Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov (22632 Views)

#JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out / 'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / Lagos Collapsed Building: Private School Not Registered - Associations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Xisnin(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
GboyegaD:
I don't understand what we stand to gain when we choose to circumvent justice. At this time, if investigation reveals the school is aware of the full cause of the death and lied to the public and also shielded the culprits, the management should be tried for manslaughter.
Sorry, such a charge will not stick.
The school did not shield the student because there is currently no arrest warrant for them.
You are probably mixing up public opinion and the legal system.

If a warrant comes up, then anyone hiding the kids can be charged as well.

Anything short of collusion between the accused and the school will not stick but that
doesn't stop the parents from starting a civil suit.
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Saintmary(f): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
The school has moved to online classes
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by VanessaKokomama(f): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
donbachi:
It will not trend.if it happened in america.naija celebs would have been twitting,retwitting it and be posting "blacklivesmatters".
I just tire for some celeb hypocrite ooooh very double standard people
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by OmoEpe(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
Go to the activist Deji Adeyanju Facebook page and see how the idiot was trying to blame the parents of the boy for the way they trained their child

I haven't been to the page but I wish I could slap the boy's father

Your son reported a case of bullying and threat to his life to you as s father and you didn't withdraw him from there immediately

Same boy reported demented children asking about your daughter's private parts yet you left both your son and daughter there still

THE FATHER (NOT SORRY TO SAY) ISN'T FIT TO BE A FATHER.
HE FAILED THE BOY.

4 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Naijaolosho2: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
YorubaIsCursed:
Yoruba self angry cry

It's your generation that is cursed. Fool.
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by OmoEpe(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
tonididdy:
Sorry for their losses but only lazy and selfish parents send their young kids to boarding school.

.... I said what I said

I'm 100% saddened by this event but it could have being avoided... Look@all the news of students bullying/violence all took place in boarding schools.
I know my neighbor everyday is always waiting at the gate of her kids school for the closing bells.
Immediately they hop in the car and are back home.
That's how to raise kids.

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT

No good parent will send a boy of early teen off to be raised by strangers among strangers.

Somebody that will consider sending such to be raised by strangers shouldn't even have been blessed with a child abinitio

Donating sperm and eggs isn't what makes one a parent.

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by GboyegaD(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Xisnin:

Sorry, such a charge will not stick.
The school did not shield the student because there is currently no arrest warrant for them.
You are probably mixing up public opinion and the legal system.

If a warrant comes up, then anyone hiding the kids can be charged as well.

Anything short of collusion between the accused and the school will not stick but that
doesn't stop the parents from starting a civil suit.

The management lying if they knew the actual cause is circumventing justice and shielding the culprit.
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Emiya: 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
No Sleep for the wicked
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by CHoccolaTE: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
I heard that the bully students were flown abroadby their parents to prevent any punishments from reaching them.
Even if the demonic children are overseas their parents or relatives should be arrested for trying to prevent justice.

This story breaks my heart everytime.
Why is bullying in Nigerian schools ignored by school authorities?
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by CHoccolaTE: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Saintmary:
The school has moved to online classes

Rubbish

The school should be closed permanently.
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Elidrisy20: 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Who are the senior students that punish him to death, what is the school authority hidden from the public, abi na the discipline master kill the boy
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Crafteck1: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Its not the schools fault
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by ebijimi7(m): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Foreverdope:
Let justice be served irrespective of who's involved.. This is manslaughter & it a minor cry
that not man slaughter but a pure murder
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Xisnin(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
GboyegaD:

The management lying if they knew the actual cause is circumventing justice and shielding the culprit.
Lying is generally not a crime. It could be in narrow circumstances if it involves impeding an officer of the law
in the course of an investigation. Press releases, social media posts do not count.
I think you are still mixing up public opinion and real legal responsibility.
The right question to ask is what specific Nigerian laws have been broken by the school so far?

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Xisnin(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Unfortunately, this is Nigeria. I fear that after this initial hullabaloo, this matter will be swept under the carpet & life goes on.
The culprits are most likely kids of the rich & influential in society.
I think we should do away with this poor-rich divide in this particular case.
The parents of the victims are not poor. At least those from Delta state would know Senior Oroboni
who is an official of the state with powerful political connections.

They will do anything & everything in their power to cover up the dastardly act & save their kids from prosecution.
I just hope & pray, beyond this SM frenzy, there would be enough evidence & willing witnesses to establish a case & effect a prosecution in court.
It is expected that parents will protect their kids.
But that will be irrelevant as long as the proper investigation is done to gather concrete evidence.
The parents of the accused can afford good lawyers so hearsay and circumstantial evidence will not count.

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by victorv12(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
They should arrest the parents of the boys that killed the innocent boy first if they're unable to provide the boys.
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Saintmary(f): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Rubbish

The school should be closed permanently.

I hope the matter will not be swept under the carpet

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by GROWTHSET(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
tutudesz:
The owner is yet to be arrested, the school management is yet to be arrested, the students named are yet to be arrested undecided
Closing the school is not justice
Closing the school is unfair to other innocent students,the management of should be held in custody while investigation continue which other students continues with their study.So if they are writing Weac would close school and stop others from writing exams ?
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by tutudesz: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
GROWTHSET:

Closing the school is unfair to other innocent students,the management of should be held in custody while investigation continue which other students continues with their study.So if they are writing Weac would close school and stop others from writing exams ?
Government wouldn't close the school during exams s period.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Anyone Ever Lost Their Original Waec Certificate? / UNILAG Releases 2016 Screening Guidelines / WAEC GCE 2018/2019 Private Candidates January/February Exam Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.