Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Kaduna NUJ Polls: Farida Harps On Unity, Flags Off Campaign - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kaduna NUJ Polls: Farida Harps On Unity, Flags Off Campaign (113 Views)

Kaduna NUJ Polls: Farida Is Someone We Can Trust - NTA Chapel / Kaduna Nuj Polls: New Nigerian, Nagarta, Vision Fm, Ditv, Ait Welcome Farida / 2021 Kaduna Council Polls: Farida Flags Off Campaign Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna NUJ Polls: Farida Harps On Unity, Flags Off Campaign by Jatuski: 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ahead of the 2021 NIgeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Kaduna Council Polls, Frontline candidate, Farida Abubakar has flagged off her campaign on Friday, stressing that her number one priority if given the mandate.

Farida expressed this on Friday December 3, 2021 at the NUJ Kaduna Council secretariat.

"This election is not do or die affair. I am offering myself to serve and if given the mandate, we will first of all, unite all our members and take advantage of unity of purpose to move our union ahead," she said.

The candidate said that her decision to go into the race because there is need to ensure professionalism in journalism practice in the state.

She vowed to use her position if elected to ensure training and retraining as well as creating enabling environment for others who are yet to get professional qualification, to do so.

In her goodwill message, former NAWOJ Chairperson in Kaduna State and national figure of the association, Hajiya Daharatu Aliyu said that she was initially not willing to take sides in the contest.

"However, I have pitched my tent because we must not allow imposition of candidates on our council.

"Kaduna Council is leading light in the North and must not allow imposition of a leader," she said

Also speaking, a veteran journalist, Balarabe popularly known as BLZ urged all to support Farida to victory.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Director General Farida Campaign, Okpani Jacob Onjewu Dickson said that they are out to conduct campaign based on facts.

"We must shun campaign of calumny and deal with facts. We have an easy job ahead, because our candidate, Farida is credible and selling her is easy," he said.

(1) (Reply)

All-in-one Live Streaming On A Blockchain-based Platform / Everyone Here Is A Thoughtful University Student / Chelsea Might Tie With Liverpool In Caraboa Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.