Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,622 members, 7,840,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Experience In Government And Private Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience In Government And Private Hospital (908 Views)

I'm Ready To Sue One Of The Biggest Private Hospital In Lagos / Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients / Urgent Pls! I'm Looking For A Private Hospital With A Good Dermatologist In Gos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by oliy24(m): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Good day my fellow nairalander. Please forgive my gramatical error. I will try to make this very short.
I think we should revisit the issue of public and private hospital. I know Nigerians are very quick to critizise the short comings and reluntant to praise the good deeds.
I will like to share my experience at governmment hospital and private hospital.
In 2019, my Dad who slept healthy woke up in the morning and couldnt stand or walk again. We rush him to our private hospital for treatment.(A very big hospital in Lagos). We were told to pay 250k as deposit and they started treating him. Long story short. He was at the hospital for 2 month plus with heavy spending without any result. My mum family came to greet us at the hospital and she insist we must take him to Igbobi for treatment. We rejected the idea because of the story we have heard about the place. She told us her own story too that most of the story are myth. After much talk from her we decided to take him to igbobi. The private hospital still told us to pay balance of 350k after spending over 2million in the hospital with no significant result. We dragged and pay 125k at the end.
On getting to Igbobi. Me and my siblings were numb by the way the doctors were responding to us. They were very professional and friendly. They answered all our questions no matter how stupid it is. His case was not new to the doctors. They were telling him how he must be feeling and he confirmed that they were right. They gave us lists of drug to buy and it cost us around 21k. My dad barely use half of the drug and hes up and walking again. Well. We thought we were lucky to meet those doctors on sit that day until we went for another appointment and the doctors we meant again were even nicer than the first ones. All the doctors we meant were just friendly and ready to help unlike the private hospital doctors we were paying huge amount. The doctors were always forming busy and there eyes are always up.

My second experience is in this year. My wife was pregnant and i register her to a private hospital close to us. Long story short. When She was in her 9th month of pregnancy, she visited my sister for the weekend in Santos estate. She decided to take a stroll in the evening. She was walking by the road side and a car brushed her to another jeep. They rushed her to the public hospital near by ( Bola Tinubu primary health centre). When they told me what happen over the phone. I was angry and scared at the same time. My fear was, hope she and the baby was not hurt, while my anger is why will they take her to a public hospital. I rushed down so i can take her to a better private hospital. On getting there. They told her she cant leave that she is in labour. I decided to put everything on God. And i feel relax since they allow me into the labour room.
Behold my people, i was amazed by the way this people responded to my wife. Its was like the way oyinbo responds to there patient in america movie.Very passionate and professional. She also had internal tears and small complication, they attended to it like its nothing. The nurse too are just too lovely when they attend to you. I know what im saying. I was with my sister when she had her baby same year and i know how the nurse and doctor were treating her in a private hospital. It was as if she offended them before coming there.
When all was done and we are good to go. I received the shock of my life when i asked how much is our bill and they told me its all free. Tears dropped from my eye. My pain was how can people work like this and nobody is talking good about them.
Ever since then i made up my mind that i will only use government owned hospital. Even my sister that always share us story of how government hospital is a death trap is now using government like no other.
Share your experience both good and bad. And put the hospital so we know which to use and which to run for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by thesicilian: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
It all depends on the circumstances at play at the time you visit. Personal experiences differ, there are those who have vowed never to use government hospitals, and vice versa.
Re: My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by Hashabiah: 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
Bros ,just pray you don't visit a state where its government hospital is nothing to brag about . Anyway, you dey Lagos. Trying coming to Abuja or Northern Nigeria , your eyes go clear !
Re: My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by obyrich(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hashabiah:
Bros ,just pray you don't visit a state where its government hospital is nothing to brag about . Anyway, you dey Lagos. Trying coming to Abuja or Northern Nigeria , your eyes go clear !
If he dares step into Abia state with that mentality, sorry will be his name.
Re: My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by Hashabiah: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
obyrich:
Lol...I didn't know it was that bad over there . Well, that's Nigeria for you sha.
Re: My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by Knivesout(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
Those states are learners for where Anambra dey...most of the general hospitals there are glorified village maternity
obyrich:

Meanwhile

I received the shock of my life when i asked how much is our bill and they told me its all free. Tears dropped from my eye.
...Can anything good like this come out of Nigeria?
Re: My Experience In Government And Private Hospital by Healfastijn(f): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
With my experiences so far, it's better to have enough money to travel abroad for better treatments

(1) (Reply)

Have i gotten Keloid from (ear Piercing)? / Your Health Is your Wealth / Job Stress & Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.