Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria (205 Views)

Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by HelloWriter: 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
I know that it might sound strange to say that Christians are responsible for the insecurity ravaging the country. So, I'd like you to read through first before you comment.

To start with, I am a Christian myself. I have always thought that it's a shame that we say that we have privileged access to the Almighty and yet, we only complain and protest about the many persecutions we suffer in the hands of Muslims (such as the way Christians are targeted and killed from time to time).

Today, this thought returned again after I finished watching this video by one Emmanuel Bakare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8z0ukZvog

This video challenged me to the point that I will never complain against any persecution. Rather, I will begin to exercise the authority I have as a Christian over the situation. How I wished that even a few Christians here can take this challenge with me.

We cannot escape the accusation of being hypocrites when we claim to have a privileged access to the Almighty God and yet, we complain against ordinary jihadists and their sponsors. They should be the ones complaining against us.

It is one thing to have a loaded gun, but it is yet another thing to pull the trigger on an assailant when we're attacked. If you have even the most powerful weapon but you fail to use it when need be, someone can kill you with an ordinary stick.

After watching that video, I now feel strongly that we Christians are like people who have missiles but we're allowing stick-wielding enemies to oppress us. I urge every Christian to watch that video and let us pool our spiritual resources against our detractors.

One scripture says, "pray for the peace of Jerusalem". It makes me understand that the insecurity situation in Nigeria is NOT in accordance with the will of God. So, we have God's backing to destroy the destroyers.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Re: OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by HelloWriter: 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
I believe strongly that God wants me to give this message to Nigerian Christians today. How, do I know? Although I am a Christian, I hardly visit the Christianity section of Nairaland. But, today, I found myself reading a thread about "slave mentality" and how it affects people. The post is on a devotional based on an event that took place between Moses and the people of Israel.

Moses told them that God would deliver them. But, they mocked Moses and refused to believe what he said. So, they couldn't be delivered. There is a line of the message that says the same thing as the above video. See it here https://www.nairaland.com/6876954/cac-living-water-daily-devotional#108136607

The line I am talking about says...

And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

Here, I understand that the people's faith was blocked by the "anguish of spirit". I compare this with how we Nigerian Christians would rather block our faith with complaints (anguish of spirit) instead of exercising that faith.
Re: OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by Leverage2021: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
Na inferiority complex dey worry you

State has power over religion

State has all the instruments of war and defense

All we ask is that they should provide security for all Nigerians

Jihadists don't have Monopoly of power, they can't be bigger than state

God no go use hand con fight for you
Re: OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by HelloWriter: 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Leverage2021:
Na inferiority complex dey worry you

State has power over religion

State has all the instruments of war and defense

All we ask is that they should provide security for all Nigerians

Jihadists don't have Monopoly of power, they can't be bigger than state

God no go use hand con fight for you
I expected such a criticism. Those for whom the message is meant would take the message, use it, and it will make them to rule you and your generation in the future.
Re: OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by Tingotoe: 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
HelloWriter:
I know that it might sound strange to say that Christians are responsible for the insecurity ravaging the country. So, I'd like you to read through first before you comment.

To start with, I am a Christian myself. I have always thought that it's a shame that we say that we have privileged access to the Almighty and yet, we only complain and protest about the many persecutions we suffer in the hands of Muslims (such as the way Christians are targeted and killed from time to time).

Today, this thought returned again after I finished watching this video by one Emmanuel Bakare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8z0ukZvog

This video challenged me to the point that I will never complain against any persecution. Rather, I will begin to exercise the authority I have as a Christian over the situation. How I wished that even a few Christians here can take this challenge with me.

We cannot escape the accusation of being hypocrites when we claim to have a privileged access to the Almighty God and yet, we complain against ordinary jihadists and their sponsors. They should be the ones complaining against us.

It is one thing to have a loaded gun, but it is yet another thing to pull the trigger on an assailant when we're attacked. If you have even the most powerful weapon but you fail to use it when need be, someone can kill you with an ordinary stick.

After watching that video, I now feel strongly that we Christians are like people who have missiles but we're allowing stick-wielding enemies to oppress us. I urge every Christian to watch that video and let us pool our spiritual resources against our detractors.

One scripture says, "pray for the peace of Jerusalem". It makes me understand that the insecurity situation in Nigeria is NOT in accordance with the will of God. So, we have God's backing to destroy the destroyers.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
This Pentecostal Christian is highly misguided. Pentecostal Christian's don't know that their doctrine is in error grin
Re: OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by Danjikanbauchi: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
A jihadist is not proud of his religion he is claiming Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Christians Are To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria by Zooposki(f): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
Religion can never help. All religion was created by man and takes away your spirituality. That is why all your prayers against the Jihadist will never worked. The worst is Christianity. Practicing Christianity is the highest form of witchcraft.

(1) (Reply)

My Helper, Please Locate Me This Month. / Just In #justiceforsylvesteruromoni Began At Asaba Delta State / Ume Kalu: A Dysfunctional Personality Desperately Looking For Political Rehabil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.