Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so (4111 Views)

Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State / INEC Manipulating PVCs To Favour Buhari, Says Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by EzeUche1(m): 4:44am On Jun 11, 2011
moremi2008:

What exactly are the benefits of having a representative in the highest political offices? I have searched high and low and I can't find it. The Igbo's are probably the smartest of the large ethnic groups. They have focused on what truly matters - building and developing strong local communities through infrastructure, commerce and education. With all their years in power, the North has not accomplished half of what Igbo's have accomplished. This aboki Musa man needs to mind his own business and work towards getting the almajiri off the streets instead of pretending to sympathize with the plight of an ethnic group that's collectively doing better than his. See pot calling china plates black!

That is very true.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by rareman(m): 7:07am On Jun 11, 2011
well said mr. Musa, but I want to know what u did when u were in power in ur state for the IGBOs, my opinion here is that u just want to be heard, (and we ve heard u thank u) pls for ur information we are no victims of anybody.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 11, 2011
naijaking1:

There's no question Igbos are still paying for the war, what's not so obvious on the short run is that Nigeria as a whole is also paying for the war, because anytime you hold somebody down, it takes useful energy that could have been used for other purposes to continue to hold that person down.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by chino11(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2011
Was it not the same expire aboki that came out for governorship re-election in almajiri kaduna state in the last year after being thrown out in 1982? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by gernded(m): 9:11am On Jun 11, 2011
every nigeria is been marginalized in one way or other,is not peculiar to igbos, then is yorubas been marginalized too??and what have other region got that igbos don't have.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by ypad: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2011
With or without the govt an Igbo man can survive anywhere, anytime. Igbo people are doing greatly with every little opportunity accord to them. The debt secured by the Husas for 40yrs takes an Igbo woman ( Okonjo Iwuala) 1yr for world bank to cancel it. What a Yoruba president (Obasenjo) could not do.

Musa should concentrate on how to improve the lives of dandoko, almajiri. He should think of how to set up healthcare in the remote areas in the north, his people are in need of water (borehole), no classroom, students sit under the tree to learn.

Leave the Igbo people alone and face the we the northerner, we really need greet help!!!
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by mrperfect(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2011
Not surprising but quite refreshing.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by emisun(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2011
when those criminals dey there ill gotten offices dey loot the treasury,u sick tribalists go come here to start some shitty stereotypical tribal war which i believe shudn't for any reason be fought on empty stomach or while bancrupt.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by emmke(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2011
the north is backward, the igbos are doing well bla bla. Why dont u guys just stay in that little hell of yours called the SE if u have such fantastic infrastructres as u are claiming here. Truth is SE is one f.uked up region and thats why u guys keep floodin they north even with the crisis up there. SE is one terrible place to stay, thats why significant number of you cant even leave in that hell of a region. Is either u are in the west or north, each time givin they locals trouble. What a set of people.

1 Like

Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2011
i think I know where this is going. why is he bringing this up now. The man is just trying to portray himself as a champion of the south east's political ambitions, playing along tribal lines to garner support. I'm just left wondering to what end as I can't see him becoming Nigeria's president.

as regards marginalization, i think we should have gone way beyond that. wether marginalized or not, pretty much every part of Nigeria is suffering from the rot at the center. let's take state governance, for instance. A major tribe cannot claim to be marginalized in its own states. Yet what have most state government done for the people of the state. opposition parties also get marginalized. How many ACN members recieved Federal appointments in the last dispensation? Yet the ACN governors have done pretty well with what they have. At the end of the day, it boils down to how you make use of what you have or get and not how much you get. Prime example: Bayelsa state.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:28am On Jun 11, 2011
emmke:

the north is backward, the igbos are doing well bla bla. Why dont u guys just stay in that little hell of yours called the SE  if u have such fantastic infrastructres as u are claiming here. Truth is SE is one f.uked up region and thats why u guys keep floodin they north even with the crisis up there. SE is one terrible place to stay, thats why significant number of you cant even leave in that hell of a region. Is either u are in the west or north, each time givin they locals trouble. What a set of people.

d'you mind telling us who stole your bread that you had to post that blatant waste of time and bandwidth?
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2011
jason123:

I think that is the closest Ndigbo will get to the presidency (VP) with the North as the president come 2015.

I am speaking objectively

Chyz*:

And I think the closest that you will ever get to Womanliness is in a sandbox.

I am speaking literally.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by JosephJon: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
No body should crucify  Musa for awakening the ibos.But what i foresee is the fulfillment of John Negroponti's prophecy come 2015. Nigeria will either give it to the ibos or face another somalia and Rhuwanda. Enough is enough. What we have in this country is sheep ruling lions and now the lion is awakened and the sheep should prepare to surrender or face been devoured.

I am happy Musa has made it publicly open into the ears of the ibos and soon we shall reply him come 2015,Thank you Mr.Musa I salute your courage no-matter how bitter the truth may be it is sweeter than falsehood.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by ZE: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
emmke:

the north is backward, the igbos are doing well bla bla. Why dont u guys just stay in that little hell of yours called the SE if u have such fantastic infrastructres as u are claiming here. Truth is SE is one f.uked up region and thats why u guys keep floodin they north even with the crisis up there. SE is one terrible place to stay, thats why significant number of you cant even leave in that hell of a region. Is either u are in the west or north, each time givin they locals trouble. What a set of people.

igbos wanted to leave nigeria (for biafra) you people refused an started the civil way to kill the igbos for attempting to leave your country(nigeria). now you have started complaining
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by chino11(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2011
emmke:

the north is backward, the igbos are doing well bla bla. Why dont u guys just stay in that little hell of yours called the SE  if u have such fantastic infrastructres as u are claiming here. Truth is SE is one f.uked up region and thats why u guys keep floodin they north even with the crisis up there. SE is one terrible place to stay, thats why significant number of you cant even leave in that hell of a region. Is either u are in the west or north, each time givin they locals trouble. What a set of people.

You are so pathetic that you have lost your sense being a human to an Ape. LOl who told you that Igbos are flooding your God forsaking region called yoorobaland The population in Onitsha alone is larger than the population of all the sw states put together. Maybe you have not moved out of your rural states of osun, ogun and rest of other junk Yoruba states to the East to better understand that more population are in the East than what you have in the southwest. Igbos are in lagos for obvious reasons which will elude lagos sooner than later. Tell me the population of Igbos in ibadan, akure, eketi, oson, ogon Definitely zero. Igbos have no damn in such rural states of yours. As Nigerian-Jews, Igbos are most advanced in Nigeria than any other group, more especially the Yorubas who are trailing the hausa alumanjiris. You guys are the most cursed region in Nigeria. Yorubas are the cause of Nigerian woes. Yorubas are the criminal and ritualists and ogbonis and all the evil Nigeria has seen in the last 100yrs. yorubaland has largely remained under-developed due to the evil they are swimming in. Even after holding on to power for 8yrs the southwest has effectively remained the poorest region in Nigeria. Igboman is in Lagos because of the seaport, today there is seaport in Onitsha awaiting presidentials commissioning, this will have adverse effect on lagos economy
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by Bokoharam: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
The problem is nt that Nigeria hates Igbo, it is that NdiIgbo hate one another & trade one another for position and money. And until NdiIgbo wake up from the slumber, and realise where the rain stopped beating them,
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by vicenzo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
chino11:

You are so pathetic that you have lost your sense being a human to an Ape. LOl who told you that Igbos are flooding your God forsaking region called yoorobaland The population in Onitsha alone is larger than the population of all the sw states put together. Maybe you have not moved out of your rural states of osun, ogun and rest of other junk Yoruba states to the East to better understand that more population are in the East than what you have in the southwest. Igbos are in lagos for obvious reasons which will elude lagos sooner than later. Tell me the population of Igbos in ibadan, akure, eketi, oson, ogon Definitely zero. Igbos have no damn in such rural states of yours. As Nigerian-Jews, Igbos are most advanced in Nigeria than any other group, more especially the Yorubas who are trailing the hausa alumanjiris. You guys are the most cursed region in Nigeria. Yorubas are the cause of Nigerian woes. Yorubas are the criminal and ritualists and ogbonis and all the evil Nigeria has seen in the last 100yrs. yorubaland has largely remained under-developed due to the evil they are swimming in. Even after holding on to power for 8yrs the southwest has effectively remained the poorest region in Nigeria. Igboman is in Lagos because of the seaport, today there is seaport in Onitsha awaiting presidentials commissioning, this will have adverse effect on lagos economy
Damn! I love this,waay to go bro.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by nduchucks: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
naijaking1:
What's been going on is the use of the instruments of the state to surpress Igbos to the advantages of those who percieve themselves as winners of the civil war.

If you remove the federal clog and energy deviced to hold Igbos down, you'll notice a nearly even playing field. Individually, everybody knows the Igbos remain superior overall.
I’m afraid the condition you described will remain as long as your Igbo leaders continue to support these instruments of state and even head many of the organizations which you claim are used to surpress Igbos. None of the devices you claim are used to keep Igbos down would be effective without your fellow Igbos and so-called leaders making sure that the condition remains. These leaders don’t give a hoot about your plight as long as they are compensated handsomely and make enough money to keep several generations of their families wealthy.

The day SW and SE put aside their hatred for each other and cooperate for the greater good will be the day hope begins to rise in the SE. Gba be. So far, the North dey kampe.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by tubolancer(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
in 2015 the igbo must not settle for less,any mistake will lead to total annihilation of the igbo in Nigeria political field.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by bkbabe97y(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2011
ypad:

The debt secured by the Husas for 40yrs takes an Igbo woman ( Okonjo Iwuala) 1yr for world bank to cancel it. What a Yoruba president (Obasenjo) could not do.

The tenacity of the Ibo man to turn the truth on its head, dutifully hate the Yoruba for no reason, and to claim glory when none is due will always be his downfall.

You doubt me? Read your post over!
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by aljharem3: 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
Bokoharam:

The problem is nt that Nigeria hates Igbo, it is that NdiIgbo hate one another & trade one another for position and money. And until NdiIgbo wake up from the slumber, and realise where the rain stopped beating them,

good
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by DeCleff(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
odiaero:

grin grin grin grin

No need for war again but Biafra State must come to stay wether Nigeria likes it or not. Remember Sudan is setting the pace that Nigeria must follow.

Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by Lagoseko(m): 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
b. musa is a fool. at his age should he still be contesting a position he left years ago? that means he has no aspiration talk less of comparing himself with industrious and rich igbo nation. fool i call him again.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by Parnassuss(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
People, we need to further a cause that will at last bring unity and peace to us all. All this talk about who is suppressing whom is retrogressive and unproductive. So I say, Join in my bid to actualize the Legality of Weed. Let us all smoke in Unity!!!!

Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by EzeUche1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
ndu_chuks is the most dangerous Northerner on NL. His ability to communicate in Igbo makes him a dangerous foe!
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by ChinenyeN(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2011
All this talk about marginalization, and now back to presidency, and civil war, and Biafra; so tiresome.

EzeUche!:

ndu_chuks is the most dangerous Northerner on NL. His ability to community in Igbo makes him a dangerous foe!
Then write in obscure Igbo. It cannot be that difficult.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by nduchucks: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

ndu_chuks is the most dangerous Northerner on NL. His ability to communicate in Igbo makes him a dangerous foe!

It is highly uncharacteristic of Ndigbo to exibit fear simply because anyone can communicate in Igbo. Igbos are typically tough folks - I am beginning to suspect that you may be a fake Igbo.

Don't you have enough foes at it is? Why have you classified me as your foe when I consider you my lovely brother? Nwannem what are you really afraid of and why are you threatened by faceless internet monikers?
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by naijaking1: 3:34am On Jun 13, 2011
EzeUche!:

Don't worry, the dan iska threatens no one.
Re: Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so by nduchucks: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
naijaking1:

Don't worry, the good man threatens no one.

Ezeuche, learn from your intellectual superior, naijaking1. Despite threashing him in the arena of ideas over countless of issues, hes still does not feel threatened by ndu_chucks. That is a typical Igbo trait.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace / Jonathan Abandons The Ibos - Backs Adekunle And The Yorubas / Jonathan We Are Sorry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.