Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days (25139 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by jaybenugo: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days Following Death Of Sylvester Oromoni (Photos)

Dowen College has instructed students of the school to stay at home for two days, IgbereTV reports.

This comes after a student named Sylvester Oromoni Jr. died after allegedly being tortured by fellow students for refusing to join their cult group in school.

Dowen College has denied this allegation but Sylvester's family insists he was tortured at school and that he provided the names of his alleged bullies before he died.

The family also released a video of their son moments before his death to prove he was tortured.

Dowen College has now asked students to stay home today, Dec. 3, and on Monday Dec. 6.

The school will resume after so students can write their exams next week.

https://igberetvnews.com/1407802/dowen-college-shuts-school-2-days-following-death-sylvester-oromoni-photos/

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
#JusticeforSylvester

Why is no one talkin' about this. Sylvester could have been your son or kid brother....

It's even worse as the school authorities are trying ti shield the young criminals who did this to Sylvester...

The school should be locked down..

I dedicate my FTC to Sylvester. May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!!
May his killers never know peace..

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by lwisee: 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmmm when kids of this age start thinking about cult,what happens when they are grown.
I fear for the future of the coming generation.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
I know that the school is trying to protect it name.However,the school should fish out the perpetrators of the wicked crime and they should be punish.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Maxymilliano(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Shutting down the school temporarily will not bring back the dead, justice is what we demand and anyyone remotely involved must pay dearly for it.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by CandyOps(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Bullying in secondary schools is as old as time. Back in the days in FGC the senior boys then will kpokpo you to the extent that we had to leave the dormitory and sleep in classes at night or in the bushes. It was so horrible that even our house masters and supervisors couldn't do anything about it.

They beat us like criminals used planks 2by2, iron buckets, chains, edge of cutlasses, and their fists. It was so bad that whenever you see a student with a broken arm at the sickbay the first question he'll be asked would be, "who beat you up?"

It was so disheartening that the thought of going back to school after the mid-term break will literally make our hearts race and you will feel sick to your stomach.

The only solution to that would be to look into the authoritarian parenting style we have in Nigeria. The act of flogging or physically abusing kids when they err should be made illegal or proscribed. Because I believe the family is the cell of a society and the way our parents tidy our fxck ups is the same way a military man or police will tidy your fck up.. when you do something as simple as piss him off

That same system of rule is what is replicated in the senior boys that bully kids. It won't stop as long as we have a culture of physically publishing our kids. It's a trend we instilled in them. Spare the rod and spare the child.

I'm not sure I can put my kids through a boarding school after what I experienced. And this was more than 15 years ago. If something wey dey happen since 15 years ago no fit stop wetin make you feel say e go stop in another 15 years in the future??

I don't think it's right for parents to physically assault their kids in the name of punishment because there is no gauge to how much beating the kid deserves. Besides, there is a thin line between abuse and reprimand by flogging.

It's a major sign of bad parenting.. and as you know some trauma especially those experienced as kids or adolescents may lead to psychosis later in life.

And the underlying psychotic disorders will come to light as soon as the victim engages in drugs like weed, alcohol intoxication or some takes some prescribed psychotropic medications. Which is why it is bad to give or share weed with your friends wey never take am before.

You don't know who has a low-key psychosis

If you talk now, them go begin quote backward moral proverbs for you. Just watch

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by OssyMalik: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
I watched the video and couldn’t hold my tears. From what the father of the boy said, the boy was forced to drink a poisonous substance which burnt his lips. That may have killed him too
I also read on Facebook that the parents of the boys who beat the deceased hurriedly flew their kids out of the country to evade justice.

The government should be involved in this matter and justice be served just like the Deeper Life school

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Them no even mention mourning the pikin wey die!

At least them for pretend as if them care small!

Is life so insignificant these days

47 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
Matters arising

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by PennywysCares(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
embarassed

They murder that boy

6 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by youngllleo: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
O
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by WibusJaga: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021

So pathetic & heart-rending that the school tried to deny & cover up the truth even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by MidaserveNG: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
Saddening cry
With the deplorable state of events happening in the news brings the need for Functioning Surveillance Systems.

A reputable organization can claim to have CCTV Security Cameras without it being monitored or maintained regularly such that once situation arrives for events to be playedback, you'd find missing videos.

Unfortunately this is the case of numerous schools all around.

Ask the head teacher, the blame will be passed around, even down to the part-time staffs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Olam09(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
The school should be shut till further notice.. fùck the school officials.

6 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by okpas01: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Things are really getting out of hands. Young children in school are already carrying out cult activities and a school is covering up for them for the selfish aim of keeping customers. Politicians will lie to keep power, Preachers will lie to keep congregation etc. We are in era if lies and deceit and the earlier we tell ourselves the truth, we will continue to be in bondage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by headSmasher: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by adenuga558(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
hmm
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by opalu: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Terrible
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by AfroKnight: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
Should be shut down indefinitely.

The cover up is unforgivable.

A child was murdered but they tried to spin the story to look like a football injury. That’s unforgivable.

Other parents should read the writing on the wall. This is how the school would cover up the truth if your kid were bullied and killed by his mates.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Houseofglam7(f): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damage control undecided
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by JackDaAlienz(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Good
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by tutudesz: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
undecided
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by bolaayenimo: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
That boy couldn't have died because of football injury. Na today people dey play football?

6 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by potbelly(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hope the Lagos state ministry of education can investigate this case...

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by backnbeta(f): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please mothers, don't send your children to Nigerian boarding schools! There's a decent school you can drive them to around you because they don't treat these innocent children well, they will always cover their mistakes!! The seniors also went through this torture. Hence, I will blame the system mostly, not the students because it's a continuous cycle of victimisation! When some students will bear it and come out fine,your child may not be able to bear it, so don't give me that crap about everyone going through it and coming out stronger!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by manee2(m): 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
How do you mean force this little boy to be initiated into cultism? I'm sure the is more to this story sad sad
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
What the fvck is happening in our schools these days? Cases of students being killed or brutalized by fellow students or teachers is becoming too rampant. What exactly is happening?

As a parent, I’m really worried. School management and regulatory authorities really need to up their game. Schools should be a place for leaning and not a slaughter slab or brutalizing ground. That this nonsense is even happening mostly in private secondary schools make it more appalling. This must stop.

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by ForeThinker: 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
Like damn damn Dammmnn
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by Dailymice: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
smiley
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by condralbedez: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Why forcing him to join nah,na so the matter don reach now

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days by rajiedreez: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmm, when we say no to cultism some people will say its a matter of choice, but now even primary school pupils are claiming to be cultists. I fear for the future of this nation and any nation it might brake into.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Kills 2 FUOYE Students Who Are Siblings & A Bike Man / Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State Admission 2011/2012 / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.