Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances (5315 Views)

Super Eagles AFCON 2023 provisional squad reportedly leaked / Okoye, Iwobi Receive Death Threats After Eagles AFCON Exit / Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by solbase10(m): 9:42am On Dec 06, 2021
With just weeks to the commencement of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, former Nigerian midfielder, Henry Nwosu has admonished the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) to be mindful of their decision to sack Gernot Rohr as Super Eagles coach.

The performance of the Super Eagles in the just concluded group stage of the World Cup qualifiers has called into question the tactical nous of its German tactician. The team put up displays that left much to be desired, with a large section of the fans demanding that the manager be relieved of his duties.

However, in an interview with Completesports.com, Nwosu stated that sacking Rohr may jeopardise Nigeria’s chances of making an appreciable performance at AFCON 2021.

The 1980 AFCON winner also noted that the NFF should be more concern on the preparation of the team for the tournament.

“Although I am not impressed with the display of the Super Eagles in recent games under Gernot Rohr, however, that doesn’t warrant the Nigeria Football Federation to call for his sack when the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations is just around the corner.

“Come to think of it, will sacking Rohr now make the team win the AFCON title? The truth is, this is not the best time to embark on such decision. Such decision may affect the players psychologically in terms of performance considering the fact that the players are more connected to him.”

Now in his fifth year in charge, Rohr, a former Germany international defender, has led the Super Eagles in 54 international matches, which makes him the country’s longest serving coach.

L
In the 54 games handled, Rohr recorded victory in 28 of those matches, a tally some feel is below par going by the abundance of talents at his disposal.

Source: https://www.completesports.com/exclusive-sacking-rohr-may-jeopardise-eagles-afcon-2021-chances-nwosu/

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by ignis: 9:44am On Dec 06, 2021
Genort Rohr should Gerrout.
If you don't Gerrit, Forget about it.

His sack is long over due. That dude is paid heavily in dollar, yet the result is in kobo.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by admax(m): 10:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Gernot Rohr is clueless, period!

However, NFF is the most clueless of all. Terrible organisation

14 Likes

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Cantonese: 10:13am On Dec 06, 2021
E still dey?

Henry Nwosu, one of our best in those days wey Nigeria football dey sweet. If you no go stadium for matches na you lose pass.

2 Likes

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by visijo(m): 10:13am On Dec 06, 2021
I will be doing giveaway by 8pm tonight(30k)
To qualify send me 2k make I eat first.......
My body dey shake��

10 Likes

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Building for the future is more important than a tournament.

Getting a coach that will start the journey of building our football is more important than towing the line of having a good tournament.

Amunike remains my pick. He is already familiar with the team. Has a sound understanding of tactics. Very passionate about our grassroots football development.

Working towards this is better than good AFCON performance.

Long term goals beat short term targets.

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by paskal16: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Bb
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Cantonese: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2021
gameova:
Please someone should help me out with data or airtime please 090 481 713 80 Airtel. God bless

On top you go still get bad mouth dey talk to people. See as your head be like cricket head.

3 Likes

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by gassbee: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Sacking Rohr now is complete madness

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by wilsonlexis: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2021
hypnosb0:
shocked hhhmmm
*For N40,000 N10k monthly you can become a Software Developer in 100 days. Join our intensive online or physical class and change your life for ever. Software Developers are in high demands in
Send number to call
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Galileopapi(m): 10:16am On Dec 06, 2021
Building a team is a gradual process
But rohr is not convincing
He has no definite playing style
He looks more or less like our coaches in africa clueless!!!

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by nelszx: 10:17am On Dec 06, 2021
Gernot Rohr is playing ROHRbish football with all the talents at his disposal. He should just gettat

6 Likes

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18am On Dec 06, 2021
Come to think of it, will sacking Rohr now make the team win the AFCON title?...Henry Nwosu.

It is not about the title but growing as a team. Under Rhor, we are stagnating.

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Bvmsson(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2021
visijo:
My body dey shake��

Are you sure?

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by visijo(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2021
Bvmsson:

Are you sure?
yes boss, make I drop aza? grin
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by yusluvad(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2021
Make e jeopardise am. What's his usefulness ?
A coach without a unique tactics, and wonderful selections.

He haven't for once display the attributes of a German coach he claimed to be...

3 Likes

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by BigDawsNet: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2021
It's a risk we all are willing to take

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by EnemyofGod22(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2021
shocked God and satan doesn't exist

Know this and have peace of mind.
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2021
Rhor is here to stay till year 2023.
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by AutoChick4U(f): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2021
Mtcheeeeeew, let it jeopardize it naw. Their female counterparts balling more than the eagles no just set.

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Herkim(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2021
True talk from henry Nwosu base on his experience over the years .

Sacking Rohr super eagles coach is not the best at this eleventh hour . We need to be sincere with ourselves, most of our players both foreign and locals they are average players who uses more of physical strength than their brain to display their talent on the pitch.

For instance when Sunday olise was in charge of the super eagles what was his performance.
It was total disaster.

People clamouring for the sack of Rohr at this point in time less than a month to the major tournament are enemies of the nation.
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by WibusJaga: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2021

You people should stop worrying yourself about sacking Rohr. Does NFF over N600million for his payoff?
Dat Rohr contract na till death do us part. But nobody should pray for the man to die o.
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by udemzyudex(m): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2021
Rubbish talk.
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Charly68: 11:23am On Dec 06, 2021
This is true but in any case does it make any difference because with him in saddle no hope for them also
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Cmanforall: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2021
ignis:
Genort Rohr should Gerrout.
If you don't Gerrit, Forget about it.

His sack is long over due. That dude is paid heavily in dollar, yet the result is in kobo.
He should please take Ighalo with him
Let's watch our new breed talented players and those that will play with passion
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Iamvetlander(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2021
Make all of them getat
Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by Iamvetlander(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2021
visijo:
My body dey shake��

Abeg you just give me 1k first. I go sponsor the giveaway. You no get shaking my Guy cool

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by visijo(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamvetlander:

Abeg you just give me 1k first. I go sponsor the giveaway. You no get shaking my Guy cool
grin cheesy a guy can not guy a guy in a guy guy way grin

1 Like

Re: Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances by nickxtra(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Do they even have any chance before?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Flops Of The World Cup / Europe Transfer Window Deadline Deals / South Africa's Football Captain Shot Dead The Way They Shot Lucky Dube.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.