Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa (1377 Views)

Presidency: Don’t Ruin South East Chances, Ohanaeze Begs IPOB / Peter Obi: Collect Politicians' Money, Vote Credible Candidate / 2023: North Will Back Any Credible Candidate From Any Region - NEF Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Maxymilliano(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2021

A founding member of the Arewa Consultative Forum and elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, says the secessionist agitation by the embattled leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, weakens the chances of the Igbo people to produce a credible presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections.

He spoke in an interview with Channels TV on Sunday monitored by The PUNCH.

According to the 96-year-old statesman, the South-East geopolitical zone must convince Nigerians beyond any reasonable doubt that it is ready to occupy the exalted office in 2023.

Kanu, who is in the custody of the Department of States Services, is facing terrorism-related charges before Justice Binta Nyako of a Federal High Court in Abuja. He and his group had listed alleged marginalisation of the Igbo people in governance, insecurity, as part of the reasons for his agitation.

With the 2023 elections fast approaching, demands for a President from the South-East continues to rise, with socio-political groups like the Ohanaeze Ndigbo; as well as the five governors in the South-East calling for the zone to produce the next President, after the eight-year regime of the incumbent, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), who is from Daura, Katsina State.

Ohanaeze and the governors led by Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State claimed that no President has emerged from the zone since Nigeria’s return to democracy in 1999.

Some politicians in the South-East have since defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress and opposition Peoples Democratic Party as part of permutations for the next presidential election.

Speaking during the interview, Yakasai said the Igbo people must not sit back and demand that the next Presidency be zoned to them.

He said, “The card is on the Southeastern people’s desk. It is up to them to try to reach out. I’m a strong supporter of a President from the South after Buhari and also if he can come from the South-East I have no problem.

My quarrel is that this is not something you just stay at home and pray that people will just dash it to you; you have to show interest, you have to be serious, you have to try to convince people that you are really up to the task. This is what in my opinion is missing from the South-East.

“There is that desire on their part but they are not exact in their position to manifest that desire to convince people that are rarely serious about it.

“There is this anxiety in Nigeria about the position of the South-East because it is surprising to many people including people like me… This Nnamdi Kanu who ordinarily to me would not be a good candidate for the governorship of any of the South-Eastern state is now claiming the attention (and) support of prominent people in the South-East is making people doubt if the South-East is really ready to produce a credible candidate that would help Nigeria as a whole. That doubt is there.”
Copyright PUNCH.
[/quote]

https://punchng.com/2023-presidency-nnamdi-kanu-weakens-south-easts-chances-of-producing-credible-candidate-yakasai/#Echobox=1638185246

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Aufbauh(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kanu & his Ipob mob has really postponed any chances of an Igbo man becoming the president of the federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Their closest assurance will be the Biafra Republic which is also not cuming soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Sergio101(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nonsense talk.

Every chip from a cave now has mouth
Rubbish!!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Maxymilliano(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Malami Tanko Yakassai is right, just as Boko Haram and bandits weakened the chances of the north producing another president come 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Tingotoe: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
He's right you know? The SE has a lot of work to do if they want to clinch the topmost position and as for that terrorist currently cooling off in DSS zoo cage, he can rot there forever for all we care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
People that are interested in a new republic

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Vistra40: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Aufbauh:
Kanu & his Ipob mob has really postponed any chances of an Igbo man becoming the president of the federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Their closest assurance will be the Biafra Republic which is also not cuming soon.

Bro, you have only one vote

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Emergingnation(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Aufbauh:
[s]Kanu & his Ipob mob has really postponed any chances of an Igbo man becoming the president of the federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Their closest assurance will be the Biafra Republic which is also not cuming soon.[/s]
Saying chronic unity beggar from Fulani stock !!

Igbo don't want your presidency, all we want is Biafra be actualization which is imminent..

You can continue to govern your terrorist ravaged region forever, with your preferred Sharia rules through Hisbah terrorist for all we care

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Zetra7: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
NADECO and OPC didnt weaken the position of SW in 1999.
Niger Delta militancy didn't weaken the position of SS in 2011.

Boko haram didn't weaken the position of the North in 2015

But IPOB will weaken the position of SE in 2023.

Hmmmm, when I was young , I thought all older people were smart and wise but now am older I know many of my mates that are fools..

Tanko or whatever your name is, you're a bigot Northerner whose only mercy for the south stops on the Muslim ends. Be a man and raise your banner for Tinubu and stop talking rubbish...

Even if there was no Ipob or agitation on the SE, men like a Tanko will never support an Igbo presidency...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by gidgiddy: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
I laugh when I read things like this.

Despite the killer herdsmen that are slaughtering people all across Nigeria being mainly of Fulani stock, it didnt stop a Fulani man like Buhari emerging president

So what is it that Kanu did that would stop an Igbo man being president? Personally, I think that Igbos should forget that useless seat of President that has never helped anyone and focus on self determination

But people should stop using double standards in Nigeria. If we were to take stock of what Boko haram, ISWAP and killer herdsmen have done, no Northerner deserves to be president

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Zetra7:
NADECO and OPC didnt weaken the position of SW in 1999.
Niger Delta militancy didn't weaken the position of SS in 2011.

Boko haram didn't weaken the position of the North in 2015

But IPOB will weaken the position of SE in 2023.

Hmmmm, when I was young , I thought all older people were smart and wise but now am older I know many of my mates that are fools..

Tanko or whatever your name is, you're a bigot Northerner whose only mercy for the south stops on the Muslim ends. Be a man and raise your banner for Tinubu and stop talking rubbish...

Even if there was no Ipob or agitation on the SE, men like a Tanko will never support an Igbo presidency...

If there was no IPOB and Mazi kanu, they'd look for another 'reason' to give for not supporting a president of Igbo extraction!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Abdul05: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
The ibos should stop putting themselves in the position of this president of a thing is like they are seeking shadows grin grin grin

It has been theorised that

"No ibo man can rule this contree"..cos of fear of what they might do if power remains there not here among the west and north .. grin grin grin

Let us unite and support a Yoruba man maybe the theory might change grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by conductor20000: 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Boko Haram don drop quote

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Danjikanbauchi: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
If Boko Haram Terrorists groups and miyetti Allah Terrorist groups didn't stop the chances of north producing president or igboho to Yorubas, I don't think IPOB that are just freedom fighters did to SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by longetivity(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
I still don't know what the IGBOS want between Biafra and presidential seat

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Oksman(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Malami Tanko Yakassai is right, just as Boko Haram and bandits weakened the chances of the north producing another president come 2023

Epic!
That was a knock out punch.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Ovamboland(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
Emergingnation:
Saying chronic unity beggar from Fulani stock !!

Igbo don't want your presidency, all we want is Biafra be actualization which is imminent..

You can continue to govern your terrorist ravaged region forever, with your preferred Sharia rules through Hisbah terrorist for all we care

Even the Biafra republic your are still begging for it. Presidency, still same begging, no arrow head no strategy.

See the way the Yoruba has a long lineup of capable hands that people are now choosing, yet they're not fighting each other.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Ovamboland(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
gidgiddy:

Despite the killer herdsmen that are slaughtering people all across Nigeria being mainly of Fulani stock, it didnt stop a Fulani man like Buhari emerging president

So what is it that Kanu did that would stop an Igbo man being president? Personally, I think that Igbos should forget that useless seat of President that has never helped anyone and focus on self determination

But people should stop using double standards in Nigeria. If we were to take stock of what Boko haram, ISWAP and killer herdsmen have done, no Northerner deserves to be president

This presidency that will elude you people in 2023 they paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!

Are these not the Fulani you want to dash the presidency to spite Yoruba that are showing you the middle finger? The just rejected your Greek gift of a trojan horse.

Rather than promote your candidate and meet people that will vote you were all busy fighting Tinubu and Osinbajo
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Fasindo: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
shocked

Okenye Aruruana

Only if Arewa Consultative Forum and Tanko Yakassi had been vocal against Boko Haram and banditz the way they are about 2023 presidency and IPOB, Banditz and terrorism would have been a forgotten issue in the north.

When will all the northern elders concentrate on finding everlasting peace in north the way they are in presidency and power come 2023.

The South are even the one doing what northern elders ought to be doing
South are even more interested in security of the country why north are more interested in holding unto power.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Ovamboland(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

If there was no IPOB and Mazi kanu, they'd look for another 'reason' to give for not supporting a president of Igbo extraction!

You mean you really need their support and endorsement?
You're waking up 7 years too late.

Even to get biaFra easily and quick you still need their support. But you insulted the living daylight out of them for 7 years and might remain in the wilderness for the next 70 years

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Ovamboland(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
If Boko Haram Terrorists groups and miyetti Allah Terrorist groups didn't stop the chances of north producing president or igboho to Yorubas, I don't think IPOB that are just freedom fighters did to SE.

Disguising Okorobauchi, I no tell you?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by slimghost(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
slowpoke! Just like Shekau and Boko Haram weakened Buhari’s chances?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by kayusely70(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
longetivity:
I still don't know what the IGBOS want between Biafra and presidential seat
I keep wondering myself!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Emergingnation(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

Even the Biafra republic your are still begging for it. Presidency, still same begging, no arrow head no strategy.

See the way the Yoruba has a long lineup of capable hands that people are now choosing, yet they're not fighting each other.
Lol ! Says cowardic Afonja.

We are not begging anyone for Biafra, cos freedom isn't given but taken.... We working according to the international lay procedure to achieve our aim goal which is yielding fruit immensely..

And which is given your Jihadist government sleepless nights....

As for presidency , the yoruba Muslims and their Fulani counterpart should continue their joint headslamming in one Nigeria for all we care

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Danjikanbauchi: 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

Disguising Okorobauchi, I no tell you?
what you don't know is bigger than you.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Tranquillity360: 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
What Igbos want Biafra.

Lets see how Nigeria without Igbos will look.

Who the president help.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Moferere: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Exactly
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Golan007: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
gidgiddy:

OK sir.

We would vote your candidate as demanded.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Golan007: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Why?

If the wife hadn't slapped the mother-in-law she may not have been divorced.

Doesn't make good reading that she did slap the Mother-in-law.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by Sctests: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Did OPC weaken yoruba chances in 1999 with their violence?
Did shekau and boko haram, weaken buhari and Arewa chances when they bombing everywhere and threatening 'dogs and baboon' violence.

You think you can contine to victimize and scape-goat the East? Laughable!

Let 2023 come, then we shall how you want your 'one nigeria'. No time for useless ultimatums. Enough of the insults.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by JaroMan: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Copyright PUNCH.

https://punchng.com/2023-presidency-nnamdi-kanu-weakens-south-easts-chances-of-producing-credible-candidate-yakasai/#Echobox=1638185246

South East have consensus already: 2023 or nothing.
Grant interview all you care. Spin it all you care; there is a reason for this graveyard silent.
Igbos have done what I never expected them. Stick to your demand, don't back down. Let them Tinubu and Osibanjo continue strategizing, at the right time, they will take back seat.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Weakens South-east’s Chances Of Producing Credible Candidate -yakasa by slimfit1(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
If you are not a bastard give them a referendum simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Soludo Be Impeached? / While You Fight Over Tinubu & Obi, Northerners Are Quietly Working For PDP / This Is The Way Things Suppose To Be Among Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.