Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail (17846 Views)

IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released / Bidemi Rufai In More Trouble For Deceiving US Court In Desperate Bid To Get Bail / Ayo Fayose In Court To Get Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by drizslim(m): 11:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu is scheduled for an emergency hearing in court on Thursday, December 2.

This was confirmed to SaharaReporters by the counsel for the Nigerian government in the matter.

Kanu is facing an amended 7-count charge bordering on treasonable felony and acts of terrorism. He has been in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) since his re-arrest in June.

It was gathered that the hearing could lead to Kanu being released on bail.
According to SaharaReporters, the Federal Government lawyers hinted that the move is in response to the fervent appeals by Igbo leaders for the release of the pro-Biafra agitator.

“Nnamdi Kanu scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow that could lead to his release on bail.

This is in response to Igbo elders’ request for his release,” one of the sources said on Wednesday.
It will be recalled that a delegation of Igbo leaders led by former Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, had requested the unconditional release of Kanu when they met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House, Abuja on November 19, 2021.

Buhari had that he would consider the unconditional release of the IPOB leader, adding that such a request was a difficult option to weigh but assured that he would give it a thought.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/01/breaking-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu-scheduled-emergency-hearing-thursday-could-be-released

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by drizslim(m): 11:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
Our supreme leader Onyendu is in good hands, buhari knows he got nothing against him..

Long live ipob
Long live Onyendu MNK
We Move!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Foreverdope: 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Buhari may actually be taking one of the best decisions in his government on this one.. Long live Onyendu MNK

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Oghighirhighi: 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
If this is true, that means Buhari and his handlers have suddenly realised that some smiles and a small piece of kola from the pocket will bring better results than war cry and sword from the quiver.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
This is a trap for Nnamdi kanu, if he released and he starts any noise, i promise you, he will be killed like the terrorist he is.

14 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by FarahAideed: 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Another proof the Judiciary is a another rubber stamp for the Presidency!!! So Buhari can make the Judiciary hold you without bail forever

44 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Kingnelson9: 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
This is a trap for Nnamdi kanu, if he released and he starts any noise, i promise you, he will be killed like the terrorist he is.
be careful �

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by CandyOps(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nigeria is exhausting.. tbh.

One mumu man dey call am "our supreme leader". You and who supreme leader??

So let's assume that Biafra works out shey na the same thing una dey for East now una go continue to de do? My guys for abroad go call me ask me how is Nigeria? I go reply, "them no dey ask how hellfire dey"

We're just stuck in the middle here

Shey na for this condition we go born our pikin?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by PrinceOfLagos: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2021
drizslim:
Embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu is scheduled for an emergency hearing in court on Thursday, December 2.

This was confirmed to SaharaReporters by the counsel for the Nigerian government in the matter.

Kanu is facing an amended 7-count charge bordering on treasonable felony and acts of terrorism. He has been in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) since his re-arrest in June.

It was gathered that the hearing could lead to Kanu being released on bail.
According to SaharaReporters, the Federal Government lawyers hinted that the move is in response to the fervent appeals by Igbo leaders for the release of the pro-Biafra agitator.

“Nnamdi Kanu scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow that could lead to his release on bail.

This is in response to Igbo elders’ request for his release,” one of the sources said on Wednesday.
It will be recalled that a delegation of Igbo leaders led by former Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, had requested the unconditional release of Kanu when they met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House, Abuja on November 19, 2021.

Buhari had that he would consider the unconditional release of the IPOB leader, adding that such a request was a difficult option to weigh but assured that he would give it a thought.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Where is your source ?

And if this news turn out to be true and Kanu released, then it's a good deal for the Igbo people

The Christmas go sweet for south east be that..

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by nathyx(m): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2021
Igbo leaders fighting for the release of Kanu meanwhile on the other hand self acclaimed defender of the youruba nation Sunday adeyemi Igboho has been abandoned and left to Rot and die in jail embarassed embarassed embarassed This right here is what I don't like about youruba they are always so noisy and foul mouthed yet when it comes to "show your guts" they quickly run find somewhere and hide angry

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by PrinceOfLagos: 7:41am On Dec 02, 2021
nathyx:
Igbo leaders fighting for the release of Kanu meanwhile on the other hand self acclaimed defender of the youruba nation Sunday adeyemi Igboho has been abandoned and left to Rot and die in jail embarassed embarassed embarassed This right here is what I don't like about youruba they are always so noisy and foul mouthed yet when it comes to "show your guts" they quickly run find somewhere and hide angry

They've sacrificed Sunday Igboho to the Fulani people

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by gentiles(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2021
CandyOps:
Nigeria is exhausting.. tbh.

One mumu man dey call am "our supreme leader". You and who supreme leader??

So let's assume that Biafra works out shey na the same thing una dey for East now una go continue to de do? My guys for abroad go call me ask me how is Nigeria? I go reply, "them no dey ask how hellfire dey"

We're just stuck in the middle here

Shey na for this condition we go born our pikin?
How is it your concern? Be more concerned about the skull mining going on in your region. Afonja

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by EmekaBlue(m): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Oya

Afonjas start showin your hatred in this thread until it gets to page 7+

Haters

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Lanretoye(m): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Hope they will not inject him before his release.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by PointZerom: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
grin

He's not getting bail stop this propaganda

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Terrier99: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Igbo youths are talented in chest beating.
Igbo Elders are talented in begging.

This strikes a balance.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Jidemoo: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
They should release him

This lockdown of a thing don tire person like me and atleast the hoodlums that do use that avenue to perpetrate evil will stop

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Terrier99: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
gentiles:

How is it your concern? Be more concerned about the skull mining going on in your region. Afonja

All these Igbos born to fulani fathers sef. I don't know why you are afraid of facing the fulanis rapiing your mother.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by aspabay(m): 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
All SE leaders don go prostrate for Baba Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by janedonez(m): 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Shuo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Bastard1stborn: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Releasing this man is dangerous to the society. What nonsense is this? It must be a joke.

We are yet to deal with Omicron and FG want to risk another variant by throwing Kanucron into the society. Even if this man will be released, let him spend the New year inside that cell.

Please I'm not in support of FG but the innocent blood shed due to his directives and propaganda is too maximalcruel and genocidal.

Putting his selfish interest ahead his followers safety cost biafrians so much loss.

I dont like him for been Stewpid with the tactics he applied in dealing with the government. He thinks like a baby. Politics is not for babies I beg

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by aspabay(m): 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
beggers
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Maize Nnamdi Kanu has been compromised
So those idiots died for nothing
Buhari is truly man of God

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by McOluOmo: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
Maize Nnamdi Kanu has been compromised
So those idiots died for nothing
Buhari is truly man of God

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by BafanaBafana: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2021
Lol..
I wonder who started this lie.
Kanu is not appearing in court. His trial will take up to 3 years and if he is found guilty, he will be sentenced appropriately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Ayomi90: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2021
gentiles:

U shld be worried about your people "Igbos" now eating policemen flesh.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Forest122: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2021
Nice one sweet
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by Dhury: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2021
Justice for kanu victims. hold buhari responsible if he dare release the terrorist leader kanu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail by BruncleZuma: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin

And yet, the Naira vs Dollar dichotomy is still ongoing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Duke: ‘PDP Lost Election Due To Arrogance,’ Former Governor Says / Sacked Senator Atai Aidoko Ali Defies Court, Attends Senate Plenary / Is Dickson Pushing Jonathan Out Of Relevance In Bayelsa Politics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.