Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1124176 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
desoul2004:
After my complaint about Neteller Funding, one guy called me, we negotiate it at the rate of #320 per dollar, I thought he was an Angel, I moved the naira equivalent to his UBA account. To cut the long story short, he has switched off phone. This is the money I borrowed to pay for my father's hospital bill. This is his details
Account No. 2078108864- UBA
Account Name; Awaritete Majesty
Phone No. 08077100297
Truecaller shows his name as Tosinjay Neteller.

Anybody that could assist on the recovery, I will appreciate and information on the best way to handle such transaction.

Time for people to wise up, how is it that this guy keeps having his way scamming y'all cheapishly. I hate that my moniker is mentioned in this.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by kennyman2000(m): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
tosinjay:

Time for people to wise up, how is it that this guy keeps having his way scamming y'all cheapishly. I hate that my moniker is mentioned in this.

I think he is only having his way with greedy people and novice who thought everyone they met on nairaland is an angel. first bank charged him 415 and aweritefe called and charged him 320. is he not supposed to sense danger?

is he not supposed to come here and ask people if such rate could be true. am not saying people can't get cheaper means but what am saying is that, when its too good to be true. you need to do the needful.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
kennyman2000:

I think he is only having his way with greedy people and novice who thought everyone they met on nairaland is an angel. first bank charged him 415 and aweritefe called and charged him 320. is he not supposed to sense danger?

is he not supposed to come here and ask people if such rate could be true. am not saying people can't get cheaper means but what am saying is that, when its too good to be true. you need to do the needful.

I'm sure if the victim type and search Awaritefe on nairaland now, he will blame himself for having not read or asked questions here first when he will see the volume of scam results of that notorious financial terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Meringe(m): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
Does that mean that nothing can be done about it?

I don't believe that.

No matter how little, involve the relevant agencies.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
I just checked through now and i can relate with iit all, Mr sorry, that guy has scammed you on this flat with hardly a means to recover the money. The issue here is that you didn't study the ground before dealing with anyone.
To have had that name in the account details and you still went on with the transaction shows you're less informed a "rookie", and the guy would have hardly given you that account knowing you knew about his havoc on nairaland.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by naira2usd2naira(m): 1:30am On Jun 12, 2016
desoul2004:
After my complaint about Neteller Funding, one guy called me, we negotiate it at the rate of #320 per dollar, I thought he was an Angel, I moved the naira equivalent to his UBA account. To cut the long story short, he has switched off phone. This is the money I borrowed to pay for my father's hospital bill. This is his details
Phone No. 08077100297

Anybody that could assist on the recovery, I will appreciate and information on the best way to handle such transaction.

This same Awaritefe!!....hmmmmm
He has been scamming people since 2010 here on NL....different account, different numbers, different formats, same surname but different first name!!....Also i know he has alot of accomplices here on NL and this is why business thrives for him.....

He can be caught, very easily in Nigeria, will just cost some money, time and a XXXX....
Sorry bro....its the risk of the business....

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 1:57am On Jun 12, 2016
kennyman2000:

Was it not this same guy in January? Now again!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 2:04am On Jun 12, 2016
magicfinger1:
345. Let me know if you are interested

has anyone done business with this seller please?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 3:32am On Jun 12, 2016
desoul2004:
Phone No. 08077100297

the notorious nairaland scammer awaritete Emmanuel has fed fat with lot of nlders money here. He must have built a duplex with millions he has scammed from nlders.

Pic one- when he started years ago as a nobody
Pic 2- after feeding fat with nlders. You can see his chicks

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by kennyman2000(m): 4:37am On Jun 12, 2016
BizBloke:

Was it not this same guy in January? Now again!

its the same guy! I just tire.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by magicfinger1: 5:16am On Jun 12, 2016
EnterPRO:
has anyone done business with this seller please?
It is even finished sef. The guy that got scammed by awaritfe contacted me earlier and I told him to wait till Friday. I guess he was in a hurry. I only sell bits for now not more than 50$. But I don't have now until Fri or sat.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eghosa1(m): 7:06am On Jun 12, 2016
desoul2004:
Phone No. 08077100297

Reading this on a Sunday morning is heart wrenching > #HospitalBill.

Awaritefe, please return the money if you're seeing this. Reach out and do so.

Desoul2004, as Kenny said not all that glitters is gold and if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Some rates are outrageous and such is that which you fell for. At least you get to learn from this.

Quickly make a call to UBA and inform them of His treachery and let them put a hold on his account while you try to get a police extract by Monday to fish His KYC details out and take it from there. Trust me, the police can help you.

Also, If the fund is not so much, you can ensure the hold is placed on His account with the bank authorized to contact the police whever he attempts to withdraw.

If it's much, I advise that you pursue this fellow to the creeks. He is a Nigerian and He sure can fished out. The dude must have done His BVN so the hold will affect all His accounts.

Sorry about the loss once more. Let's hope it's temporary.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2016
magicfinger1:
It is even finished sef. The guy that got scammed by awaritfe contacted me earlier and I told him to wait till Friday. I guess he was in a hurry. I only sell bits for now not more than 50$. But I don't have now until Fri or sat.

yeah, in case of next time.

any references?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gabman700: 7:12am On Jun 12, 2016
agarawu23:
the notorious nairaland scammer awaritete Emmanuel has fed fat with lot of nlders money here. He must have built a duplex with millions he has scammed from nlders.

Pic one- when he started years ago as a nobody
Pic 2- after feeding fat with nlders. You can see his chicks

Bro, I do not think you have an idea who this guy is. He has imitated a lot of nairalander's moniker. Even used several people pictures.
Ask arbitrage he will also show you some pictures.
Visit his facebook page and you will see false information.
I will want you to consider removing the picture so you don't make angry guys lynch innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Adinije(f): 7:27am On Jun 12, 2016
This is really getting out of hand. But I wonder why people don't do proper research before parting with their. If the victim had done a proper research on the name, this wouldn't had happened.

Money is hard to come by abeg. Before you send money to any account, copy the account details run a search on Nl and Google.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by magicfinger1: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2016
EnterPRO:

yeah, in case of next time.

any references?

NO REFERENCES
there is no Neteller on ground now and the price wont be 345 on Friday.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lordmayor4(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2016
Eghosa1:

Desoul2004, as Kenny said not all that glitters is gold and if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Some rates are outrageous and such is that which you fell for. At least you get to learn from this.

Quickly make a call to UBA and inform them of His treachery and let them put a hold on his account while you try to get a police extract by Monday to fish His KYC details out and take it from there. Trust me, the police can help you.

Also, If the fund is not so much, you can ensure the hold is placed on His account with the bank authorized to contact the police whever he attempts to withdraw.

If it's much, I advise that you pursue this fellow to the creeks. He is a Nigerian and He sure can fished out. The dude must have done His BVN so the hold will affect all His accounts.

If it's awaritete that has been on NL since time immemorial, don't bother he won't ever return anything.
Sometimes I wonder if the banks work with him cos no one has succeeded in recovering any scammed fund from him and he keeps scamming daily with many NL handles.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 9:07am On Jun 12, 2016
magicfinger1:

NO REFERENCES
there is no Neteller on ground now and the price wont be 345 on Friday.

OK, no probs.

just that your moniker reminds me of another.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Sadiq3051(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2016
Registering a payoneer card will ease your withdrawal , as you can sell the funds to exchangers here on nairaland and outside ....click the link below to register

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR YOUR PAYONEER MASTER CARD
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lordkay10(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2016
I've been following the case of this notorious Awaritefe on NL for a while, the guy is smart and in fact he's a very active member of this forum, I believe he spends nothing less than 12 hrs daily going through threads on the business section looking for posts he can pounce on(I know he's reading this post as well)
A classic example was his case with tumababa, he knows tumababa to be very active and a veteran in the business section, so he had to give him account details which didn't contain his real names which would definitely raise eyebrows immediately, but in his case with desoul2004 he observed that the guy is probably new here or he's not an active member(he must have checked out his profile and posts on NL) so he gave the account details with the 'Awaritefe' since he knew the guy won't be conversant with that name.
I have done a few transactions on NL with about 7 monikers, most times I sent funds first - Bizbloke and Ayo8 comes to mind, but I've never got scammed(not that I'm too smart, anyone can fall victim of scam) just because I do due diligence on any moniker I want to transact with, especially those ones that are not so popular, there are a few monikers I can deal with without any hassles as they are more like household names here on NL (this is not any form of recommendation) - legalwealth, arbitrage, ymodulus, tosinjay, e.t.c (this list is by no means conclusive)
For newbies on this business section, I have the following recommendations to guide you in having a safer dealing(this is by no means a rule of thumb):
1) take some time to study the thread and establish which members are 'trusted' sellers/buyers
2) always request and run a check on the moniker of the person you want to transact with
3) it is safer to transact with monikers registered up to 3 years and above(you can still get scammed, go to the next line)
4) use the NL search button to conduct a check on every details of the individual e.g phone number, account number, account names, real name, moniker, company name, e.t.c one after the other
5) if you're still in doubt make a post and ask older members for advice
6) when it's too good to be true, please exercise great caution! caveat: not all cases in this category is scam, e.g gabman700 (a 'trusted' seller) sells amazon gift cards at 265/$ but some other people sell theirs at 275-285/$
7) finally, use you instincts, if you find any reason not to transact with the person, call off the deal
Wish everyone safer dealings and a happy Sunday!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by magicfinger1: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2016
EnterPRO:

OK, no probs.

just that your name reminds me of Softhands.

Bros forget the Neteller I already have a buyer for Friday ,if you are interested in us dollars ,there will be 300$ cash in ibadan in 2 weeks time black market rate,you can wait for that one
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eghosa1(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2016
lordmayor4:

If it's awaritete that has been on NL since time immemorial, don't bother he won't ever return anything.
Sometimes I wonder if the banks work with him cos no one has succeeded in recovering any scammed fund from him and he keeps scamming daily with many NL handles.

Sad one. I hope he gets to rot in jail soon.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
naira2usd2naira:

This same Awaritefe!!....hmmmmm
He has been scamming people since 2010 here on NL....different account, different numbers, different formats, same surname but different first name!!....Also i know he has alot of accomplices here on NL and this is why business thrives for him.....

He can be caught, very easily in Nigeria, will just cost some money, time and a XXXX....
Sorry bro....its the risk of the business....

My question (for which I know I might probably get banned...again but I will ask it anyways) is this: what are the mods and admins doing about this? Why are they doing nothing about this? This is Nairaland for crying out loud! Where mods can easily ban you for making a simple comment that isn't to their taste, not because you broke any rule or something...I'm sure we have all (ok, maybe not all but some of us at least) been at the receiving end of a ban from a one mod or the other who didn't like our post/comment. And yet we have someone breaking a cardinal rule for more than 5years and he is still going strong and thriving to the extent of being so bold to use his name...nah, something is definitely not right somewhere...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Manutd19: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
This is so sad. It happens here alot. Same happened to me late feb/early march. A guy by the name Ogbo Raph (ogboraph) on the fx thread advertised neteller fund. Sent him 49k to balance 3k for a $200 neteller fund and till today i didn't get the $200 fund nor my money back. He doesn't pick my call. It was later i got to know he scams people alot.
Hopefully they all get fished out.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
kennyman2000:

Lol.. bizboke, lagtech and other intelligent nairalanders tried getting him but hell no! he be like say, the guy dey use jazz sef

Truth is: the mods and admin can fish him out if they really wanted to. The guy is a scam artist for crying out loud. He's not a hacker, at least not from what I have seen and read so far, so unless he is a hacker and a damn good one for that matter, it wouldn't take the admins much to fish him out, but they are all sitting on their asses, allowing him free reign. I repeat again: something ain't right somewhere...abi the guy sef na mod? #food for thought o...e fit be a jekyl and Hyde kinda guy...mod by legit biz, and his alter ego na scammer
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hi, is ther any website someone can recommend to buy airtime online with a US-bank issued visa or mastercard? I've looked at a few websites but their costs are way off eg. boss revolution has 10 usd for a N1500 mtn really? and recharge.com is selling N1930 mtn for 10 usd. Is there any website that has reasonable exchange rates (10 usd for N2500 or N3000 would be fair) so i'll feel like im getting value for my money? Or is there some avenue to exchange my dollars for naira online at fair market rates and buy a recharge card? I don't have a naira account or naira issued card. Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Eghosa1:

You just hit the nail on the head.The bvn would enable them put hold on all his account and also he should contact the bank,i believe the bank and police should be able to help
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dagr8(m): 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
desoul2004:
Phone No. 08077100297

Guy pele, but I offered you 330, you no even look my side. Sad one sha cry....This Awaritete no wan repent o undecided
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by SimacSMSplus: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
desoul2004:
Phone No. 08077100297

Shaaii.... D guy don get alert, nah still Godwin
That's why it's good to transact with registered companies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.