Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. (5124 Views)

Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's / The True & Sad Story Of How Afonja Lost Ilorin And Its Kingship To The Fulanis / Are Yoruba Changing Bight Of Benin To Bight Of Oyo? Or Was It Truly Bight Of Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by jrjfjfj: 7:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Let me address them by also delving into some historical perspectives too.

1. Kwara is complicated. Only Ilorin made a submission at various Punlic Hearings that they want to stay in the North. By saying that, they think they are speaking for the Ilorin Emirate as a whole but 90% of Asa and Moro want to go to the SW. Remember that Ilorin's origin is Yoruba.

When the Fulani came they intermarried extensively to create an elite class that call the shots and identify with the North to maintain their privilege. The Oba of Ilorin before Sulu Gambari the 1st had the title, Oba Aiyelabowo the 2nd. Other people called him Emir but realising his strong Yoruba roots he called himself Oba Aiyelabowo II. In the 80s and 90s onwards the elite of Ilorin began to identify with the North more and more. Most of even these elites bear Yoruba names and can't speak any Hausa at all. The current Emir of Ilorin ascended the throne as KOLAPO Sulu Gambari. In order not to be called a Yoruba man by his fellow Northern Emirs, he later dropped the KOLAPO. The present Chief of Staff to the President is Ibrahim AGBOOLA Gambari - he can't speak Hausa. You heard of LANRE Kawu, OLANREWAJU Suleiman etc etc.

Virtually all of them have a Yoruba name because Ilorin is Yoruba. Is there any other language in the whole of Ilorin Emirate except Yoruba? No major one. The Father of the present Governor of Kwara State was from Ilesa. He was the first Northern Nigerian lawyer. I knew him VERY well. I remember in the 80s that some Ilorin elites opposed his ambition to be governor because "He was a non indigene". There are even some of these elite who have both first, middle and surname Yoruba names. The rest of Ilorin Emirate population is still 90% indigenous Yorubas.

2. The whole of Kwara South- IGBOMINA (Ifelodun and Irepodun), EKITI and OYUN (Ibolo Offa, Erin, .Ojoku, Ipee) have firmly declared to go to the S.W. Both Eruku and Koro are in Ifelodun LGA)

3. Lokoja was part of old Oyo Empire and is originally an Oworo settlement. The current Maigeri is a Kano man. That is the manipulation of the Caliphate of Northern Nigera. The Olu of Oworo lives on Oworoland (Lokoja). There is currently a court case between the Maigeri and the Oworo People to establish the fact of ownership. Unfortunately or fortunately the two lawyers representing both sides are OKUN (Bayo Ojo SAN, for the Maigeri and John Baiyesea SAN for our Oworo Okun People). It is hoped that the case will be settled in favour of the owners of the land. Suffice to say that apart from Igala and Ebira who are in Lokoja mainly as workers and will go back to their own native homes, Lokoja is 70% Okun/Oworo and other Yorubas.

4. Now for Nupe populations of Abugi (originally Abuji), Buddon, Patigi (originally Patiji) and others South of the Niger River. Except Pategi which originally is a mix of Yoruba and Nupe as a trading post between the Oyo Empire and the Nupe, but became more predominantly Nupe after the collapse of the Oyo Empire and the Nupe invasion) all the other settlements post dated the Nupe invasion.

5. Now what will happen with these Nupe settlements, Ilorin and the Yagba settlements in Kwara?. We Okun are demanding for the implementation of the Report of the Willink's Commission, i.e that all Minorities who find themselves cut off from their majority tribes should be given the right, through a referendum, either to remain as a minority in the place where they find themselves or to be merged with their majority nations.

We in Okun say we are Yoruba and the land on which we dwell is Yorubaland. We are therefore not Northerners. We want to rejoin the SW Yoruba. (Yesterday, I still saw a Yoruba document which lists all the States in the SW as Ekiti, Kwara, Lagos, Ogun, Okun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo).

After the referendums, there will be boundary adjustments to reflect the reality on ground. What applies to us will apply to others too. I expect that Pategi, Abugi, Buddon etc which are predominantly Nupe will vote to join Niger State (while some other minorities in Niger State will leave too)..

I expect the Gbagyi to demand for an autonomous State of their own while the Nupe have their own. Borgu will likely leave too. The Yagba in Kwara by that same referendum process will decide whether they want to remain there or join Okun. I have no idea about the current feelings in Eruku and Koro but I am sure Agboro and co will join the rest of Yagba

The indigenous population of Ilorin Emirate will outvote the Fulani elite if a fair and free referendum is allowed in which case Ilorin's preference for the North will not hold.

There remain two other areas of Kwara. The Lafiagi Nupe will likely vote to merge with a Nupe State or feel that they are getting benefits in Kwara which they cannot get in Nupe State.

Finally there is the Baruba who border with Niger Republic. They border Oyo State to the South and Benin Republic (Parakou Borgu) to the West. Those in Kaima LGA and include settlements like Okuta, Yashikira, Ilesa Baruba, Babana etc are Baruba People. The people of Kaima itself and surrounding settlements are Kemberi. I was in Ilesa Baruba some time in 2019. It's like any other Yoruba town. In fact the tarred road from Saki stops less than 1km from Ilesa Baruba. Some 11km away is Igboho. The Baruba People have never been part of the Sokoto Caliphate.

What is interesting to note is that the Baruba army fought on the side of the Yoruba against the Jihad Army and helped to defeat it. Another interesting thing is that a lot of Ogbomoso people are Baruba. In fact the Oriki and praise songs of the Soun of Ogbomoso make mention of ancestry of the Ogbomoso Ruling House to be Baruba. Baruba area is the most neglected part of Kwara State. Most of the bit of civilisation and facilities they get come from Oke Ogun of Oyo State.

My permutation is that the Baruba of Kwara State may vote to join Oke Ogun of Oyo State with who they have far more afinity than the rest of Kwara.

Geography also dictates that the Baruba are really cut off from the rest of Kwara so development has not reached them . The prospects from Oyo State is better.. If this works it will be to the great advantage of the Baruba who will promptly leave Kwara.

Sorry this is long but I have gone into some details to enlighten our young people. The powers that be in the North abolished the teaching of History in schools so that details of the minority Status of the Fulani will be kept hidden.

Ignorance of facts on the ground will also prevent agitations for freedom. The new masters will not want people to know that they are IMPOSTORS. That is why I tell histories on this platform whenever there is an opportunity.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by efighter: 7:13am On Nov 30, 2021
Ilorin people are suffering from psychological disorders and mental slavery to the Fulanis. One of my four grannies is from Ilorin and I go to Ilorin at least once in a quarter, i also schooled at one of the polytechnics in Kwara State, so i know Kwara people well. Only Ilorin people have this mental slavery, other people of Kwara do not want o be associated with the blood sucking Fulanis.

9 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 30, 2021
This, here on the nairaland I know will never see the frontpage. It's an educative article free from all forms of divisive tendencies.
Prove me wrong
Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2021
efighter:
Ilorin people are suffering from psychological disorders and mental slavery to the Fulanis. One of my four grannies is from Ilorin and I go to Ilorin at least once in a quarter, i also schooled at one of the polytechnics in Kwara State, so i know Kwara people well. Only Ilorin people have this mental slavery, other people of Kwara do not want o be associated with the blood sucking Fulanis.
Speak for the people you know alone.

A lot of Ilorin people I know are not suffering from what you're talking about

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2021
The whole of Lokoja does not belong to the Yorubas, just some part of it.

Anybody can correct me with facts sha

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 30, 2021
The title Oba is just as alien to the "yorubas" as the title emir. The only owner of the title Oba lives in Benin city. His title means king of kings. I wish yoruba would know themselves before their constant guessing of history.

jrjfjfj:

1. Kwara is complicated. Only Ilorin made a submission at various Punlic Hearings that they want to stay in the North. By saying that, they think they are speaking for the Ilorin Emirate as a whole but 90% of Asa and Moro want to go to the SW. Remember that Ilorin's origin is Yoruba.

When the Fulani came they intermarried extensively to create an elite class that call the shots and identify with the North to maintain their privilege. The Oba of Ilorin before Sulu Gambari the 1st had the title, Oba Aiyelabowo the 2nd. Other people called him Emir but realising his strong Yoruba roots he called himself Oba Aiyelabowo II. In the 80s and 90s onwards the elite of Ilorin began to identify with the North more and more. Most of even these elites bear Yoruba names and can't speak any Hausa at all. The current Emir of Ilorin ascended the throne as KOLAPO Sulu Gambari. In order not to be called a Yoruba man by his fellow Northern Emirs, he later dropped the KOLAPO. The present Chief of Staff to the President is Ibrahim AGBOOLA Gambari - he can't speak Hausa. You heard of LANRE Kawu, OLANREWAJU Suleiman etc etc.

Virtually all of them have a Yoruba name because Ilorin is Yoruba. Is there any other language in the whole of Ilorin Emirate except Yoruba? No major one. The Father of the present Governor of Kwara State was from Ilesa. He was the first Northern Nigerian lawyer. I knew him VERY well. I remember in the 80s that some Ilorin elites opposed his ambition to be governor because "He was a non indigene". There are even some of these elite who have both first, middle and surname Yoruba names. The rest of Ilorin Emirate population is still 90% indigenous Yorubas.

2. The whole of Kwara South- IGBOMINA (Ifelodun and Irepodun), EKITI and OYUN (Ibolo Offa, Erin, .Ojoku, Ipee) have firmly declared to go to the S.W. Both Eruku and Koro are in Ifelodun LGA)

3. Lokoja was part of old Oyo Empire and is originally an Oworo settlement. The current Maigeri is a Kano man. That is the manipulation of the Caliphate of Northern Nigera. The Olu of Oworo lives on Oworoland (Lokoja). There is currently a court case between the Maigeri and the Oworo People to establish the fact of ownership. Unfortunately or fortunately the two lawyers representing both sides are OKUN (Bayo Ojo SAN, for the Maigeri and John Baiyesea SAN for our Oworo Okun People). It is hoped that the case will be settled in favour of the owners of the land. Suffice to say that apart from Igala and Ebira who are in Lokoja mainly as workers and will go back to their own native homes, Lokoja is 70% Okun/Oworo and other Yorubas.

4. Now for Nupe populations of Abugi (originally Abuji), Buddon, Patigi (originally Patiji) and others South of the Niger River. Except Pategi which originally is a mix of Yoruba and Nupe as a trading post between the Oyo Empire and the Nupe, but became more predominantly Nupe after the collapse of the Oyo Empire and the Nupe invasion) all the other settlements post dated the Nupe invasion.

5. Now what will happen with these Nupe settlements, Ilorin and the Yagba settlements in Kwara?. We Okun are demanding for the implementation of the Report of the Willink's Commission, i.e that all Minorities who find themselves cut off from their majority tribes should be given the right, through a referendum, either to remain as a minority in the place where they find themselves or to be merged with their majority nations.

We in Okun say we are Yoruba and the land on which we dwell is Yorubaland. We are therefore not Northerners. We want to rejoin the SW Yoruba. (Yesterday, I still saw a Yoruba document which lists all the States in the SW as Ekiti, Kwara, Lagos, Ogun, Okun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo).

After the referendums, there will be boundary adjustments to reflect the reality on ground. What applies to us will apply to others too. I expect that Pategi, Abugi, Buddon etc which are predominantly Nupe will vote to join Niger State (while some other minorities in Niger State will leave too)..

I expect the Gbagyi to demand for an autonomous State of their own while the Nupe have their own. Borgu will likely leave too. The Yagba in Kwara by that same referendum process will decide whether they want to remain there or join Okun. I have no idea about the current feelings in Eruku and Koro but I am sure Agboro and co will join the rest of Yagba

The indigenous population of Ilorin Emirate will outvote the Fulani elite if a fair and free referendum is allowed in which case Ilorin's preference for the North will not hold.

There remain two other areas of Kwara. The Lafiagi Nupe will likely vote to merge with a Nupe State or feel that they are getting benefits in Kwara which they cannot get in Nupe State.

Finally there is the Baruba who border with Niger Republic. They border Oyo State to the South and Benin Republic (Parakou Borgu) to the West. Those in Kaima LGA and include settlements like Okuta, Yashikira, Ilesa Baruba, Babana etc are Baruba People. The people of Kaima itself and surrounding settlements are Kemberi. I was in Ilesa Baruba some time in 2019. It's like any other Yoruba town. In fact the tarred road from Saki stops less than 1km from Ilesa Baruba. Some 11km away is Igboho. The Baruba People have never been part of the Sokoto Caliphate.

What is interesting to note is that the Baruba army fought on the side of the Yoruba against the Jihad Army and helped to defeat it. Another interesting thing is that a lot of Ogbomoso people are Baruba. In fact the Oriki and praise songs of the Soun of Ogbomoso make mention of ancestry of the Ogbomoso Ruling House to be Baruba. Baruba area is the most neglected part of Kwara State. Most of the bit of civilisation and facilities they get come from Oke Ogun of Oyo State.

My permutation is that the Baruba of Kwara State may vote to join Oke Ogun of Oyo State with who they have far more afinity than the rest of Kwara.

Geography also dictates that the Baruba are really cut off from the rest of Kwara so development has not reached them . The prospects from Oyo State is better.. If this works it will be to the great advantage of the Baruba who will promptly leave Kwara.

Sorry this is long but I have gone into some details to enlighten our young people. The powers that be in the North abolished the teaching of History in schools so that details of the minority Status of the Fulani will be kept hidden.

Ignorance of facts on the ground will also prevent agitations for freedom. The new masters will not want people to know that they are IMPOSTORS. That is why I tell histories on this platform whenever there is an opportunity.
Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by scholes0(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Truthvalue41:
The title Oba is just as alien to the "yorubas" as the title emir. The only owner of the title Oba lives in Benin city. His title means king of kings. I wish yoruba would know themselves before their constant guessing of history.

lol another Benin on the rampage from their whatsapp and Facebook meeting to steal Yoruba heritage.
Obalufon, Obameri, Oba Olu Aye, and Obatala are Benin characters I guess..... Better go back to your "Ogie" title if you want to be seen as real Igodomigodo…. It’s so funny because every single tribe in Edo state knows this except the fraction of Binis bent on hiding truth . grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by gregyboy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
scholes0:

lol another Benin on the rampage to steal Yoruba heritage.
Obalufon and Obatala are Benin characters I guess..... Better go back to your Ogie title if you want to be seen as real Igodomigodo. grin

The word oba belongs to the benins

Ogie is a generic word for royalty, the Supreme leader of all royalty(ogie) in benin is called oba,

Just as we have emirs and a sultan, the sultan cant be called an emir
. In the British royalty a Duke cant be called a king it is only meant for one person alone that is distinction,

But only the yorubas in the whole world defy such language structure, because it was during colonization that they accepted the word oba as a generic title for kingship to gain popularity just like the oba of benin and they neglected the title like olu.... Which was the original title for kingship in Yoruba language

This is how far the benin lordship sank in the entire yorubaland the benin kingship in the heart of kwara state omouaran town ...

The word obatala and co were coined by Samuel johson in 1897 to make his frictional books om Yoruba sell to Europeans

Tao11

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
scholes0:

Obalufon and Obatala are Benin characters I guess..... Better go back to your Ogie title if you want to be seen as real Igodomigodo. grin
1)How old is "obatala" ? And what makes you think it is not a representation of the Oba of Benin ? In case you don't know, the Oba of Benin's ancestors used to be worshiped in shrines.
2) igodomigodo is a fairytale, it has nothing to do with reality, we are Benin empire, that is reality.
3) the only title which was reported for the Oba of Benin in the precolonial era is Oba, not "ogie", incidentally, no yoruba monarch bared the Oba title until it was copied by adesoji aderemi who was previously addressed as " oni of Ife, sir adesoji aderemi" and changed it to "oni of Ife, oba adesoji aderemi"

4) the title of the Oba of Benin is "Oba", that of the Oni of Ife is "Oni", that of the alafin of oyo is "alafin".

5) the title Oba belongs to the Oba of Benin only, regardless of whether yoruba deities have it as prefixes on their names. Incidentally Obaseki which is an Edo name also has the word Oba on it. My name (on my father's side) also has the word Oba on it. Many non Latin people also have the word cezar on their names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by babasolution: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
The Yoruba are not an effective people they can be likened to the Hausa the Yoruba are just a southern representation of the Hausa,they can easily b enslaved

1 Like

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by macof(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
scholes0:

the way inferiority complex chokes them and their aggressive psychological response to that every single day is just laughable grin

They can't even read the room, that nobody takes them seriously

8 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by babasolution: 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
The Yorubas were aren't a great people,no historical evidence to prove,their history as been one of defeat and enslavement

1 Like

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Balogunodua(m): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
gregyboy:

The word oba belongs to the benins

Ogie is a generic word for royalty, the Supreme leader of all royalty(ogie) in benin is called oba,

Just as we have emirs and a sultan, the sultan cant be called an emir
. In the British royalty a Duke cant be called a king it is only meant for one person alone that is distinction,

But only the yorubas in the whole world defy such language structure, because it was during colonization that they accepted the word oba as a generic title for kingship to gain popularity just like the oba of benin and they neglected the title like olu.... Which was the original title for kingship in Yoruba language

This is how far the benin lordship sank in the entire yorubaland the benin kingship in the heart of kwara state omouaran town ...

The word obatala and co were coined by Samuel johson in 1897 to make his frictional books om Yoruba sell to Europeans

Tao11

Grey...when will you stop typing rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Balogunodua(m): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
jrjfjfj:

Maigeri commands no respect in lokoja..know this and know peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Balogunodua(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The whole of Lokoja does not belong to the Yorubas, just some part of it.

Anybody can correct me with facts sha
The largest part of lokoja belongs to (Okun) Yorubas.

6 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2021
There was never an oyo empire, oyo was a small weakling kingdom which got pulverised by fulani.
Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by babasolution: 9:24am On Dec 01, 2021
Truthvalue41:
There was never an oyo empire, oyo was a small weakling kingdom which got pulverised by fulani.

I believe this too,if you study about the so called oyo empire,it's filled with inconsistency and lies,the Yorubas were not as great as they like to portray themselves

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2021
babasolution:

I believe this too,if you study about the so called oyo empire,it's filled with inconsistency and lies,the Yorubas were not as great as they like to portray themselves

The thing is the yorubas are a bunch of unrelated groups of people (slave returnees, expat dahomians, jebu, oyos...), so they created a fake history for themselves in order to claim they are related, they even tried to add us Edos into their fake history. Basically they tried to turn the old western region into a tribe and they borrowed the name yoruba to name that tribe. The name yoruba is a derivation of the name yarrib.a which is an other word for the oyo kingdom.
Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by samuk: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Oyo empire is just another yoruba lie. Oyo was a little village who was constantly being terrorised by her neighbours, the Alaafin often relied on the Oba of Benin military strength because Oyo paid tributes to Benin.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by macof(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
samuk:
Oyo empire is just another yoruba lie. Oyo was a little village who was constantly being terrorised by her neighbours, the Alaafin often relied on the Oba of Benin military strength because Oyo paid tributes to Benin.
. Lmao. Even you don't believe this grin

11 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by samuk: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
macof:
. Lmao. Even you don't believe this grin

You should have simply asked for proof and allow me to lecture you as usual. grin

You should have known by now that I don't just make claims I can't back up with proofs.

There are no independent eyewitnesses to the so called Oyo empire. When the British arrived Oyo for the the first time in 1824, they met an alaafin that was being terrorised by his neighbours. The Alaafin had requested/begged and was waiting for Oba of Benin army to come save him and his people.

If you want reference to the eyewitness historical account, let me know.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by macof(m): 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
samuk:

You should have simply asked for proof and allow me to lecture you as usual. grin

You should have known by now that I don't just make claims I can't back up with proofs.

There are no independent eyewitnesses to the so called Oyo empire. When the British arrived Oyo for the the first time in 1824, they met an alaafin that was being terrorised by his neighbours. The Alaafin had requested/begged and was waiting for Oba of Benin army to come save him and his people.

If you want reference to the eyewitness historical account, let me know.

Lmao

And this is Eye witness historical account that Oyo was never an empire?

How is that even possible grin
Lmao, think about what you just said, like think about that very well

8 Likes

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by samuk: 8:10am On Dec 02, 2021
macof:

Lmao

Eye witness historical account that Oyo was never an empire?

How is that even possible grin
Lmao, think about what you just said, like think about that very well

Incase what I wrote is too much for you to grasp, let me unpack it little by little.

1. Yoruba claimed that Oyo was an empire.

I am saying that outside of this Yoruba claim and few hearsay, there are no independent eyewitnesses to this so called Oyo empire.

2. Apart from the yoruba making this claim, the Europeans who visited Nigeria and West Africa region between 1400s to 1800s never witnessed your so called Oyo empire. All that was ever written by Europeans were hearsay accounts.

3. If Oyo empire existed, it would have been visited by the various Europeans that repeatedly visited Benin between 1400s to 1800s.

4. Benin was one of few Africa/Black civilisation without the influence of the Middle East. Most Africa civilisations are tainted by middle eastern civilisation.

5. Yoruba couldn't even create a fictitious Ife civilisation without importing an Oduduwa from the middle eastern countries of Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

6. Benin was the only black civilisation in the Nigeria space.

7. Oyo wasn't an empire, no one knows about Oyo empire outside of Nigeria, Oyo empire only exists in the imagination of yoruba people.

8. Benin is known and studied worldwide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by gregyboy(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
samuk:

Incase what I wrote is too much for you to grasp, let me unpack it little by little.

1. Yoruba claimed that Oyo was an empire.

I am saying that outside of this Yoruba claim and few hearsay, there are no independent eyewitnesses to this so called Oyo empire.

2. Apart from the yoruba making this claim, the Europeans who visited Nigeria and West Africa region between 1400s to 1800s never witnessed your so called Oyo empire. All that was ever written by Europeans were hearsay accounts.

3. If Oyo empire existed, it would have been visited by the various Europeans that repeatedly visited Benin between 1400s to 1800s.

4. Benin was one of few Africa/Black civilisation without the influence of the Middle East. Most Africa civilisations are tainted by middle eastern civilisation.

5. Yoruba couldn't even create a fictitious Ife civilisation without importing an Oduduwa from the middle eastern countries of Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

6. Benin was the only black civilisation in the Nigeria space.

7. Oyo wasn't an empire, no one knows about Oyo empire outside of Nigeria, Oyo empire only exists in the imagination of yoruba people.

8. Benin is known and studied worldwide.

Comrade calm down small, before your action unknowingly bring in another lying machine like tao11 that took us time to curtail... grin grin

She is somewhere scratching d surface of the earth to bring something against us

1 Like

Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by agadez007(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
Attaché by force

Even Abuja is a Yoruba town
Nonsense and ingredient
Re: Ilorin And Lokoja Are Yoruba Towns. by samuk: 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
gregyboy:

Comrade calm down small, before your action unknowingly bring in another lying machine like tao11 that took us time to curtail... grin grin

She is somewhere scratching d surface of the earth to bring something against us

Tao11 is out of business for now. She has been avoiding my post since my thread on the origin of Oduduwa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iria Festival In Okrika Rivers State(photo) / is it proper to get pregnant at the age of 18? / The Bloodiest Battles In African Histroy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.