Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD (1601 Views)

Ojukwu On Awo, Zik, Obasanjo, Ahmadu Bello, Fela, Gani & Bianca / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Achebe On Awo: Igbo, Yoruba Leaders In ‘verbal Warfare’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by EzeUche1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2011
Attack on Awo: Yoruba leaders must call Tinubu to order - AD

Written by Taiwo Adisa
Friday, 10 June 2011

THE national chairman of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), Senator Mojisoluwa Akinfenwa, has asked leaders in Yorubaland, including traditional rulers, to immediately call the former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, to order, in respect of the vituperations of his associate, Mr Sam Omatseye, on the family of the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Akinfenwa, in a statement on Thursday, said Tinubu’s indirect attacks on the Awolowo family was an insult to the Yoruba race, adding that such a development was clearly a confirmation that the former governor  did not receive good parental upbringing.

“It is surprising that a man of questionable background will start raining abuses on a family of undisputed integrity and a woman, who our leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, described as his jewel,” Akinfenwa said, adding that Tinubu’s sponsored attacks on Awolowo family was part of his plot to emerge as Yoruba leader.

“We were not suprisped that African Magic Yoruba, on DSTV Channel, came up with a questionnaire, which shows that Tinubu was a main contender for the leadership of the Yoruba.

“It is clear that the channel has embarked on a self destruction agenda, which it may never overcome. Tinubu is only the leader of African Magic as he can only lead by magic.

“Papa Awo is revered by all true sons of Yorubaland. Some miscreants cannot come from nowhere to cast aspersions on his character and family. All those who did that in the past have always received their reward here on earth.

“The first editorial of Concord Newspapers was devoted to attacking Awolowo. Today, that newspaper has gone down into history.

“We know that as a result of the planned attempt by Tinubu to smuggle himself as leader of Yoruba, some of our traditional rulers would soon be put under pressure to confer on him the title. We want to warn that Yoruba leadership is not for sale, it is not to be conferred on persons with questionable backgrounds.

“Any Yoruba oba who falls for the trick of naming a person of unknown origin a leader should beware of the curses of our ancestors,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/23350-attack-on-awo-yoruba-leaders-must-call-tinubu-to-order-ad
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by EzeUche1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2011
How can a drug dealer like Tinubu insult Awolowo's family?  shocked
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Ngodigha: 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
This has gone beyond what was declared. What was declared was Yoruba bashing week and that does not include insulting Awo's family.
Tinubu should apologise to Awo's family or else,
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by youngmonie: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
Ok, people are really getiing one thing wrong!!!, wa it TINUBU that said all that was said !!, or was it a journalist??, lets begin to reason before we talk!!! wht tinubus own in all this shit??
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by 2mch(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
youngmonie:

Ok, people are really getiing one thing wrong!!!, wa it TINUBU that said all that was said !!, or was it a journalist??, lets begin to reason before we talk!!! wht tinubus own in all this poo??

Was it not you screaming a few days ago that mama HID = Tribune? If you can say that then Tinubu = The Nation. You should not be so hypocritical. It invalidates all your arguments.lol. cheesy. You can give heat, but cant stand it.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by kasiem(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
To tell our Yoruba neighbours to join igbos in practicing acephalous kind of leadership will be like indirectly condemning their centralised system, but, for them to circumscribe resting their leadership in the hands of a proud criminal like tinubu, i think they should tow our lane.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Rhino5dm: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2011
^was Ojukwu NOT an Idio*t? Still you people regard him as your leader even after leading more 2 million Igbos to the slaughter house. Free BAT!
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by kasiem(m): 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
I dont give my time to bas.t.ards. I just blame the day harlotry entered into the world,otherwise, u wd've been inexistent.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by EzeUche1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^was Ojukwu NOT an Idio*t? Still you people regard him as your leader even after leading more 2 million Igbos to the slaughter house. Free BAT!

You just couldn't resist. Keep Ojukwu off this thread and stay on topic.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Rhino5dm: 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
Why should i give a fucck about the inventors of cannibalism, money rituals and drug pushing?

I just blame your father for not using you for money rituals inplace of your ashawa mother.

You must have been a products of 'baby making factories' littering the SE, a place where children are bought and sold from their pros*ituting mothers.

Nkiata Ara!
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by EzeUche1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Now this is the Rhino we have all come to know. Keep it up. . .  grin I know it is frustration coming from you.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by ezeagu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
[center][/center]

Whoever argues with a frustrated Rhino needs a blood test.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by EzeUche1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^

Is the one on the bottom Ileke-Idi? shocked
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by ezeagu(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
It could be whoever nairaland's resident rhino wants it to be. wink
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Rhino5dm: 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2011
You know you will chicken out with your efforts of trying to look like a smart dude.

Tit for tat! Insult yoruba and i will switch mode and unleash the dragon. Remember old soldier never dies!

You do me, I do you. . .man no go vex!

EzeUche!:

You just couldn't resist. Keep Ojukwu off this thread and stay on topic.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by EzeUche1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
Rhino just learn to stay on topic "old soldier." No need to act like a military grunt, when you are competing against a tactician. grin
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by ezeagu(m): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2011
[center][size=58pt]NOT. THE. DRAGON!!![/size]

[/center]
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
All these old men should go and die.Was it not this same Akinfenwa that sold out Awolowo's leagcy to pdp in 2003 and is now yarning rubbish ? What will have become of SW if Tinubu didn't see the danger ahead and pull out of the dying AD which this old foools spoilt because of money ? !
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Rhino5dm: 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
I prefer bleepin Bianca since Ojukwu is now a vegetable man. tongue

At least my dicck can reach her upper abdomen to compensate for all the losses while that idio*tic Ojuwu was not able to service her.
EzeUche!:

^^^

Is the one on the bottom Ileke-Idi?  shocked
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by kasiem(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Why should i give a fucck about the inventors of cannibalism, money rituals and drug pushing?

I just blame your father for not using you for money rituals inplace of your ashawa mother.

You must have been a products of 'baby making factories' littering the SE, a place where children are bought and sold from their pros*ituting mothers.

Nkiata Ara!
i never expected less from, fact has made it known that all this bas.tar.ds that were out of marriage tend to have more knowledge of obscene and derogatory language than normal language. U aren't betraying the fact that u were product of forced di.ck into a hopeless p.us.sy, as acts of violation are culture in ur land. Keep wasting ur time on internet researching to know whether there have any proved cure for aids so that ur mother will regain her health again. And i wish u luck in ur quest to find a father u never had in life.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by kasiem(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Nkiata Ara!
i never expected less from, fact has made it known that all this bas.tar.ds that were out of marriage tend to have more knowledge of obscene and derogatory language than normal language. U aren't betraying the fact that u were product of forced di.ck into a hopeless p.us.sy, as acts of violation are culture in ur land. Keep wasting ur time on internet researching to know whether there have any proved cure for aids so that ur mother will regain her health again. And i wish u luck in ur quest to find a father u never had in life.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Rhino5dm: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
^
How much did they buy a mooron like you from those babies making factories?

Not for your stubborn mother refusing to be on her pills, your pathetic self would have end up in a latrin as a maggot,

Cess pit scumbag for the slums of SE with a genetic imblance of feasting on humans.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by kasiem(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
It seems u want to know the cost of a child in the market so that u can help ur sister that u ra.ped to properly dispose hers. U were lucky that nigerian laws never accomodated abortion,otherwise, u wd've ended as a spilled blood without coming to this world to constitute a nuissance. Wasted sperm.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by dayokanu(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
The same Akinfenwa who cant win an election in his living room
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Mynd44: 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
How is this connected to Tinibu? Na im write the article?
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by T9ksy(m): 1:00am On Jun 11, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I prefer bleepin Bianca since Ojukwu is now a vegetable man. tongue

At least my dicck can reach her upper abdomen to compensate for all the losses while that idio*tic Ojuwu was not able to service her.

What losses? Ojukwu hasn't been able to get it up for bianca in ages hence the smart woman found her self a toy boy who incidentally just happens to be a blood relative of the Ikemba.
He actually resides in Ojukwu's house as Bianca's live-in toy boy-he's only 37.

Bianca’s fiancé packs into husband’s home

Bianca’s quick action to pack her new fiancé, Honorable Commissioner Robert Okonkwo, into her marital home in Enugu has unsettled many within the Ojukwu family. Robert Okonkwo is a 37year old blood relative to Odimegwu Ojukwu who serves under the Peter Obi administration as the commissioner for special duties and transport – a post previously held by Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu [Jr].  Robert Okonkwo was Bianca Ojukwu’s choice for the post after Ojukwu [Jr] resigned. Robert Okonkwo presently commutes to work from Ojukwu’s home in Enugu. Knowledgeable folks who could no longer remain mute tell 247ureports.com that Bianca Ojukwu’s actions are not without reason

http://www.247ureports.com/index.php?s_id=3&a_id=173
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Wizardofoz: 1:29am On Jun 11, 2011
dayokanu:

The same Akinfenwa who cant win an election in his living room

hmmm, the same BAT who couldnt beat Funsho Williams

The same Akande who couldnt win an election in his close-up full bathroom

The same Osoba who lost to OGD in his backyard; not to talk of him running to London to save face and spend his ill-acquired loot.
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by aljharem3: 1:30am On Jun 11, 2011
Wizardofoz:

The same Akande who couldnt win an election in his close-up fillid bathroom

The same Osoba who lost to OGD in his backyard

gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjmmmmmmm
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Jun 11, 2011
Wizardofoz:

The same Akande who couldnt win an election in his close-up full bathroom

The same Osoba who lost to OGD in his backyard; not to talk of him running to London to save face and spend his ill-acquired loot.

How come Tinubu, Osoba and Akandes cronies are in power right now and not Akinfenwas
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by Wizardofoz: 1:39am On Jun 11, 2011
dayokanu:

How come Tinubu, Osoba and Akandes cronies are in power right now and not Akinfenwas

Igba kan o lo ile aye forever

Hopefully, you'd still be saying the same thing in 4 yrs time.

Oba mewa, Igba mewa ni ile aye!
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by dayokanu(m): 1:47am On Jun 11, 2011
Asiko awon Pindipi ti koja
Re: Attack On Awo: Yoruba Leaders Must Call Tinubu To Order - AD by enyojo(f): 7:37am On Jun 11, 2011
[size=14pt]All of you bashing yourselves over nothing are just wasting your time.
A man who is a writer 'composed' an article relating to how the Awo family have abandoned the Awolowo's beliefs and ideals.
Then many people started attacking him calling him names.
I personally think, it would have been more sane and civil for people who are opposed to his opinions to either respond line-by-line instead of calling him names or going to the extent of attacking Tinubu.

I have been previlaged to be part of an Endurance Treck to Awolowo's house during my NYSC days and I saw H.I.D Awolowo. She complained bitterly to the State Coordinator that we were not well coordinated when we entered her compund, that we were just parambulating about looking at the Awo statutes and other things. She threatened the State Coord to report her (a woman) to OGD and even th OBJ (then President).

Could you believe how soldiers rough-handled us over that night? I have never seen that in ALL my life! After treckking for hours in the day, we stood in a funny way most part of the night because of a proud and obstinate old woman who wines and dines with people who have finished and killed the legacies that her late husband struggled all his life to build.

Many corp members fainted from that unforgettable night experience
![/size]

Source: Ask any Ogun state corp member from August 2006 to Sept 2007

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mark Returns From Medical Trip, Says He Is Moved By Love From Nigerians. / Seun When Are You Going To Collect National Award In Nigeria? / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.