Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Men Can Conceive Like Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Can Conceive Like Women (2057 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / When Does A Woman Conceive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Can Conceive Like Women by nelyz(f): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2007
Renowned obstetrician and pioneer of in vitro fertilisation unit at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Prof. Osato Giwa-Osagie, has said men should start preparing themselves to have babies just like women in future. wat do u think?
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Seun(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2007
Good sir, can you give us a link to the source of this story? Thanks.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Olumide7(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2007
False and Impossible if the Biology I did in School was correct.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Kelita(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2007
Men, like women, can conceive, give birth – Prof. Giwa-Osagie
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070727152064

By Victor Sam, Abuja
Published: Friday, 27 Jul 2007

Renowned obstetrician and pioneer of in vitro fertilisation unit at the Lagos State, University Teaching Hospital, Prof. Osato Giwa-Osagie, has said men should start preparing themselves to have babies just like women in future.

He said this was possible with advances in the science of Assisted Reproductive Technologies world-wide. Giwa-Osagie said this on Thursday while delivering a keynote address on the Pioneering work of ART in the West African sub-region at the National Hospital, Abuja.

He said the art of producing children through the fertilisation of eggs by sperm in a laboratory, known as IVF, holds the key to solving most of the age-long problems associated with infertility. Giwa-Osagie, while giving a historical perspective of how the IVF started in Nigeria 30 years ago, said with ART it was possible for men to have babies like women. He also stated that with the technology, women above 60 years of age could still have children while procreation without sex was very possible.
Speaking exclusively with our correspondent, Giwa-Osagie said, ”Men could have pregnancy just like women.

He said, ”A man could be put on large doses of oestrogens. A donated egg can be fertilised with sperm and the embryo can now be injected into the man‘s abdomen to achieve abdominal pregnancy.
”Abdominal pregnancy occurs in women and also outside of a womb. So, theoretically, it can also occur in men.”

He advised government to fund medical and other scientific research since the advance societies were far leaving Nigeria behind.
He said if investments were made in these areas, it would be possible to have sex selection in Nigeria, fertility in HIV positive patients, procreation without sex, stem cell research and cloning.

He urged non-governmental organisations, and the Federal Government to invest heavily in the field of IVF so that poor Nigerians who want to have babies of their own can afford the cost.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by osereka(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2007
OK IF MAN GET BELLE,
HOW E GO BORN AM?

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Galadriel(f): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2007
I guess our eminent scientists would use C-section.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by olanajim(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2007
Good advice. Let begin from the eminent scientist. He may have a case you know. Every scientists that had made useful invention are the first to try it out. He should bail our tired women out by bringing it to reality. Better still, he can use one of his male children.

2 Likes

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Seun(m): 10:15am On Jul 28, 2007
1) How would the baby in the man's abdomen be supplied with nutrients it needs to grow?
2) If a man starts taking female hormones, won't he grow breasts and other female features?

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by nelyz(f): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2007
ur guess is as good as mine. may be through c-section.

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by olanajim(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2007
Test-tube baby may be the way out. Possibly. The other option perhaps could be clonning. Only the scientist seem to have answer. My guess is that he was refering to heamaprodites.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Galadriel(f): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2007
But the whole thing sounds just too weird in ma ears! talk about creepy!!!!!! sad

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Galadriel(f): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2007
But the whole thing sounds just too weird in ma ears! talk about creepy!!!!!! sad
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by bluesky4(f): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2007
where is the baby gonna come out from, the peepee hole or the shithole
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Galadriel(f): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2007
blue-sky:

where is the baby going to come out from, the peepee hole or the shithole

Man, that's just too scary to even think about!!!! shocked
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2007
The most important question is not where the baby comes out from but how the baby will get its nutrition.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a woman has an abdominal pregnancy, the baby must still be connected to her womb.

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by bluesky4(f): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2007
Seun:

The most important question is not where the baby comes out from but how the baby will get its nutrition.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a woman has an abdominal pregnancy, the baby must still be connected to her womb.

its called an ectopic pregnancy, when the baby does not grow in the womb but the abdoman. It is very rare and risky.
However babies can still survive

read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2932608.stm
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2007
gush, its so funny and weird. what won't these scientists want to try out. shocked
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by presido1: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2007
If the prof na man let him try first then i will join and have my own pikin from only me now woman abi na woman go give me the belle. Is impossible nothing?
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Chiori(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2007
as long as God dey alive, impossican't. if not, then homo good.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by yewaman1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
God made the woman to carry her pregnacy for nine
months and thereafter deliver a kid. No more no less.
QED
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by fuzek: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
@blue sky ectopic pregnancies 'babies' don't survive,
its not only risky and also wia is it going to be injected into? 'male rep part' or liver, stomach or wia. wia will d baby grow outside d 'womb' please let d man explain d kind of technology he intends to use, is it advanced witchcraft he wants to advertise or what.God never intended it that way, let him ask d public to raise funds for him so his mind can keep functioning, he needs attention and i think he got some here on nairaland, scientist indeed.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Chiori(m): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2007
even if a man can be made to carry pregnancy, how is he going to deliver? throught the penis? can anyone improve on God's perfection?
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Esss(m): 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2007
Chiori:

even if a man can be made to carry pregnancy, how is he going to deliver? throught the penis? can anyone improve on God's perfection?

Yep. Dr Berverly hills 90210.

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Chiori(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2007
what about dr b hills?
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Esss(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2007
He can improve on Gods perfection
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Chiori(m): 12:01am On Aug 07, 2007
abeg make i hear road. has he improved on himself? or why don't you go to him
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Esss(m): 12:05am On Aug 07, 2007
I cant afford his services, I dont have the intentions of having a womb, let alone bearing a child.
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Chiori(m): 12:11am On Aug 07, 2007
And has he himself done it on himself?
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Esss(m): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2007
I dunno.

I was only trying to tell u that peeps are actually improving on Gods perfection. Imagine people undergoing sex-change surgeries, breast enlargement (my favorite*** like pam anderson lee), Face-lifts, bow-tucks, Nose jobs, liposuction, breast reduction, lip enlargement, laser hair removal, e.t.c So the issue of hoking men up with wombs might just be possible.

1 Like

Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by Chiori(m): 12:31am On Aug 07, 2007
esss you are due for permanent sampling
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by UNLEASHED(m): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2007
Tell it to the birds in da forest!!!
Re: Men Can Conceive Like Women by yewaman1(m): 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2007
my thoughts exactly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Show Me An Excellent Man / Mama's Babies - Daddy's "NO WAY!!!" / Molade Okoya And Razak Okoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.