Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? (27359 Views)

4,531 Sex Workers Undergo HIV Treatment, Counseling In Ogun / ‘747,853 Females Among 1,090,233 Nigerians On HIV Treatment’ / Where Can I Get An HIV Treatment Center In Porthacourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Megabig: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:
hello guys

i just discovered that im hiv positive, so i am looking for a hospital where i can get free hiv treatment in riverstate (i heard the government made it free in some hospitals)

does anyone have any idea ? please comment below

Lol, I’ve been positive since 2008, that was second year in University, This is 13 years and I’m far better. All you need a a daily dose of your anti-retroviral… Don’t listen to what most uneducated people are telling you here, once you get to the clinic, you will see people who have been positive for over 40 years and they are old and still taking their pill. Pill is even not bitter at all.
How I saved myself:

1. I didn’t tell any family member because I wasn’t sure of how I will be treated. So no one knows till date.
2. I never told anyone I was dating, I’m undetectable therefore I cannot transmit it to you. What’s the point? So they will discriminate? Sorry I didn’t talk shiiiiiiiiiiiit and they are all good too.

3. I don’t joke with my daily pill. Never!!!!!! I only once had one which made me weak during the day, told the doctor and he changed it.

4. I didn’t tell any friend, so as it stands, the only people that know about my status is either people I met in clinic when going to take my pill or the people I picked pills for.

5. Always go for your 6 months test, it to your own advantage because while checking your vital load, they will also check for STI which negative people don’t do. So you have free testing in the bag. From that year till today, I’ve not had fever or anything due to the tests which is free.

6. Remove fear, it’s totally nothing I swear with my life, you will be amazed.., Getting to the clinic will convince you though. No one is dying of HIV when they stick to their drugs.

You may not follow my pattern but if you have people you love and trust that won’t stereotype, why not? You can tell them. But sadly I don’t trust anyone to be happy with me especially when I knew I was just in 2nd year in university and my parents will blab on how I got to UNI and was positive.For once also, I made my research because I thought I was going to die but YouTube and looking things up saved me too. Knowledge is power, don’t listen to all these street tadpoles here on nairaland, they know nothing and will never know…

Again, live your life, make sure you just take your drugs and once undetectable… you are so good. It’s nothing big bro

The annoying things I encountered:
1. During the early stages of registering with FMC Umuahia and picking my drugs, the nurses at the clinics can be very annoying. The doctors are sweet.

2. Even though we all in the hall are there to take pills, don’t just shout my name from a distance like they calling school kids, they should learn to be discreet but then of course we are all there for the same thing so…. But I never liked it(anyways I used a fake name from the start, a man that directed me told me to do so), but I don’t see the reason why though, no one have asked and the name I used haven’t made any difference.

3. I missed my appointment once and the treatment they dished out to me was not nice. They were so rude. So just don’t miss your appointment.

4. Because I tried to be careful not to let people know, I had to his my drugs, it’s usually 6 small rubber sealed containers, each for 1 month, it can be very annoying sometimes though. I hid in ceilings in my house, I hid everywhere I swear and will always have one bottle ready for myself. I usually transfer the pill into a multivitamin capsule bottle but again I made sure I don’t give anyone. Lol, to be discreet no easy.

5. I travelled a lot do I have to share room with people sometimes even during nysc, so I kept on hiding everything , lol… it’s stressful though

6. I wasted my money buying fruits and all these suggested trash, if I know, I would have just been taking my drugs, stop thinking and I’ll be fine. That’s all you need. Forget all those take vitamins bla bla bla, you will get scared for nothing, I did my research and all I need was my pill that’s all. If you want to take multivitamin that’s ok, but don’t make it a must. It’s not necessary

I thing that’s all, I’ve not fallen sick ever, please make sure you use condoms while having sex to protect the other partner, you won’t want to hear some saying they texted positive because of you, it will be a lot of drama, but once you are undetectable, you are good. I still use condoms on random people because I don’t want infection, but with my relationships, we test for infection and there was no need for condoms and I’m good.

You are good…. Be safe and avoid people saying what they don’t know

40 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Olam09(m): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
Eyah.. sorry bro
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by buygala(m): 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
odehbrainard:
It is no death sentence okay. Magic Johnson the popular basketball we had been positive for over 30years and has been doing fine. Cause you don’t read makes you say foolish things you know nothing about.

See testing positive is no live sentence, just as you have done now, locating where you can get treatment is a good start. Soon as you start drugs, adhere to it and you would be fine. You don’t have to worry about what the drug does, modern drugs available now are very efficient and it’s just like taking vitamins. Just drink enough water, at least two liters a day and you would be fine. Don’t worry okay, there are so many people who are positive and have been for 10,20,30years and counting, it’s just like managing high blood pressure.

To tell you how easy it is now, we now have injectable drugs that you can take once in three months and won’t have to bother taking pills again. I might not be positive but I know these cause my bestfriend of over 18years is and has been fine. A cure is very near and [/b]stay positive and happy okay.[b]

@ bolded

You and who is 'staying positive and happy'? undecided

Oga I am not the Op, neither am I HIV positive

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
buygala:
Hmmmmm....see wahala

If the HIV itself does not kill, the toxicity of the constant retroviral drugs will damage the kidneys, liver and God knows what elsesad

All ways now lead to express cry

Modified...to all those quoting me and telling me I know nothing about what I am talking about...

Please feel free to go get HIV because according to you guys, the retrovirals have no side effect...

It's basic medical knowledge that the kidney purifies whatever is ingested...and when the kidney keeps being overworked by purifying daily ingested drugs, it's just normal it will run into problems sooner or later and allow the toxins in these drugs into the bloodstream...and na dis the raggae go turn to blues

I personally know some people who are living in Nigeria with HIV and the honest truth is that it's not funny for them...strict dieting and compliance with drug dosage, all sorts of precautions to be taken before having sex or even conceiving, and a slow but sure decline in normal immune function...small sickness wey on a normal, no suppose disturb you go kpai you sad

Forget what Mainstream stream media brainwashes you with. .these HIV guys are sitting on a time bomb...

Life is already hard enough without having to deal with daily drug intakes and immune supplements...HIV is actually a death sentence....sooner or later

Before and after modifying your post, it still makes no sense.

You need to read more and learn new things, your brain is still on an old operating system , windows XP at best

5 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by TinaG(f): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:
hello guys

i just discovered that im hiv positive, so i am looking for a hospital where i can get free hiv treatment in riverstate (i heard the government made it free in some hospitals)

go to university of port Harcourt teaching hospital. Ask them n they will direct you .
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Matthewdan(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mewhizzp:
Eyyah.
You'll not Die in Jesus name.

Mtcheeew! Who's talking about death here
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by buygala(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
izzy4shizzy:

Before and after modifying your post, it still makes no sense.

You need to read more and learn new things, your brain is still on an old operating system , windows XP at best

You wey your brain dey on windows 11

Go get HIV so you can enjoy the retrovirals smiley
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by penplus: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

Positive? No!

You should just focus your energy on what was asked, not some irrelevant things. Your unsolicited advise was irrelevant.

I hear you...have you given him any suggestions?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by positivelad: 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
Neddstark:

She must be really hurt. Thank God with treatment, you will live a normal life. If I should ask, how long did you begin noticing symptoms after exposure?
24hours later, but i didn't think it was serious. i felt as if i wanted to get sick from malaria (very slightly though), that was why i downplayed it
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
buygala:

You don choose what happens to you chief.
What you choose is the reaction afterwards.

You are quite an insensitive little prick

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by IPIGSRHYPO: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
[s][/s]
Shut up

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

Life ban needed for this violence, tribal and religious fanatic
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by azpekuliar: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:
hello guys

The testing facility were you carried out your test did not suggest any? Care to share how you discovered your status?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by positivelad: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
azpekuliar:

Care to share how you discovered your status?
via test
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by dnawah(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:
hello guys

you be man or woman?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Kajaard: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
Megabig:

Lol, I’ve been positive since 2008, that was second year in University, This is 13 years and I’m far better. All you need a a daily dose of your anti-retroviral… Don’t listen to what most uneducated people are telling you here, once you get to the clinic, you will see people who have been positive for over 40 years and they are old and still taking their pill. Pill is even not bitter at all.
How I saved myself:

1. I didn’t tell any family member because I wasn’t sure of how I will be treated. So no one knows till date.
2. I never told anyone I was dating, I’m undetectable therefore I cannot transmit it to you. What’s the point? So they will discriminate? Sorry I didn’t talk shit and they are all good too.

3. I don’t joke with my daily pill. Never!!!!!! I only once had one which made me week during the day, told the doctor and he changed it.

4. I didn’t tell any friend, so as it stands, the only people that know about my status is either people I met in clinic when going to take my pill or the people I picked pills for.

5. Finally, always go for your 6 months test, it to your own advantage because while checking your vital load, they will also check for STI which negative people don’t do. So you have free testing in the bag

6. Remove fear, it’s totally nothing I swear my life, you will be amazed.., Getting to the clinic will convince you though. No one is dying of HIV when they stick to their drugs.

You may not follow my pattern but if you have people you love and trust that won’t stereotype, why not? You can tell them. But sadly I don’t trust anyone to be happy with me especially when I knew I was just in 2nd year in university and my parents will blab on how I got to UNI and was positive. I just don’t want it…..

Again, live your life, make sure you just take your drugs and once undetectable… you are so good. It’s nothing big bro

Wow, this will help him a lot. I am happy to see you are doing well. You are a proof it's not a death sentence.

positivelad please the post above is what you should follow. I wish you the best cool

6 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Neddstark: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:

24hours later, but i didn't think it was serious. i felt as if i wanted to get sick from malaria (very slightly though), that was why i downplayed it

Thanks for the information bro. Everything will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by penplus: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
buygala:
Hmmmmm....see wahala

If the HIV itself does not kill, the toxicity of the constant retroviral drugs will damage the kidneys, liver and God knows what elsesad

Modified...to all those quoting me and telling me I know nothing about what I am talking about...

Please feel free to go get HIV because according to you guys, the retrovirals have no side effect...

It's basic medical knowledge that the kidney purifies whatever is ingested...and when the kidney keeps being overworked by purifying daily ingested drugs, it's just normal it will run into problems sooner or later and allow the toxins in these drugs into the bloodstream...and na dia the raggae go turn to blues

I personally know some people who are living in Nigeria with HIV and the honest truth is that it's not funny for them...strict dieting and compliance with drug dosage, all sorts of precautions to be taken before having sex or even conceiving, and a slow but sure decline in normal immune function...small sickness wey on a normal, no suppose disturb you go kpai you sad

Forget what Mainstream stream media brainwashes you with. .these HIV guys are sitting on a time bomb...

Life is already hard enough without having to deal with daily drug intakes and immune supplements...HIV is actually a death sentence....sooner or later

This is too harsh.... you're killing someone's hope you know
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by MufasaLion: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
penplus:

I hear you...have you given him any suggestions?

I got no clinic to direct him to since I don't live in his state of residence and I got no idea about how HIV patients get their medications.

I only tried to write to others to be careful.
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Crusadee: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
What is not a death sentence in this life? Your self you are living on a death sentence if you don't know. How can you be talking rubbish to a guy you need to encourage? In this life it's 1000 ways to die, everything is a death sentence.
buygala:
Hmmmmm....see wahala

It's basic medical knowledge that the kidney purifies whatever is ingested...and when the kidney keeps being overworked by purifying daily ingested drugs, it's just normal it will run into problems sooner or later and allow the toxins in these drugs into the bloodstream...and na dia the raggae go turn to blues

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by azpekuliar: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
buygala:

This is a serious thread bro. Abeg.. cheesy
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
buygala:
Hmmmmm....see wahala

Life is already hard enough without having to deal with daily drug intakes and immune supplements...HIV is actually a death
sentence....sooner or later

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Must you type Oga?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Kanixt(m): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mewhizzp:
Eyyah.
You'll not Die in Jesus name.
Why you dey talk of die? By the way who no go die?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by positivelad: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Megabig:

How I saved myself:

2. I never told anyone I was dating, I’m undetectable therefore I cannot transmit it to you. What’s the point? So they will discriminate? Sorry I didn’t talk shit and they are all good too.

3. I don’t joke with my daily pill. Never!!!!!! I only once had one which made me week during the day, told the doctor and he changed it.

5. Finally, always go for your 6 months test, it to your own advantage because while checking your vital load, they will also check for STI which negative people don’t do. So you have free testing in the bag

6. Remove fear, it’s totally nothing I swear my life, you will be amazed.., Getting to the clinic will convince you though. No one is dying of HIV when they stick to their drugs.

You may not follow my pattern but if you have people you love and trust that won’t stereotype, why not? You can tell them. But sadly I don’t trust anyone to be happy with me especially when I knew I was just in 2nd year in university and my parents will blab on how I got to UNI and was positive. I just don’t want it…..

thanks for your encouragement bro. the only person ive told is my mum and she is quite secretive about it.

i got infected 2 months ago while doing my clearance in school... very sad cry
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Kajaard: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
buygala:
Hmmmmm....see wahala

You will most probably die before the op. Foolish people like you die early. I blame cheap data for your stupidity. Instead of you to encourage the op you are trying to make him get more depressed. slowpoke like you.

9 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by azpekuliar: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:

i did that same test and was tested negative as well.... the symptoms persisted. weeks later, i went for another test and was confirmed positive

What symptoms?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Teddysky: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Sorry bro be strong ,also try and check back I mean run the text back again and see
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by KiNg0G: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
dalass:

And he was forced and roughhandled to receive it
no karashikas and Jezebels don't force, they deceive..
please I beg you keep your hiv to yourself
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
DisLifeSha:
Why are Type 1 Diabetics not getting free treatment and insulin drug. It's not easy battling with Type 1 Diabetes now

Manage it with diet/food...it's better off. Meet a dietitian for professional care.
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by 2kurupt(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
HarunaWest:

Is this a response to the OP's question.....Zomo
Don't mind the over sabi people in this forum. What they dunno is that the OP might outlive some of them.
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Joeyfizzo: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
KiNg0G:
hahahaha
who is dis God forsaking illiterate?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by kristo123: 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
How did you contract it ?
Re: Where Can I Get Free HIV Treatment In Rivers State? by Excel70: 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
positivelad:

i did that same test and was tested negative as well.... the symptoms persisted. weeks later, i went for another test and was confirmed positive
sorry about this. Please what were the symptoms you experienced?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

15 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water More / Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths / Coronavirus: Italy Worst Hit In Europe As New Cases Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.