Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else (20838 Views)

Get A Job This Coming Year Working As A Direct Sales Agent In A Fin. Institution / Working For 1 Hour Shows You Are Employed, NBS Tells Nigerians / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by tunapawizzy: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
when they tell you to read ur books,,,na so so FelaDurotoye and the likes u go dey read when they talk about working for urself and working for someone, no be 20k$ and 200k$ salary dem dey talk...The real problem here is that you do not know that someone earning 200k$ have a potential to buy off that company u r building..

d difference between 20k and 200k is 180k....I hope you know that difference is close to a 100million Naira...and I also hope you know 100m well invested in real eastate will fetch you about 10m Naira(20kUSD) yearly rent (and thats me being super conservative with my projection).

2 Likes

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by ImoleNaija: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
Motigbetional speaker got me laffing grin
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Omniman(m): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Tani werey yii

Or could he be saying.
He is saying he would rather make 8m all profit goes to him

Than make 80m all profit goes to the company cool

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
foolish deluded mindset of ignorant people who want to claim independent at any cost... even if it makes them look STOOPID!

the important question here are:
- is your life better now because you work for yourself?
- are you saying that earning 10% of what you were normally earning is an achievement?

people.... there is no shame in having a boss, especially if it makes you earn a good living for you and your family. only quit such job if you have a better/safe/valid opportunitythat wont make you lose your (and your family's) way of life. quitting your 82M job to go be independent and making 8M is not only absurd, it is an insult to your family.

i guess....TO EACH THEIR OWN MISERY!

You are a dumb and short-sighted person. That is all I have to tell you.
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by tunapawizzy: 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
How do people think salary earners dont have their money working for them..and they claim to be smart

2 Likes

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
miqos02:
500k in 1977 is small money abi? Dey whine your self

It is small compared to what he has now.

The idea here is that being your boss comes with the potential of you growing beyond anyone's imagination.

Jeff Bezos started Amazon from his room with a typewriter, bro. But now he is the richest man in the world.

Working for someone is not bad but you will be limited in live. 82 million might seem like it is much but it is fixed. However someone who makes 8 million as a boss has the potential of making billions in the future. And the freedom that comes with it is simply priceless.

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Chatflick(m): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
foolish deluded mindset of ignorant people who want to claim independent at any cost... even if it makes them look STOOPID!

- are you saying that earning 10% of what you were normally earning is an achievement?

people.... there is no shame in having a boss, especially if it makes you earn a good living for you and your family. only quit such job if you have a better/safe/valid opportunitythat wont make you lose your (and your family's) way of life. quitting your 82M job to go be independent and making 8M is not only absurd, it is an insult to your family.

It is not an insult. You're the one sounding absurd. Seems you already have a slave mindset. Tueh!

2 Likes

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by freeman67: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
There is no body that does not work somebody... Even the president of different countries are working for the citizen.. you can not make money without working for people. The Owner of bread bakery is a worker for the people eating the bread...

2 Likes

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Chatflick(m): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
chukzyfcbb:
The guy who makes 82m from his JOB will do far better than you making 8m in business.

Some entrepreneurs dey mumu sha. So you think the guy in a job will be there stagnant?

- He would grow more in professional experience to make him more valuable in the market
- He would be meeting higher people of importance at that salary level thus expanding his network

Someone who makes 82m a year can even rely on the annul interest yield for his yearly expense, if fixed in a safe debt instrument, while the capital remains untouched. (10% of 82m is 8.2m)

Either self employment or as employee, the goal is to make money and with 82m you have a bigger leverage to do that earlier.

GTFOH!!!
Myopic mindset. Freedom can never be overemphasized period.

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Deicide: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
What do they men by working for themself. are they paying themselves salaries?
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Chatflick(m): 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
freeman67:
There is no body that does not work somebody... Even the president of different countries are working for the citizen.. you can not make money without working for people. The Owner of bread bakery is a worker for the people eating the bread...
Seems you've not heard of the foreign exchange market. Lol. Ignorance is bad.

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by tunapawizzy: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Chatflick:

Myopic mindset. Freedom can never be overemphasized period.
He is telling you the truth...do you think someone that earns 200k will not invest his money...do you think the banks will not kneel at his door n tell him to take loans, which he can use to make more money

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
tunapawizzy:
when they tell you to read ur books,,,na so so FelaDurotoye and the likes u go dey read when they talk about working for urself and working for someone, no be 20k$ and 200k$ salary dem dey talk...The real problem here is that you do not know that someone earning 200k$ have a potential to buy off that company u r building

You are contradicting yourself.

The thing the speaker is trying to point out here is that he'd rather earn 8mil as a boss than work for someone without the idea of quitting.

If you have the plans of quitting in the future from a job where you earn 82million then you are very smart. But working for that paycheck without the plan of being your boss one day is unwise. That I think is what the person is trying to say.

Or, are you going to buy off someone else's company while you are still an employee to another company?

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Chatflick(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
tunapawizzy:

He is telling you the truth...do you think someone that earns 200k will not invest his money...do you think the banks will not kneel at his door n tell him to take loans, which he can use to make more money
So does that give him freedom? You guys talk about this as if freedom is nothing. If you prefer being a slave there is nothing wrong about it. Self employed people enjoy what salary earners can't enjoy and that's freedom. I was talking to my childhood friend yesterday and the she came back from work in the bank by 8 pm complaining that's she's so tired and funny enough what she does for them is what I do for myself at home. Same thing we do but she doesn't have freedom while I do. Freedom can never be overemphasized.

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by princillin: 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Be ur own Boss....work for ur legacy and not that of another man.

Learn, work and earn.
Learn forex, crypto, mini importation,web development.
For as small as #2000
Whatsapp @ 09064285433

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Nosayer: 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
apacheguy:
People have different paths they find most suitable for their type of person.

Some would prefer figuring things out on their own, they're ready to give their all and make expensive sacrifice than been led by other people, while others would prefer being led than figuring things out, and all these exist in history.

Elon Musk, Bill Gates etc are prominent examples of self taught whose success see the light, there are others who will never make it to that level while there be those who will get there but will take longer time.

While as we know it, there would definitely be people who whose personality style is growing within a structured system, being given roles and tasks, seek validation of others (Superiors and Bosses) before they develop the confidence to take the world.

Know your type of person, have conviction of who you are and stick to it.

Your assertions are correct but you must also understand that the mindet of an inventor is far different from that of an ordinary business owner. Inventors are naturally restless people who usually lose out at the beginning of their exploits but learn through bitter lessons how to be a good business person and an inventor at the same time.

If you're not an inventor, it'd be difficult to think like one.
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Yankee101: 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
It's easy to say when the opportunity hadn't been presented
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by MartinsD12(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

Who even see 82m job talk less of 8m

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Richy4(m): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
shineeye1:
Preferring the big salary working for another man is exhibition of poor vision. What happens when they suddenly sack you?!

Based on your question about being sacked,..
You have seen what the pandemic has done to many business owners .. Many of them struggled and some are still struggling.. and a lot of them have closed their business doors permanently..

Both the owners of Businesses and the employees faces challenges/Risks..

You made a reckless statement there by saying people that prefer big salaries exhibits poor vision...

Meaning every Nurses must open a business where he/she can practice health care giving..
Bankers the same...All Police/ Army personnel that receives salaries should open a security outlet.. Just All in the name of being a business owner with excellent vision? Haba!!

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by tunapawizzy: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

You are contradicting yourself.

The thing the speaker is trying to point out here is that he'd rather earn 8mil as a boss than work for someone without the idea of quitting.

If you have the plans of quitting in the future from a job where you earn 82million then you are very smart. But working for that paycheck without the plan of being your boss one day is unwise. That I think is what the person is trying to say.

Or, are you going to buy off someone company while you are still an employee to another company?

well the speaker didnt state all that. Meanwhile those earnings are so far apart that even if he stated that, u wouldnt blame anyone for choosing safety. He probably needs to put things in context...what kind of business is the 8m generated from, what country are you operating the business from. And yes people buy into other companies where theres no conflict of interest with the organization they work for.....
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by freeman67: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Chatflick:

Seems you've not heard of the foreign exchange market. Lol. Ignorance is bad.

You are actually the ignorant one. Foreign exchange is a service rendered to someone whether online from your bedroom or anywhere. Once you depend on another person to buy before you make money, you are working for somebody.
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by apacheguy: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nosayer:

Your assertions are correct but you must also understand that the mindet of an inventor is far different from that of an ordinary business owner. Inventors are naturally restless people who usually lose out at the beginning of their exploits but learn through bitter lessons how to be a good business person and an inventor at the same time.

If you're not an inventor, it'd be difficult to think like one.

Figuring things out by oneself is the same personality shared by "Inventor, investor and probably a business man".

It all entails conviction of your person and the boldness to forge ahead. Unending intentional learning, mistakes and re-allignment.

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by kenchop: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
YOU ARE NOT BEING SINCERE.

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by mfm04622: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
YezoBlogger:
grin
Kindly follow me for more

This mindset, na confirm work of village people!
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by BLoomfrancs(m): 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
tunapawizzy:

well the speaker didnt state all that. Meanwhile those earnings are so far apart that even if he stated that, u wouldnt blame anyone for choosing safety. He probably needs to put things in context...what kind of business is the 8m generated from, what country are you operating the business from. And yes people buy into other companies where theres no conflict of interest with the organization they work for.....

I understand you but I will advice anyone to go with the 8million option. See, my brother used to work for a firm in Abj where he earns below 150k but he quit some years back and went into cryptocurrency investment. Now, he is a multi millionaire. Bro, you see freedom is something no one shd joke with. As an employee, you will never know what you can achieve if you have freedom.

2 Likes

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by tunapawizzy: 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Chatflick:

So does that give him freedom? You guys talk about this as if freedom is nothing. If you prefer being a slave there is nothing wrong about it. Self employed people enjoy what salary earners can't enjoy and that's freedom. I was talking to my childhood friend yesterday and the she came back from work in the bank by 8 pm complaining that's she's so tired and funny enough what she does for them is what I do for myself at home. Same thing we do but she doesn't have freedom while I do. Freedom can never be overemphasized.

THis your generalization ehn. So much talk about freedom...By freedom i want to assume you mean no pressure of waking up early, rushing to work and having to choose when u close.......You think someone that will grow his business from 20kUSD to overtake someone earning 200kUSD, will have the kind of work ethics where theres this kind of freedom.... A Business owner that will grow business by that magnitude will put in a lot of work and sacrifice....ENtrepreneurship is not soft work sir, it is continuous tough work, entrepreneurs are constantly working.

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by tunapawizzy: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

I understand you but I will advice anyone to go with the 8million option. See, my brother used to work for a firm in Abj where he earns below 150k but he quit some years back and went into cryptocurrency investment. Now, he is a multi millionaire. Bro, you see freedom is something no one shd joke with. As an employee, you will never know what you can achieve if you have freedom.

I will advice anyone to check if their plan is solid enough......

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Chatflick(m): 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
tunapawizzy:

THis your generalization ehn. So much talk about freedom...By freedom i want to assume you mean no pressure of waking up early, rushing to work and having to choose when u close.......You think someone that will grow his business from 20kUSD to overtake someone earning 200kUSD, will have the kind of work ethics where theres this kind of freedom.... A Business owner that will grow business by that magnitude will put in a lot of work and sacrifice....ENtrepreneurship is not soft work sir, it is continuous tough work, entrepreneurs are constantly working.
You know nothing so I won't argue with you. Continue to live in wonderland.
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Jaqenhghar: 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

What they fail to realize is everyone answers to somebody. Even the Mark Zuckerbergs, the dangotes all answer to someone or a group of people

1 Like

Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Chatflick(m): 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
freeman67:

You are actually the ignorant one. Foreign exchange is a service rendered to someone whether online from your bedroom or anywhere. Once you depend on another person to buy before you make money, you are working for somebody.
Lol you don't have sense sorry to say. Go and read about Forex and stop embarrassing your family on Nairaland. See the confidence sef. Nawa
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Born2Breed(f): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
This one nor get sense.

I rather settle for 100% of the whole than 10% of the half.
Re: I Rather Make N8M A Year Working For Myself Than N82M Working For Someone Else by Jaqenhghar: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Chatflick:

That freedom you speak of is an illusion. Bill Gates when he was CEO complained about how work was taking so much of his time that he wished there was more than 7 days a week to enable him find time to do his tasks. My friend's father who is a very successful poultry farmer is always the first person on the farm. He doesnt get there later than 6am and is always the last to leave sometimes at 8 pm all depending on whats going on on that farm. This is the story of the CEOs and bosses. They also answer to aboard of directors, or to some group of investors. No successful man is God. Thats why many of their wives cheat or file for divorce... the complaints are the same. My husbad doesnt have time for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power List Of Shortlisted Candidates In Various States 2016 / Who Knows About Greywolf Empire? / Sadiya Umar Farouq: Why We Are Yet To Pay 12,000 N-Power Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.