Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World (1097 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
The End of the World

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. ” — Matthew 16:28

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” Luke 21:32-33

“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.” — Romans 13:11-12

“Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.” — James 5:8

“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” — 1 John 2:18

“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” — 1 Peter 4:7

These words were written between 1800 and 1900 years ago and were meant to warn and prepare the first Christians for the immediate end of the world. Some words are those supposedly straight out of the mouth of the “Son of God.” The world did not end 1800 or 1900 years ago. All that generation passed away without any of the things foretold coming to pass. No amount of prayer brought it about; nor ever so much patience and belief and sober living. The world went on, as usual, indifferent to the spoutings of yet another batch of doomsday prophets with visions of messiahs dancing in their deluded brains. The world, by surviving, makes the above passages contradictions.

1 Like

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
Continue....when the time is ripe you will have your encounter just like Saul, you can increase your passion alongside thinking you're on top. When the time is right, i will be waiting patiently to read again.

3 Likes

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
BMathew:
Continue....when the time is ripe you will have your encounter just like Saul, you can increase your passion alongside thinking you're on top. When the time is right, i will be waiting patiently to read again.

Attack the message and not the messenger.

Saul saw one light wey call itself Jesus and became Paul. Paul then went to become the greatest of Jesus disciple that wrote half of the New testament even more than the 11 disciples combined!

I dey suspect that bright light!

1 Like

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

Attack the message and not the messenger.

Saul saw one light wey call itself Jesus and became Paul. Paul then went to become the greatest of Jesus disciple that wrote half of the New testament even more than the 11 disciples combined!

Every individual has potentials and area of specialization but it can be channel to a wrong course. That's why when some people are bad they're really very bad and now that they're good they must be very good.

As touching to the post, the scripture is not giving for mere personal interpretation. The same word yesterday, today and forever. His Word is Yes and Amen.
I won't be surprise if you believe so much in inherited juju books used in invoking familiar spirits written in unknown years, you may possibly fear them and never want to tamper with their anger yet you're here kicking against the bricks thinking it's fun filled.
It is just for a moment, i will be waiting to hear the other story from you soon. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

Don't you know every individual had potentials where you channel yours really matters, when some people were bad, people used to know them that they were really bad and now that they turn from their wickedness or ignorance to embrace the good, they're always good and very good as well.

1 Like

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Matthew 16v28, talking about rapture, it is going to be the greatest event on Earth. There's no contradiction and it wasn't vain repeatition. One of the signs of this great events lies in your Monicker.
Some motivational speakers might have coined word like "World without end for you" but the truth is He is coming...all the eyes shall see him.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
BMathew:
Matthew 16v28, talking about rapture, it is going to be the greatest event on Earth. There's no contradiction and it wasn't vain repeatition. One of the signs of this great events lies in your Monicker.
Some motivational speakers might have coined word like "World without end for you" but the truth is He is coming...all the eyes shall see him.

He is coming I believe but definitely not when Jesus said the statement below:
“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. ” — Matthew 16:28

Somethings are inexplicable even by the Holy Spirit!
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

I'm happy you know he's coming and good to know you believe it as well.
Do you know the scripture wasn't written in English language, so interpretation some words from Hebrew, Greek...they use the word very close to what they tends to interpret.
That verse wasn't saying, some people in the days of Jesus will still be alive to see rapture but "there are some standing here" means there would still be people living on this Earth that will experience this.... And you know during the millennials reign what bible said about death.
If you're reading the Bible don't just read KJV and think you already grasp, atleast read multiple version, AMP, ESV and possibly get bible concordance to avoid jumping into conclusion.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=AntiChristian post=1080884

Somethings are inexplicable even by the Holy Spirit![/quote]

There's absolutely nothing called mystery that holy spirit cannot reveal to you.
KJV:Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col1v26,
KJV:But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1cor2v10.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
BMathew:

I'm happy you know he's coming and good to know you believe it as well.
Do you know the scripture wasn't written in English language, so interpretation some words from Hebrew, Greek...they use the word very close to what they tends to interpret.
That verse wasn't saying, some people in the days of Jesus will still be alive to see rapture but "there are some standing here" means there would still be people living on this Earth that will experience this.... And you know during the millennials reign what bible said about death.
If you're reading the Bible don't just read KJV and think you already grasp, atleast read multiple version, AMP, ESV and possibly get bible concordance to avoid jumping into conclusion.

No dey twist Bible verse remember the curses in revelation ooo!
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

No dey twist Bible verse remember the curses in revelation ooo!

Just letting you to know sir, if you read a comprehension passage in your elementary school, if you don't understand you don't assume you do. You waits for your teacher to explain explicitly for you then you can grasp in-depth knowledge.
Imagine reading a verse that says, some people here will still be alive" "here" is a present continuous tense.
So you need holy Spirit to reveal what is hidden unto you. So many things are hide for us but are not hidden from us.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
BMathew:

Just letting you to know sir, if you read a comprehension passage in your elementary school, if you don't understand you don't assume you do. You waits for your teacher to explain explicitly for you then you can grasp in-depth knowledge.
Imagine reading a verse that says, some people here will still be alive" "here" is a present continuous tense.
So you need holy Spirit to reveal what is hidden unto you. So many things are hide for us but are not hidden from us.

Bros stop telling lies for Christ! See the phrase below in bold! It emphasises the verse above it. They are all lies!

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” — Luke 21:32-33
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by BMathew: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

Bros stop telling lies for Christ! See the phrase below in bold! It emphasises the verse above it. They are all lies!

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” — Luke 21:32-33

I leave you with your thought then.
Shalom
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by thatsleepboy1: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by OtemAtum: 9:14am On Dec 03, 2021
Both the bible and the Quran are the byproducts of imprisoned gods, Jehovah and Allah. We don't need these books in the AGE OF AQUARIUS. The errors of these books are very clear to everyone in this era

2 Likes

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by LordReed(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
BMathew:
...all the eyes shall see him.

As massive as the sun is we don’t all see the sun at once, how then will all eyes see Jesus? Even if he is on TV and live Web broadcast, you know not everybody has a TV or a smartphone so how exactly would all eyes see him? Will he be in multiple places at once or he'll multiply himself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by allahIsAnIDOL: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
I gave you hot chase before and now you're trying hard to impress allah in his kaaba....

WHO IS allah?

Muslims use the remotest language possible to describe Allah. They try
to make him as transcendent as possible in order to discourage people from conducting research on him. If you ask a Muslim to define Allah, he will just beat about the bush, ascribing attributes to him that neither belong to him nor befit him. But Allah is not as mysterious as Islam
would like the world to believe. He has been at the Kaaba stone all along. Certainly, Christians have not prayed enough to displace him and we may never do so until he meets his doom in the valley of Megiddo.
Some say that the word Allah was or is derived from the Syriac Alaha. But the name Allah was in existence long before Islam. That is evidenced from the name Abdullah (meaning servant of Allah) the name of Muhammad's father. The question is this: To whom was this name originally revealed? Certainly none of the Biblical prophets ever referred to it. There is absolutely no trace of that name in the Bible. It is Arabic, not Israelite. But in the mind of Islamic scholars, anything (negative or positive) done to further the cause of Islam is justifiable, so they can lie and claim that the name of allah was revealed to Adam, Abraham or even Ishmael. Lies can be told about those patriarchs because they have been dead a long time and aren't around to refute any false claims. And they never leave Abraham alone. In pre-Islamic Arabia, that Muslims now refer to as Al-Jahiliya, meaning a period of ignorance, the Arabians were grossly paganistic. In and around Kaaba, the Arabs worshiped 360 idols. Each clan had their own particular idols to worship. It is provable that Allah was one of the 360 idols that Muhammadís Hashimite clan worshiped. Muhammad's grandfather, Abdul Muttalib, was the leader of Mecca and a custodian of Kaaba's 360 idols. The Koran confirms that he was a pagan. The names that Muhammad grandfather gave his children are further proof that Muhammad was from a family of idol devotees. Muhammads father was named Abdullah, meaning servant of Allah. The name of Muhammad's uncle was Abdul Manaf, meaning servant of Manaf. His other name was Abu Talib, meaning father of Talib. This is indisputable proof that Allah and Manaf were clannish idols worshiped by Muhammad and his people. Islamic scholars try to hide the historic fact that Muhammad worshiped idols before and after he claimed to be a prophet. But they canít do away with the record of the Koran itself. That Muhammad was later fascinated by the monotheistic creed of jews and Nestorian Christians is beyond question. He encountered many of them at Mecca and on his business trips to Syria. His wife, Khadija, was a Catholic, as was Waraqa ibn Naufal, his secret tutor. Now, Muhammad wanted to unite the Arab race under a theocratic setting, but there was no way he could carry along all those 360 idols, so Muhammad decided to pick from among the idols of his clan. Naturally he picked Allah, the idol for which his father was named. Any of the idols would have served; an idol is an idol. It is the demon behind an idol that deceives the mind and heart. Those who try to single out Allah and deify him above the other Meccan idols should remember that Muhammad could just as easily have picked Manaf, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, or any of the others; and his choice didn't win the support of everyone, including his uncle, Abdul Manaf. That is clear from the fact that Abdul didn't submit to Allah and Islam until his death. He held on to Manaf. This elevation of one idol over the other 359 angered the other Meccan clans. The purported persecution of Muhammad was nothing but an inter-tribal or inter-clannish quarrel over whose idol should be or whose should not be venerated. In the same vein, the Koran was written in Muhammads dialect (Quraish). To pacify the other tribes, Muhammad told them (with concocted revelations) that the preserved tablet in heaven was written in Quraish. The world was then asked to swallow the Islamic lie that all the Kaaba idols were destroyed. It just isn't true. About four of those idols are said to remain. The custodians of Kaaba should open the stone to independent inspectors should anyone dispute this. Just as Islam led 1.2 billion Muslims and even some ignorant Christians to believe that Jesus is Isa or Esau, so it has tried to make the world believe that Allah is God. But there is no link between Allah and the Bible God, who revealed His name to be Yahweh, or the I AM. Websters New Collegiate Dictionary calls the name of the true God a
Tetragrammaton, which means that it is made up of four letters. Those Hebrew letters are transliterated YHWH or JHVH. They are usually pronounced Yahweh or Jehovah. Yahweh means the I AM. That name defines G-ds eternal being and divine nature: The only true, almighty, personal, holy God, and ìthe Father of spirits (Numbers 16:22, cf. John 4:24), The God who revealed Himself to His people, made a covenant with them, became their law giver, to Whom all honor and worship is due. If God's name was really Allah, why didnít He give that name to the prophet Moses or to any of the other Old Testament prophets? Why didn't Jesus ever hint that God might have a name different than the one already revealed to the prophets? The Supreme Being is eternal isn't He? If God is without beginning or end, isnít His name also eternal and unchanging? Of course, but if the Koran is correct, then nobody knew God's name before Muhammad, and God didnít know what He was talking about when He told Moses that His name was ìI AM that I AM.î It was at the burning bush that God revealed Himself to Moses as the I AM (Exodus 3:14). I AM portrays His eternal existence, with no beginning and no end. He is the only eternal God, there is no other. There is no room for any usurper idol, no matter what he calls himself. The name Allah does not belong to the true God, but to an Arabian idol. But there is more. When Jesus called Himself I AM in John 8:58, He said in effect that He is the same I AM who spoke to Moses at the burning bush. The Jews understood exactly what Jesus meant, and tried to stone Him for it (John 8:59). They knew that Jesus was declaring Himself to be the final, perfect and practical revelation of true God. The prophet Isaiah knew it, too, when he called Jesus Emanuel, meaning God with us. This is not polytheism, God the Father and Jesus His Son are one Being, one essence. Jesus said: John 10:30 I and My Father are One.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by allahIsAnIDOL: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
LordReed:

As massive as the sun is we don’t all see the sun at once, how then will all eyes see Jesus? Even if he is on TV and live Web broadcast, you know not everybody has a TV or a smartphone so how exactly would all eyes see him? Will he be in multiple places at once or he'll multiply himself?

Lol, don't be deceived, it won't be in this present generation.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by allahIsAnIDOL: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
AntiChristian:

Ode human being,

Galatians: 4. 21. Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22. For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. 28. Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. 30. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Now on the bolded, why is Saudi Arabia hiding this truth? Anti you're really living in delusion. allah won't save you and the Bible really talked about pole like you.
The true site of Mt. Sinai was
found over two decades ago by the archeologist Ron Wyatt. Sinai is now known to be Jebel el-Lawz on the Arabian Peninsula. It is right where the Bible has been
saying it was all along (see Galatians 4:25). However, the Saudi government has
surrounded the Mt. Sinai site with a chain-link fence and suppressed the
information, probably because of the devastating effect that discovery could have
on the validity of Islam and the Koran. If the information on that site were to be
released, it would discredit the Islamic claim that the Bible has been corrupted.
That site, the artifacts therein (and similar sites in Arabia such as Rephidim),
exactly fit the Bible's description of the Israelite wilderness wanderings. Those sites
prove the Bible to be both accurate and true. (Videos of that ancient site and many
others are available from Wyatt Archeological Research, 713 Lambert Dr.,
Nashville, TN 37220).
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by LordReed(m): 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
allahIsAnIDOL:

Lol, don't be deceived, it won't be in this present generation.

LoL! Na so. Small small una eye don dey clear say na pipe dream. Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by allahIsAnIDOL: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! Na so. Small small una eye don dey clear say na pipe dream. Bwahahahahahaha!

The true site of Mt. Sinai was
found over two decades ago by the archeologist Ron Wyatt. Sinai is now known to be Jebel el-Lawz on the Arabian Peninsula. It is right where the Bible has been
saying it was all along (see Galatians 4:25). However, the Saudi government has
surrounded the Mt. Sinai site with a chain-link fence and suppressed the
information, probably because of the devastating effect that discovery could have
on the validity of Islam and the Koran. If the information on that site were to be
released, it would discredit the Islamic claim that the Bible has been corrupted.
That site, the artifacts therein (and similar sites in Arabia such as Rephidim),
exactly fit the Bible's description of the Israelite wilderness wanderings. Those sites
prove the Bible to be both accurate and true. (Videos of that ancient site and many
others are available from Wyatt Archeological Research, 713 Lambert Dr.,
Nashville, TN 37220).

Barnabas is believed to have been written by a monk named Marino, a Catholic
turned Muslim, who was later known as Mustapha Arandi. Barnabas contains direct
quotes from the Koran and from a 15th century comedy by Dante
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by EnemyofGod22(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
grin angry grin,. The bitter truth is that Jesus Christ Angels demons Satan and God doesn't exist,they are all fiction.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AllahEatsShit: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
This headslamming followers of the illiterate pedophile child POOphet will never receive a Macedonian call! Stop giving these unfortunate MÛDSLÎMÉS hope that their criminal POOphet could not give them!

Instead ask AntiChristian about the end times prophecies of POOphet Sex Award Winner (SAW) cheesy

AntiChristian, your POOphet made a prophecy about watching the naked buttocks of twerking women in Arabia as a sign of the end times. When will this prophecy come to pass?grin grin grin

[img]https://images./3Lr9hkcRwEUYAH5YOu82eZ.jpg[/img]

BMathew:

AntiChristian:
The End of the World

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” Luke 21:32-33

“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.” — Romans 13:11-12

“Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.” — James 5:8

“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” — 1 John 2:18

“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” — 1 Peter 4:7

These words were written between 1800 and 1900 years ago and were meant to warn and prepare the first Christians for the immediate end of the world. Some words are those supposedly straight out of the mouth of the “Son of God.” The world did not end 1800 or 1900 years ago. All that generation passed away without any of the things foretold coming to pass. No amount of prayer brought it about; nor ever so much patience and belief and sober living. The world went on, as usual, indifferent to the spoutings of yet another batch of doomsday prophets with visions of messiahs dancing in their deluded brains. The world, by surviving, makes the above passages contradictions.

1 Like

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by Osibajo2023: 1:00am On Dec 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

who is coming? Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by Originalsly: 2:32am On Dec 13, 2021
How you figure those words were for the first Christians ? .... and to prepare them for an immediate end? Does generation in this context mean family generation as we know it?.... or generation of mankind?

1 Like

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2021
Originalsly:
How you figure those words were for the first Christians ? .... and to prepare them for an immediate end? Does generation in this context mean family generation as we know it?.... or generation of mankind?

You can interpret the verses as you like.

The End of the World

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by Originalsly: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

You can interpret the verses as you like.

The End of the World

Then there is no need for discussion.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by Arrowss(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2021
AntiChristian:
The End of the World

Why not quote the part that says a thousand year is like a day to God, did you not see it?
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by AntiChristian: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Arrowss:

Why not quote the part that says a thousand year is like a day to God, did you not see it?

Quote it side by side with the verses below and see if it will make any difference:

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by RussellRutherfo: 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
AntiChristian:
The End of the World

These confused followers of the pe.dophile prophet Muhammad. On one hand. They say the Bible is the most corrupted. On another hand they try to find pervert prophet Muhammad in it. On one hand their qu'ran and Hadiths declare Jesus to be the only Sinless One just like God. They the pedophile prophet followers on the hand while lying through their teeth that they love Jesus more than his followers usually on the other hand try to accuse Jesus of lies just like the Satanists that they are like this son of mutah, Antichristian.

Let us show you what Matthew 16:28 really means away from what the OP, a son of Belial is trying to input in there. Looking at the original Greek of Matthew 16. You could also look at the Septuagint. You will notice that unlike the English translation that are divided into Chapters for the readers. In the original Greek writings. There is no such Chapter break meaning that Matthew 16:28 and Matthew 17:1 downwards flows together and is the key to understanding Matthew 16:28 as Matthew 16:28 is supposed to be in Matthew 17 which is the key to understanding Matthew 16:28. The men who divided up the Chapters and verses. If they included Matthew 16:28 as the start of Matthew 17. This would have eliminated any question.

Because Jesus is talking to His disciples there at Cesarea Philippi and is talking to them about His death, and about the glory of His Father that He is going to bestow, and His coming in the glory of His Father, with His angels, rewarding every man according to his works.

Then Jesus said, "verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, until they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom"(Mat 16:28). Now from that, there are people who have assumed that Jesus no doubt failed, because all of the disciples who were standing there did die, and the Lord has not yet come in His kingdom. So it's a very confusing thing. It would seem that Jesus made a false prediction of His return.

However, if you don't have the chapter distinction, and you don't stop at the end of chapter sixteen, but you go immediately into chapter seventeen, you'll find out what Jesus was referring to. "Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom",

And after six days Jesus takes Peter, James and John His brother, and brought them up into high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with him (Mat 17:1-3).

So Jesus was referring to the fact that some of His disciples, and those that He was referring to were Peter, James and John, that they were actually going to see Him in the glory of His kingdom, and so He took them up into the high mountain. Now they were at Caesarea Philippi, which is at the base of Mount Hermon. And so it is quite obvious that the high mountain that He took them into was Mount Hermon.

Notice in Matthew 16:1-4 we also see the Pharisees and Sadducees who came to mock Jesus also demanding that Jesus show them a sign from heaven and Jesus replied them that a wicked and adulterous people like Antichristian that would rather follow a pedophile prophet than Jesus who his Quran calls Sinless. Jesus told the Pharisees and Sadducees that they can look at the SKy and discern when it rains and when not but the very sign of the Word of God on Earth who already brought his kingdom down to Earth these Pharisees and Sadducees could not discern. Jesus told them that no other sign will be given to them as they will continue to wallow in their blindness just like these Jehovah witnesses who have given different false dates about the Kingdom of Christ not knowing the Kingdom of Christ has already been here since the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ and many across different generations are been selected already into the kingdom as Sons and daughters of Christ. When Jesus comes back next. It will be to cleanse the Earth and Heavens that even has evil hosts of heaven there of all contamination.

The only sign Jesus Christ gave the Pharisees and Sadducees is the Sign of Jonah which is him going into the belly of hades for three days and resurrecting his temple (Body) which historically happened that even Atheist like Dr. Bart Erhman agrees that this happened.

Jesus was telling the disciples before his crucifixion in Matthew 16:28 that none of them will die till they see him coming into his kingdom which happened in Matthew 17:1-9 where the disciples of Jesus Christ literally saw Moses and Elijah that they never in their life would meet appear and was talking to Jesus who is their Boss and Jesus's face and cloth turned as white as LIGHT which what God is and in verse 9 of chapter 17. Jesus Christ urged his disciples not to tell anyone till he had resurrected from the dead.

Now, If you are a student of the Bible. You would have asked yourself as you read Matthew 16 and 17. If Jesus Christ is promising that they would not physically die then why is Jesus talking of his own death and resurrecting?!!

Why is Jesus Christ in other verses like Matthew 20:22 tell two of his disciples that their mother was asking if these two could sit at his right and left hand and was asking the mother if they could afford to drink the cup that he came down to Earth to drink which is death, persecution from his creation and resurrection. The two disciples and their mother told Jesus Christ that indeed they can do same that is drink from his cup and Jesus replied them in Matthew 20:23 that indeed that they would drink this cup of death so if Jesus like you said gave false prophecy in Matthew 16:28 then why is he telling them this of their coming death in Matthew 20:23.

Read and let the Holy Spirit teach you these mysteries. Matthew 16 to Chapter 22 runs as one. Your confusion stems from the English division into the different Chapters. Matthew 16:28 is supposed to be the start of Matthew 17. If the Jehovah witnesses understood this all these years that they gave false prophecies in 1914, 1975, etcetera about the Kingdom of God coming in these years that they anticipated. They won't have told those lies. The Kingdom of Jesus is already established here on Earth immediately after his death and resurrection and those who are faithful to the Lamb just like Jesus told the Church of Smyrna will he give them the crown of Life. Jesus said that the Church of Smyrna will be persecuted for ten days and a day in 2 Peter 3:8 is a thousand years meaning that though Smyrnas are no more but the church that is us alongside other churches as fitting of Revelation will be persecuted for ten thousand years.
There is a lot deep mystery to the word of God. In Matthew 16:28. The Greek word for coming is erchomai which another translation for this Greek word is to be established or to become known or arise. This was the purpose of the Cross that Muslims and Jehovah witnesses deny so why they wait for an imaginary date when Jesus would bring the kingdom. Many as they die are been selected whether into the Kingdom of God to receive the Crown of Life or into Hell to receive the Wrath.

When Jesus returns next as noted in Revelation 21. It will be to clean the heaven and Earth of all contamination that is demons and humans that resist the Lamb and make a new befitting place for the Sons and daughters of God who have already entered the Kingdom of God.

The new heaven will not have demons who are worshipped as different hosts of heaven here and the new earth will not

Revelation 21:8 KJV — But the fearful, and unbelieving(Muslims and all who rejects Jesus Christ), and the abominable(you know what group these refers inclusive of you who follows a pedophile prophet Muhammad who slept with a 9year old child), and murderers(Jihadists, jws who send children to hell than have them take blood transfusion and be lived due to indoctrination), and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars(false predictors whether they are Christians, Jehovah witnesses in 1914, 1975, etc and Muhammad, etcetera), shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by tctrills: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
AntiChristian:
The End of the World

wow, great thread, I love this. But I don't agree with your intepretation. I would write to it later in the day
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong Again Regarding The End Of The World by tctrills: 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Why do most Christians stay away from threads like these? These days Christians panic whenever anyone tries or questions the doctrines. The modern Christian knows nothing about the doctrines of Christ. And the modern churches dont teach anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Raised A Dead Woman. How True Is This / Why Have Most Christians Stopped Preaching To The Muslims? / E-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.