Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) (6337 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!! / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by ogajim(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rIfi2FKaE

I couldn't believe this at first but here it is.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by rolchi(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
ok
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by EarsWide(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
We have said it a thousand times - most of these pentecostal preachers are frauds.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Enigma(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Oh I posted this the other day under a different, supposedly more catchy, title. wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-686262.0.html

I wonder more about the congregations of each of Dollar and long: is the brainwashing that bad?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by ogajim(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
The brainwashing has to be deep because normal people would have left both congregations long time before these events. Can you imagine him telling them to go back to Long's church because he doesn't want them?

We really need to pray for a lot of Christians in these end times.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
EarsWide:

We have said it a thousand times - most of these pentecostal preachers are frauds.

You do not seem to understand, you can post a million articles about this false tithe, wealth doctrine and a million times they will cook up excuses and reasons why they are right and we are wrong.

Their standard is not the BIBLE but MOG.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by dare2think: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
Babangida defending abacha--- what's the difference btw them
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
Creflo dollar was right. God has forgiven, that's if he did commit the error . There is no sin God won't forget. That didn't take away his calling from the man. He is still anointed to fulfil his assignment. If God forgive a man , we cant hold offence against him. Has God rejected him? . How many of us don't do wrong? If we get forgiveness , we should believe in the forgiveness of others. How you treat him matters, it can become your own sin.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by ogajim(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
JoAgbaje and Creflo seem to be on the same page no wonder enigma called CD one of your mentors sort of. How did you guys know that God has forgiven the man when he hasn't admitted to anything? Creflo saying the man had a wreck did seem like an admission on Long's behalf because we were all waiting for him to starting using the 5 stones when they made the beeline for "settlement" because those records can be SEALED once the cash exchanged hands.

No one ( non indoctrinated folks) is FOOLED by any of these.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by JeSoul(f): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/09/eddie-longs-new-churches-raise-questions-about-pastors-behavior-after-scandal/

Eddie Long Announces the opening of 2 new church branches

(CNN) – If you're a famous pastor who has just survived a sex scandal, laid off church staff and lost a chunk of your congregation, what do you do to move forward? If you’re Bishop Eddie Long, you announce that your church is expanding.

Long, senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Church outside Atlanta, Georgia, has announced that his church is opening two new satellite churches and is asking parishioners to donate up to $1,000 to support the expansion, according to The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Long’s announcement comes two weeks after an out of court settlement with four young men who accused him of using his spiritual authority to coerce them into sexual relationships.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Claus(m): 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

Creflo dollar was right. God has forgiven, that's if he did commit the error . There is no sin God won't forget. That didn't take away his calling from the man. He is still anointed to fulfil his assignment. If God forgive a man , we cant hold offence against him. Has God rejected him? . How many of us don't do wrong? If we get forgiveness , we should believe in the forgiveness of others. How you treat him matters, it can become your own sin.

I'm not entirely sure why Creflo Dollar made this move, or why you believe he is right.

Eddie Long's official stance is that he has done nothing wrong. The out of court settlement did not come with an admission of guilt and he has not admitted any guilt to his congregation.
So when Creflo Dollar talks about Eddie Long having a "wreck" and forgiving him, is he implicitly admitting that Eddie Long was guilty, something Eddie Long himself has not done.

How is there a need for forgiveness when the man has said he is innocent?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by nlMediator: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
JeSoul:

All these plenty donations account for why many christians remain poor. They operate a different financial model from the pastors and the ministries themselves, which is why the latter are usually successful while the flock wallow in poverty or live in Barely-Making-it-Ville. Interstingly enough, the pastors have it right. Does it occur to anybody that there's hardly any financially successful pastor in Nigeria or elsewhere that truly gives more than 2-5% of their income, unlike the members that give upwads of 30%?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Azibalua(f): 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
NLMediator:

All these plenty donations account for why many christians remain poor. They operate a different financial model from the pastors and the ministries themselves, which is why the latter are usually successful while the flock wallow in poverty or live in Barely-Making-it-Ville. Interstingly enough, the pastors have it right. Does it occur to anybody that there's hardly any financially successful pastor in Nigeria or elsewhere that truly gives more than 2-5% of their income, unlike the members that give upwads of 30%?
To prosper you must give,every preacher must give,he is not exempted.
What proof do you have that there's hardly any financially successful pastor that gives the amount you stated above.
Also how do you give is it by calculation?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by nlMediator: 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^^^^^

Do you know any pastor or ministry that truly gives more than 2-5% of income? Even mere anecdotes would suffice.

I agree that giving plays a part in prosperity. 2-5% is still giving. Or is it not?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
ogajim:

JoAgbaje and Creflo seem to be on the same page no wonder enigma called CD one of your mentors sort of. How did you guys know that God has forgiven the man when he hasn't admitted to anything?

That's why i said "if he did commit the error" we have no reason to prove he did, but just incase he did, there's no sin God can't forgive. There is no christian who love to live in sin. A christian could fall into sin even wilfully , that's doesn't take his salvation away. His conscience will not be at rest until make things right. No christian enjoys sin. The guilt in the concsience will be there and that's proof of Gods presence.

We have to wait to confirm if he did it. And if he did , there is room ,for repentance. Isn't it?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by EarsWide(m): 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
Creflo Dollar said the church members from Eddie Long's church should ALL go back - his congregation cheered and Joagbaje says it is fine. What if some of the people that left Eddie Long's church were themselves victims of Eddie Long or some other pedophile, what message is Creflo Dollar sending to them ? That victims of pedophiles have no place in the church ?? And Jo thinks this is correct ? How can he have done a wreck if he claims innocence ?

@Nairalanders in general
I know there is now a trend towards civility and brotherly love  for all including liars and frauds like Jo - it is a complete and utter waste of time in my opinion. People like Jo in a civilized society will be despised and reviled outcasts, yet we want to start treating him and similar clowns with more respect - utter nonsense!!

I dont believe Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar or Joagbaje believe in God at all. Anyone that can stand in a pulpit and say what Dollar and Long said - can NOT truly believe in God, equally anyone who supports them is guilty of the same.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^
do you have any proof he did it?
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by EarsWide(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Joagbaje

you said
do you have any proof he did it?

No he did not do it - he only paid them millions of dollars because he felt sorry for them!!

St*pid question!!
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by nlMediator: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
EarsWide:

Creflo Dollar said the church members from Eddie Long's church should ALL go back - his congregation cheered and Joagbaje says it is fine. What if some of the people that left Eddie Long's church were themselves victims of Eddie Long or some other craddle-robber, what message is Creflo Dollar sending to them ? That victims of craddle-robbers have no place in the church ?? And Jo thinks this is correct ? How can he have done a wreck if he claims innocence ?

@Nairalanders in general
I know there is now a trend towards civility and brotherly love for all including liars and frauds like Jo - it is a complete and utter waste of time in my opinion. People like Jo in a civilized society will be despised and reviled outcasts, yet we want to start treating him and similar clowns with more respect - utter nonsense!!

I dont believe Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar or Joagbaje believe in God at all. Anyone that can stand in a pulpit and say what Dollar and Long said - can NOT truly believe in God, equally anyone who supports them is guilty of the same.

Relax. I don't know what you mean by civilized society. But everywhere I know, that is generally considered civilized, divergent views are tolerated. You win over by superior arguments, not by throwing bombs.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by EarsWide(m): 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
@NLMediator

you said
Relax. I don't know what you mean by civilized society. But everywhere I know, that is generally considered civilized, divergent views are tolerated. You win over by superior arguments, not by throwing bombs.

My guy - keep quiet.

What argument is there about Eddie Long ? He is a sexual predator - who settled out of court to hide his crimes.

What are the divergent views ?  that sexual assault is fine ? that Dollar chasing people out of his church and back to a sexual predator's arms is fine ?

There are no divergent views in this case - you either think sexual predation is evil enough to warrant Eddie Long standing down or you dont.

Divergent views ?? - such foolishness!
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Matthew 17:26-27
26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

If Jesus could settle tax collectors unjustifiably just to avoid trouble, we should not assume every settlement is based on guilt. We shouldn't get exited at the fall or shortcomings of others.

[color=#990000]Galatians 6:1-2
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.[/

We should cross our hands till the outcome of the full truth . Creflo Dollar did right. That's the bible.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by nlMediator: 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
EarsWide:

@NLMediator

you said
My guy - keep quiet.

What argument is there about Eddie Long ? He is a sexual predator - who settled out of court to hide his crimes.

What are the divergent views ? that sexual assault is fine ? that Dollar chasing people out of his church and back to a sexual predator's arms is fine ?

There are no divergent views in this case - you either think sexual predation is evil enough to warrant Eddie Long standing down or you dont.

Divergent views ?? - such foolishness!

Take my earlier advice: read submissions a little more closely. I was responding to your claim about how people are treated in civilized societies. For you to treat it as a defense or denial of sexual predation, etc is unfortunate.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Claus(m): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

If Jesus could settle tax collectors unjustifiably just to avoid trouble, we should not assume every settlement is based on guilt. We shouldn't get exited at the fall or shortcomings of others.

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.[/

We should cross our hands till the outcome of the full truth . Creflo Dollar did right. That's the bible.

Creflo Dollar didn't do right. Eddie Long has not admitted any guilt, so I'm not sure what Creflo Dollar is asking people to forgive. Eddie Long himself has not asked for such forgiveness from them.

Also comparing Jesus's payment of taxes to the authorities in the land to a pastor paying a settlement to four young men who accused him of sleeping with them is just not valid.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Enigma(m): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2011
Demain_man:

This joagbaje knows how to distort the bible no be small.

Infact, for him ''It is better to receive than to give'' !

When people challenge Joagbaje vigorously, some people see it as picking on him: thankfully there are still many who see Joagbaje for who and what he is. Let us consider his use of the Bible below!

Joagbaje:

Sooooooo, because Jesus "settled" tax collectors, Eddie Long is justified in using his congregation's money of anything between 4 million and 25 million dollars (latest rumoured figures) to hush up also "settle" for homosexual affairs (ok, alleged) with four very young boys in his "church".

Oh, what a pastor is Eddie Long!

Oh, what a pastor is Joagbaje!
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by SirJohn(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Jo, I sometimes get disappointed at the way you stand up for people you barely know. now look at this: eddie long was accused of something, he denies involvement and vows to fight till the truth comes out; suddenly, hes paying hush money with church funds. Now here comes Creflo asking for Eddie to be forgiven and describes the situation as a 'wreck' for eddie.
Now the question is, how do we forgive a man who will not admit wrong doing? Creflos message clearly proves Eddie was involved but until he humbles himself like the likes of Jimmy swaggart, theres no point asking for peoples forgiveness let alone Gods
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2011
All of us are only working with assumptions. The truth will suface. I'm just assuming. There are times in Nigeria ,press men comes to a big man and say we have this article against you , you may win in court but before you win reputation would be damaged . It may take years and they negotiate to kill the story even though it is based on false hood. It happens in court . It happens all over the world. Micheal jackson and co and co. The family the vowed he couldn't do such. We saw how IMF leader who wanted to fight his case lost his position . If he had opportunity to settle , he probably would. Even if he wins now, he can't have his office back. Someone who have nothing to lose , sometimes has upper hand in scandals over one who has everything to lose.  I may be wrong in my assumption but ,that's my opinion. If he did it , I'm sure he will admit it openly in church so as to receive forgiveness. When this case is over.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by dorox(m): 11:39am On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

All of us are only working with assumptions.
That was what you said about Pastor Albert Odulele, you even called somebody a liar for accusing odulele directly.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 11:43am On Jun 11, 2011
Pls quote what I said, no assumptions. His own case was confirmed . Robert liardon was confirmed . He openly admitted , he was forgiven , and restored and the past is gone.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by dorox(m): 11:46am On Jun 11, 2011
there is an error with the thread so i can't quote you word for word
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by SirJohn(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
Well, theres no point talking much, the world is wiser than we ever imagined. I believe we all know the truth of what happened, only few are bold to admit it.
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by vislabraye(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
I wish i could hear Creflo's defense. Really, some of these black American preachers suck. They should think of how they can launder their image. . . Homosexuality is very very wrong.

I was even surprised to hear TD Jake subtly defending gayism
Re: Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) by nlMediator: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

You're right that settlement of a case does not always equal guilt. There are a number of lawyers that specialize in such lawsuits, knowing that certain businesses and public figures would find it less damaging to settle than fight, win, but lose a lot of money (profits, goodwill, customers, litigation costs) in the process. However, experience also suggests that in a good number of cases - perhaps the vast majority - people settle because they know they're in the wrong and want the case to go away. They even structure the settlement in a way that the plaintiff does not get all the money over a period of say 10 - 20 years, so that if the plaintiff ever breaches the confidentiality agrement, he loses the money. That way the defendant buys himself a long period of peace and even if it is revealed after that time, the extent of damage wouldn't be the same. It becomes even easier to settle when the settlement money is not coming out of the "settler's" pockets.

Also, I belive you misapplied the scriptures you refereneced. That the term "settled" is used does not mean that they mean the same thing. Just like "settling" a policeman in Nigeria is not the same as settling a case anywhere. Jesus had an obligation to pay taxes and paid it. Settle there means pay. Pay to address a legitimate obligation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Pray When You Don't Know what To Pray / Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity / What Does It Mean That Our Sins Are Washed Away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.