Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store (674 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Delta Vigilante Group Arrests Security Guards For Robbing Phone Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by wealthlee(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please pardon my grammatical errors,,,
It all started when I saw a page advertising iPhones on instagram,, the phone store is located in Benin while I stay in lagos,,, I went through the page and I saw a lot of customer reviews, how customers unbox their phones after it got delivered to them and all,, I chatted with the store last week Monday that I'll love to order an iPhone 7+ and he told me I'll pay a sum of #105,000 and I asked if it's payment on delivery but he said payment before delivery, I asked for his account number and on Tuesday I went to the bank to deposit the 105k to his account, I sent him the receipt and he told me I'll get the phone by 6:20pm on Wednesday,, I waited till Wednesday nothing was delivered, I chatted him again and he told me the delivery company had a problem with their delivery vehicle that it will be delivered on Thursday by 10am,, I waited again till Thursday and nothing was delivered again,, I got frustrated and I went to his page to ask what's going on with my delivery and he pleaded with me that the delivery company he's using has a lot to deliver and it hasn't reach my turn that by 2pm on Friday if it's not delivered,, he will revert my order,, on Friday same thing,, I told him I don't longer need the phone that he should refund back my money which he said he's going to do first thing on Monday morning,, I msg him this morning and I realise he has blocked me on all platform,,, I used another number to contact him,, after he realize it's me,,, he blocked the contact again,, I was told to go and report at the police station which I did this morning, I was told the police is in charge of tracking before but after the End sars saga,, it has become a duty of DSS and I'll pay them the sum of 70k for tracking,,, hmmmmm I lost hope immediately... Am now in the bank to report the account number and find out how the bank can be of help...
Please Members of nairaland Please help a helpless member,, I empty my account to pay this man... I have all the evidence with me... cry cry cry
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by aderemielijah(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oops!
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by omasco922: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Next time don't repeat this kind of mistake.
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by greatnaija01: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
wealthlee:
It all started when I saw a page advertising iPhones on instagram,, the phone store is located in Benin while I stay in lagos,,, I went through the page and I saw a lot of customer reviews, how customers unbox their phones after it got delivered to them and all,, I chatted with the store last week Monday that I'll love to order an iPhone 7+ and he told me I'll pay a sum of #105,000 and I asked if it's payment on delivery but he said payment before delivery, I asked for his account number and on Tuesday I went to the bank to deposit the 105k to his account, I sent him the receipt and he told me I'll get the phone by 6:20pm on Wednesday,, I waited till Wednesday nothing was delivered, I chatted him again and he told me the delivery company had a problem with their delivery vehicle that it will be delivered on Thursday by 10am,, I waited again till Thursday and nothing was delivered again,, I got frustrated and I went to his page to ask what's going on with my delivery and he pleaded with me that the delivery company he's using has a lot to deliver and it hasn't reach my turn that by 2pm on Friday if it's not delivered,, he will revert my order,, on Friday same thing,, I told him I don't longer need the phone that he should refund back my money which he said he's going to do first thing on Monday morning,, I msg him this morning and I realise he has blocked me on all platform,,, I used another number to contact him,, after he realize it's me,,, he blocked the contact again,, I was told to go and report at the police station which I did this morning, I was told the police is in charge of tracking before but after the End sars saga,, it has become a duty of DSS and I'll pay them the sum of 70k for tracking,,, hmmmmm I lost hope immediately... Am now in the bank to report the account number and find out how the bank can be of help...
Please Members of nairaland Please help a helpless member,, I empty my account to pay this man... I have all the evidence with me... cry cry cry

wow, sorry for your loss bro... can you drop the PAGE SCREENSHOT, ACCOUNT NUMBER AND EXACT ADDRESS IN BENIN of the scammer shop?

also... BANKS would not do anything.... but the police tracking works so well that when the guy is caught, HE WILL PAY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SPENT IN FULL AND ALSO YOUR MAIN CASH.
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by gambia(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Why are some people so heartless? But Op, you should have requested for their company's account number instead of paying into a person account, I have ordered for several things online too but I only deal with reputable companies. I hope the scammer is caught and dealt with accordingly.
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
You are in Lagos and you can't just go to any store at Ikeja to get your iphone angry OP you just fall for that cheap scam I am sorry for your loss sad those people that gives review are definitely working with the scammer just like those that play black card on the road for you to win phone.... Most things you see online aint real angry

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
wealthlee:
take police report to Telecom company, and thank me later
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by fergieboy: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
You ended up not dropping the account of the scammer

Instagram handle also

So others won’t fall victim
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by MufasaLion: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
You left Lagos and patronized someone in Benin? grin

How some of you reason is beyond me. Greediness led you to it.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by hyfr(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2021
Because of issues like this, I've had sleepless nights working on how to solve this issues, I'll be dropping something huge for all Nigerians, next year, put your money where the trust is.
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by house10s: 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
sad u dey lagos send money to person for benin for iPhone.

wow.
anyway contact police dem will take it from there
Re: Help!!! Have Been Scammed By An Online Phone Store by FuckDModz: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Una no dey hear word!

Never pay before delivery if the vendor has nothing to lose by scamming you.

Very simple logic!

What you can do now is to report the account on Instagram and count your loss.

Ps - 90% of vendors from Benin are scammers. It's common knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Shoots Woman While Trying To Apprehend Suspected Yahoo Boys In Edo / FASTMONEY Embarrasses And Threatens Clients / Pastor In Police Net For Allegedly Defiling A Minor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.