Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? (2596 Views)

Julius Abure: Peter Obi Will Choose A Northern Muslim as Vice President / Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition / 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by VaselineCrew: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2021
Look at this video from this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6879395/man-accused-turning-students-yams

Not one person among the whole crowd could even speak up and ask logical questions, like how did he turn children into yam.

So you are telling me these are the people that will choose leaders for the few Nigerians that want the best for the country?

Do these guys even understand issues that need fixing? I’m sure when you mention things like needing a society with closed gutters instead of open gutters everywhere, one were danfo is punished for running red traffic lights at will, supply of water to homes and so on..., these ones will just be looking at you like “what is this one even saying?”

We have such a long way to go.

Great and sincere leadership at all levels can do wonders for us, but people like this make it almost impossible to get leaders that will tackle the issues.

These are the ones that awon Tinubu, Atiku dem will just share rice to and they believe it’s magic rice that will last 4 years. These are the ones that would never vote outside their tribe, even if their tribe presents the devil and the other tribe presents an Angel capable of making the society great and uplifting their lives in the process.

It’s already 2021!!! If we were still in 1950 or so, maybe I could understand, but now we have electric cars, the internet, smartphones, people going to space, movies with mind blowing budgets like the Avengers... yet, it seems Nigeria is halted even while having access to all these things.

May God save us from ourselves!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Sakamaje: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2021
It highlights why we have not developed much collectively as a people. The way people think in this parts are heavily influenced by superstition and mob mentality. Such people can't be expected to think critically and objectively.

13 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Techguy96(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2021
You are even part of them if u believe the fairy tales of religion. If u believe in talking snake, unicorns, talking donkey, parting of the red sea then there's no difference between you and the people that believed a human can be turned into a yam.

As for me, I have given up on Nigeria a long time ago.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Sakamaje: 7:45am On Dec 04, 2021
Techguy96:
You are even part of them if u believe the fairy tales of religion. If u believe in talking snake, unicorns, talking donkey, parting of the red sea then there's no difference between you and the people that believed a human can be turned into a yam.

I agree with you on the part about religion being a culprit. It is the breeding ground for conditioning people to behave the way those people that almost lynched the yam guy behave. That's why lynch mobs are common in this parts. I once witnessed a guy almost get lynched because of his girlfriend. They were having an argument that led the guy to walk away from the girl. Next thing she shouted 'thief, thief', and a mob quickly gathered and started beating the guy. He was lucky that some people that witnessed their initial exchanges were not far away, else he would have been burnt alive. Religion teaches people to believe things they can't prove, and without question. The moment you submit to that, you stop using your brain for what was meant for, and can easily believe all manner of crap.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by VaselineCrew: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2021
Techguy96:

I believe in Jesus, that doesn’t make me illogical, but even more scientific.

Jesus himself was a builder, a carpenter to be precise. So I can believe in Jesus and also want to build a better society.

You should question everything and any religion, and I have and can not find anything wrong with the life Jesus lived on earth. He did not fornicate, lust, kill, steal, cheat, lie and was a model character.

So please shelve that belief that once you believe in Jesus, it means you must be backward and not want a great society.
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Sakamaje: 7:54am On Dec 04, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Jesus himself was a builder, a carpenter to be precise. So I can believe in Jesus and also want to build a better society.

You should question everything and any religion, and I have and can not find anything wrong with the life Jesus lived on earth. He did not fornicate, lust, kill, steal, cheat, lie and was a model character.

So please shelve that belief that once you believe in Jesus, it means you must be backward and not want a great society.

Then you are no different guy. Sorry to say. Anyone that believes the Jesus of the Bible and other fables contained in that text, is no different from those that tried to lynch the guy. The Bible contains too many lies and fables that people are forced to believe, even though they can't prove that those things really happened. The moment you accept those fables without proof or question, you can also become a part of a mob. That's why Christians are generally very hypocritical and judgemental. Because they've been brainwashed into believing all manner of crazy things, and would even justify crimes their god committed in the bible. You can't be a Christian that believes in and justifies a god that commits genocide, and then condemn lynch mobs. That would be hypocritical.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Ahmading: 7:59am On Dec 04, 2021
My brothers it's not just religion but lack of basis education.this is one of the drawback of democracy. Where the vote of drug addict is same with that of a professor,Bishop ,imam.or royal fathers.
When you look at our traditional settings we have kings makers . who's responsibilities is to pick the right person. Because a poor man don't know what the want.
For it to work the level of education must be upgraded. Thanks
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 04, 2021
Sakamaje:

Then you are no different guy. Sorry to say. Anyone that believes the Jesus of the Bible and other fables contained in that text, is no different from those that tried to lynch the guy. The Bible contains too many lies and fables that people are forced to believe, even though they can't prove that those things really happened. The moment you accept those fables without proof or question, you can also become a part of a mob. That's why Christians are generally very hypocritical and judgemental. Because they've been brainwashed into believing all manner of crazy things, and would even justify crimes their god committed in the bible. You can't be a Christian that believes in and justifies a god that commits genocide, and then condemn lynch mobs. That would be hypocritical.

Not believing in religion does not automatically make you a rational person.

There was one agricultural scientist in the old Soviet Union, by the name of Trofim Lysenko, who had a set of nutty theories about agricultural crop rearing that went against the accepted science. Anyone who opposed him was arrested and executed by the government...including the father of Soviet genetics N.Vavilov.
Note, all the people who were involved in Lysenkoism, and prosecuting its opponents were all confirmed atheists.

Eventually, Lysenko was proven to be wrong, but it was too late for those who had opposed him

I am mentioning this, not to disparage you, or to discredit you, but to make the point that atheism does not mean you have the monopoly on rationalism. The Soviet union was an atheist nation, run by atheists, who did irrational things (like put dissidents in psychiatric hospitals ..people who were not 'mad' by the way)

Man always has to be on guard against irrational behaviour, regardless of the belief.

7 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by seunmsg(m): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2021
What’s the difference between people that believed a man can turn children to yam and those that believe Buhari is dead and the current president is one Jubril from Sudan that was cloned in UK?

Why should anybody who actually believed the rubbish spewed by Kanu be allowed to choose the leadership of Nigeria? Make it make sense.

16 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Sakamaje: 8:08am On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

There was one agricultural scientist in the old Soviet Union, by the name of Trofim Lysenko, who had a set of nutty theories about agricultural crop rearing that went against the accepted science. Anyone who opposed him was arrested and executed by the government...including the father of Soviet genetics N.Vavilov.
Note, all the people who were involved in Lysenkoism, and prosecuting its opponents were all confirmed atheists.

Eventually, Lysenko was proven to be wrong, but it was too late for those who had opposed him

I am mentioning this, not to disparage you, or to discredit you, but to make the point that atheism does not mean you have the monopoly on rationalism. The Soviet union was an atheist nation, run by atheists, who did irrational things (like put dissidents in psychiatric hospitals ..people who were not 'mad' by the way)

Man always has to be on guard against irrational behaviour, regardless of the belief.

I never claimed to be an atheist. I am actually an agnostic. Meaning that I am not ashamed nor afraid to declare that I don't have enough facts to prove whether or not there's a God. Agnosticism isn't a religion bro.

7 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 04, 2021
Sakamaje:

I never claimed to be an atheist. I am actually an agnostic. Meaning that I am not ashamed nor afraid to declare that I don't have enough facts to prove whether or not there's a God. Agnosticism isn't a religion bro.

The same goes for you agnostics too.
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Tobichuks08: 8:25am On Dec 04, 2021
Sakamaje:

Am an agnostic but i still believe there is a creator, I do pray like i was brought up, I do try and be good just as i want people to be good to me, I mean people i meet personally..
I don't share believes of the Christian teachings any more, I still have my rosary just like i was raised..
Am not confused just know that the existence of this creator can't be accounted by any man..
And after reading about the way the world have envolved over the years, the quest of power and control by the Europeans am sure it's very possible that Christianity could have been a way to control the human race..
I sometimes think alot on this..

1 Like

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by ba7man(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2021
Sakamaje:

Early civillizations were in contact with higher beings. Life creating aliens or God and his angels, they certainly were custodians of knowledge.

Falling angels from the skies or alien spaceships? Chariots of fire or a spaceship?

They early men could only interprete the situation based on their own limited knowledge.....

All i know is that there's an all powerful being out there that created us and gave us brains to think and solve issues so that we won't keep disturbing him.

He's probably watching over us now, same way we watch ants without them being aware of our presence.
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Zooposki(f): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Religions like Christianity, Islam takes away your spirituality. That is why there is so much discrimination and hypocrisy in all the religions.

Jesus Christ came with the white missionaries to subjugate and take away your rights, lands, freedom etc.

Allah came with their jihad to conquer. No religious person will ever make it to “heaven”, because they will carry along all the ills of Religion.

5 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by yorubakid: 8:43am On Dec 04, 2021
seunmsg:
[s]What’s the difference between people that believed a man can turn children to yam and those that believe Buhari is dead and the current president is one Jubril from Sudan that was cloned in UK?

Why should anybody who actually believed the rubbish spewed by Kanu be allowed to choose the leadership of Nigeria? Make it make sense[/s].
And what's the difference between them and the people who believed buhari will be the best thing to happen to Nigeria, a man who presented NEPA bill as certificate and the same people believed that he will solve Nigerian problems and voted for the illiterate Fulani cow herder.

Those people need to be brought together and lynched then their body burnt to prevent to Nigeria from another mistake in 2023..

We all know the people who am talking about, the sofiticated ones who still believe that a human can turn to yam in this 21st century and burnt an innocent man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Sakamaje: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2021
Tobichuks08:

Am an agnostic but i still believe there is a creator, I do pray like i was brought up, I do try and be good just as i want people to be good to me, I mean people i meet personally..
I don't share believes of the Christian teachings any more, I still have my rosary just like i was raised..
Am not confused just know that the existence of this creator can't be accounted by any man..
And after reading about the way the world have envolved over the years, the quest of power and control by the Europeans am sure it's very possible that Christianity could have been a way to control the human race..
I sometimes think alot on this..

Definitely, Christianity was created as a weapon of control. Think about it. To be a Christian you must believe that the biblical texts are 'infallible'. That means you are encouraged not to question its chronology, historical references, teachings, etc. That poses a big problem for any rational mind. The religion also encourages the idea that 'inspiration' is a valid source of knowledge, which is used to justify the veracity of the events of the teachings in the biblical texts.

Meaning that, as a 'true' Christian, you have to accept that a person can gain authentic and true knowledge by way of visions and 'spiritual experiences' and whatnot, without any means of verifying independently or questioning the validity or veracity of their visions (because doing so would imply that you are questioning the God that inspires such visions); you just have to believe, as a demonstration of unquestioning 'faith'.

That right there is a basis and justification for brainwashing. So you must accept without question that a 'holy spirit' 'inspired' the apostles and the prophets of the bible to write the bible. Your only evidence of the veracity of their writings is your willingness to just 'believe', by 'faith'. The moment you actually start to ask questions and investigate the veracity of the biblical accounts, you begin to understand the damage inherent in that concept of 'accepting by faith'.

It literally forces you to accept a lie and keep believing it, even after you've proved that it is a lie. Anyone that goes on believing a lie in the name of 'faith' will do, rationalize, and justify anything in the name of 'faith'. Such a mind loses its capacity for independence of thought, and is capable of anything.

5 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Audacious19(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2021
You people have started again..
At op since you think you're rational enough what have you done for the common man with ur rationality..
What effort have you made offline to effect the growth or the quality of leadership we having.
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by plaetton: 10:55am On Dec 04, 2021
Ahmading:
My brothers it's not just religion but lack of basis education.this is one of the drawback of democracy. Where the vote of drug addict is same with that of a professor,Bishop ,imam.or royal fathers.
When you look at our traditional settings we have kings makers . who's responsibilities is to pick the right person. Because a poor man don't know what the want.
For it to work the level of education must be upgraded. Thanks
It is religion, my friend.
In Nigeria, the basic education you talk about starts with the heavy and compulsory infusion of stone age religious superstitions. Before we could even begin to articulate our own thoughts, our entire psyche suffused and traumatized with stone age myths. Thereafter, our entire worldview is built on the foundations of superstitions.

4 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by plaetton: 11:00am On Dec 04, 2021
Audacious19:
You people have started again..
At op since you think you're rational enough what have you done for the common man with ur rationality..
What effort have you made offline to effect the growth or the quality of leadership we having.
Here we go again with the ad hominem crowd .
Ad hominen knee-jerk responses are usually indications that the poster is incapable if articulating a reasonable argument.

5 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by babasolution: 11:07am On Dec 04, 2021
Majority of Nigerians are incredibly dumb,the leaders know this,that's why they are unfazed

2 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by alanto: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2021
G
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by alanto: 11:14am On Dec 04, 2021
W
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by babasolution: 11:16am On Dec 04, 2021
alanto:

Abeg face where matter happen and don’t drag Nigerian into this. We all know that their different Nigerians.

Majority all over Nigeria are dangerously dumb
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by olisaEze(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

Stand up from that backbench and come to the front, there’s wisdom in ur talk.
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Ola17: 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sakamaje:

You made a lot of sense.
I wonder why someone that believes that a virgin gave birth to some guy who raised the dead, turned water to wine, fed thousands with five small loaves of bread, died and came back to life and flew to the sky etc will ridicule another who believes that a human being can be turned into a yam. Six and half a dozen. Same thing.

Those beliefs lacks any basis in reality.

5 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by kingxsamz(m): 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sakamaje:

That's why I find it funny that a lot of Christians are being rational and making logical points on this "yam" issue. I'm sure most of the people in that crowd are Christians, with a lot of Muslims of course. Religion fuels the belief that there are "dark powers" and people with special abilities to cause harm. So It's funny seeing a Christian who believes that a man divided the red sea with an ordinary stick approaching this issue from a logical point of view.

6 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by kingxsamz(m): 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

No one said lack of belief stops you from making irrational decisions. The OP is only pointing out the hypocrisy in those who uphold these beliefs. You can't be against genocide but support the one in your bible.

4 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by hopefulLandlord: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
if you believe Aaron's rod turned to snake and the Egyptian magicians rods did the same but got swallowed by Aaron's own then you can believe kids can be turned into yam

6 Likes

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Grupo(m): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
Techguy96:

You are on point.

I have also given up on Nigeria.

Nigeria can never work.
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Grupo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Do you also believe that someone can turn children into yams?
Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Techguy96(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Where in my write up did I say Jesus was a bad person. I'm talking about Christianity as a whole n all religion inclusive. Besides if u are talking about good morals n behavior other religion present that too. But if u choose to believe I snake can talk then a human can turn into a yam. It's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: So People That Believe A Man Turned Children To Yam, Will Choose Your Leaders? by Techguy96(m): 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

It does to an extent, like an atheist would never think of using human as sacrifice. But I get u point tho. The thing about atheism is that it's not an organization or a group or anything. Anyone can be an atheist, the good bad and ugly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamu Basu Kunya By Pam Dee (Peter Obi Northern Nigeria Rally Song) / Igbo Women Naked Nnamdi Kanu piss on his body PHOTOS / Former President Of Nigeria - Umaru Musa Yar'adua's Legacy - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.