Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? (34355 Views)

My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by princejayy(m): 5:25am On Feb 08, 2020
Good day great intellectuals of Nairaland.

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 08, 2020
Ask yourself these questions; Where do I want to be both physically and mentally, in the next 5 years? Where do you dream of Building your career, if you are career oriented? What positions do you want to attain in the corporate world in the next 5years?
The truth is, School don't really prepare you for the harsh reality in Life. You graduated with a good result, okay, great! But, make sure you're really chasing your dreams, not just trying to secure a job so that you can 'Survive.'

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:22am On Feb 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Join a renowned occult. You won't regret it

Hope you are now one of the richest men on Forbes list

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2020
Bro go hustle. School na scam for Naija grin grin grin

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by correctyourself(m): 6:31am On Feb 08, 2020
Go for your NYSC first, that will help to expose you and open your eyes to available opportunities and chances for you.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:35am On Feb 08, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Would have loved to school you but I won't. Without people like you, it will be an equal world and the chain will be distorted.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:43am On Feb 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Would have loved to school you but I won't. Without people like you, it will be an equal world and the chain will be distorted.

Someone can't even joke again grin. Anyways I do know about the Occult. Most today wealthy and influential men are occultists.

5 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by femi4: 6:44am On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:
Good day great intellectuals of Nairaland.

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.

Cc
Richiez Fynestboi Olawalebabs
Go professional

Do Masters

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by thesicilian: 6:52am On Feb 08, 2020
5years in school studying a course and you still don't know what next? A truly intelligent person would never ask that.

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Davash222(m): 6:58am On Feb 08, 2020
Since you read Mechanical Engineering, I’ll advice you set up a Mechanic shop. Get your tools box and work don start be that. More ‘Grease’ to your elbow.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by traihit: 8:01am On Feb 08, 2020
Someone up there mentioned that the first question to ask yourself is 'what do you want to achieve in life...'
I think you should move from there. Do you want to be an engineer or you just want to work with your degree? Do you have passions for some other things aside engineering? If you have all the resources you need in the world today, where do you see yourself in 5-20 years? I think your answers to these questions WILL GIVE YOU A CLUE.
But honestly, whatever you plan to do, be prepared to sweat and stay in the mud to get it done. As long as you're ready to get dirty to achieve your goal (and I don't mean doing dirty things), you'll get there.
However, you have a long way to go if you've not found a sense of purpose, a motive that drives you to get the 2:1 honours the university is conferring on you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

no not at all. He is busy looking for Saturday wedding in order to eat and after he will go and when Monday comes, he continues to apply for jobs

8 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

no not at all. He is busy looking for Saturday wedding in order to eat and after he will go and when Monday comes, he continues to apply for jobs .

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by ucham: 8:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Davash222:
Since you read Mechanical Engineering, I’ll advice you set up a Mechanic shop. Get your tools box and work don start be that. More ‘Grease’ to your elbow.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. You think say the guy sabi hold spanner? Even him professor no fit fix im own motor.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 08, 2020
Start applying for bank job like access and stanbic

7 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Joystark(f): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2020
Tell us when you find a good answer...
Alot of people are curious as well. sad

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by earthsync(f): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2020
You're saying you don't know what next to do?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by seanwilliam(m): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2020
I know the feelings bro.. like u go begin wonder what next to do..
My brotherly advice.. Dont try to further your education now.
1. Learn catering
2. Use the money to set up a betting shop
3. Start digital marketing
4. Start selling domains or drop shipping
5. Start data selling business
6. Buying and selling of stationeries
7. Start DJ work
8. Start shawarma business
9. Start pos shop
10. Start dry cleaning
11. Pull head together with your friends and set up pineapple, tomato and ugwu farm
12. Learn phone and laptop repairs
13. Start agent work in buying and selling of land
14. Learn graphics and set up foreign fiverr account
15. Start online clothing business , posting it on nairaland and WhatsApp
16. If you get better physic join bouncer
17. Open computer shop close to higher institution
19. Learn photography and make up
20.. HUSLE

I really took out my time to post this.. the bitter truth is looking for job without connexion is futile.. there is no harm in trying sha.. it is either you have connexion or extra value.. do any of the above to keep body and soul together..

101 Likes 13 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by jeph19(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
I know the feelings bro.. like u go begin wonder what next to do..
My brotherly advice
1. Dont try to further your education now
2. Use the money to set up a betting shop
3. Start digital marketing
4. Start selling domains
5. Start data selling business
6. Buying and selling of stationeries
7. Start DJ work
8. Start shawarma business
9. Start pos shop
10. Start dry cleaning
11. Pull head together with your friends and set up pineapple, tomato and ugwu farm
12. Learn phone and laptop repairs
13. Start agent work in buying and selling of land
14. Learn graphics and set up foreign fiverr account
15. Start online clothing business , posting it on nairaland and WhatsApp
16. If you get better physic join bouncer
17. Open computer shop close to higher institution
19. Learn photography and make up
20.. HUSLE

I really took out my time to post this.. the bitter truth is looking for job without connexion is futile.. there is no harm in trying sha.. do any of the above to keep body and soul together..

A long list you've got here. Your comments are soothing (I'll be graduating June 2020.)
But you didn't add anything related to the corporate world/ his discipline.
How about dropshipping
And catering sir?

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by seanwilliam(m): 11:28am On Feb 08, 2020
jeph19:

A long list you've got here. Your comments are soothing (I'll be graduating June 2020.)
But you didn't add anything related to the corporate world/ his discipline.
How about dropshipping
And catering sir?
catering is very visible sir.. and. The list was wetin dey my head that time.. schooling these days na just to set the record straight.. is either you have connexion or extra value

12 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Yamsyy(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2020
You want to have a passive income?
You wanna learn how Blockchain and Cryptocurrency investments work?

*I can show you a simple way you can use N2500 -2800 only to start with ETHEREUM SMART CONTRACT and rake in 6 figures..*
You must sha be willing to teach at least 2 people this strategy!
Sounds interesting? Kindly join the group https:///JvWgUZf1T3T0fQiASnwB1g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Hakeem12(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2020
Go into IT, anything from Data science, to web design, UI/UX designer

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Kennitrust(m): 11:54am On Feb 08, 2020
Start work undecided
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2020
What next ke?

So you mean you spent 5 years in school without a plan of what next?

Well, NYSC next.

And pray you get good placement.

8 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by vezycash(m): 11:54am On Feb 08, 2020
Congrats. Good luck. You'll need it.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2020
Great Uniben
Congrats Bro

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

YABATECH Student Mocks Fire Service Men, We Should Call A DJ / What Is The Differences Between Pre-degree And Remedial? / Delta Polytechnic Ozoro School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.