Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The Concept Of Love From Biblical Perspective. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Love From Biblical Perspective. (194 Views)

How Are Human Souls Created At Conception? A Biblical Perspective. / What Is The Biblical Perspective On Domestic Violence? / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of Love From Biblical Perspective. by Fredrick4(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Greetings to you brothers and sisters around the globe in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. I am delighted to write to you about this matter of love, first of all you ought to know that our adversary the Devil is a thief. He masquerades as an Angel of Light in order to deceive and lead many to perpetual destruction. He does this by stealing from your heart the word of truth and life or by twisting it so that you don't understand it.

Being inspired by the Spirit l am here to unfold this issue of love from a biblical perspective not according to the philosophy of this world. I know many believers have been deceived to follow and practice justice in love but in accordance with selfish purposes. First of all, we need to know that by sending His own Son into this world God manifested an act of love and grace (John3:16) . He did this not because we loved Him, it's because He loved us so much and therefore didn't and doesn't want any of us to end up in turmoil for ever.

This means just as the Father loved us, so we must do in order to be like Him. The philosophy of this world concerning love is "Love merely those who love you, hate those who hate you" My brothers and sisters if this is the mechanism by which God loves, no doubt the land of the wicked would not be getting dew. Let us take a look at what our Lord Jesus Christ said about love, He said, "You have heard that it was said, 'love your friends and hate your enemies.' But now I say to you : love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you so that you may become the children of your Father in heaven. For He makes his sun shine on bad and good people alike and gives rain to those who do good and to those who do evil" Matthew 5:43-45
There is no reward in heaven for those who love only those who love them, this doesn't create any distinction between you and those of the world. The Lord Jesus said, "Why should God reward you if you love only the people who love you? Even tax collectors do that! And if you speak only to your friends, have you done anything out of ordinary? Even pagans do that! You must be perfect just as your Father in heaven is perfect!" Matthew 5:46-48

The notion "Love for lovers only and hate for haters" is not Christian and the same thing with interacting with your friends only. In this case we need to look at the example that Jesus showed, He was a friend of tax collectors d
and outcasts. Though many people don't like tax collectors but Christ did because we are all children of one God and Father. We are liars if we say that we love God who is invisible when we hate our brothers and sisters who are visible to us just because they wronged us. Is there anyone in this world who has never made a mistake? And if there is no one, why are we still living? The answer is - God's grace.

Love is a Law in the Kingdom of heaven, the greatest of all commands because all other commandments fall under this one command. (Matthew 22:34-40) From love came grace, from grace forgiveness. Now those who forgive not shall never be forgiven by God, those who hate their haters God shall not love . Why should God forgive you if you are unforgiving to others? Even though you understand all mysteries and pray in tongues but have not love, you are naught! Completely nothing.
Dear brethren as I wind up with this letter, I exhort you to love one another, forgive one another unconditionally and love God above everything.
Re: The Concept Of Love From Biblical Perspective. by Leverage2021: 5:43am On Dec 05, 2021
L

(1) (Reply)

10 Amazing Stories Of "How We Became Christians!" / Christmas Gifts For Your Dad And Boyfriend. / Changeable God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.