Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) (25379 Views)

'Doomsday Glacier' In Antarctica Is Holding On 'By Its Fingernails' - Scientists / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Gospelpreacher1: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
SEE YOU MOON: Stunning photos show total solar eclipse over Antarctica as moon completely covers the sun

THESE stunning photos show the moment the sun is completely covered by the moon in an amazing solar eclipse.

The phenomenon saw the sun completely disappear - however was only properly visible over Antarctica.

However, those in the Southern Hemisphere may have caught a partial eclipse.

Parts of Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Chile might have been able to catch a glimpse of the striking change in the sky this morning.

And the pressure was on to see the stunning event, with the next solar eclipse is expected April 8 2024 for those in the US.

Meanwhile, there are no eclipses expected in Europe for the rest of the 21st Century.

Thankfully, even if you couldn't make it to Antarctica, you could still watch today's eclipse online.

Nasa livestreamed the spectacle, showing the moon slowly but surely cover the sun.

Nasa said: "The eclipse will occur before, during and after sunrise or sunset.

"This means viewers will need to get a clear view of the horizon during sunrise or sunset."

Watching the solar eclipse online means no safety required – just enjoy the magic via your screen.

If you're lucky enough to see the eclipse in person, you should follow Nasa's advice.

"When viewing a partial solar eclipse, you must wear solar viewing or eclipse glasses throughout the entire eclipse if you want to face the Sun," Nasa says.

"Solar viewing or eclipses glasses are NOT regular sunglasses; regular sunglasses are not safe for viewing the Sun.

"If you are in the path of a total solar eclipse, you can take off your solar viewing or eclipse glasses only when the Moon is completely blocking the Sun."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/16937876/stunning-photos-total-solar-eclipse/amp/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Hardgun: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
Over to you my boys below ,but today break my heart

6 Likes

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Ryda(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
Who cut your ticket

Hardgun:
Over to you my boys below ,but today break my heart

5 Likes

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Hardgun: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ryda:
Who cut your ticket

I no kuku dey play bet9ja but as Chelsea table turn today Man.u fans no let me enter house

17 Likes

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Ryda(m): 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hardgun:

I no kuku dey play bet9ja but as Chelsea table turn today Man.u fans no let me enter house

You be Chelsea fan grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Righteousness2(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
We are witnessing a sign of what is Gonna before the Great day of the LORD. The Day when the Undiluted and Unadulterated Wrath of GOD falls on the Earth and all who have refused HIS Free of Salvation.

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

That terrible and terrifying Day is at Hand!
There is only means of Escape. That is a Genuie Surrenderness and relationship with the KING OF GLORY, JESUS CHRIST

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Hardgun: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ryda:

You be Chelsea fan grin
Yes
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Ryda(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hardgun:

Yes

Take heart, my guy also dey vex since this afternoon

*whispers
All game played, he carried Chelsea straight win grin

3 Likes

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:
We are witnessing a sign of what is Gonna before the Great day of the LORD. The Day when the Undiluted and Unadulterated Wrath of GOD falls on the Earth and all who have refused HIS Free of Salvation.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

There is only means of Escape. That is a Genuie Surrenderness and relationship with the KING OF GLORY, JESUS CHRIST
I am beginning to doubt your mental health and Educational background.
Solar eclipses have been occurring for over 5000 years and it's simply a phase that takes place when the sun, moon and earth are in a direct line or in alignment; it lasts for just few minutes.

The sun is over 50 million degrees Celsius, and it is over 400 times larger than the moon, so how the hell do you expect the moon to turn the sun to darkness

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by AuntRose(f): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

Happy new week sir. Keep it up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Houseofglam7(f): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2021
Breathtakingly beautiful
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Randal: 7:43am On Dec 06, 2021
Good morning
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by lifezone247(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

nigga be using another moniker to create a thread and use another moniker to preach, oga this is nature it has nothing to do with your rapture, it has been happening not ones the world never still end. Science dey talk this one dey use scientist invented gadgets and invention dey preach. Na wa.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by condralbedez: 7:44am On Dec 06, 2021
Wonderful
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Raxxye(m): 7:45am On Dec 06, 2021
Stunning!
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Ara21(f): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Sir righteousness please help us explain more.
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Ever8090: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

chairman, I be Christian too but they take am easy as you are becoming boring with this your end time story

2 Likes

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Ijaya123: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

Guy go and rest and stop spreading falsehood.

There’s nothing new about this again. It’s been happening and will still happen again.

Another natural occurrence.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Dude397(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

Clown

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by wentroublecomes: 7:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Eclipse is one thing that has been happening from ages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by GENES11S: 7:51am On Dec 06, 2021
Hardgun:

Chelsea fans are the worst oo. Too much noise... I'm glad the lost. Make we rest small abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 7:52am On Dec 06, 2021
Where is the video?
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by ComrArk: 7:52am On Dec 06, 2021
The power of God in manifestation
Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by Kennitrust(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness 2 is seriously in love with disastrous news.

If science did not help us explain some of this natural occurrence, people like righteousman would have make the world turn upside down.

Jesus, I believe in YOU but not in this ignominious account on everything that happened naturally.

I remember, he said, [/b]school of crabs crossing Road is an end time plagues[b]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by KingGBsky(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Dude397:
Clown

You are the biggest clown because at the end only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by frowland(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

The earth rotates around the Sun every 365 days and the moon rotates around the earth every 27 days.
365days/27days = 13.
It means there is 13 times in a calender year where the moon's position is between the sun and the earth - Thereby blocking the rays of sun getting to the earth, causing either total or a partial eclipse.
It has nothing to do with End sign because it have been happening multiple times in a calender year since time immemorial.

Why am I even wasting my time because you and your moronic followers won’t understand any of this.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 7:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Ara21:
Sir righteousness please help us explain more.
So, you enjoy the embarrassment that he is causing Christianity himself?
How do you expect him to explain, when he does not even understand what is going on??

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by oluwaseyi0: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2021
frowland:

The earth rotates around the Sun every 365 days and the moon rotates around the earth every 27 days.
365days/27days = 13.
It means in a year, the moon stays vn times between the sun and the earth blocking the rays of sun and causing either total or partial eclipse.
It has nothing to do with End sign because it have been happening multiple in a calender year since time immemorial.
Why am I even wasting my time because you and your moronic followers won’t understand any of this.

What you are saying is 'sense' something the likes of pastor unrighteousness can never comprehend

bjcole:

Who invented the natural occurrence? How did it come about? You can explain pls

Read you won't read, you will be asking questions that will make people doubt your age or sanity, you can also ask who invented February to be 28/29 days while others are 30/31 you can ask if that is supernatural or sub-natural
Or did your Bible says February is 28 days

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Solar Eclipse Over Antarctica As Moon Completely Covers The Sun (Pictures) by bjcole(m): 7:58am On Dec 06, 2021
Ijaya123:

Guy go and rest and stop spreading falsehood.

There’s nothing new about this again. It’s been happening and will still happen again.

Another natural occurrence.

Who invented the natural occurrence? How did it come about? You can explain pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed / What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria / Abuja Earth Tremors: FEMA Releases Official Press Statement & Safety Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.