Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 (16893 Views)

FG To Provide Solar Subsidy In Nigeria Through $750 Million World Bank Loan / FG To Spend ₦900 Billion On Fuel Subsidy In 2022 / Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by AllahIsSatan: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in the 2011 elections, General Muhammadu Buhari, Thursday, declared that the party is completely opposed to the removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government.

He made the disclosure just as the Governorship candidate of the CPC in Adamawa State; General Mohammed Buba Marwa told election riggers planning to rig Adamawa State Governorship election to think twice because they will meet their waterloo.

“I am General Buba Marwa of the Lagos fame, I am not stupid. Those riggers will meet their waterloo in Adamawa. They can come but I will surprise them”, Marwa reacted to possible rigging by the opposition.

Speaking in Yola at the flag-off campaign of General Marwa, Buhari challenged Nigerians to rise up and speak with one voice to ensure that the planned removal of fuel subsidy is not actualized

Buhari also alleged that the menace of Boko Haram presently ravaging the country is caused by bad leadership on the part of the PDP-led administration.

According to him, ‘Nigerians are being deceived on the issue of fuel subsidy, The federal government takes out fuel for refining, only to come back and talk of removing the subsidy. That is nonsense and an attempt by a clique with the PDP led federal government to siphon the proceeds to be realized from the removal of oil subsidy”.

Describing Marwa as a God sent leader that will turn the lives of Adamawa people around for the better, General Buhari said “Marwa has done it in other places like Lagos and Borno, comprising two states, So nobody should be in doubt about what he will do in his own state”.

“If Marwa says he will provide free education, I believe him, If Marwa says he will provide free health care, I believe him. If he says he would provide security for lives and property, I believe him and if he says he will bring change, I believe him because he has done it before, So give him your support because he is a good man”, Buhari said.

On his part, Marwa said, “All Nigerians leaving in Adamawa state irrespective of tribe and religious leaning would be treated with justice, equity and fair play. Everybody in Adamawa will be accorded equal rights”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/im-opposed-to-fuel-subsidy-removal-buhari/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by 1nigeriamyfoot: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
Buhari, agba yahoo himself grin

The most corrupt presidiot in the history of mankind

216 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Zico5(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yes, that's how we will all rise up and speak with one voice to ensure that the planned removal of fuel subsidy is not actualized. Buhari should dare us and see what the masses can do.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
He did, and because of that, he got into power.

The simple fact is that, whoever proposes the removal of fuel subsidy is going to be opposed by millions if not most Nigerians. That is what happened in 1993, 2006/7 and even in 2012.

Buhari in 2012, had lost elections several times, and was looking for a means to get power in 2015. Opposing subsidy provided the means by which he could get into power. He played cunny man, opposed subsidy along with most Nigerians, and got elected. Now, having seen how subsidies impact the economy, he has woken up. Too bad he could not listen to the wise words of people like NOI or SLS back in 2012.

But he isn't the reason why GEJ was unable to remove subsidy completely. The reason is most Nigerians, including GEJ supporters, who opposed and marched against it. If GEJ had totally removed subsidy in 2012, he would have lost the 2015 election by an even wider margin...plus APC would have brought it back, and reversed the gains being made.

So we kept a bad programme , which enriched a lot of people illicitly and further decimated domestic petrol production, to say nothing of getting us into more debt. Anyway, subsides on kerosene, diesel and gas went...good thing.

It's the same reason why even people like Abacha never contemplated total subsidy removal.

The painful thing is that if we had removed the thing in 2012, by now we would have been enjoying the benefits , and we would have been over the worst. Plus we had higher oil prices in 2012, meaning that there would have been enough cash to pay the poor to help them prosper.

INFACT, the partial removal of subsidy GEJ did was used to pay for things like SURE P and some improvements in public transport (just as the partial removal of subsidy by Abacha paid for the PTF). things THAT could not be sustained when oil prices crashed in 2014.

Anyway, subsidy has to go. The oil income is falling, and it is becoming more difficult to sustain subsidies. Unless we pay taxes at rates of 50% of our income .

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Yemi4real3(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Clone president

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Charmingrascal(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lol

Zombies will still come and defend him and give reasons why he should remove the subsidy.

If Buhari dares to increase fuel price to 300+ as proposed.
ENDSARS protests will be small compared to what will happen

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Toagboo: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Buhari is the most Useless man alive

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by AllahIsSatan: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by BlaqJosh: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
ok
Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by abobote: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
As if Buhari have direction. The worst thing to happen to mankind

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
I would never trust a politician and not just any politician a Nigerian politciangrin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by slimanyd: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lol. Am waiting for those Nigerians that trooped out in 2011 when Jonathan proposed these sane thing to also cone out enmass now . Awon hypocrite gbogbo .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by salbis(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Honestly Nigeria is cursed with bad leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nigerians have short term memory. We need this constant reminders.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Maxymilliano(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lol ... According to the dullard, Anyone who says he's subsidizing anything is a fraud

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by PavillionEnergy: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
shocked

Ask Buhari the Minister of Petroleum Resources to define Subsidy.

Let us start from there.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by BigDolph(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hypocrite

Jihadist

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by LOVEGINO(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sai baba!
Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Onepeople: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
In seach of solution the country ended up with a bigger problem, he said,what are they subsidising for .

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by sirfemoz(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
10 years later, he wants to completely remove it. I think we Nigerians deserve whatever this government gives us, cos we don't learn.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
As ilovedemanna aka aka NLpolicewoman would say let curses rain on every Nigerian who is openly supporting the evil that some people are trying to force upon us. Everyone here who is openly deceiving Nigerians by supporting evil even when it is glaring is cursed.

How on earth will the dead meat griller defend this now? Why is the apc and Buhari bent on embarrassing this dead meat griller like this? How will helinues and that josh boy defend this now?

I stand by my words...pdp and apc are one and the same and you must be a complete fool to wholly believe that any of these parties will rescue this country. I'd rather not vote than vote because some people feel that you have to exercise that right for one dumb reason or the other.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by billgabb(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Where is Slawomirr? The Damnnn Niggarrr crooner should come online. I am missing some of his real comments.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Ofunaofu: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin

There is no subsidy in the real sense.
It is merely a creation of the oil cabal.

They keep telling us that when crude oil is taken out and refined the differencial is what is being paid as subsidy.
No body is even asking about the crude oil being taken out, are we have getting the commensurate quantity of refined fuel

And why can't we fix our refineries and refine locally

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by addicted268(f): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
He also opposed medical tourism but what do we have now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by timefarm(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:
Buhari, agba yahoo himself grin
He carry them handicap.
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by 1nigeriamyfoot: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Onepeople:
In seach of solution the country ended up with a bigger problem, he said,what are they subsidising for .

E choke grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by Verdicalize: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
billgabb:
Where is Slawomirr? The Damnnn Niggarrr crooner should come online. I am missing some of his real comments.

He is probably in trouble for his dangerous lifestyle

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Docile labor congress,

Buhari is helping them
Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by 1nigeriamyfoot: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
timefarm:

He carry them handicap.
grin grin grin

Hahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 by TooMuchStuff: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yahoo Plus Plus.

Both Buhari and Marwa are not Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Giving Juicy Appointments To Only Yorubas - APC Group (PCAN) / I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose / You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.