Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead (23766 Views)

Maria Igbinedion: Housemaid, Dominion Okoro Recounts How She Killed Her Madam / US Basketball Players Honour Igbinedion Osaretin After Accident In Texas. PIC / Osaretin Igbinedion Dies In Car Accident In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by colyx1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
Eyah..... She tried. She donated one of her kidneys to her son, Lucky igb so many years ago. But ur son useless Edo state sha when he was governor. Sotay Lucky papa wan buy full sapele road.

Anyway RIP

1 Like

Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by princewarri1985: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
Swinger60:
I want to ask, did you people pay them?

how can I pay debt of someone that's dead?

what's the proof that the person was actually owing?
Yes we struggled then to pay most of the debt but not all of them, the most troublesome ones among the were the ones we paid most especially the woman my dad bought 2 basket of garri from, she is the most troublesome among them all and also a witch, i knew that my dad was owing her because he took me along with him to buy the garri on credit and i was the one who carried the garri home
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by baby124: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
princewarri1985:
Yes we struggled then to pay most of the debt but not all of them, the most troublesome ones among the were the ones we paid most especially the woman my dad bought 2 basket of garri from, she is the most troublesome among them all and also a witch, i knew that my dad was owing her because he took me along with him to buy the garri on credit and i was the one who carried the garri home
She’s a witch because she wants her money. Do you think someone selling garri has the money to be selling on credit in the first place. Shows she has a good heart and sold to your dad so he can eat, even though she was most likely poor. She probably is most in need of the money than the richer debtors.

You will not blame your dad for being a serial debtor, but blame the people who gave him loan to support a life he cannot afford. If they don’t give now, you will be making new enemies because, you feel entitled to everybody’s money. Smh.
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by Ologbo147: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
baby124:

Why she get Yoruba name? Do some people bear Yoruba name in Usen?
They are bilingual Edos, they speak both Usen( a yoruboid language) and Edo
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by PrincewithGod(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
It is appointed unto man once to die, but after that, the judgement.
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by Deadlytruth(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Papito:

If you have not hold leadership position, you won't know the challenges those is charge are facing.
No local government chairman till date has beat Lucky's record when he was in Oredo LGA. It was on that antecedent people came out and vote massively for him believing he will replicate same at the State level.
To me, he didn't plan to fail but the negative forces around these leaders are more than the positive once
After failing in his first term, he was given a second chance but he even failed more badly. Why?
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by Deadlytruth(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
miniziter:

Yes, they are part of the Yoruba speaking Edos. Although, they speak a special Yoruba language, same with Egbeta and Akoko-Edo people. These people shared boundary with Ondo as well.
Akoko-Edo people are not Yoruba speaking at all. Don't let the Akoko tag in the name mislead you into assumptions. In Akoko-Edo the languages spoken are Etuno, Ososo, Okpameri, Uneme, Okpe, Ikpeshi, Atteh, etc and none of them is mutually intelligible with Yoruba. Akoko-Edo languages have alphabets z, v and even the ch sound which are all absent in Yoruba. The Akoko tag in the name doesn't connote Yorubaness but a geographical proximity to the Akokos of Ondo State. Akoko-Edo simply means the Edo people who are geographical neighbours to the Akokos. They borrowed the Akoko tag as a result of inability to agree on a home made name to reflect their ethnic diversity in the area. You may doubt all these but below are some native Akoko-Edo names which obviously a Yoruba person would not know what they mean;
Okondo, Pendo, Ajimego, Onyonnude, Oyonorifo, Asesho, Ashofo, Emmasealu, Oghene, Agenemeshe, Ozioma, Aviogana, Oshikowa, Lawani, Oyerei, Oremei, Igbelazor, Eneze, Eshioshine, Eshemokai, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by miniziter(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Akoko-Edo people are not Yoruba speaking at all. Don't let the Akoko tag in the name mislead you into assumptions. In Akoko-Edo the languages spoken are Etuno, Ososo, Okpameri, Uneme, Okpe, Ikpeshi, Atteh, etc and none of them is mutually intelligible with Yoruba. Akoko-Edo languages have alphabets z, v and even the ch sound which are all absent in Yoruba. The Akoko tag in the name doesn't connote Yorubaness but a geographical proximity to the Akokos of Ondo State. Akoko-Edo simply means the Edo people who are geographical neighbours to the Akokos. They borrowed the Akoko tag as a result of inability to agree on a name to reflect their ethnic diversity in the area. You may doubt all these but below are some native Akoko-Edo names which obviously a Yoruba person would not know what they mean;
Okondo, Pendo, Ajimego, Onyonnude, Oyonorifo, Asesho, Ashofo, Emmasealu, Oghene, Agenemeshe, Ozioma, Aviogana, Oshikowa, Lawani, Oyerei, Oremei, Igbelazor, Eneze, Eshioshine, Eshemokai, etc.
Do they speak Yoruba language or not?

Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by Deadlytruth(m): 3:50am On Dec 04, 2021
miniziter:

Do they speak Yoruba language or not?
They don't speak Yoruba. Funny you quoted Wikipedia which anybody could edit to suit their sentiments. I just listed out some native names of the people and I had expected you to tell us their meanings if you think they are Yoruba words.

I repeat, the languages spoken are Etuno, Ososo Okpameri, Uneme Okpe,Ikpeshi, Atteh, etc None of them has any linguistic affinity with Yoruba Language. People who speak Yoruba in Akoko-Edo are the Yorubas who come to the place in large numbers from neighbouring Ondo State for commercial pursuits. No Akoko-Edo native speaks Yoruba as mother tongue.

The only actual Yoruba people that ever existed in Akoko-Edo were a village called Imeri whose natives actually speak Yoruba as mother tongue, but while they were in Akoko-Edo they never felt comfortable hence kept complaining of being among strangers. During the 1991 creation of states and boundary adjustment, IBB listened to their cries and carved them into Ondo State to join their kit and kin just across the boundary. You can google search The history of Imeri Village in Ondo State to see for yourself. If Akoko-Edo people are Yorubas, then why did Imeri people find themselves as strangers in their midst and wanted to leave?

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/boundary-dispute-two-communities-in-edo-and-ondo-states-on-edge/

Note where the report reads thus:

The issue on ground is the effort to determine the exact boundaries between Okpe in Akoko Edo and Imeri in Ondo State. If you must know, Imeri was one of the communities of Okpe in Akoko Edo before now. And since the Imeri people decided to move over to Ondo State, the boundaries will now have to be adjusted between Edo and Ondo States.

So kindly explain why Imeris decided to move away from Akoko-Edo LGA to Ose LGA in Ondo State if Akoko-Edo is a Yoruba territory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by mightyhaze: 5:52am On Dec 04, 2021
princewarri1985:
a witch cos she sold garri on credit so that your family can eat at the moment?

A witch cos she came to collect her money to service her own family so they won't die of hunger?

Now I don't know the manner in which she went about the recovery o.. many a ppl will actually forgive a dead man's debt esp if it's food and other affordable items,... But heck,she could also be in a very tight,life threatening corner . Nigerians must stop seeing borrowers or lenders as wicked ppl. If u no borrow,problem...if u come still borrow ,problem. I've seen some threads here of debtors mocking ppl or orgs that borrowed them money and are trying to get back their money. They even boast of not willing to pay,..taunting them to do their worst.

Not a good mindset
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by eebraa(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2021
How many wives Esama marry sef?
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by miniziter(m): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2021
Deadlytruth:
They don't speak Yoruba. Funny you quoted Wikipedia which anybody could edit to suit their sentiments. I just listed out some native names of the people and I had expected you to tell us their meanings if you think they are Yoruba words.

I repeat, the languages spoken are Etuno, Ososo Okpameri, Uneme Okpe,Ikpeshi, Atteh, etc None of them has any linguistic affinity with Yoruba Language. People who speak Yoruba in Akoko-Edo are the Yorubas who come to the place in large numbers from neighbouring Ondo State for commercial pursuits. No Akoko-Edo native speaks Yoruba as mother tongue.

The only actual Yoruba people that ever existed in Akoko-Edo were a village called Imeri whose natives actually speak Yoruba as mother tongue, but while they were in Akoko-Edo they never felt comfortable hence kept complaining of being among strangers. During the 1991 creation of states and boundary adjustment, IBB listened to their cries and carved them into Ondo State to join their kit and kin just across the boundary. You can google search The history of Imeri Village in Ondo State to see for yourself. If Akoko-Edo people are Yorubas, then why did Imeri people find themselves as strangers in their midst and wanted to leave?

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/boundary-dispute-two-communities-in-edo-and-ondo-states-on-edge/

Note where the report reads thus:

The issue on ground is the effort to determine the exact boundaries between Okpe in Akoko Edo and Imeri in Ondo State. If you must know, Imeri was one of the communities of Okpe in Akoko Edo before now. And since the Imeri people decided to move over to Ondo State, the boundaries will now have to be adjusted between Edo and Ondo States.

So kindly explain why Imeris decided to move away from Akoko-Edo LGA to Ose LGA in Ondo State if Akoko-Edo is a Yoruba territory.
How come they now bear Yoruba names? My boss at moniepoint is bearing a Yoruba name Oluwatobi from thesame Akoko-Edo.
Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by sharpwriter(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
visijo:
The moment after NYSC is when you realise you and your daddy have no connection.�
Truth! cry cry

1 Like

Re: Maria Oredola Igbinedion Is Dead by Deadlytruth(m): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
miniziter:

How come they now bear Yoruba names? My boss at moniepoint is bearing a Yoruba name Oluwatobi from thesame Akoko-Edo.

In my neighbourhood where I currently live in Lagos, I have a Yoruba friend who goes by the name Sanni Iyiola Sanni, and a co-tenant going by the name Aishat Bello. We all know that Sanni and Bello are Nupe and Hausa names. But does that make these neighborhood friends of mine Hausas or Nupes?
Do our bearing of English names like Douglas, Williams, George, Henry, etc make us white men and women?

Your boss must have a native name which. Ask him to tell you and you will be surprised you it is not Yoruba-sounding in anyway. Also ask your boss to speak his native language, and if you understand a single sentence in it as a Yoruba person, you can come back here to call me a liar.
In the middle belt parts of Nigeria most communities speak Hausa but when they speak their own indegenous language the Hausa man is totally lost.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check If You Are A Registered Voter / Kwankwaso Visited By Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner at his Home / Thugs Destroy Amaechi,s Polling Unit After INEC Excluded APC From Rivers Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.