Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

How I Got My Identity Card - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Got My Identity Card (6089 Views)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / How I Hid My Identity To Get A Degree In Political Science – Zaaki Azzay / IMSU: Lost And Found Identity Card Of Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2021
HOW I GOT MY IDENTITY CARD

About December of 2020, the federal government launch the IMPROVED NIN SLIP AND MOBILE APP. There were some initial challenges and these were followed by usual condemnations by some Nigerians. Eventually they got the app right and our details correct in the application.

Yesterday, I decided to get the ID Card in a hard copy. I initially wanted it laminated but then decided to print it in plastic form.

All I needed to do was login to my NIMC APP, select the option to print NIN slip, token is generated by the app, I login to the payment platform within the app, paid N1200 for the PREMIUM NIN SLIP (there is another option of N400 for STANDARD NIN SLIP), after successfully paying using my bank master card, I could download the improved NIN slip in pdf (high resolution).

I went for the PREMIUM NIN SLIP (N1200) instead of the STANDARD NIN SLIP (N400) because it looks better. I took it for printing in plastic, paid 1k and about 30mins later, I'm walking out with my National Identity Card. Simple and easy, I didn't have to go to their office or wait anymore (actually, since 2013).

In my opinion, this option is good and benefit the govt, me and the guys in the street. The govt generated their revenue, I got my National Identity Card and the guy in the street got paid for his business. Everyone goes home getting what they wanted. When this digital ID Card was introduced by the govt, some were quick to complain, calling the govt confused among other words they could use, it is as if some of these people are so invested in the failure of the FG.

Some things in life needs time and patience to get to where we want it to be. Take a look at the internet or the mobile phone, it took time but eventually, we are where we are today. I think the FG should ensure that National Drivers Licenses goes digital and can be obtained through this same NIMC platform. They should also take payments/renewal for vehicle papers and insurance digital so vehicle owners would make their payments/renewal and get their documents, print them out without the hassle of visiting these offices.

Sometimes, most times you just need to have patience and resist the urge to condemn every little thing the FG does, unless you are sworn never to see anything good whatsoever in what they do. Like the e-naira, NIMC application had it challenges initially but after a while, it's been fixed and we can all use it easily. I am imagining the future where the e-naira would be exchanged with digital currencies of other countries, especially the digital yuan (I know the US Govt will never like it but it is about time the US dollars used as instrument of oppression and exporting inflation be sidelined)

3 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2021
Fynestboi
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by modsfucker: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2021
It wouldn't take them long to print voters card, na national id card come be wahala.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Ammishaddai: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2021
You just wasted your money doing nothing . And for your information, the government is the only authorized body to issues permanent IDs that comes with a microchip that's link to your biodata and bank account. When the test for verification come ,na you go come tell us the story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Optimistguy1969: 9:45am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You just wasted your money doing nothing . And for your information, the government is the only authorized body to issues permanent IDs that comes with a microchip that's link to your biodata and bank account. When the test for verification come ,na you go come tell us the story

Kai! see finishing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by CandyOps(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2021
Good one but stop confusing us.. shey na NIN slip card you dey call National ID card ni??

because I can see NIN slip on the card u printed?
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by samuel051: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2021
70years old man..
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
False and this was government issued. They issued the NIN, the launched the platform to link it my sim cards, they offered the option for me to print it and anyone can verify it is original by scanning the code.

6 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Ammishaddai: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2021
engreddy:
False and this was government issued.
...so where is the microchip ? I like people like you who try to defend their mistakes. It makes it worthwhile mocking you in the long run undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
...so where is the microchip ? undecided
Does your voters card have microchip? Microchip was for mastercard. It was a partnership made with mastercard so one can use it for financial transaction. It was not even necessary. I am thinking that probably was likely why most Nigerians could not get their card, maybe the PDP govt mismanaged the funds and if they mismanaged it, the new govt that came in would have their hands tied. If they cancel the contract with Mastercard, they probably would have to pay a lot of money. So they came up with this idea. This is just me thinking.

I also observe that in the NIMC app, your ID that appears is called "Digital Identity Card". When printing out, they call it Digital NIN Slip. I think there was something wrong with their deal with Mastercard.

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2021
samuel051:
70years old man..
have you checked my profile? I do not feel 70
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 10:03am On Dec 01, 2021
CandyOps:
Good one but stop confusing us.. shey na NIN slip card you dey call National ID card ni??

because I can see NIN slip on the card u printed?
and will get me anywhere I want to go.
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Ammishaddai: 10:11am On Dec 01, 2021
engreddy:
Micro cheap was for mastercard. It was a partnership made with mastercard so one can use it for financial transaction. It was not even necessary.
Oga , go and verify before saying what you don't know . Here's what a government issued card should look like. Now compare what you've done to this . So who is deceiving who ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Opperwezen(m): 10:15am On Dec 01, 2021
What you have is a laminated NIN slip, the national ID (NIMC) looks like a master card with micro chip.

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2021
Opperwezen:
What you have is a laminated NIN slip, the national ID (NIMC) looks like a master card with micro chip.

It does not look like mastercard, it is mastercard.
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by FahBuLous: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Op, can you use this one to verify binance??
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by FahBuLous: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
engreddy:

It does not look like mastercard, it is mastercard.
Please how long does it take to get the original?
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by juniorstar(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga , go and verify before saying what you don't know . Here's what a government issued card should look like. Now compare what you've done to this . So who is deceiving who ? undecided
How can I get this registered since 2014...still have those 2 slips given.
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by silibaba: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
...so where is the microchip ? I like people like you who try to defend their mistakes. It makes it worthwhile mocking you in the long run undecided
dont mind the op. He can't even use that rubbish in in the bank. The will prefer his paper nin slip to that.

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
FahBuLous:
Please how long does it take to get the original?
I waited since 2013. I have no response.
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
FahBuLous:
yes. I verified my binance using Voters ID, but that was more than a year ago. I will be verifying other exchanges with this.

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
silibaba:
dont mind the op. He can't even use that rubbish in in the bank. The will prefer his paper nin slip to that.

Because you are bank? Bank will accept the Slip but will not accept a digital improved NIN slip? Some people too dey know. I do not have your time. I simply share my experience which will help a lot of people.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, the NIN is govt issued, NIMC app is issued, approved and securely controlled, the Digital National Identity Card in your NIMC app is govt issued, verified and approved, the Premium Digital NIN Slip I now have is govt issued. I just printed it.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
FahBuLous:

It is amazing how much information you can gain if you just search for it. A lot of people have already been using this methods. See more screenshot below

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by FahBuLous: 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
engreddy:
yes. I verified my binance using Voters ID, but that was more than a year ago. I will be verifying other exchanges with this.
Thank you so much for this information...

1 Like

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Ammishaddai: 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
engreddy:
Oga, the NIN is govt issued, NIMC app is issued, approved and securely controlled, the Digital National Identity Card in your NIMC app is govt issued, verified and approved, the Premium Digital NIN Slip I now have is govt issued. I just printed it.
Stop deceiving yourself; you just only printed your NIN slip bros . When proper verification comes you'll come back here and tell the story
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Stop deceiving yourself; you just only printed your NIN slip bros . When proper verification comes you'll come back here and tell the story
ok.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Zico777(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The microchip format is on hold for now.
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Ammishaddai: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
Zico777:

The microchip format is on hold for now.
Bros, nobody is arguing whether it's on hold or not . What we are only pointing out here is that the OP just wasted his money reprinting his Nation ID thinking he's getting an original .
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by engreddy(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros, nobody is arguing whether it's on hold or not . What we are only pointing out here is that the OP just wasted his money reprinting his Nation ID thinking he's getting an original .

You see how smart you are? I don't remember writing anything or anywhere that I'm getting an original national id. I don't even remember writing I'm thinking what I have is similar to what the FG will issue.

I have solved a problem. I have an id card, a national id which has solved my issues of what I need for verification. It can be authenticated by anyone to be mine when I present it. But of course, you are free to show yourself.

6 Likes

Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Ammishaddai: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
engreddy:

You see how smart you are? I don't remember writing anything or anywhere that I'm getting an original national id. I don't even remember writing I'm thinking what I have is similar to what the FG will issue.

I have solved a problem. I have an id card, a national id which has solved my issues of what I need for verification. It can be authenticated by anyone to be mine when I present it. But of course, you are free to show yourself.
Bros , I think you're suffering from selective amnesia but I won't waste my time pointing that out to you since you're already deluded with you with your NIN slip that has been converted to card
Re: How I Got My Identity Card by Shellsploit: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lalasticlacla we need your input in this thread!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lecturers At Kogi Polytechnic Charge For 'handouts' / Futa 2015/2016 Admission List / Jambites Only: Please Drop your U T M E Score And Let Us Rejoice Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.