Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel (20683 Views)

See The Road Obasanjo Will Commission On Tuesday In Akwa Ibom / Any Nigerian That Praises Obasanjo Will Go To Hell – Seun Kuti / It Baffles Me Why Southerners Will Choose Atiku Over Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by nairavsdollars(f): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Otunba Gbenga Daniel, a former governor of Ogun State, has said faced with the two options of President Muhammadu Buhari and former Vice President , Atiku Abubakar, former president Olusegun Obasanjo will choose Atiku as his preferred candidate for the 2019 presidential election.
Reacting to a claim that Obasanjo had vowed that Atiku will not become in his lifetime at Press conference in Lagos, Daniel, who is the Director-General of the Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation, said from recent happenings in the country, Obasanjo may have seen Atiku from a new perspective, based on the failures of the Buhari administration.
Daniel who said he is optimistic that Atiku will become the next president also projected the former Vice President’s support for restructuring and his business background as among other reasons why he would make a better president of Nigeria in 2019.

He said: “When people take positions, they take them based on the information that is available to them. And as this progresses, sometimes you now discover new things, you face new realities, I think that a number of people have been quite unhappy with the progression that has taken place.
“People are facing a new reality, I won’t be surprised if Olusegun Obasanjo is starting to change his position. It does appear that if we are not careful, we will continue to retrogress in the quality of people that occupy political position.

“I guess and I hope I am correct, President Obasanjo has seen it that maybe he has other information. And in any case when you are faced with a situation you have to choose one of two evils.
“I am aware that President Obasanjo said that he doesn’t think that Buhari will make a good president but at the last minute something happened, maybe he got better information he then changed his mind and if he has changed his mind on that occasion, I think he can also change his mind.”
Projecting the potentials of the Atiku candidacy, he said that a formidable candidate like the former vice-president was needed to divide the 12 million votes that had historically been won by President Buhari.
He said: “Apart from this, politics and of course you will also know that he is speaking the language of the Southwest which is restructuring; that is what the Southwest has been clamouring for decades. Of course, he is speaking the language of the people from the Southeast and South-South which is talking about resource control.
“These are things that are very important to our people. So if logical reasoning is anything to go by, I have a strong feeling that he is going to be the next president of Nigeria.”

Read more https://independent.ng/2019-obasanjo-will-support-atiku-over-buhari-daniel/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by rajiraymond(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Atiku should stop deceiving himself, he would not get the ticket.

27 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by respect80(m): 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
rajiraymond:
Your opinion
And your opinion doesn't really matter

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by softmind24: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lol

Face with choosing BTW two grd papa

1 Like

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by PassingShot(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
Who really needs an Obasanjo who can't win his own local government in an election between Atiku and Buhari?

Clue to the answer:
The one who can't win his own state between both men. The man who couldn't get a single sitting governor of his party attend his declaration for the presidency.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Nogodye(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
Can obasanjo eat his vommit? let see how things unfold...Did we even need obj to choose for us? Can't we choose for ourselves? Time we tell.

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
Anybody but B U H A R I

15 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by tuniski: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
rajiraymond:
Dream on!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by tuniski: 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:
Who really needs an Obasanjo who can't win his own local government in an election between Atiku and Buhari?

Clue to the answer:
The one who can't win his own state between both men. The man who couldn't get a single sitting governor of his party attend his declaration for the presidency.
Hmmm you will be alive and well to witness it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by babyfaceafrica: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
so obj must give his blessing before one can be a president...nansense!!

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:

Clue to the answer:
So Governors that are supposed to be neutral should have attended his declaration when he is not the party candidate yet, how do u zombies reason?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by PassingShot(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So Governors that are supposed to be neutral should have attended his declaration when he is not the party candidate yet, how do u zombies reason?
Mumuni, governors align with their preferred aspirants even before primaries.

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by mercyp001(f): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
rajiraymond:
You should stop crying over matter that do not concern you. Zombie( Chairman South West)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Mosesoly(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
Obasanjo may finally Atikulate, but how will pdp manage the crisis that will emanate after their presidential primary, how will they manage the egos of Kwankwaso, Atiku,Shekarau, Markafi and possibly Saraki, and even the governor of Gombe, too many aspirant for the presidential ticket, they know they can't get it from APC the main reason they defected, their primary can break the party if care is not taken.

18 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by rajiraymond(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
mercyp001:

You should stop crying over matter that do not concern you. Zombie( Chairman South West)

I would rather keep silent not to engage myself in replying my daughter's age mate who lacks manner of approach and home training.
What is your problem about my opinions?

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by dheilaw1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Obasanjo can't defeat tinubu here in the west, just like Atiku can not defeat Buhari in the whole north

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by BruncleZuma: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Gustabae(f): 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
... grin
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by MadeInTokyo: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
grin grin grin
Anybody but pa Buhari
Atiku all the way

Click like for ATIKU
click share for ancestor Buhari

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Flexherbal(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by blackgold90(m): 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
softmind24:
Lol

Face with choosing BTW two grd papa
atiku is not that a grandpa
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by faithfull18(f): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Why are NL's pages starting from page 1 instead of 0 today

1 Like

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by lionshare: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
SARAKI will be the PDP Presidential Candidate.[quote][/quote]

Save this post.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Addme: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
The most overrated man in Nigeria....
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Wusadama: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
Devil VS deep blue sea

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by frank41(m): 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Don't mind him....He thinks through his Anus... I have no doubt about it?
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Maket: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
Even Akume has chosen Suswan over Otorm.
Nuisance upon nuisance.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by frank41(m): 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
dheilaw1:
Obasanjo can't defeat tinubu here in the west, just like Atiku can not defeat Buhari in the whole north

You will see it happen.. life and direct

1 Like

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by bigdoo: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Atiku might be promising restructuring and resource control, but when he is voted in as president, he might come up with his northern agenda and implement restructuring and resource control in such a way as to favour the north. Remember that restructuring means different thing to different people/tribe. Every northerner has a northern agenda.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Mokuwe: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Mosesoly:
Obasanjo may finally Atikulate, but how will pdp manage the crisis that will emanate after their presidential primary, how will they manage the egos of Kwankwaso, Atiku,Shekarau, Markafi and possibly Saraki, and even the governor of Gombe, too many aspirant for the presidential ticket, they know they can't get it from APC the main reason they defected, their primary can break the party if care is not taken.

I share the same thought with you on this subject matter
Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by tunary(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
Buhari over atiku anyday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel by Ziggylady(f): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
If voting will count in 2019,i will choose Atiku a tnousand times over buhari because just like in 2015,a disappointment (Atiku) is a million times better than an out-of-World menace like (buhari)

..unfortunately,with the way this horrible buhari/APC are there is no way in hell the peopl's vote will count next year,especially now that defeat is staring APC in the face with the mass defections going on,and likely to get worse..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Releases Form-EC8D and Form-EC8E For The Edo State Governorship Election / Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry / Court Approves Suit Seeking Fani-kayode, Abaribe Trial For Kanu’s Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.