Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch (2961 Views)

Obi Never Spoke Igbo, He Never Condemned Other Tribes But They Call Him Bigot / Names Of Tribes In South South Nigeria / Buhari Does Not Trust Other Tribes But He Wants Their Votes Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by PDJT: 4:29am On Dec 06, 2021
-Nigeria is a colonial construct and remains a symbol of British colonialism, with one of the most backward groups in Africa, their caretaker. Hence, why I no longer recognise it as a country, and will never hesitate to lead the enemy to the stable.

-People in my household who are still with “Nigerian passport” sees it for what it is- a mere travel document that should be discarded like a used tampon at any slightest opportunity.

-The OP is spot on, by the way. The job of reorienting the African mind is a multigenerational herculean task. A job that requires heavyweights in the form of Freud, Jung, Nietzsche and co.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by EzeCanada: 4:29am On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
United States & Canada are both a 100 times more diverse than Nigeria, let’s just say as usual the black man is unable to solve his problems so he comes up with excuses.

Ordinary electricity they cannot provide for themselves.

Falsehood from the pit of hell. Why navigate into territories you know nothing about?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by PDJT: 4:34am On Dec 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Me and my kids are doing very well, we don’t need luck but we are extremely lucky if you know what I mean.

Nigeria is our country and our country is Nigeria. This is an undeniable fact, we hold the Nigerian passport, we are not delusional at all, we face reality as it stands on ground.

-Good for you and your kids. All the very best. smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 06, 2021
PDJT:
-Nigeria is a colonial construct and remains a symbol of British colonialism, with one of the most backward groups in Africa, their caretaker. Hence, why I no longer recognise it as a country, and will never hesitate to lead the enemy to the stable.

-People in my household who are still with “Nigerian passport” sees it for what it is- a mere travel document that should be discarded like a used tampon at any slightest opportunity.

-The OP is spot on, by the way. The job of reorienting the African mind is a multigenerational herculean task. A job that requires heavyweights in the form of Freud, Jung, Nietzsche and co.

Nope. The job is not as difficult as you make it seem, it starts with your mindset and thinking what you can do to better your country.

The United States is a colonial construct, same with Canada, same with South Africa, Singapore etc. being a colonial construct is not the end of the world. When Nigeria was a powerhouse was it not a colonial construct back then?

You can live in any country you want, people will still ask you where are you from originally? You can never run away from your background. A true son of the soil will never be ashamed of where he comes from. If you truly do not care about this country anymore you won’t be on nairaland, that’s a fact.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 06, 2021
PDJT:

-Good for you and your kids. All the very best. smiley

We keep marching, waving our flag with pride. God bless Nigeria grin

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by PDJT: 4:42am On Dec 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Nope. The job is not as difficult as you make it seem, it starts with your mindset and thinking what you can do to better your country.

The United States is a colonial construct, same with Canada, same with South Africa, Singapore etc. being a colonial construct is not the end of the world. When Nigeria was a powerhouse was it not a colonial construct back then?

You can live in any country you want, people will still ask you where are you from originally? You can never run away from your background. A true son of the soil will never be ashamed of where he comes from. If you truly do not care about this country anymore you won’t be on nairaland, that’s a fact.

-And what is the name of this my “country”?
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by AntiBMC(m): 6:27am On Dec 06, 2021
louqas:

You are deliberately enslaving yourself by helping spread a false narrative created by mainly pro biafra agitators . HISTORY WAS NEVER BANNED IN SCHOOLS

You are the epitome of mental slavery... and ur chains are represented by that ₦29,998k you collect every month to spread falsehood.

Geddifok...I don't banter with urchins.
U can keep arguing with urself on my mention tho..if that will make u feel better.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 06, 2021
Terorislam:
I don't know why I don't feel anything about Nigeria, I feel very bad when addressed as a Nigerian, for God sake I don't want to hear the name Nigeria, they should just divide this country
The sheeple of Nigeria don't know what they are into....upholding and honoring a companies name so help them god
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Sctests: 7:06am On Dec 06, 2021
BKayy:
So Punch editors are in Nairaland.
They need to pay me for clearing this fallacy here.

Which one is that cọck and bull story they made up in the write up?
Just, give me and Nairaland our credit instead of wasting your energy.

Thank you, they have finally accepted our facts.

What annoys me more than anything is when ignorant mor0ns call nigeria "our nation'. It is not a nation but a country filled with potpourri of nations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by tamdun: 7:12am On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
United States & Canada are both a 100 times more diverse than Nigeria, let’s just say as usual the black man is unable to solve his problems so he comes up with excuses.

This is a pure lie, how many tribes are there in Canada/USA, a country with too many tribes like Nigeria will never work, the minorities will always suffer no matter what

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by tamdun: 7:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:

Not true, how many tribes are there in Canada/USA, a country with too many tribes like Nigeria will never work, the minorities will always suffer no matter what
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2021
tamdun:

This is a pure lie, how many tribes are there in Canada/USA, a country with too many tribes like Nigeria will never work, the minorities will always suffer no matter what

You think minorities don’t suffer in USA? US & Canada are multinational states, in the US they have 2 pseudo-official languages, English and Spanish. Park well, minorities are always treated as such everywhere.

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Arda1000(m): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

I’m Nigerian, I carry a Nigerian passport. I will continue to do my part to make Nigeria a better country at home and abroad. I will influence governance not with noise and wailing but with my vote, from local government level, to the state assembly and national assembly.

I will not turn my back against my country or soil it’s reputation publicly, that would make me an enemy of my state and a traitor. I am neither of those things.

This is what I mean by complete and total rehabilitation, the Nigerian people who have been delusional need to understand that they are only making things worse, especially for themselves. Nigeria is all we got.
and u thought u made sense grin.
You that voted,you voted for Buhari for change Abi ?
Where's the change, Las Las u go vote for another theif too, unless the constitution is changed forget it ur vote is useless
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Arda1000:
and u thought u made sense grin.
You that voted,you voted for Buhari for change Abi ?
Where's the change, Las Las u go vote for another theif too, unless the constitution is changed forget it ur vote is useless

You, don’t vote. Come on nairaland to wail that will solve all your problems grin
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Arda1000(m): 7:47am On Dec 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

you must be high on fermented brukutu
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Arda1000:
you must be high on fermented brukutu

You must be high on mkpuru-mmiri senselense diot! Keep wailing, your cries are music to my ears grin

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Arda1000(m): 8:08am On Dec 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

You, don’t vote. Come on nairaland to wail that will solve all your problems grin
and you that has been voting what problem have you solved grin?
Won't u be buying fuel 400 when they remove subsidy or aren't you buy pure water 20#?
Oponu i shame for ur ancestors

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by orisa37: 8:12am On Dec 06, 2021
IGBO IS A TRIBE CONCOCTED IN 1970.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 06, 2021
Arda1000:
and you that has been voting what problem have you solved grin?
Won't u be buying fuel 400 when they remove subsidy or aren't you buy pure water 20#?
Oponu i shame for ur ancestors

Me and you are not on the same level grin continue to sit at home, while we decide your political climate for you
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2021
It's obvious 99% don't even understand what Nigeria means
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2021
louqas:

You are deliberately enslaving yourself by helping spread a false narrative created by mainly pro biafra agitators . HISTORY WAS NEVER BANNED IN SCHOOLS

Nigerian history starts from Lord Luggard!
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Fejoku: 8:34am On Dec 06, 2021
[s]
Rexwalters1:
Children like you don’t know anything, & aren’t aware that when you get tired of the freedom of democracy, the Military can easily take over & keep everyone in line?

You were probably a kid playing around with your Superman pant & rolling tires as your vehicle the last time the Military was in power? So you have no clue, and extremely naive to your ignorant imaginations of separate Nigeria?
[/s]
Any military attempt will be the last straw that will break the spine of the blood guzzling terrorist contraption.
Death to the terrorist country.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Fejoku: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2021
[s]
kingawothefirst:

We keep marching, waving our flag with pride. God bless Nigeria grin
[/s]
If God blesses Nigeria, then He's an enabler of terrorism and oppression.
Death to the terrorist enclave.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Arda1000(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Me and you are not on the same level grin continue to sit at home, while we decide your political climate for you
I rather sit at home than shamelessly voting thieves in to power like u
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 06, 2021
[s]quote author=Fejoku post=108254802]
If God blesses Nigeria, then He's an enabler of terrorism and oppression.
Death to the terrorist enclave.[/quote][/s]

A bunch of idiots in my mentions, God bless Nigeria! May all enemies of our dear country burn in hell.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Arda1000:
I rather sit at home than shamelessly voting thieves in to power like u

Sit at home in shame and get off my mentions, this is why your country will never work for you. Foolish set of people. All they want to do is stay at home and beg for presidency, idiots!
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by philiancoop(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Arda1000:
Nigerians are failing for the same tactics the British used,I feel embarrassed when someone call Igbo tribe wtf.
Am Igbo by Ethnicity and Isu by tribe
You're igbo by nation, you're of the Igbo nation. In a nation, there are tribes.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by philiancoop(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Arda1000:
wtf did you get this definition of tribe, Tribes got to do with people who share common ancestry and are related culturally and are of same Ethnicity.

Nation on the other hand you are correct.
If Nigeria defines a tribe then where is the Ethnicity then?
Because you get an Ethnic group before getting to know the various tribes,Just like Jews for example

Let me help you understand.

Nation is a people who come from the same ancestry. So they have blood relations, though distant. They then have the same culture, LANGUAGE, etc. Like yoruba nation, Igbo nation, Fulani nation, Benin Nation. Nigeria is not a nation. Nigeria does not speak the same language
Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by bjdon: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
Finally! I've been saying this for ages. The British used the term 'Tribe' to describe our various nations, so that we would not think of ourselves in terms of the great African kingdoms and Empires that had existed before the white man arrived.
I warn people in conversations to never to refer to the Edo's as a tribe. I am not from a tribe. I am from the Edo Kingdom, a kingdom that currently has approx 5 Million people, which is more than Lativa and Estonia combined. How can you call the Igbo a tribe? There are more Igbo people in this world than there are people in Belgium. How can you call the Yoruba a tribe? There are more Yoruba people than there are People in Portugal. We all need to accept the truth. Nigeria is not a nation of tribes, it is an almagamation of nations. That must be the basis for any so called restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Made Up Of Tribes But Nations —Punch by Arda1000(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
philiancoop:

Let me help you understand.

Nation is a people who come from the same ancestry. So they have blood relations, though distant. They then have the same culture, LANGUAGE, etc. Like yoruba nation, Igbo nation, Fulani nation, Benin Nation. Nigeria is not a nation. Nigeria does not speak the same language

Check who you are quoting Abi u dey confuse ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Trusted Tinubu But He Repaid Me With Betrayal- Aregbesola / I Can't Contest Against My Godfather- Bala Muhammed / Sea Of People Turn Up For PDP Rally In Calabar This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.