Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,287 members, 7,853,352 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Able Ministers Of The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Able Ministers Of The Gospel (653 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / 7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Able Ministers Of The Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
. . .But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8).

As Christians, not only have we been divinely mandated to preach the Gospel (Mark 16:15), we’ve been endued with power from on high to function effectively as fervent souls winners. We’ve been made able ministers of the Gospel.

The Apostle Paul being mindful of this said,

“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry” (1 Timothy 1:12).

We’ve been divinely enabled to manifest the Kingdom-life and show forth the unsearchable riches, graces, excellence and manifold wisdom of Christ through the preaching of the Gospel. This charge is for every Christian, not for a select few!

You ought to be afire for the Lord, with your heart burning hot with the Good News. Never allow opportunities to preach the Gospel pass you by unutilized. Never be shy or intimidated to preach to anybody: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). There’s an anointing on you to preach the Gospel, and that anointing is activated the moment you open your mouth to witness to somebody about Christ.
You have the Holy Spirit, and He has already enabled you for the task, so all you need do is to go ahead, open your mouth and speak! You’ll be amazed at the gracious and powerful words of wisdom that’ll proceed out of your mouth. He said in

Luke 21:15,
“For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.”

No wonder He said in Psalm 81:10,

“…open your mouth wide and I will fill it…”

Which means once you’ve determined you’re going to communicate the Gospel to someone, the Lord will give you the words to speak; yours is to open your mouth and begin to speak. Begin conscious of what the Lord Jesus said in Luke 24

Luke 24:49
“…behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.”

This was fulfilled in your life when you were born again; you received the promise of the Father and became endued and enabled with power from on high to preach the Gospel.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me an able minister of the Gospel; your word of faith, salvation, deliverance and healing is in my heart today as a burning fire, shut up in my bones. And I declare it forth with power everywhere I go today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

1 Corinthians 4:1-2
Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

1 Peter 4:10
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

(1) (Reply)

The D-day Of Rapture Wisdom, Knowledge & Understand Will Fail Mankind / The Problem Of Evil / Ever Crossed Your Mind That God Is Trying To Create A Colony Of Righteous People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.