Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again (483 Views)

Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN / "Was It An Inside Job?" - Fani-kayode Demands Investigation Into Airforce Crash / Sowore: Body Of SANs Knocks Nigerian Government, Demands Investigation Into Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
*HON. EMEKA MARTINS CHINEDU, DEMANDS INVESTIGATION INTO WHAT LED TO OF THE BILL AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE, WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION, AFTER MANY MONTHS IT WAS WITHDRAWN ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOUSE*

The lawmaker representing the good people of Ahiazu Mbaise/Ezinihitte federal Constitency in the green chamber of the National Assembly, Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu, has called for investigation into what led to the re-listing of his withdrawn Bill, entitled: "Criminal Code Amendment Bill 2021, that seeks to amend the Criminal Code Act, CAP 38, Laws of the Federal Republic, 1990", that was misrepresented as a Bill to Jail Protesters.

A visibly enraged Hon. Emeka Chinedu, who made the call during Wednesday's plenary, stated inter alia that: "Mr. Speaker, I want to bring a very important issue to your notice: I noticed yesterday in the Order Paper, that my Bill, of sometimes in July, precisely on the 6th of July, was listed in the Order Paper of yesterday without my knowledge."

Expressing shock, he stated: "Mr. Speaker, you know that, if one is listing a Bill or a Motion, he will write to you and you will endorse it before listing. So, I was shocked to see this same Bill being listed again in the Order Paper of yesterday, which I never authorized. I don't know the intention of listing this Bill again; you know the controversy this Bill generated. So , I will like you to investigate how this particular Bill came to the Order Paper, because I never authorized the listing of any Bill, and I don't know the intention of listing the Bill again". ..

It will be recalled that a Bill for amendment, Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu, sponsored on the planery of Tuesday, July 6, 2021, with the intent to curb Mob Action, popularly known as Jungle Justice, entitled Criminal Code Amendment Bill 2021, that seeks to amend the Criminal Code Act, CAP 38, Laws of the Federal Republic, 1990, was misconstrued by a section of the public as a result of a clear misrepresentation by the publishers of Vanguard Newspapers and others.

It is also of public knowledge that the said Bill was subsequently withdrawn on the floor of the House of Representatives, with the help of Mr. Speaker, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, after a heated nationwide controversy, in compliance with the calls and advices from concerned Nigerians, including bonafide sons and daughters of Ahiazu Mbaise/Ezinihitte Federal Constitency; while the climax was an apology that came from the publishers of Vanguard Newspapers in a publication of Friday August 20, 2021.pg10.

Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu, is by this action, keeping the members of the public especially his fellow constituents at alert, while demanding for an investigation into the matter. This - is in order - to ascertain the idea and motive behind the second and unauthorized listing of a Bill that was withdrawn as a result of misunderstanding that led to controversy.

Nnamdi Ukasanya
2nd December, 2021

Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
HON. EMEKA MARTINS CHINEDU, DEMANDS INVESTIGATION INTO WHAT LED TO OF THE BILL AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE, WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION, AFTER MANY MONTHS IT WAS WITHDRAWN ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOUSE*
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by IJOBA11: 12:08am On Dec 03, 2021
MAKE HE DEY DECEIVE HIMSELF angry

1 Like

Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:41am On Dec 03, 2021
Expressing shock, he stated: "Mr. Speaker, you know that, if one is listing a Bill or a Motion, he will write to you and you will endorse it before listing. So, I was shocked to see this same Bill being listed again in the Order Paper of yesterday, which I never authorized. I don't know the intention of listing this Bill again; you know the controversy this Bill generated. So , I will like you to investigate how this particular Bill came to the Order Paper, because I never authorized the listing of any Bill, and I don't know the intention of listing the Bill again".
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:28am On Dec 03, 2021
It will be recalled that a Bill for amendment, Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu, sponsored on the planery of Tuesday, July 6, 2021, with the intent to curb Mob Action, popularly known as Jungle Justice, entitled Criminal Code Amendment Bill 2021, that seeks to amend the Criminal Code Act, CAP 38, Laws of the Federal Republic, 1990, was misconstrued by a section of the public as a result of a clear misrepresentation by the publishers of Vanguard Newspapers and others.
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2021
Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu, is by this action, keeping the members of the public especially his fellow constituents at alert, while demanding for an investigation into the matter. This - is in order - to ascertain the idea and motive behind the second and unauthorized listing of a Bill that was withdrawn as a result of misunderstanding that led to controversy.
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu, is by this action, keeping the members of the public especially his fellow constituents at alert, while demanding for an investigation into the matter
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
*HON. EMEKA MARTINS CHINEDU, DEMANDS INVESTIGATION INTO WHAT LED TO OF THE BILL AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE, WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION, AFTER MANY MONTHS IT WAS WITHDRAWN ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOUSE*
Re: Hon. Chinedu,demands Investigation Into What Led To Re-listing Of The Bill Again by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:11am On May 04, 2023
HON. EMEKA MARTINS CHINEDU, DEMANDS INVESTIGATION INTO WHAT LED TO OF THE BILL AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE, WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION, AFTER MANY MONTHS IT WAS WITHDRAWN ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOUSE

(1) (Reply)

Why Nnamdi Kanu’s Case Deserves Political Solution —ohanaeze, ADF, Wabara, Other / The Enigmatic Peter Obi. / My Mum Gave Me 2 Charms When I Wanted To Make Money - Former Min. Nnia Nwodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.