Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen (1499 Views)

Subsea Engineering In UK (university Of Aberdeen VS Cranfield University) / Glory Educational Services / University Of Portsmouth Hnd To Bsc Programme / Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen by Tonex(m): 8:38am On Jul 27, 2007
Hi to everyone. I recently got admission to two schools in the U.K. for a master's degree. The University of Portsmouth and the University of Aberdeen. For Portsmouth i got Communications Systems Engineering and for Aberdeen i got Information Technology. Can anyhow help me out in deciding which school is better and will offer me more career opportunities. Thanks.
Re: Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen by Bulga(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2007
You better choose University of Aberdeen because it is in Scotland and Scotland runs a scheme called "Fresh Talent" that allows non-EEA citizens a two-year visa extension if they study in Scotland.
For more:
www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/fresh_talent__working.html

You will get only one-year visa extension if you do your masters in England.
For more:
www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/internationalgraduatesscheme.html

1 Like

Re: Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen by Bulga(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2007
I just want to add that Aberdeen is full of Nigerians because universities over there offer Oil & gas courses. I believe you can find more Nigerians over there than in Glasgow which is the biggest city in Scotland.
Re: Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen by Olumide7(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2007
I also got admission to do my master's programme in the University of Aberdeen. I've read a lot about the University and I've been to the place. It's quite good. I don't know much about the University of Portsmouth, but I think Aberdeen is better.
Re: Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen by nana(f): 11:53am On Jul 27, 2007
Go to Aberdeen.
Re: Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen by Tonex(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2007
Thanx to everyone for your help. I guess u have helped me make up my mind. THANX ONCE AGAIN.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Army Dss/ssc Form 2010 / Oau 2010/2011 Direct Entry (de) Admission List. / The Best Private University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.