Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? (3153 Views)

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku / Kingsley Moghalu Drags Twitter User Who Said All He Does Is Speak English / All You Need To Know About Oyo State Governor Elect, Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by seunolu7: 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Some ignoramus said Lagos was built by all Nigerians. Even if we ignore this blatant lie (PDP though OBJ dealt with lagos. Lagos today was nothing before 1999), what about ibadan and Oyo generally? Today, oyo has a bigger igr and definitely gdp than all south east states combined. Who developed Oyo?

16 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Show us the other side of Oyo

I can help you if you don't mind

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Ovamboland(m): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:
Some ignoramus said Lagos was built by all Nigerians. Even if we ignore this blatant lie (PDP though OBJ dealt with lagos. Lagos today was nothing before 1999), what about ibadan and Oyo generally? Today, oyo has a bigger igr and definitely gdp than all south east states combined. Who developed Oyo?

Stop this, Ibadan is far above this.

A city state with an army that could fight on 5 fronts simultaneously can't be compared with people never organized above the village level until the benevolence of Fredrick Lugard

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by GeneralDae: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:
So to you this is development? I am from Edo state ( not Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba) and there is nothing spectacular about this pix.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Biafrarep(m): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:

Village man, is this one development?
Of course rusted roofs and dilapidated buildings is the hallmark of afonja settlements including ibadan cheesy cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by West1side: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Whenever you see monicker with two disjointed Yoruba names such as one by this Igbo fool be sure to know that he is not Yoruba but igbo. No other tribe behave so foolishly cordinated like them just because of hate bigotry n foolishness for the great Yoruba tribe. If you doubt this just look back at the foolishness of Nnamdi Azikwe n how he think his miserable soul bound to rot in hellfire should have a say I. How Lagos is run.

seunolu7:

7 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by headSmasher: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Show us the other side of Oyo

I can help you if you don't mind
Are you looking for okija shrine or akwuzu tiver

14 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by headSmasher: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
GeneralDae:

So to you this is development? I am from Edo state ( not Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba) and there is nothing spectacular about this pix.
But there will be something spectacular if it were the pictures of Abia or Enugu that was posted?

9 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by headSmasher: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Biafrarep:

Village man, is this one development?
Of course rusted roofs and dilapidated buildings is the hallmark of afonja settlements including ibadan cheesy cheesy
It is better than pounding new born babies in okija shrine and killing people incessantly happening in the south east

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by paramakina202: 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ovamboland:

A city state with an army that could fight on 5 fronts simultaneously can't be compared with people never organized above the village level until the benevolence of Fredrick Lugard

The picture of Oyo oba which was taken in 1920s where he was sitting in front of his thatched dirty mud house was posted in this forum, so where is the civilisation you always boast about? In this internet era you can no more lie to us that your region was developed before the whiteman came.Post pictures of cities your ancestor built before Fedrick Lugard.If the king of Oyo empire was living in a dirty thatched mud house I wonder how the house of ordinary Yoruba folks will look like then.

8 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Redcrafton: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
OP you better remove those pictures, if that's the best of Ibadan.

All can be seen is good road with poor buildings...

Even at that I can show you more than 100 building own by the South easterners in Oyo, but you will hardly see a good building other than shanties owned bu you guys in the east.

This is Owerri...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Redcrafton: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Even Aba..abia state the one you guys and your propaganda called the worst state in Nigeria is far better than Oyo with all its IGR...

5 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by headSmasher: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

The picture of Oyo oba which was taken in 1920s where he was sitting in front of his thatched dirty mud house was posted in this forum, so where is the civilisation you always boast about? In this internet era you can no more lie to us that your region was developed before the whiteman came.Post pictures of cities your ancestor built before Fedrick Lugard.If the king of Oyo empire was living in a dirty thatched mud house I wonder how the house of ordinary Yoruba folks will look like then.
You will be talking as if you have something better but unfortunately you are empty barrels that make the loudest noise, no history, Just parasitic living and attachment, you try to claim been Israelites, DNA useless and embarrassed you to be fraudulent and unstable, show your pictures and let see, enough of okija shrine pictures

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Redcrafton: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
headSmasher:
You will be talking as if you have something better but unfortunately you are empty barrels that make the loudest noise, no history, Just parasitic living and attachment, you try to claim been Israelites, DNA useless and embarrassed you to be fraudulent and unstable, show your pictures and let see, enough of okija shrine pictures

Loud mouth pictures are already shown, abi you no dey see.

3 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by GeneralDae: 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
headSmasher:
But there will be something spectacular if it were the pictures of Abia or Enugu that was posted?
No. Nigeria as a whole is not developed in terms of infrastructure except some parts of Lagos, Abuja, and a few other places.
Tell me the truth, does that picture look nice to you? If it does, then you guys really have a problem and Naija has a long way to go.

4 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Emergingnation(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:
yes, due to incessant Skull mining and human organ harvesting

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by paramakina202: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
headSmasher:

Let the pictures of your so called civilisation speak for you.Show us the wonderful cities you built.You think you were better than your neigbours.
Social media have exposed your ancient lies about phamtom advanced civilisation and yet your oba was living in very dirty thacthed mud house in the middle of the jungle.Those who built empire 2000 years ago still have monuments and building to show for it.

This is Hagia Sophia built by the Greeks in 537 AD that over 1500 years ago and still standing.
Show me one your so called empire built that stand today.Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by headSmasher: 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

Let the pictures of your so called civilisation speak for you.Show us the wonderful cities you built.You think you were better than your neigbours.
Social media have exposed your ancient lies about phamtom advanced civilisation and yet your oba was living in very dirty thacthed mud house in the middle of the jungle.Those who built empire 2000 years ago still have monuments and building to show for it.
You are talking about someone else history that you saw, whereas you have non, show us where you were in 1920 that you talking about, let compare, you don't have where you are coming from that is why all kinds of social vices littered your land.

1 Like

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by engrchykae(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ovamboland:

is that why the sophisticated people were fighting against themselves on all fronts(kiriji wars) while some were busy betraying themselves to (afonja and alimi)
Until the British saved the yoruba from yorubas?

6 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by paramakina202: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
headSmasher:
You are talking about someone else history that you saw, whereas you have non, show us where you were in 1920 that you talking about, let compare, you don't have where you are coming from that is why all kinds of social vices littered your land.

Post pictures of Yoruba native houses before the advent of European civilisation came to Nigeria and I will post pictures of Igbo native houses let us compare.Oya lets go!

2 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by headSmasher: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

Post pictures of Yoruba native houses before the advent of European civilisation came to Nigeria and I will post pictures of Igbo native houses let us compare.Oya lets go!
You are commenting on the one posted that means you have seen some now post yours that is equivalent to the time of the ones you are commenting about.

5 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Ovamboland(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

We have several stories of government, way of life, conquest of Yoruba city states before arrival of the white men.
Tell me one story of life in your part of the country. It's like you only contacted other groups when slaves are needed

5 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by paramakina202: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ovamboland:

We have several stories of government, way of life, conquest of Yoruba city states before arrival of the white men.
Tell me one story of life in your part of the country. It's like you only contacted other groups when slaves are needed

Fairytale stories.You guys were only advanced in juju and ritualism which evident till this day.
Post pictures of ur so called civilisation or keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by abeeee(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Oyo

5 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by abeeee(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:
Modify your pics with whats above your post
Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by paramakina202: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
headSmasher:
You are commenting on the one posted that means you have seen some now post yours that is equivalent to the time of the ones you are commenting about.

The picture been posted here is modern day Ibadan.I want to see the pictures of your so called ancient civilisation.The great Oyo empire of thatched mud houses grin
Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by seunolu7: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

The picture been posted here is modern day Ibadan.I want to see the pictures of your so called ancient civilisation.The great Oyo empire of thatched mud houses grin

See houses in ibadan decades ago? Show us the alternatives in biafla

5 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by Redcrafton: 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
abeeee:
Oyo

Who developed Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by paramakina202: 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:

See houses in ibadan decades ago? Show us the alternatives in biafla

Can you put date on this 20th century zink houses?
You are funny o.Show me 17th, 18th to early 19th century native Yoruba houses.
Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by tollyboy5(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunolu7:
Keep shut! You don't know anything about Lagos. Lagos was not nothing and would never be nothing.
Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by seunolu7: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

Can you put date on this 20th century zink houses?
You are funny o.Show me 17th, 18th to early 19th century native Yoruba houses.

Show Igbo houses the time this picture was taken first (early 1900s)
Re: They Said All Nigerians Developed Lagos. What About Oyo? by omokab: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Redcrafton:
OP you better remove those pictures, if that's the best of Ibadan.

All can be seen is good road with poor buildings...

Even at that I can show you more than 100 building own by the South easterners in Oyo, but you will hardly see a good building other than shanties owned bu you guys in the east.

This is Owerri...
what he's saying is different to the picture he posted . on everything you can't compare Ibadan to owerri and abia. Thank God I know all the south east states very well. Where you show must be new owerri. Where you have fine structure is new owerri and Douglas road to concord hotel and after oweri no other place you can say is fine .or will you tell orly because I think thats the second beautiful town I IMO state. Ibadan is
a very big city . As big as it is you cant mention all the fine area within it. You talk of Bodija,ikolaba estate ,eleyele bra,felele and felele rap,ring road ,challenge ,kolapo isola Gra, AK ala bra, elebu, and other new site that are very fine but which space will not allow me to mention. Honestly speaking Ibadan is a beautiful city but one may not be a able to see clearly because of its size. The brown roof area you mentioned like oje,bere, sapati, molete shows that Ibadan has been a developed city for very long time.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Made A Lil Mistake In The Name Of The Next President Of Nigeria / Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? / Panic as Reno Worries About The Safety Of Woman Who Exposed Tinubu Sharing Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.