Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Experience 16: Religious Or Political Carnival? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experience 16: Religious Or Political Carnival? (148 Views)

Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. / All Men Can Hear From God Irrespective Of Being Religious Or Not / Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Experience 16: Religious Or Political Carnival? by chinedu234(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
I have for years now followed Experience as conducted by Pastor Paul Adefarasin and the House on the Rock cathedral. It signifies to me the beginning of the Christmas season. I also look forward and get some good doses of beautiful christian music. I can not forget the show of 2012 and my attachment to artists like Frank Edwards, Lara George, Don Moen and comedians like Chi Girl and Akpororo. I wondered how it was that comedy blended with the mood of worship. However I thought it worked and I have followed other editions till date. Let me say that one thing I didn't and may still not understand is the introduction of personalities during the event. A pointer is the Lagos state commissioner's speech and the booing that followed. I watched as Pastor Adefarasin cautioned the congregation and apologized to the Lagos state government on their behalf. He reminded the people of their duty to pray for their leaders and the possession of weapons of violence by government. In other words the people should be afraid of the leaders. I hereby observe as follows:1) If there was no special invitation to political leaders especially the Lagos government to make a speech,there would have been no booing. What was the religious benefit of the Lagos government address? 2) The bible is filled with examples of men of God who openly attacked kings when they were going wrong and those kings retreated. If the people booed the government because they were getting out of line, why will the man of God apologize? 3) What about the threat of violence? What was in the man of God's mind when he was reminding the people of the king bearing the sword? I thought especially for people in the lekki axis, the man of God should not have made that error. That was just like trying to stoke the embers of endsars and the perceived injustice and cover ups thereto. Anyway I couldn't continue watching the programme thereafter because I didn't understand the vision anymore. That was even as there had been appearances of ambassadors and introduction of perceived high profile individuals. And I wondered, to what end?
Re: Experience 16: Religious Or Political Carnival? by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
A union of the church and state

1 Like

Re: Experience 16: Religious Or Political Carnival? by Ola17: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
It doesn’t take special intelligence to figure out that the pastors and the politicians have something in common. The politicians impoverish and keep the citizens poor so that they could run to the pastors to be further brainwashed and conned out of their monies.

The day Nigerians will realize that 99.856% of their religious leaders are glorified yahoo boys and girls who keep them in perpetual fear with the threat of hellfire, poverty, ill health etc just so they don’t wise up and demand for accountability from the politicians, meanwhile the politicians give the religious leaders freehand to operate and enrich themselves. It’s a cartel folks.

They are all in it together.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Fit For The Kingdom Of GOD? / How To Receive God's Forgiveness / Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional 16 December 2021 - EXCELLENCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.