All this jargons you wrote up there does not disprove this fact...
All you get as sellers are followers, who order from your store through Jumia unlike Alibaba, AliExpress, etc where the buyers can directly chat with the sellers..... grin

You better learn I won't school you again... grin grin ;l
What is this one even saying?. Read again from your first comment. Cus your are confusing yalsef.
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Ahmadmoh86: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2021
Jumia are cheaters i regretted using that stupid site to order, first i payed for home delivery plus all total cost for shipping, this morning the agent called me and told me that i have to come to their office to pick up the package, i called the head of abuja branch, explained everything to him, just for him to end the call and refusing picking my calls again..... I will never ever use anything associating to jumia anymore in my life..... Again if they bring it to my house.they should hold It

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Rick9(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2021
Jumia uselexs thieves, I only use them. Mainly to check prices.
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by revived: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ahmadmoh86:
Jumia are cheaters i regretted using that stupid site to order, first i payed for home delivery plus all total cost for shipping, this morning the agent called me and told me that i have to come to their office to pick up the package, i called the head of abuja branch, explained everything to him, just for him to end the call and refusing picking my calls again..... I will never ever use anything associating to jumia anymore in my life..... Again if they bring it to my house.they should hold It

Don't go there to receive the good
It's either they bring it to your doorstep or they return it to the seller and refund your money into jumia pay

Dem be mad people
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by MrBONE2(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
Stoney3813:

So annoying sha
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Those That Have Been Wearing Wireless Earpiece Around Please Watch This / Enjoy Glo Jolification Package -get 5.2gb For N100 And 10.4gb For N200 / No Matter What You Do, Never Use Transsion Phones: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.